Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > A light in the darkness (sort of fantasy RP I think?) [OPENNNNN (lots of Ns)]
Page 1 of 1
A light in the darkness (sort of fantasy RP I think?) [OPENNNNN (lots of Ns)]
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#1 Posted: 00:21:25 05/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Darkness.

This word often brings to mind evil and despair. Though some argue that darkness is filled with its own beauty. Until it has become corrupted.

Shadows have become corrupted, and seek intelligent life. All who are attacked by the darkness are given a powerful ability, at the cost of their sanity. Those who have been corrupted, officially named Shadowmarked, fight those who have not, and they have driven them into large cities protected by the Lightspheres. Lightspheres were designed to keep the shadows at bay, but they grow weaker.

Thus the Lightmarked were created. Exposed to light under specific conditions, Lightmarked are gifted with power similar to the Shadowmarked, though the Lightmarked are not driven insane. They gain wisdom from this power. However, they lack the relentlessness of the Shadowmarked. They are immune to the shadows, casting light about them.

Locked in combat, neither side will give in. Light versus Dark, an endless battle.

Then are the Warriors of the Eclipse. Not much is known about them. They are neither light nor dark. They are a tribe of warriors with the wisdom of Lightmarked and relentlessness of Shadowmarked. Unlike these two, however, they have simply harnessed the magics of the earth: Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Lightning, Life, and Death. They can use one type of this magic, but only one each, save their leader, the Eclipsed. No one has seen the Eclipsed. His warriors simply step in to keep the balance between light and dark on occasion. They seem to be immune to the shadows' curse.

As the fighting grows more intense, the Lightspheres grow weaker, and cities are being converted to Shadowmarked or Lightmarked.

The world is in peril, and must be saved.

Rules:
-Normal RP rules
-You can have as many characters as you want
-Only I control any leaders of cities plus the Eclipsed
-Killing is allowed, but ask permission through PM before killing someone else's character
-Your characters can be Lightmarked, Shadowmarked, Warriors of the Eclipse, scientists trying to figure out the reason for the shadows' corruption, or one of various civilians in one of the remaining cities. If you're a citizen, you can become Lightmarked or Shadowmarked at some point.
-Put "darkness and light" in your character sheet

Name:
Power: (If applicable)
Element: (Only for Warriors of the Eclipse)
Weaponry: (Applicable for all roles. Can be anything from a knife to a lazer gun.)
Other: (anything you feel like you need to say that I didn't think on)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:27:16 08/10/2016 by FuryBeam136
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#2 Posted: 19:14:32 06/10/2016
I might join this
---
smilie
BettyTheSeraph Blue Sparx Gems: 684
#3 Posted: 13:05:12 08/10/2016
(Same here. It looks pretty interesting. It might become the more active version of Where Light and Dark Meet I'm guessing?)
---
"Last name Bleach, first name Drink. Like a failed abortion, drown it in the sink!"
-M3RKMUS1C, 2016.
Alydol Ripto Gems: 1330
#4 Posted: 01:59:18 20/10/2016
I like how you said "Fantasty" instead of "medieval"
#5 Posted: 18:02:25 20/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Alydol
I like how you said "Fantasty" instead of "medieval"

(That would be because it's not medieval...
Fantasy can be in the future if it wants to be)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#6 Posted: 02:14:46 23/10/2016
ooc: May I be my OC Icestorm?
---
SC
#7 Posted: 15:07:23 23/10/2016 | Topic Creator
(Sure
I did something similar to this a while ago, just with a lot less planned out, and nobody was human, so you can be whatever)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#8 Posted: 15:26:41 23/10/2016
Ooc: Sweet!

Name: Icestorm
Appearance: Fire red scales with yellow wing membranes and gold horns. His eyes are ice blue.
Role: Warrior of the Eclipse
Power: Telepathy
Element: Fire
Weaponry: He wears gold armor which covers his entire body and wings. He has claw extensions covering his front claws. They are as sharp as any weapon can get. His tail blade is sharpend to pearce any thick armor.
Other: He is rarely seen by anyone as he only comes out to sort out fights of the city and protects the city from the war along his fellow Warriors of the Eclipse. But even they rarely see him for he likes to keep watch over the city. He also has a pet phoenix which he calls Flare. darkness and light
---
SC
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:24:40 26/10/2016 by Spyroconvexity
#9 Posted: 15:47:03 23/10/2016 | Topic Creator
(I'm going to accept you, but I'd just like to make sure you did read the rules, because I did say to put something in your sheet somewhere. It's fine, I'm not too strict, just wanna make sure you read them.
And here's a couple of my characters, I might end up with more)

Name: Kitty
Appearance: A girl with bright blue hair. Has bright pink cat ears and a matching tail, though these are fake. Wears bright colours. Her eyes are forest green.
Role: Civilian (eventually Lightmarked)
Power: When she becomes Lightmarked, she will gain the ability to become any type of cat, though her eyes cannot change.
Element:
Weaponry: She always carries a pocketknife with her. Other than this, she can use a bow and arrows, she just doesn't own any.
Other: Can be a little extreme at times.

Name: The Eclipsed
Appearance: He can take any form, but tends to remain a large black dragon with blazing red eyes the colour of fire.
Power: Shapeshifting
Element: All of them (due to being the Eclipsed)
Weaponry: His shapeshifting allows him to form a weapon as a part of him, for example he could become a human with a knife for a hand or a cat with a knife on its tail. Other than this, he has been known to use a knife.
Other:

Name: Leligarm
Appearance: Tall and pale with eerie, unnatural bright green eyes and long black hair. She also has feathered black wings tipped with purple.
Role: Shadowmarked
Power: She can manipulate darkness and create illusions in the darkness, allowing her to trick people into doing things for her.
Element:
Weaponry: When forced into combat, she uses her claw-like nails to fight.
Other: While there is no real leader of the Shadowmarked, she's as close as there is.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#10 Posted: 21:35:36 23/10/2016
Name: Watersplash
Appearance: A blue cat-like creature with feathery wings. Watersplash is around the size of a bobcat.
Power: Can summon a ghost known as Splashingwater
Element: Death
Weaponry: Nothing except his claws.
Other: Darkness and Light
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#11 Posted: 07:32:51 24/10/2016
can I have a monster from monster hunter? but tame and speaks English? I will have a human along side it of course
---
smilie
#12 Posted: 20:46:40 24/10/2016 | Topic Creator
(Accepted
Sure thing, this is me and I'm not very strict at all so you could have some invisible mute ghost thing that just kinda spectators for all I care smilie)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#13 Posted: 20:59:00 24/10/2016
ooc: I made Icestorm have a pet phoenix.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:11 26/10/2016 by Spyroconvexity
#14 Posted: 21:05:44 24/10/2016
Name: Vin
Appearance: Blond hair swept back. blue eyes. purple shirt. jeans.
Role: warrior of the eclipse
Power: can wind
Element: wind
Weaponry: arrows, no bow
Other: enjoys tornadoes
---
smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:18 24/10/2016 by Shagaru Magala
#15 Posted: 21:34:31 24/10/2016
ooc: You cannot be Eclipse. You must be Shadowmarked, Lightmarked, or Warrior of the Eclipse.
---
SC
#16 Posted: 21:35:43 24/10/2016
it was just shorthand for that
---
smilie
#17 Posted: 20:13:33 26/10/2016 | Topic Creator
(Accepteddddd (lots of Ds now)
And thanks for that, sc, but it would've been fine. I honestly can see myself doing the same thing.
AHH I NEED MORE THAN WARRIORS OF THE EVLIPSE DERP)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
S2 Swap Force Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#18 Posted: 05:57:42 09/11/2016
Name: Jeremiah
Appearance: Bright blond hair, a white T-shirt under a bullet-proof vest and bright blue jeans
Role: Lightmarked
Power: Create almost indistructable force feilds
Element:
Weaponry: A sword and a pistol
Other: His dad was a scientist studying the shadows when his lab got attacked by the Shadowmarked. As a result he signed up to be a Lightmarked to help prevent stuff like that from happening again. Is also very protective of his little brother, Greg (light and darkness) (hope it's ok that I put it in reverse order lol)

Name: Greg
Appearance: Dark brown hair, a dark blue shirt and grey jeans
Role: Civilian (later Shadowmarked) (darkness and light)
Power: (when Shadowmarked) make an extremely powerful whip in his left hand which he can extend a long distance
Element:
Weaponry: Knife
Other: Normally stays by Jeremiah for protection
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:15:11 09/11/2016 by S2 Swap Force
#19 Posted: 16:22:27 09/11/2016 | Topic Creator
(Just gonna double check you read the rules... if you did I accept you.)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
S2 Swap Force Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#20 Posted: 17:18:09 09/11/2016
OOC: Sorry I forgot, but it's fixed now
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
#21 Posted: 19:14:41 09/11/2016 | Topic Creator
(Iss good. I don't mind too much, I assume you forget, but just in case I like to double check)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#22 Posted: 19:09:00 29/11/2016
Name: Eyphah Rama

Appearance: Eyphah is an aptly tall man, standing at an impressive 6'5" and weighing 201 lbs. The man is lithe and narrow in body shape, often standing in a proud stature with his back held straight. He wears clothing of a soft peach in colour, a leather-like armour that covers his upper body and only a small portion of his legs, though a portion of it extends below his waist, down to his knees. The clothing is trimmed in gold or black on a select few places. He wears two golden bands on each arm and a single, very thick golden band on each leg. His tall shoes, almost reaching his knees, are identical in colour to the peach of the rest of his attire. He has dull blue eyes, almost black in colour, and very, very short hair of a deep brown. On his head are two slicked forward pointed ears and just barely visible on his rear is a short, sharp tail. He is a black man, a colouration which is shared with his ears and tails as well. His very physical appearance embodies the visual perception of both darkness and light.

Role: Shadowmarked

Power: Can kick up thick sandstorms, though the sand is dark as night rather than it's usual colour. The sandstorms are not initially any more dangerous than that of a regular sandstorm, but can be incredibly disorienting and quite frightening to those who have never seen it. The sandstorms are not technically crafted of sand, but rather sand-like pellets of darkness. Lengthy exposure to the sandstorms can create feelings of dread, paranoia, and terror. These sandstorms can be quite large and last for a lengthy period of time, but he must remain close by in order to maintain the sandstorm.

Element: N/A

Weaponry: A bladed staff - a staff with a blade crafted into the side

Other: Given his obvious canine nature, he is prone to dog-like actions, such as moving or sitting on all fours, sniffing his surroundings, or using loud auditory sounds to communicate or get attention.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:55:05 29/11/2016 by Shadow-Cipher
#23 Posted: 00:29:45 30/11/2016 | Topic Creator
(Acceptedddd with lots more Ds because I don't know what to do with my free time.
Fill it with Ds, apparently)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#24 Posted: 00:53:11 30/11/2016
Guess who comes back tomorrow..? ;3
Thislooksreallyinterestingooooh
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#25 Posted: 00:39:44 01/12/2016 | Topic Creator
(SHADME
YOU ARE OF RETURN?
This is very exciting)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me