darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning > Does anyone know the Latin lyrics in any of the songs?
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know the Latin lyrics in any of the songs?
Convex Red Sparx Gems: 38
#1 Posted: 11:49:05 08/10/2016 | Topic Creator
For example, Track 18. Cynder Boss (With Choir) clearly has lyrics, but it is not written anywhere what they are.

The same goes with Track 20. Cynder Boss Convexity (With Choir) Which has whispers in Latin towards the end.

If anyone knows or has the slightest clue, i would love for you to share them...after three years of searching, i have kinda given up.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#2 Posted: 15:52:47 29/10/2016
I've tried to find out, too. We got a little closer a couple years ago when I emailed one of the composers for the game, and she told me she used text from Ovid poems. Here's the topic that we first talked about it in. I'd be interested to know if you find anything else out.
---
You gotta believe!
MTaffyM Blue Sparx Gems: 608
#3 Posted: 04:00:02 12/07/2020
Hello madison-dwrd.

I am also curious about the Latin lyrics and discovered that you had asked all over, but didn’t have much. When I noticed that przemek double u was figuring out translations, I was very excited, and thought to send them to you, but I was waiting until I had rounded up all the translations from the internet. I noticed the other day that you have already seen their translations last month. I also found a possible English translation of one of the golem themes that plays in DotD, which I think was actually referring to the piece encountered earlier in ANB, Cynder Action; when translated back to Latin, it gives only some similarity, but still something.

I tried to line up lines from that Ovid poem that you said could be the basis of Cynder’s theme, and although my work is incomplete, would like to present to you what I have so far.

nec indideo sine?
me, me, liber, ibis

quod domino non
licet ire tuo

huius habe? x2?

nec te purpureo
vaccinia fuco
???????
???????

nec cedro charta notetur

???????
???????

O—

nec indideo sine?
me, me, liber ibis
---
Surrexit!
#4 Posted: 04:14:15 12/07/2020
Originally the “Domino non licet ire tuo” was thought for Cynder Boss, but I think some of that particular poem fits with Cynder Boss Convexity, which is what my above work was.
---
Surrexit!
#5 Posted: 17:56:19 16/02/2021
I emailed Becky Kneubuhl but she said that to her memory this section of Ovid’s Tristia was NOT used in any of the pieces.
---
Surrexit!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me