darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > First Look [Retailer Mess-Up] ((PROOF))
First | Previous | Page 7 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
First Look [Retailer Mess-Up] ((PROOF)) [CLOSED]
ShadowStorm Yellow Sparx Gems: 1461
#301 Posted: 19:51:10 29/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: henryszuch
Are the elemental realms really as big as levels? Are they worth buying one Sensei per element?

- - -

If you have not much to spend and would only do it because of the levels length, than I say.... hmm... well...
Levels don't seem to be as long as the story levels. but still in total there are 10 levels to play...
---
Discord: ShaOriDow#6720
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#302 Posted: 19:51:48 29/09/2016
Quote: ShadowStorm
nope nope and so far... nope.
Only thing you may use to get a little cash is the magic items,. which only give 200 to 250- each

Magic Items can be used within 24 hours from use I would assume? but since you've really only had it for a day you probably can't really answer it yet.
Hope someone finds the best way to make some cash fast in this game.
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#303 Posted: 19:52:28 29/09/2016
OK here, by pressing the Spoiler tag, you'll find a list of features or things I've found. this include some info about the M.A.P, as well as character information.
OPEN AT YOUR OWN COST

I mean it, are you seriously sure?

- Imaginators have a 30 character name limit.
- You can upgrade your skylander from anywhere now, by just accessing the manage page.
- There are no Winged Sapphires, so you have to grind cash to upgrade your bad boys.
- you can only take 20 in-game e-hum Selfies. before it starts complaining to delete one to add anther one.
- The M.A.P is holy mother huge, and it does contain some secrets.
- The Academy is small as heck.
- The Original TT music does play while being in the Academy.
- Mags is there, (DUH) Buzz and Flynn (Ultra DUHH) as well. Celi and Tessa haven't made a single appearance yet...
- Spyro is the only one who has a new voice.
- Chill Bill and Broccoli Guy give commentary while you are in the battle Arena.
- Hugo will reward you with one imaginite chest for bringing books to him.
- Replaying levels will reward you with new imaginite chests.
- During the Loading Screen, there are ads that try to get you to buy crystals.
---- Along with that is a "Platinum Chest" That yields 20 special items/weapons/ etc. Most likely something that can be Purchased from the so called "imaginite Vault"
- There are many 4th Wall Breaking sequences. When King Pen levels up, he'll say: "I'll accept this levelling up... From whoever just said that."
- When in the M.A.P your walking speed is doubled, to move quicker around the map.
- Surprise attacks (Ambushes) can happen while you are in the M.A.P. This doesn't count for the Academy.

Suprises, I love those surprises.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#304 Posted: 19:54:12 29/09/2016
How does the M.A.P. look? It it wide or linier? Does it offer a variety of enviornments not including the elemental realms?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#305 Posted: 19:54:51 29/09/2016 | Topic Creator
PS if anyone wants quicker answers to questions. on my profile you can find my skype name if preferred, makes things easier and you'll may get an answer faster.
Don't spam me tho smilie
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#306 Posted: 19:56:33 29/09/2016
PS if anyone wants quicker answers to questions. on my profile you can find my skype name if preferred, makes things easier and you'll may get an answer faster.
Don't spam me tho smilie

Man, I want to, but dont want to burden you >.<
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#307 Posted: 19:58:50 29/09/2016
nope nope and so far... nope.
Only thing you may use to get a little cash is the magic items,. which only give 200 to 250- each

Not money farming, money sink. Stuff to spend it on, I mean. Upgrades someday stop coming.

Nah, I'm fine with the current pace of info, it'd be boring to have everything at once.

Also, teeeny tiny selfish question which is totally fine if you don't want to answer. What's the color of Bad Juju's clothing(not tail) on the poster? The yellow lights make it hard to distinguish.
I might or might not be doing tons of fanart so I need the color reference.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#308 Posted: 19:59:32 29/09/2016 | Topic Creator
so far no shops. but there are still many locks out there, so we'll see.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#309 Posted: 20:00:02 29/09/2016
Quote: BOOMCAKE
OK here, by pressing the Spoiler tag, you'll find a list of features or things I've found. this include some info about the M.A.P, as well as character information.
OPEN AT YOUR OWN COST

I mean it, are you seriously sure?

- Imaginators have a 30 character name limit.
- You can upgrade your skylander from anywhere now, by just accessing the manage page.
- There are no Winged Sapphires, so you have to grind cash to upgrade your bad boys.
- you can only take 20 in-game e-hum Selfies. before it starts complaining to delete one to add anther one.
- The M.A.P is holy mother huge, and it does contain some secrets.
- The Academy is small as heck.
- The Original TT music does play while being in the Academy.
- Mags is there, (DUH) Buzz and Flynn (Ultra DUHH) as well. Celi and Tessa haven't made a single appearance yet...
- Spyro is the only one who has a new voice.
- Chill Bill and Broccoli Guy give commentary while you are in the battle Arena.
- Hugo will reward you with one imaginite chest for bringing books to him.
- Replaying levels will reward you with new imaginite chests.
- During the Loading Screen, there are ads that try to get you to buy crystals.
---- Along with that is a "Platinum Chest" That yields 20 special items/weapons/ etc. Most likely something that can be Purchased from the so called "imaginite Vault"
- There are many 4th Wall Breaking sequences. When King Pen levels up, he'll say: "I'll accept this levelling up... From whoever just said that."
- When in the M.A.P your walking speed is doubled, to move quicker around the map.
- Surprise attacks (Ambushes) can happen while you are in the M.A.P. This doesn't count for the Academy.

Suprises, I love those surprises.

OHHHHHH!!!
THE HYPE IS TOO REAL!!!!!
*explodes*
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#310 Posted: 20:02:38 29/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh dear... so much confetti now.
how the golden queen says at the start of a battle. "Neal before your queen. or explode into xp balls" smilie
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#311 Posted: 20:03:42 29/09/2016
<long spoiler>

I'm okay with pretty okay much everything you listed here, and heartily appreciate you doing so.
#312 Posted: 20:06:32 29/09/2016 | Topic Creator
smilie I saw what you did there "LONG SPOILER" haha.
also
first in-game selfie-screenshot to share. that lovely Punk Shock

[User Posted Image]

OH and they force you to do this.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:17:11 29/09/2016 by ShadowStorm
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#313 Posted: 20:39:55 29/09/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
Shadowstorm,

Is there a Collection Screen?

If so, does it show the # of Crystals?

# of Chests?

# of Skylanders (variants perhaps)?

ShadowStorm PMed me and confirmed 31 crystals. 3 of each element, except life which has 4.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#314 Posted: 20:43:19 29/09/2016
Are the fighting pbysics more similar to Swap Force or Trap Team? And does it feel like a complete gane to you? SuperChargers felt really lazy and incomplete to me, so this matters a lot.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#315 Posted: 20:47:14 29/09/2016
Actually spyro still has the same voice actor...it's just that he started doing Spyro's voice differently I don't know how to explain this lol
#316 Posted: 20:50:26 29/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Welll.... I cannot say game is complete because I got it before street date smilie.
but it looks polished enough to generally say that it is a complete finished game.
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#317 Posted: 20:57:47 29/09/2016
How does the M.A.P. speed boost work with Skylanders who already have a speed increasing ability? (Like Zap's slide, or Blast Zone's/Boom Jet's lower halves)

Speaking of which, if you or anyone else who has the game has him, is Stink Bomb's lower half stupid fast or actually ok?

What are the damage numbers like? Are they low like in Superchargers or too high like Trap Team?

Speaking of the difference between those two, do melee hits have a slight delay of a frame like in SC? I remember that made Short Cut and other fast melee characters trash.
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#318 Posted: 21:00:03 29/09/2016
So the figures do not even get a stat sticker anymore with their artwork???? Losing the cards was bad but nothing at all is even worse. Hope they are included but just not pictured.

And although it was known, shocked they reused that poor excuse for a portal. I'll be using my Trap Team Portal only.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#319 Posted: 21:00:24 29/09/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
Speaking of the difference between those two, do melee hits have a slight delay of a frame like in SC? I remember that made Short Cut and other fast melee characters trash.

Omg this. The way the characters froze on impact annoyed me so much.
---
i am trash
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:38 29/09/2016 by Takadox360
#320 Posted: 21:05:45 29/09/2016
Yeah whenever a melee character actually hit something, it'd cause a delay by like a frame, but in a game where fighting plays an important role, that makes all the difference.

I brought up Short Cut because he's the most obvious example of this. His Cutting Frenzy went from insanely powerful in Trap Team to literally a hit or two in one second. And with the damage decrease on all of the characters from before, it was the worst.

I looked up some of the more recent gameplay and it looks like that delay is absent. I could be wrong, I really only asked to be 100% sure of it
#321 Posted: 21:06:15 29/09/2016
"Freeze on impact" is called Hitstun, was really stupid on SC. Characters like Bash are unplayable with that no matter the path because the enemy isn't affected, and others like Nightfall are forced to go to a different path with ranged because it's the only way to deal consistent damage.

Another change since people are asking that we saw on gameplay is that spinning enemies are now affected by hazard moves, like Tae Kwon Crow's fire. Before it'd ignore the damage and do the block noise repeatedly but now they take hits as long as they're right in the middle of it. It's a nice change for sure, though it doesn't help many characters.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:08:26 29/09/2016 by Bifrost
#322 Posted: 21:12:10 29/09/2016
Oh yeah I noticed that too. It also kind of looks like they can take ranged damage while spinning where they used to be invincible. I think it'd probably make it easier to deal with them.

Does anyone remember those spinning Evilikin in Wilikin Workshop? Those were the worst. So much damage and barely any time in between to actually hit them.

Speaking of, (something I've said far too much in my posts) how do enemies here compare to older enemies? Obviously we have some returning enemies, but I mean in terms of diversity. I really liked the snipers in Land of the Undead and I'm glad to know they're back
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#323 Posted: 21:27:52 29/09/2016
Skipped past the character spoilers but I read the M.A.P ones:
How are the ads? Are they like the ones in superchargers or are they "BUY A CRYSTAL NOW" levels of obvious?

Also...
Walking speed doubled?! YES, THANK YOU TOYS FOR BOB FOR FINALLY MAKING NON-SLOW CHARACTERS!!! This eliminates my one concern about the M.A.P! Also, RANDOM ambushes? Now THAT'S what I call replay value.

The game sounds amazing so far, despite having a few flaws. I can't wait to get it now!
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#324 Posted: 21:29:28 29/09/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
How are the ads? Are they like the ones in superchargers or are they "BUY A CRYSTAL NOW" levels of obvious?

Also...
Walking speed doubled?! YES, THANK YOU TOYS FOR BOB FOR FINALLY MAKING NON-SLOW CHARACTERS!!! This eliminates my one concern about the M.A.P! Also, RANDOM ambushes? Now THAT'S what I call replay value.

The game sounds amazing so far, despite having a few flaws. I can't wait to get it now!

You want to know what else I call replay value

New chests every time you play a level, even if you already beat it.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#325 Posted: 21:31:55 29/09/2016
^ that's definately replay value to me . Finally a functional reward other then money and experience
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#326 Posted: 21:36:23 29/09/2016
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Also...

I kind of already assumed that would be the case, but still hyped for it nonetheless!
#327 Posted: 21:49:23 29/09/2016
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

I kind of already assumed that would be the case, but still hyped for it nonetheless!

Indeed, that was pretty easily inferred from watching the E3 videos... and
the fact that the chests spit out random items for different players
... but it's nice to have it confirmed.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#328 Posted: 22:39:28 29/09/2016
Okay, I've actually got a question regarding the Skylanders collection menu, if there is one...
Does it list any variants? I mean, aside from the ones we already absolutely know about like the Darks and Legendaries.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:47 29/09/2016 by AdamGregory03
thatmovieguy Green Sparx Gems: 424
#329 Posted: 23:20:45 29/09/2016
Hey, I'm coming from the Skylanders subreddit. I hate to keep asking this, but what are the Adventures described in the achievement list? Also, if you've reached the endgame, what is Kaos' final boss like. Finally, Imaginators level cap- how far can you level up your Skylanders initially? Thanks if you can answer these.
---
You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!
-- The Tick
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#330 Posted: 23:23:05 29/09/2016
Hope this isn't a spoiler for anyone but, speed boost in the M.A.P.?
You mean like in LEGO games where your characters start running after walking for a short amount of time in the overworld...?

Oh yes, YES.
This is perfect, and I'll take it as a hint towards the vastity of it.

I'm curious though, do Skylanders have a different animation when affected by that boost or do they simply walk faster like they would do with hats?
Man, between this new information and all those spoiler I won't touch the hype is becoming almost unbearable. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Zekrom Prime Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#331 Posted: 23:26:15 29/09/2016
If anyone wants to talk about nerfed characters there is a forum
CakeMc Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#332 Posted: 23:26:22 29/09/2016
Quote: thatmovieguy
Hey, I'm coming from the Skylanders subreddit. I hate to keep asking this, but what are the Adventures described in the achievement list? Also, if you've reached the endgame, what is Kaos' final boss like. Finally, Imaginators level cap- how far can you level up your Skylanders initially? Thanks if you can answer these.

I can answer your last question. The Cap without any senseis is 15
---
Kaos - The Master Of All Battle Classes
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#333 Posted: 23:41:15 29/09/2016
If ONLY there was a... convenient video hosting site, where SOMEONE could, say, post all the Soul Gem videos?

Please?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#334 Posted: 23:44:31 29/09/2016
I think Soul Gem videos (even in bad quality) is something we'd all be perfectly fine with having to tide us out until release. Make it a series of Vines or maybe even mute (though actually not a bad idea seeing as how we dont really need the music) so that we may all watch.

Si vous plait? Please? Por favor? I doubt anyone wants the strikes so Id be ok with descriptions of attacks instead of the videos themselves
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#335 Posted: 00:08:50 30/09/2016
Meet the Sylanders and Sensei Shrines please???
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#336 Posted: 00:21:26 30/09/2016
Are there checkpoints that you can start from like in Swap Force and Superchargers?
#337 Posted: 00:32:43 30/09/2016
Look, Shadowstorm I know you have access to all the meet the skylanders, I get it if you don't want to post the videos but could you at the very least pm character attacks to this who want to know?!?!? I'm begging you
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#338 Posted: 00:33:34 30/09/2016
What's the name of Boom Bloom's adventure pack?
Zekrom Prime Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#339 Posted: 00:34:16 30/09/2016
Quote: sprocketrocket
Look, Shadowstorm I know you have access to all the meet the skylanders, I get it if you don't want to post the videos but could you at the very least pm character attacks to this who want to know?!?!? I'm begging you

Yeah all I want blaster tron
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#340 Posted: 00:46:31 30/09/2016
I just want more pic from Sensei shrines and Soul Gems! Anything else would be cool too! Like Attacks, Variants
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
#341 Posted: 01:18:26 30/09/2016
GUYS, QUIT ASKING THEM TO POST VIDEO.

Because the game has not launched yet, posting any video would open the people who got the game early to litigation. Right now, they are not at fault (the distributor who sent the game out early is entirely to blame)... but posting video would change that.
#342 Posted: 01:20:34 30/09/2016
Yup, and considering the community devs looked at this and didn't do anything, they're ok with it for now. Don't push our luck.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:57 30/09/2016 by Bifrost
#343 Posted: 01:30:10 30/09/2016
I'm not asking for a video, I'm just asking for descriptions of their attacks
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#344 Posted: 01:32:02 30/09/2016
There's really nothing to go off of from blurry pictures, even descriptions would be better.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#345 Posted: 01:57:28 30/09/2016
I just thought of a kind of important but also irrelevant question. Is the camera controllable on the M.A.P?
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#346 Posted: 05:25:22 30/09/2016
So can the retailers screw up and send me my copy of Pokemon Sun that I pre-ordered back in May, early?
Cause that would be great.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#347 Posted: 05:47:44 30/09/2016
well
if cali and tessa are not there then i guess the only thing to do is...

use my imagnithion.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:48:17 30/09/2016 by omer1698
#348 Posted: 07:51:07 30/09/2016 | Topic Creator
It makes me happy and smile to see so much of you guys enjoying the content that has been shown. I haven't seen many Skype calls in the last 2 days. I've shared some gameplay I've allowed people to take in game pictures. With all the information that has been given I think that it is time to start breaking off and cool it down. It is best to keep at least a few things a secret. No of course I will still answer people's questions in private messages. But to know that I do not wish to be overwhelmed with questions because it has happened already. I do enjoy people asking questions so don't mind if you really want to ask me anything. I am just happy to share what I have experienced to give me honest opinion about the game so far. From the reactions on the Skype group that I was in yesterday. I can rest assure you that the game is well received by a lot of people. People are saying that it is way better than superchargers and that it is one of the best game so far off Skylanders. Even though I think Swap Force was the best. But anyways thank you everyone.
---
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#349 Posted: 07:53:53 30/09/2016
thenk you shadowstorm for shuring with us all this info. and i hope you enjoy the game.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
First | Previous | Page 7 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me