Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 71 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3501 Posted: 21:46:19 07/07/2019
Quote: somePerson
Quote: Vespi
Quote: somePerson

i never said anything about not letting others enjoy things. the world doesnt revolve around you. im poking fun at people who think they know everything about movies not you specifically.

i never said it was anything about me specifically. dont jump to conclusions
if thats what people wanna watch, fine, let them watch that and give their own opinions on whatever the hell they wanna watch, be it big blockbuster things or artsy cinema
their opinion literally does not effect you in any way, so why even bother. humor it and move on with your life.

i knew you would reply with "i know youre not talking about me" yet you still replied to my post just to put yourself on a soapbox because you share traits to what im describing. i am literally humoring the topic in my post, im not saying "oh man people saying the spy who dumped me is the best movie ever sure are ruining my day."

no i put myself up on a soapbox because youre an asshole and im tired of you being an asshole, i dont care who its to, on this site or off
it takes literally no effort to just ignore this kind of stuff. if you wanted to humor it, then how about phrasing it in a light that doesnt make you sound like a total douche? or if you wanted it to stay as some sort of vent, then why not just put it in personal thoughts and move on with your life, thats literally what PT is there for
#3502 Posted: 21:51:39 07/07/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Bolt
I mean, if people are upset with the direction of the Mulan remake .... the original ..... will always be there ............

I'm half-disappointed and half-happy with it, honestly. Happy with it because conceptually it's neat, disappointed with it because it would've honestly made more sense if another studio had done it and not Disney.

same
ill miss the singing and mushu a lot but if i care that much ill just go watch the original
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#3503 Posted: 21:54:51 07/07/2019
Quote: Bolt
I mean, if people are upset with the direction of the Mulan remake .... the original ..... will always be there ............

i think the trailer looks good. (although thats not really valid to say because its their job to do that) its not trying to be the original from the looks of it which is what people complain about most about these live action remakes. weird how people are saying that this movie isnt original when the original movie wasnt either
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3504 Posted: 22:10:46 07/07/2019
Yeah, I mean, the first "original" Disney film was TLK ... which we all know is a complete rip off of Kimba. (:
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#3505 Posted: 22:49:11 07/07/2019
I just watched the trailer, and I really dig it.

While I've been honestly hating how Disney has been producing these remakes more than original features, I'd really love to see an action film about Mulan. If that's what it is, that's DOPE.

But I'm also afraid about what Disney will do to it, going back to Sess' point. The trailer makes it look really serious and action packed, but this is a Disney film...who knows what kind of things they'll cram in there to make it less serious
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#3506 Posted: 23:22:03 07/07/2019
To me, I think I've surpassed the point of caring about these remakes. I'm not even interested in Disney, or most films anymore at this point. I feel like the industry is saturated with the same things, things I'm personally not interested it. And that's okay, it doesn't bother me! I just won't watch them. I find my own things that I'm interested in and focus on them, instead of the things I dont like.

Though one thing that does bother me a little about the Mulan remake is the fact that they said they'd include Mushu ... but now they admitted they replaced him with a phoenix. I wouldn't care if they said that Mushu wasn't going to be in it in the first place, but freaking didney lied.
---
I draw stuff.
Thomas OMalley Blue Sparx Gems: 598
#3507 Posted: 05:53:52 08/07/2019
Aristocats remake when.
---
Ev'ry body wants to be a cat ~
#3508 Posted: 07:53:05 08/07/2019
Quote: Thomas OMalley
Aristocats remake when.

ITS REAL BABEY
A friend shared this on the ol FB earlierz.
---
I draw stuff.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#3509 Posted: 03:05:00 09/07/2019
I too was upset about the Mulan remake, however I did some research (by that i mean scrolling through my twitter feed) and found out that apparently Mulan was pretty culturally insensitive to the Chinese people and that they hated it due to it being “an American movie with Chinese decorations” the original ballad of Mulan didn’t have a love story or Mushu. Due to China being one of the biggest movie revenue places in the world, Disney obviously wants to make money there so they changed it to be more in line with the original tale and more culturally appropriate, which i can appreciate. But they also hated the songs except for Reflection so ://///
---
Gay 4 GARcher
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#3510 Posted: 14:39:05 10/07/2019
I talked about this on discord awhile back, but I thought it would be worth sharing here too:

These remakes don't replace the originals in any way. That much everyone has gathered. But at the end of the day, they're still filmmakers incredibly passionate about the original stories and wanting to give their own unique angle to view the original from.

If anything, this enhances the original films. They were always classics, but people putting a new spin on these versions specifically means they've been cemented as timeless.

Granted, I can totally understand and even get behind some of the complaints behind them, like this trend being such a huge bandwagon, Ariel being black not making sense in context of the original Disney film, the little expression and emoting in TLK, the concerns about Will Smith as Genie, the Mulan remake being anything except a remake of the original film, Disney trying to make as much money as possible, etc. But if they aren't your thing, the originals are still there.

That being said I wish people would just let these remakes exist and stop getting so vocal about how bad they are compared to the original films. TLK in particular really irks me because I've never really been a huge fan of the original film but the new version looks like something I can get behind. But people are more focused on how it has "little expression compared to the animation" even though it's being marketed as a realistic take and what I think people SHOULD be focused on is how much of a technical feat the new version is. Regardless of the movie's quality this new version shouldn't be overlooked because it's gonna be a landmark film for visual effects the same way Jaws, Jurassic Park, and Avatar were in their times. If that isn't a cool and unique take to the original I don't know what is.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:24 10/07/2019 by pankakesparx456
#3511 Posted: 07:39:02 11/07/2019
... I miss King Pen
---
I draw stuff.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#3512 Posted: 03:17:34 13/07/2019
I have a horrible phobia of roller coasters.
---
Cool cool.
#3513 Posted: 19:59:51 14/07/2019
some of my posts are serious and some are bait
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#3514 Posted: 10:50:24 17/07/2019
I drove high once, back in high school.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3515 Posted: 02:48:42 22/07/2019
I dislike clingy people
#3516 Posted: 19:06:10 27/07/2019
People on this site can be a tad "overly sensitive" (For a lack of a better term) in my eyes. :/

To be fair, that's the internet in general. ><;
---
I draw stuff.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3517 Posted: 19:14:17 27/07/2019
I wasn't 100% satisfied with my haircut today but I pretended I was when the stylist asked.
#3518 Posted: 20:39:10 27/07/2019
SAME.
But I find after a week I'm generally happy with it.
---
I draw stuff.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3519 Posted: 01:56:45 29/07/2019
I'm admittedly a sadomasochist to an extent.

[User Posted Image]
------
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3520 Posted: 02:47:48 29/07/2019
I just ate a whole pizza.
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#3521 Posted: 02:49:23 01/08/2019
alright fine.

I used to like dragon ball evolution.
#3522 Posted: 03:21:58 01/08/2019
Quote: Grizzle
alright fine.

go to church please so you can remove this mortal sin from your body
#3523 Posted: 03:46:28 01/08/2019
Quote: Grizzle
alright fine.

I MUST HAVE FAITH IN WHO I AM
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7168
#3524 Posted: 03:50:34 01/08/2019
I am really upset about my school payments and financial aid right now
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#3525 Posted: 02:18:48 03/08/2019
I sometimes wish I could handle more heat to my food, if I even sniff a Jalapeno I start sweating/tearing up. I want to eat my Pad Khao and it's so good but i'm crying as I eat it because it's so spicy and i'm dying.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#3526 Posted: 00:36:24 05/08/2019
I have a big thing for certain accents and languages, and my friends and loved ones have realised this and are now like... using that against me. Speaking french and german around me, and using scottish/irish accents when they know I am in listening range. Turns out it's now extending to written because I just got really flustered READING that a character was using one of the accents that gets me.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#3527 Posted: 00:50:32 16/08/2019
Whenever I pick random in Smash Bros and get Marth, I start off by pressing grab and saying “why haven’t I won yet?”
---
Soon.
#3528 Posted: 20:09:06 16/08/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Whenever I pick random in Smash Bros and get Marth, I start off by pressing grab and saying “why haven’t I won yet?”

because it's not melee
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#3529 Posted: 19:07:01 17/08/2019
it feels really nice when people call me "sir"

:3
______
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#3530 Posted: 23:09:31 06/09/2019
The other day I walked in on the new person (who recently came out as non binary!!) doing work in the other room ... Usually they're wearing work gear like high vis shirts and baggy pants (which is nice in itself don't get me wrong at all) BUT IT WAS HOT BECAUSE ITS COMING IN TO SPRING AND THEY HAD JUST THEIR SINGLET ON AND IT WAS THE FIRST TIME AT WORK I SAW THEM WITHOUT BAGGY CLOTHES AND AJDKFKFKDKSKDKFLLA IT GOT HOTTER IN THE ROOM ALL OF A SUDDEN
---
I draw stuff.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#3531 Posted: 15:23:54 10/09/2019
I was falsely accused of physical assault and my friend was also falsely accused of sexual assault by the same person. They are the most evil person I've ever met, did it purely out of spite for 'revenge'. Luckily the police aren't stupid. The truth comes through in the end.
Gharlant20X5 Green Sparx Gems: 146
#3532 Posted: 15:45:56 10/09/2019
Quote: Ice Dragoness
I was falsely accused of physical assault and my friend was also falsely accused of sexual assault by the same person. They are the most evil person I've ever met, did it purely out of spite for 'revenge'. Luckily the police aren't stupid. The truth comes through in the end.

I was accused of sexual assault at my old job a couple years ago. Luckily there are cameras everywhere and the person eventually admitted to lying, but it really kind of woke me up to how easily someone could mess up your life if they really wanted to. For a long time after that I recorded every conversation I had with people in areas without cameras and I stopped giving coworkers rides home because I learned you can't be too careful when it comes to that kind of thing.
#3533 Posted: 20:15:09 10/09/2019
That's exactly what the girl in our situation wanted to do, mess up our lives. After the police took no action she told the same story to our university. They didn't think it was serious so offered an optional 'mediation meeting' with a housing officer.
#3534 Posted: 14:27:24 11/09/2019
Fair enough with the BPD lying thing, but their sense of reality being warped is a major part of the disorder.

The problem is people think with their emotions rather than their head when they're told about allegations. Those who have been abused almost always believe them because they can't comprehend someone would lie about something so awful.

Spoiler in place for those who don't want to see anyone Melanie discussion.
The evidence in support of Melanie is huge, same with the evidence against Timothy.
Timothy even continued to support Amber Heard after she admitted she lied under oath in court.
As for people claiming I'm being 'aggressive' about this, I'm sorry but where? I've used no bad language aside from "oh my god", called no one any names, not directed anything at anyone specifically aside from "___ shouldn't have posted it". People are incredibly sensitive and quick to blindly believe without researching first to form an opinion. Which is why I had to speak up, not "whiteknight".

Almost everyone believed me in my situation because this girl had been so nasty to many people throughout university she had an extremely bad reputation. But I have lost some acquaintances who were better friends with her, so only heard her side of the 'story'.
She was like Amber Heard in a way, faked an injury. Yet when she was seen by the police (20 minutes after she phoned them) there wasn't a mark on her.
#3535 Posted: 00:26:43 13/09/2019
I hate the logic of, since my parents beat me I should beat my kids.
#3536 Posted: 01:02:09 13/09/2019
Quote: willspyro
I hate the logic of, since my parents beat me I should beat my kids.

I wouldn't call it "logic" so much as a pathology. Abuse ****s with your mind, man.

But I'm glad you grasp the point that it's bad.
#3537 Posted: 03:07:53 13/09/2019
I've had many friends who've had parents that had that as an excuse to beat them. It honestly disgusts me.
#3538 Posted: 15:57:43 16/09/2019
favorite band is probably last dinosaurs. Band that I always listen to is the dø. Song that I will always love is Mr Bright side by the Killers. Song confessions.
#3539 Posted: 18:50:12 16/09/2019
Another confession. I really hate hot weather. It makes people smell from sweat and everybody is oily.
First | Previous | Page 71 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me