darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > [OFFICIAL TOPIC] The Definitive Skylanders and Vehicles Tier List
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
[OFFICIAL TOPIC] The Definitive Skylanders and Vehicles Tier List [STICKY]
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#51 Posted: 23:40:53 18/10/2016 | Topic Creator
[Reserved for a future Skylanders 7 List]
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 22:41:02 15/02/2017 by GigaCamo
#52 Posted: 23:42:06 18/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I was just about to say how the Jet Stream is S Tier

Also, Since the vehicles are going to get crowded very quickly, I made them into a separate list.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:02 18/10/2016 by GigaCamo
#53 Posted: 23:53:57 18/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Sea Shadow- Racks up damage like nobodys business.

Jet Stream- Tornados rack up damage and its projectiles do a lot of damage.

Crypt Crusher- The amigo skeletons do SO much damage.

Tomb Buggy- Good projectiles but the defense is so poor. it dies from pretty much anything.
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#54 Posted: 12:41:08 20/10/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I don't feel this list is very accurate so I normally wouldn't contribute but why the heck haven't Quickshot Imaginators with upgraded Marksman/Death Blossom been placed in S-Tier yet
People are really sleeping on this class
They don't even need an elemental power to be overpowered. Death Blossom mows down enemies in a huge area and being able to move around with it is incredible, Marksman does great damage and is very fast and reliable and the richrotcheting makes it insane, Soul Gem brings things to a ridiculous level when you get the chance to use it.
I think the term "OP" is thrown around WAY TOO ****ING MUCH, but Quickshot Imaginators are OP.

I hear Swashbuckler Imaginators are also extremely powerful, but I'm yet to try them.

I have an Undead Quickshot with (all mastered) Wild Style, Death Blossom, and Virus. Although I find it the hardest to use out of all my current Imaginators, it can be powerful is used right. I was able to take away over half of [final boss]'s health by mostly using Virus and using Death Blossom when I felt I could do so without taking damage.

This was before I unlocked its Sould Gem, and I think the Soul Gem could greatly increase the damage of Virus + Death Blossom.

And Wild Style, although not useful against big enemies, can push away smaller enemies, which makes it a good defensive move. Although not particularly useful alongside Virus and Death Blossom, I think it could be useful when used with other projectile attacks.

Also, Virus + Death Blossom is amazing againt groups of enemies, particularly when they are close together,
Which is probably the main reason my Undead Quickshot did well against the final boss

Overall, I think Undead Quickshots are amazing when used right, but terrible otherwise, making it either A Tier or C Tier depending on your playstyle. Not sure about other Elements.

As for Swashbucklers, my Fire Swashbuckler is definitely my most powerful Imaginator, although I think the Fire Dash is what makes him OP. His Sword Dash is also powerful, but nowhere near as fast as his Fire Dash. He is also one of my only two Imaginators to have a long-ranged attack (alongside my Tech Sentinel), and the ranged attack is also incredibly fast.

So, because of his Fire Dash and Sword Throw, he can easily dodge attacks and also deal damage from far away. Definitely S Tier, but again, not sure about other Elements.

-----

Tae Kwon Crow (Shuriken Slinger) is my most powerful Sensei so far. Although he doesn't have a dash attack, his Shurikens can deal LOTS of damage, and bounce towards enemies after their first hit, also making it good for crowd control too. IIRC, at level 20, each one does over 70 damage on their first hit and 28 damage when bouncing. And he can throw three of them at once.

I think he could easily become Gearshift 2.0. Again, definitely S Tier, and he is much more powerful than my other Senseis (Golden Queen, King Pen, and Hood Sickle).
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#55 Posted: 13:42:48 20/10/2016
A thought occurs to me, maybe we should ask Buuzer to help out with this?
Considering he uploads videos showcasing the Skylanders on both of their paths.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#56 Posted: 13:43:37 20/10/2016
I find my Undead Quickshot difficult to use because i feel like it gets killed in about three hits, which is bad considering I intend to use it for close-range fighting. Or I'm probably just bad as an Undead Quickshot.

I could also change Wild Style to Marksman, but I like the idea of a strictly close/mid-range Quickshot.

As for Tae, I think he's OP because all my other Senseis (and Pop Thorn and Chop Chop) are weak compared to him. That could change when I get more Senseis, though. BTW, what level is your Tae? I think Level-ups now increase other stats besides HP, so being low-level might make him seem weaker. I think one or all of his Shuriken Slinger upgrades might of increased his damage, too.
---
#57 Posted: 13:49:04 20/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Whoa! The day I'm not on is the day where the tiers list gets filled with comments.

The reason I haven't added any Imaginators is because I don't know how to rank them. I even said it in the rules.

I did not add Aurora because I didn't see anyone say anything at that time. I also don't own her yet.

I tried PM Buzzer for help on the banners and ranking. Still haven't gotten a response yet. Maybe if we all tried to contact him it might work.
#58 Posted: 14:43:15 20/10/2016
Mine is level 19, on Adventurer mode.
---
#59 Posted: 15:35:17 20/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I haven't played the Imagnitors yet, mostly due to me wanting to collect the right parts first.
ToonLink04 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1384
#60 Posted: 16:44:43 20/10/2016
Can I add Starcast on the mega start me up path to the S tier? If you know how to use it right it mostly just ends in world domination
---
He's going to kill me the first chance he gets, Turtle realized. I'm going to die.
#61 Posted: 21:06:26 20/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I'll check it out tonight. Though just by playing his base path, it pretty much is amazing
#62 Posted: 23:52:58 21/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I tried more vehicles.

Thump Truck- This thing is amazing. The drill gives you a small boost you can use over and over again. It is also very powerful and sturdy.

Shark Tank- This things homing missiles don't always work, but the underground attack lets you dodge attacks and if you hit someone with the fin, it is so strong it might as well be a 1 hit KO move.
#63 Posted: 01:18:16 26/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I'll add both Starcast and Tae Kwan Crow to S Tier soon
#64 Posted: 11:28:57 26/10/2016
On his Shuriken path (at level 20), he can throw three Shurikens at once, which deal over 80 damage each, and over 100 when charged (and he also throws five when charged). They can bounce between enemies, doing over 20 damage each.

Not sure if damage changes on the bottom path. Of course, he doesn't have his charge attacks on the bottom path.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:45 26/10/2016 by AmbushFan
#65 Posted: 13:47:19 26/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Witch Skylander are you talking about? Tae Kwan Crow or Starcast?
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#66 Posted: 14:35:53 26/10/2016
That doesn't sound like Starcast.
#67 Posted: 16:07:17 26/10/2016
Tae Kwon Crow.
---
#68 Posted: 21:49:52 26/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I found Starcast having lag as well. His shurikens could have more speed. Plus I noticed once he throughs his 4 projectiles, it takes a strangely long time to recharge. His Soul Gem is VERY good. Though he still can get hit when in the UFO.

I noticed a lot of characters are being requested for S Tier. Simply put, try to find some faults as well with the characters. At this rate, everyone will be in S Tier.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#69 Posted: 00:19:25 06/11/2016
So far, I think Mysticat and Chopscotch should be in the top tier.
---
Any last wishes?
#70 Posted: 02:39:13 06/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Honestly, I never used Chopscotch but I don't think Mysticat is that good. I'm trying to knock a lot of Skylanders from S Tier because not every Skylander is the best that there ever was.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#71 Posted: 06:22:39 06/11/2016
Quote: GigaCamo
Honestly, I never used Chopscotch but I don't think Mysticat is that good. I'm trying to knock a lot of Skylanders from S Tier because not every Skylander is the best that there ever was.

Not every Skylander is, but all the new ones put most of the old ones to shame. My Eon's Elite Spyro has the edge where Health is concerned, but that's about it.
That's how strong they are.
Edit: although, he's NOT worse, he's more or less equivalent to a level 20 sensei.
Although, that may be because I run Sheep Burner Spyro.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:28:58 06/11/2016 by juarmo
#72 Posted: 16:57:54 06/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm judging Skylanders on the games they were introduced (Since I don't want to make the list for each game too big). But I feel the most recent additions are all in S Tier. S Tier are extremely good and the few Skylanders that stand out from the rest.
Table Green Sparx Gems: 164
#73 Posted: 23:27:13 13/11/2016
Quote: juarmo
Quote: GigaCamo

Not every Skylander is, but all the new ones put most of the old ones to shame. My Eon's Elite Spyro has the edge where Health is concerned, but that's about it.
That's how strong they are.
Edit: although, he's NOT worse, he's more or less equivalent to a level 20 sensei.
Although, that may be because I run Sheep Burner Spyro.

Pretty sad to be honest. My old skylanders struggle to do 50 damage while King Pen and Air Strike over here are doing 100 per hit. And don't even let me get started about how powerful the imaginators are.
---
Why does no one have this username yet?
#74 Posted: 15:36:10 27/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I just played Chompy Mage a lot this weekend. I'll post my thoughts on him asap
Ninjero Green Sparx Gems: 115
#75 Posted: 17:31:09 23/12/2016
I don't think King Pen deserves to be S - tier, just based on his playstyle. He has a really hard time wearing down bosses for me right now, though he's not fully powered up. I almost always end up switching him out for something stronger, like Golden Queen. While the path recommendations has his combo path recommended, I wonder if his Ice Mastery path would actually have more utility?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#76 Posted: 18:06:53 23/12/2016
Ice Mastery is too situational to get him higher or lower. It's great at a single target like the bosses,but because it depends entirely on your direction when you start the ice summoning, the combo will hit that radius and nothing else.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#77 Posted: 15:50:30 25/12/2016
I'd rank Air Strike above King Pen. He doesn't the equivalent of the spinning dash move, but his regular combo has more range, and his bird is able to knock up enemies + offer invincibility frames (if I'm not mistaken). This is solely based on his basic path, haven't chosen which way to go with him yet.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#78 Posted: 21:21:11 25/12/2016
Absolutely not. King Pen on the Penguin Combos path can deal over 100 damage per hit, not to mention that his ice breath attack at the end of the Frozen Combo not only freezes enemies, but deals almost 600 damage. Not of this is with critical hits. So repeatedly doing the Frozen Combo deals almost 800 damage! Not to mention, there's also Emperor Penguin mode, which at that point is complete bull****.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Steve0645 Green Sparx Gems: 152
#79 Posted: 23:19:38 30/12/2016
Long time lurker, just made an account to share how incredible Chain Reaction is. His combos rack up insane damage, and knock up small/normal sized mobs, interrupting their attacks. His damage is insane, especially when an enemy is caught in one of his machines, and his attack 3 is a get out of jail free card with how short it's start up animation is, and how he's invulnerable while aiming. The soul gem improves it FURTHER, causing it to deal damage and interrupt enemies while aiming. Chain is a definite S tier in my opinion.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:16:23 31/12/2016 by Steve0645
#80 Posted: 21:32:29 01/01/2017
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
Absolutely not. King Pen on the Penguin Combos path can deal over 100 damage per hit, not to mention that his ice breath attack at the end of the Frozen Combo not only freezes enemies, but deals almost 600 damage. Not of this is with critical hits. So repeatedly doing the Frozen Combo deals almost 800 damage! Not to mention, there's also Emperor Penguin mode, which at that point is complete bull****.

You've got me convinced! I haven't heard much on the rest of the Senseis. Are they weaker, less attractive, or what?

Working on Buckshot now - he's a bit difficult to use, but as I upgrade him, it's starting to come together. I feel like his Soul Gem is necessary. His bottom path looks (and is, according to the paths topic) better?
#81 Posted: 02:18:13 13/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Since there is no Skylanders 7 this year, let's work on this thing to be the ultimate and accurate tiers list in all of DarkSpyro!
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#82 Posted: 02:57:06 13/02/2017
You mean, concerning all the games, right?

Well, Sensei and Imaginators first, Giants then, and for last the rest of Skylanders, that now completely suck on Hard and Legendary modes.

The average level 20 sensei does 120~350 damage per basic attack. Some can reach 1000 damage on critical hit per heavy attacks.
The average level 20 Skylander does 15~40 per basic attack. Giants around 60~80.

That without bearing in mind level 30+ imaginators...

Maybe we should set different categories.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#83 Posted: 11:28:29 13/02/2017
Quote: Halvmorke

Well, Sensei and Imaginators first, Giants then, and for last the rest of Skylanders, that now completely suck on Hard and Legendary modes.

The average level 20 sensei does 120~350 damage per basic attack. Some can reach 1000 damage on critical hit per heavy attacks.
The average level 20 Skylander does 15~40 per basic attack. Giants around 60~80.

I haven't played Imaginators yet but.. really there's that huge of a difference between Senseis and past skylanders? That seems reeeaally bad
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
#84 Posted: 12:18:33 13/02/2017 | Topic Creator

Every Skylander is judged by how they do in the game their own game. One single post can not hold that much information for the newer games.
#85 Posted: 15:33:27 13/02/2017
Well, but things are that way in Imaginators. Trap Masters were awesome in Trap Team (like senseis now), but now they're average. How would you do a classification, then? By game? If you assess every character regarding his original game, them it could be implied that Terrafin, Swarm and Ambush are equal in power, and that's not true by now.

Yes, Psychomancer, this is the main bad thing about Imaginators.
---
#86 Posted: 23:46:19 13/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I said that I'm only judging characters based on their original games because not only can one post not hold that many characters in the more recent game, but I feel that they should be judged at their best. Usually Skylanders get worse as the games go by.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#87 Posted: 11:31:20 15/02/2017
Banner for each game added!
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#88 Posted: 19:05:11 15/02/2017
For SuperChargers, and following my personal opinion:

S Tier
Stormblade - Blade Dancer
Super Shot Stealth Elf - Stealth Saboteur

A Tier
Shark Shooter Terrafin - Shark Team Squadron

B Tier
Nightfall - Dread Head
Deep Diver Gill Grunt - Storm Summoner

What do you think?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:49 15/02/2017 by Halvmorke
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#89 Posted: 21:06:47 15/02/2017
Why is Tae Kwon Crow not S tier in TT he does over 900 damage with 3 presses of the attack button. Like come on, he'd be hands down the best villain if not for Kaos doing over 700 per button press.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#90 Posted: 22:37:35 15/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Buuzer
Banner for each game added!

Thank you! They look great! Although the vehicles are missing a banner. I can just easily use the Superchargers one.
#91 Posted: 17:45:23 18/02/2017
Perhaps for the Imaginators, the best way to rank them is to rank element & class separately? I haven't used too many of the element crystals (since, obviously, they lock) but from what I can tell, the class usually has a much bigger bearing on your Imaginator's ability. Elementals are regulated to one attack tree, so it should be pretty easy to separate them.

I'm going down the Bow class with Earth. I find that the Bow Class (probably like all imaginators) is very powerful, and I like my earth elemental since I'm able to summon that little rhino guy to do some serious chip damage while I'm hopping around and shooting things. It's a candidate for S, certainly. I find it far superior to a Fire/Smasher that I normally play with - I wasn't impressed with either the Fire or the Smasher skills. But I'd need to take a closer look to definitively rank it.

Finished with Buckshot as well. He's decently powerful and the invincibility frames are nice, but I feel like he's just too slow at causing damage to be very good. Though he has mobility with his portals, getting in and out of his portals takes a few seconds and leaves you vulnerable. Compared to my Bow Imaginator, he's certainly inferior in terms of causing rapid damage - his arrows are too slow and all his other attacks rely on a combo (making portals and exploding them with a chain reaction) that takes far too long to really be effective. I feel like he's probably more like B tier.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:18:56 18/02/2017 by Ninjero
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#92 Posted: 18:02:46 18/02/2017
Ninjas, regardless of class, should definitely be S or A tier. Set up their third attack to be the mines, and the first attack to be trowing stars all around them. Just spam the third attack in every direction and shoot off throwing stars, since they go all around the imaginator all the mines should detonate, doing massive damage. I hardly use my secondary on my life ninja because the only strategy you need is spamming attack 3 and 1.
---
Dead
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#93 Posted: 22:51:48 25/04/2017
^I only used the "stars in one direction" and "knives falling from the sky" abilities for my Light Ninja, and the only thing that saves her is the Lumious Block. Might try your method though.
---
Soon.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#94 Posted: 23:10:46 25/04/2017
For SuperChargers, and following my personal opinion:

S Tier
Stormblade - Blade Dancer
Super Shot Stealth Elf - Stealth Saboteur

A Tier
Shark Shooter Terrafin - Shark Team Squadron

B Tier
Nightfall - Dread Head
Deep Diver Gill Grunt - Storm Summoner

What do you think?

Bone bash roller brawl is definitely S tire...I think that Astroblast is B tire
And so is double dare
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#95 Posted: 09:09:10 26/04/2017
I don't know if I'm completely stupid but the Imaginators tier list is completely empty. I can see the ranks but no Senseis / Imaginators listed. All other games tier lists are fine...
What am I doing wrong? Any idea?
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me