Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Sulphur Nimbus: Hel's Elixir - Third person flying adventure as a hippogriff
Page 1 of 1
Sulphur Nimbus: Hel's Elixir - Third person flying adventure as a hippogriff
Oddwarg Red Sparx Gems: 33
#1 Posted: 08:45:44 05/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Hi, I'm making a game called Sulphur Nimbus: Hel's Elixir. It's not intended to be a Spyro game in any way, but it's easy to draw some comparisons, especially given the flying mechanic. I've been thinking it might be of interest to Spyro fans.

The game shares traits with collect-a-thon platformers, as well as hack and slash games, but what makes it special is the momentum-based physics, which also apply to the flying part. So it's a game where you have to put in some work to stay afloat, but when you've mastered it you can go just about anywhere.

I released a demo a little over a week ago, which you can try out for yourself. I made a video announcing the demo here:

There's a direct dowload link here: http://oddwarg.com/Permanent/sulphurnimbusdemo.zip
And here's a video of me playing through the whole demo if you just want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ViwX8EUm0A

Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated!
[User Posted Image]
If you want to donate to the project but you're unsure how, you can send me a PM.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 08:53:34 05/10/2016
The character looks like it's modelled from a MLP Garrys Mod model.

Nevermind, it is.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:55:27 05/10/2016 by Aura24
#3 Posted: 10:36:45 05/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheJMAN184
It looks Interesting but that character design looks like it could get you in hot water with hasbo.

Yeah, I should have mentioned it used to be a pony game, and it still shows. However, I've removed anything that's related to Hasbro's trademarks or copyrights. I mean you can't copyright the character proportions so I have difficulty seeing what kind of case they could have against me.

Quote: Aura24
The character looks like it's modelled from a MLP Garrys Mod model.

Nevermind, it is.

Close, but not quite. It's remodeled from a different pony model that I made myself a few years back (I kept the rear part and the structure of the skeleton to avoid having to redo everything).

Thanks for the replies!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:37:10 05/10/2016 by Oddwarg
#4 Posted: 07:28:50 06/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheJMAN184
Played it last night and can say it's pretty alright from what I played. I like the fact there are alot of settings to play around with in the menus so you can tweak the game to one's liking and the fact the game for the most part keeped at 60fps. I'm not so sure what the goal is if there is any at this point and I found the flying mechanic to be a bit tricky to figure out but I can tell there has been alot of work put into this and I would chip in $5 if I wasn't flat broke at the moment. I'm interested to see where this goes.

Ah, the goals are explained to you by the question marks. Basically it's just about progressing through each of the 4 mountains in order. It's just a demo though, so there's not much of a conclusive ending or anything like that.

The flying is explained in a little more detail by the question mark after the first mountain. I know some people miss it, and it's not easy to figure out on your own.
[User Posted Image]

Anyway, I'm glad you found it to be interesting.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me