Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 74 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#3651 Posted: 03:52:43 06/12/2019
Quote: ShadowMewX
It's been hard for me to have online friendships ever since escaping a really toxic one a few years ago. I know not everyone on the Internet is toxic, and I've made some really great friends I still chat with to this day, but a part of me is still afraid about what people could possibly be hiding behind that screen. That friendship really ruined me- seeing I have new messages gives me anxiety, even if it's just someone wishing me happy birthday or complimenting my avi or something. Also, ever since coming to college, I've been trying to cultivate irl relationships because it's easier for me to read people face-to-face, and I've been an Internet loner for so long that I'm excited to be able to finally connect with people around me.

also solidarity
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#3652 Posted: 07:13:59 10/12/2019
as a middle class asian i listen to a lot of soundcloud rappers
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#3653 Posted: 07:34:15 11/12/2019
general grievous can get it
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#3654 Posted: 10:15:01 11/12/2019
Reignited Hunter looks like a Skylanders reject.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3655 Posted: 01:03:56 12/12/2019
Quote: Ice Dragoness

My boy Hunter had the 20 year glo down locked down
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3656 Posted: 03:40:05 19/12/2019
God I just made in impulse purchase of $225 ... I am not usually like this asdhkl;hddgjl
Ah well, it's the end of the year, gotta treat yo self I suppose
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#3657 Posted: 00:05:38 22/12/2019
I'm really alone. I don't feel like I have many people. Maybe I'm just selfish but I want more. I mask my pain with comedy, by making others happy, but it's not enough today. I just feel so empty.
#3658 Posted: 22:25:15 30/12/2019
I think I have realised that I have a thing for fictional girls with pointy ears. Huh.
---
I draw stuff.
#3659 Posted: 22:35:31 30/12/2019
with all due respect to all parties involved, iamextremelyfascinatedbychristinechanlore
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#3660 Posted: 02:15:45 31/12/2019
Quote: Bolt
I think I have realised that I have a thing for fictional girls with pointy ears. Huh.

[User Posted Image]

can't get much pointier smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#3661 Posted: 12:32:28 31/12/2019
Many times I'm in a store and can't find what I'm looking for, but instead of asking someone for help, I wander around forever because I don't want to have to talk to someone I don't know.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3662 Posted: 19:57:28 01/01/2020
I think my political views are getting close to a mild form of anarchism
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3663 Posted: 20:59:23 27/01/2020
I can’t tell when ppl are legit making fun of me or just teasing and i hate it
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#3664 Posted: 00:18:54 31/01/2020
tall, old men wearing checkered blue shirts make me uncomfortable. i try not to be super judgemental about strangers, but these kind of people are hard for me to be neutral about.

i'll get over it with time
---
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#3665 Posted: 01:23:09 06/02/2020
Quote: Ice Dragoness

i'm gonna eat your feet
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#3666 Posted: 05:10:15 12/02/2020
the rules for the tastefully offensive channel on the dS server kinda make me uncomfy. yeah, that’s the point, whatever, but the a-ok about images being “politically-incorrect” and racist in nature....ehhh. i saw the planet of the apes meme and i was outtie 5000.

i don’t think i’ll be staying much longer anyway though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:10:53 12/02/2020 by BlueFox
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3667 Posted: 13:49:29 12/02/2020
Quote: BlueFox
the rules for the tastefully offensive channel on the dS server kinda make me uncomfy. yeah, that’s the point, whatever, but the a-ok about images being “politically-incorrect” and racist in nature....ehhh. i saw the planet of the apes meme and i was outtie 5000.

i don’t think i’ll be staying much longer anyway though.

It's best to bring it up with the mods regardless. There's tasteful and there's actually racist, so if you feel like it's crossing the line, then there's no harm in at least checking if it really should be that way.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3668 Posted: 03:27:44 13/02/2020
i...
i didn't even know we had a "tastefully offensive" channel

i agree with bifrost
---
#3669 Posted: 13:52:23 13/02/2020
We do, but it's for stuff like, say, a 9/11 meme that's not demeaning anyone in particular but is still a pretty sensitive topic. I'm not sure if what BlueFox said is quite allowed, but again, ask the mods.
---
#3670 Posted: 18:04:35 13/02/2020
Oh, I don’t have the role anymore. When I said I was probably leaving soon, I meant the server. I’m only voicing my concern because it was weighing on my conscience. Like, to continue interacting in chat knowing there’s some skeevy stuff going on.

I know—don’t like, don’t read.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:06:44 13/02/2020 by BlueFox
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#3671 Posted: 18:49:45 13/02/2020
with our efforts the tastefully offensive channel has successfully revived black slavery and forced ten thousand autistic children into old-timey mental wards
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#3672 Posted: 19:26:44 13/02/2020
Oh, I don’t have the role anymore. When I said I was probably leaving soon, I meant the server. I’m only voicing my concern because it was weighing on my conscience. Like, to continue interacting in chat knowing there’s some skeevy stuff going on.

I know—don’t like, don’t read.

If you have a personal issue with how the server is run, please PM anyone in the mod team to express all of your concerns. We'd hate to see you go because you feel uncomfortable in the server.

I totally understand your concerns when it comes to the tastefully-offensive channel. The channel was made to put, as Bifrost explained, memes that made humor out of more sensitive topics that wouldn't belong in the general channels. This is why it's considered an 18+ channel, however, our policy about jokes that are hateful in nature still apply.

While this server is three years old, we're still learning and trying to figure out how we can moderate the 18+ channels where it doesn't feel restrictive but it doesn't cross the line either. We've been focusing on the nsfw channel since the rules there were previously very vague and we've had many "crossing the line" moments there, but because no one has approached us about the tastefully offensive channels, it has flown under the radar. We're human and we don't catch everything, especially in a channel as active as that one.

However, I will speak for myself and say that it's partially my fault that this has happened since I don't really check the tastefully offensive channel at all. Mostly because it isn't my sense of humor, but as a mod, I should have kept a watchful eye anyway and made sure nothing crossed a line. I apologize for that, and I will do a better job in the future.

Despite that, I still urge you to voice any concerns that you have with us. It's fine that you posted in this topic, but I'd hate to see you go over something that we can help you with. However, if your mind is made up, I understand.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#3673 Posted: 22:38:31 13/02/2020
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
snip

I should’ve PM’d, yeah, but I was honestly afraid to and kinda feel guilty about bringing it up in the first place. I don’t want to come across as a pissbaby. It’s alright, you’re a human being, and you can’t be around to check everything.

I didn’t feel like I was contributing much to conversations anyway, not without being cringe incarnate lol.
---
#3674 Posted: 22:40:38 13/02/2020
C'mon, just like in here, you always contribute and we have fun. People make mistakes, people get TMI, it's all normal and valid, and we appreciate your presence there. But if you don't feel good there, that's okay too.
---
#3675 Posted: 23:47:57 13/02/2020
tastefully offensive has jokes that aren't allowed because of being "too insensitive" for the people of the server lol
#3676 Posted: 00:29:53 14/02/2020
Yes, you brought up the description of the channel sP, what's your point on certain things that are past insensitive and straight into not tasteful
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3677 Posted: 20:31:08 16/02/2020
I will be the first to admit I really like the channel, but the mods gotta do what they gotta do. It's not like I don't have other places on the internet to go if I wanna see this kind of humor.
---
Bruh
#3678 Posted: 02:31:51 17/02/2020
Quote: somePerson
tastefully offensive has jokes that aren't allowed because of being "too insensitive" for the people of the server lol

There's insensitive and then there's outright racist.
I'm like Erica and I don't frequent that specific channel as much just because life is busy and I can only check so much in between the site and the server and things I gotta do irl ... but yeah I personally don't tolerate racism, and while I didn't see the meme I can ****ing understand why BlueFox would be made incredibly uncomfortable. :T
It's called tastefully offensive for a reason.
---
I draw stuff.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3679 Posted: 02:58:35 17/02/2020

I'm like Erica and I don't frequent that specific channel as much just because life is busy and I can only check so much in between the site and the server and things I gotta do irl ... but yeah I personally don't tolerate racism, and while I didn't see the meme I can ****ing understand why BlueFox would be made incredibly uncomfortable. :T

While I understand why it's called Tastefully Offensive and its purpose, I do think it'd be wise to ban racist memes because, at times, they're originally made with malicious intent. Offensive humor in regards to race isn't something I ever really enjoyed (Nor am I close to good at it when I try.), and seeing how Flyingseal, Bluefox, and Bolt (And presumably others) feel the same way, I do think that considering banning offensive jokes geared towards race should be banned.

Besides, from what I can remember, race jokes aren't too common on TO anyway, so their absence won't make much of a difference in activity in the channel.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3680 Posted: 03:02:18 17/02/2020

its not racist jokes im talking about lol
#3681 Posted: 03:54:38 17/02/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'm not in the server anymore myself, though it does strike me as a tad odd that people are only complaining about this now after all this time when considering that the channel in question has been like this since its inception. (IIRC?)

Not saying that anyone would be wrong for feeling uncomfortable depending on what exactly had occurred, mind you.
It's just hard for me to not to be confused because of both the above point in my first sentence, and because of said lack of insight as to what happened in this situation in particular.

I'd only been in the server for a few months so it was a surprise to me, although the general rules did have a warning. The image in particular was something along the lines of "when people say black panther had the first all-black cast" and lo and behold there was Caesar the ape. :/

What with the history of us being compared to monkeys, I wasn't too amused.
---
#3682 Posted: 14:10:38 17/02/2020
Tastefully Offensive was added along with the other server role channels like Politics and game-specific stuff. BlueFox has been a welcome sight on both the forum and the server, even if he's newer than most of us here!
---
#3683 Posted: 15:54:13 17/02/2020
BLUEFOX IS A GIRL, BIFROST!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3684 Posted: 16:11:14 17/02/2020
Sorry, my bad.
---
#3685 Posted: 16:39:07 17/02/2020
It’s all good. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside to hear that I’m welcome. :)

Here’s an attempt to get off this subject: as much as I hate the term, I do think the CalArts style is real, and I’m pretty tired of seeing those big eyes and bean mouths. There’s minimalism and then there’s that. It’s just so overused.
---
#3686 Posted: 20:27:16 17/02/2020

its not racist jokes im talking about lol

(i wasn't going off at you i was just on my soapbox again lmao sorry man, i was just going off your post)
But yeah all that said, I'd say I'm like you and think that people need to stop being so sensitive about every little thing x)
Damn vegans
---
I draw stuff.
#3687 Posted: 23:29:16 17/02/2020
confession: i'm scared of existing
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#3688 Posted: 04:07:46 25/02/2020
Okay so confession, pretty much most if not all of my OCs are just....fanchildren. Like actually. If I talk about them with you and the stories I imagine for them, there is nothing that really indicates that they belong to a certain franchise or that they're even based off of a certain character. But they are.

When I was younger I would shamefully write a bunch of fanfics featuring my made-up children of my favorite characters, and then those children would interact with OTHER fanchildren either from the same franchise or a different franchise. I would just use the logic of one setting in order to excuse the reason why two non-canon characters from two different franchises would interact.

But the reason why I say shamefully is because after a really bad encounter of someone absolutely ragging this concept and one of my stories on their fanfiction review blog, anytime I'd share an OC to a friend or even just to post online in an RP or thread or something, I would literally change their entire backstory while trying to keep the main elements of who they are. This habit slowly turned into like...a method to create characters??? I literally still use it to this day, even though I'm not really interested in writing fanfic anymore or even being a part of fandom culture.

It's really fun too, because I use my favorite characters or characters that I'd think would have an interest parent dynamic with the kid (like sometimes, I just use characters who would be TERRIBLE parents because that would make a cool backstory for the kid). That sort of helps get me more invested in the OC's story and personality, I care for them more emotionally. Then I would ask myself "okay, what sort of personality/hobby/aspect of this character would this kid have?" and then I'd develop that to a point where that personality/hobby/aspect is theirs rather than the parent character.
Then anything from that character's universe, such as a use of magic or time travel shenanigans, is either incorporated into my OC or mutated in a way that's either original or more logical and realistic. Say the character I'm making a fankid for is an alien - well, would their kid be an alien too? Would it be half alien, half human? Once I figure that out, then I ask if I should keep my new OC as an alien, or should I change their race into something else. Maybe something from high fantasy, like an orc or an elf? Or maybe keep it more grounded in reality?

It's a fun, great starting point for a creating an OC. I highly recommend it if you've never created an OC like this because it's...very self indulgent, but it also makes use of your creativity to find a way to make it your own and unique.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#3689 Posted: 21:47:37 25/02/2020
^ that's how a lot of mine started, honestly.
My grungy cyberpunk anthro dragons (that I'm still slowly making an animated pilot for LMAO) started as Spyro fanchildren. And my flower cats who you'd think would have started as warriors fan characters started as cat versions of characters from ****ing Sally Bollywood. I'm now turning these cats into sculptures that are going to be exhibited at an art gallery in April!!
---
I draw stuff.
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3690 Posted: 00:17:00 26/02/2020
I can be easily addicted to what I like unhealthily.
#3691 Posted: 01:58:07 28/02/2020
So I've gotten used to Sonic's conjoined eye situation. I've come to appreciate it, knowing that he's essentially if anime and rubberhose aesthetics had a baby. Still trying to work around the whole side mouth thing, but it doesn't creep me out as much as Ty's does. In general, I prefer Skelly's and Stanley's newer designs for the series. (i.e, the Pronghorn Sisters, Whisper, Tangle, etc.)

HOWEVER...

I like blue arms. I just think they're neat.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:03:23 28/02/2020 by BlueFox
#3692 Posted: 02:55:24 28/02/2020
So I've gotten used to Sonic's conjoined eye situation. I've come to appreciate it, knowing that he's essentially if anime and rubberhose aesthetics had a baby. Still trying to work around the whole side mouth thing, but it doesn't creep me out as much as Ty's does. In general, I prefer Skelly's and Stanley's newer designs for the series. (i.e, the Pronghorn Sisters, Whisper, Tangle, etc.)

HOWEVER...

I like blue arms. I just think they're neat.

Movie Sonic is the best Sonic design ever, outside of Classic Sonic.
---
#3693 Posted: 06:46:09 28/02/2020
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
sanic

Movie Sonic is the best Sonic design ever, outside of Classic Sonic.

sonic wachowski: baby. baby boy.
classic sonic: chaotic lil’ devil, up to no good
sonic the hedgehog: is slowly succumbing to a metal virus and looks good while doing it, rocked those cleats as a werehog
boom sonic: fashion icon, absolutely brutal dialogue. also leggies.
---
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#3694 Posted: 17:06:11 05/03/2020
Quote: Drawdler
It's been bothering me more and more and I just don't care right now.

And this kind of post goes against my point anyways but oh well.

It really upset me and feels unfair/hypocritical how people here remember my angrier posts during hard times and about dumb **** and seem to forget how much I did try to post positive and how much I did uncover for Skylanders specifically.
Does anyone remember that time I stayed up until 2 AM to post screenshots of that leaked Imaginators footage? Very recently even looking through the game files and posting those discoveries. Tried a little to compile info others didn't. Posted TONS for SG/SF/TT, a lot of the news people posted here, I originally posted on Ghostroaster. (****, the "everything we know" and "general discussion" ideas came from me, doing that on Ghostroaster. Also recall many contributions I made on my first couple of accounts.) Raved about some of those games and aspects I did like (and Skylanders wasn't the only thing I posted about liking either). Or some more recent threads I tried that were less serious. Posted a lot of mechanical details I figured out and gameplay ideas and ****. I did a lot of good with that kinda stuff.

And nobody really spoke to me about stuff that did bother them about me. Over all these years. All my requests. I really had a little hope that people here still would but I see this place just has the same traits I hated about it as always and that won't ever change.
Despite that- and despite a lot, a lot of personal ****, baggage, my own faults, my bias against this place, dragging me down- I tried to change a bit, I tried not to be constantly pessimistic or pissy here, I tried to post some better stuff, I continued to post some of the good old stuff I used to. I wanted some help, wanted some company, but oh well, can't hold that against anyone, but I really have been stuck in **** what feels like constantly, and really tried, and I feel ****ed. I definitely didn't do the best job, and again even now I'm going against my point, and I'd make posts being positive about one but feeling like criticism toward something else in the same post as trying to put it down, like i.e. even when I'm praising something there's still negativity, but I ****ing tried not to be a "whiner" as apparently some people have called me.

I truly feel like people here came to hate me and the kind of positive stuff I posted so much of over the years, discovered, and put lots of work in had been really forgotten. I feel like even people who spoke right to me disliked me more than they let on.

I wonder if I felt more welcome here earlier largely because I fit in the Skylanders community better and did a lot more for it and ****, Spyro's the actual thing again and I don't really like it and went too far sometimes.

I deserved more respect. Look back and see how much I really posted for Skylanders in particular, but more than that. So much ****posting, LoS-era topics, even certain friends I did make here and tried to help. And I really have mental issues, and I don't expect people to understand, but I admitted it so often, I asked for talks, and I never got that. Instead, gossip. I hate your gossip bull****. Late last year people would come up to me I swear every week with some gossip and sometimes it was about people I didn't even recognise by name. I had low expectations but the more this set in over the last couple of weeks the more disappointed I became. I'm not even angry, but **** this website.

Not that my opinion ever matters to anyone, but honestly, you're on of the few users on her I actually like. Though we haven't spoken much, you seem like a cool person who can actually post things that aren't trend topics or pointless nonsense, which seems to be how the majority of users are. I don't blame you for getting fed up honestly. The community here has become toxic and drives all the good users away.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3695 Posted: 21:07:41 10/03/2020
I hate it when outside people get involved with situations that are inside a closed group of people. It's honestly none of your business.

If you've been close to someone for a long period of time but something happens and you just throw them away like they're nothing then I'm sorry but you're a very ****ty friend.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:29:59 11/03/2020 by willspyro
#3696 Posted: 03:32:58 11/03/2020
no one should be forced to be friends with toxic people, no matter how long you've known them. 2020 is the year we start loving ourselves enough to kick toxic creeps out of our lives and treat our good friends well.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
First | Previous | Page 74 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me