Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 70 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3451 Posted: 00:42:58 03/06/2019
That said, seen this discussion around on twitter a lot and some good points were brought up. No one's going to be scarred for life if they see someone with a collar or weird **** written on shirts. Not like you don't already see much worse in everyday life.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#3452 Posted: 01:52:19 03/06/2019
Everytime I see "deal with it" I can only think of Kappapopm and feel old

also
[User Posted Image]
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:55:21 03/06/2019 by DragonCamo
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#3453 Posted: 03:58:42 03/06/2019
Quote: DragonCamo
Everytime I see "deal with it" I can only think of Kappapopm and feel old

how dare you i almost completely suppressed kappa from my memory
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#3454 Posted: 15:34:26 03/06/2019
I am not part of the LGBT community, so it's not my right to say who belongs in it and who doesn't. I have my opinions, but in the end, it's not my say. HOWEVER, one of the things that pisses me off so much are the people within the LGBT community that are hypocritical about their own community.

Pride parades and the concept of the community was forged as a defiance against the heterosexuals who claim that their sexuality is a "myth," or that it's a "choice that can be reverted and doesn't exist." Pride is also a celebration about love and acceptance, so why the hell are the people in the community going ahead and saying "Pansexuality isn't real," "Asexuality isn't real," etc, just like heteros treat them about their own sexuality?

It's one thing to actually protect the community from false members, like how pedophiles are trying to claim that their immoral lust is a "sexuality" and must be "respected as an LGBT sexuality," but it's another to create entire arguments and debates on sexualities that are totally innocent.

You can believe what you want about each sexuality, but I believe it hypocritical to exclude them from the community and flat out claim they don't even exist. Like, I just saw this post on Twitter that was so cute and supportive. However, if you look in the comments, you have people saying "lmao take the pansexual flag out," and they are people OF THE LGBT COMMUNITY. LIKE HELLO?? Basically those comments are what sparked this little rant out of me.

Again, I'm not in the community, so in the end it's not my say or battle. I just have a lot of friends with diverse and beautiful identities who once felt like they can belong within the LGBT community. And it literally breaks my heart to see them have to defend their own sexuality/identity AGAIN in the community they THOUGHT they were accepted in.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:20 03/06/2019 by TheFlyingSeal
#3455 Posted: 16:10:02 03/06/2019
No TheFlyingSeal what you said is 100% valid, doesn't matter if you're in it or not. I'll also throw in the usual "bi people are inherently transphobic" for people that like to ignore definitions to start a fight.

Unfortunately, being oppressed doesn't necessarily make you good when you start to break free of that struggle. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make someone that gets off on putting others down be a nicer person.
---
#3456 Posted: 17:07:24 03/06/2019
To me it's more of a distinction from bi of 'yeah I'm interested in this part on this gender, or this part of the other one, or even this way someone might be presenting, or one that might or might not apply to several' compared to pan's 'i like this in every single one regardless of presentation, the specific bits don't matter'.
---
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#3457 Posted: 05:26:16 04/06/2019
The wording on that, Sess, is what has stemmed a lot of arguments. The idea that Bisexually inherently is holding onto the "binaries". A lot of the pan vs bi arguments infer that bisexuality is transphobic or anti-nonbinary identities because of it. A lot of the pan erasure that happens is because of that argument and aggressiveness about bi erasure.

Honestly there are about four different sexualities that involve being attracted to two or more 'genders' and its entirely up to the person to see which of the labels fit them. They heavily overlap and should have a lot more support between eachother than they do. They can exist all at once, and none of them are inherently more or less better than the others.

[User Posted Image]

A better way to separate the idea of Pan/Bi I have found people using more these days is "bi is two or more, often showing a preference" so they are people who may like people of all gender identities but often finds themselves liking one or two more frequently. It's all up to the people who identify as it to define how it is distinct. I personally ID as Pan, though I say Bi to make it easier on other people because of the debating of differences. I ID as Pan because even though I do often find my self with preferences I don't really think about gender when it comes to the liking of someone. So, I may frequently find myself crushing on male/masculine people but it isn't the fact that they are masculine/male which leans into my attraction. But that is just my definition of it, and I understand it might not be the same as other's ideas.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#3458 Posted: 08:27:24 04/06/2019
It's alright, I figured you weren't intending to feed into that argument but I thought I would bring it up.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3459 Posted: 11:20:15 05/06/2019
Both Antz and Bug's Life are great films.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3460 Posted: 03:09:30 06/06/2019
I feel awful for going to a restaurant 30 min before they close and getting to go ;A; I haven’t eatin much all day and its the closest thing to work ;~; I kept apologizing profusely
---
Gay 4 GARcher
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5685
#3461 Posted: 15:48:52 11/06/2019
after several years of being active for like a few days then dropping off the face of the earth for months, i think it's time that i come out and say a lot of the bull that's happened. spoilers for simplicity, as it's all pretty sensitive material.

i will start off by saying that currently, there is little to nothing wrong, everything has subsided within the past few weeks or so, but it took a very long time to get there. court is finally over and this information can be somewhat public, as long as no names or ill intent is involved.

i have lost a lot of association during the years i've been on and off, but i respect boundaries and won't go spreading things everybody knows aren't true. but hey, i have a new life now and i've decided to move on since things have been hard enough. i have lost friends, acquaintances that i long to talk to again but fear the idea... i have even lost people i considered family because of my decisions.

as a few members may know, before october of last year, i lived in an abusive household. there was screaming, yelling, drug use at times, heavy drinking, verbal insults, and fist fights with my mother over things she never did (that were never caused by me anyway). it wasn't really my bio parents either, as my dad refuses to be a big influence in my life now since he found out some things about me that aren't things a star-child would do and my mother was stuck with a drunk for thirteen years. thankfully, i got out of the situation because of my soon to be spouse.

in the past two months (while i have been far away), i have dealt with bunches more than i thought i would. admittedly, i thought about not talking to my mother at one point. her abusive ex had left the house a few months prior of me moving out, but seemed to sneak right back in. i really didn't like that since i was under the impression that it would never happen again. me moving caused a lot of financial instability for my mother and sister, so he wiggled back in while saying he would pay all of mom's bills (since he is pretty rich compared to a lot of other people in the town i grew up in. i grew up in a pretty slummy town myself, so it was almost unheard of for someone to have money and live in a garbage place like that.

so in november, since i left, he came back... and as every person in the family who matters knows, he started getting hostile again within just a few weeks. he would yell at my mother, curse her out, punch her and her child, and even accuse her of sleeping around even though she never left the house unless it was to get groceries. this lasted until exactly easter morning, where he struck my mother and tried to take off with my sister and bring her all the way to the other side of the country without ANY consent. a few court dates, years of trying to persuade my mother to do this earlier, and an emergency flight back to a place near my hometown later, everything is okay. my mother has gotten pretty much full custody over my sister and they are currently living with us until they can get on their feet and move out. i don't really mind it since my sister is easy and mom really needs the help with how she's legally disabled due to her degenerative illnesses.

this really isn't all of it, but it's the most recent part of what's going on really. i really hate spilling but i really miss some people here and never really get the chance to hop on. if anyone who i was friends with sees this and wants to contact me, i will happily give out my discord.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#3462 Posted: 14:18:15 12/06/2019
I sang in the shower yesterday.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#3463 Posted: 20:47:16 13/06/2019
I kinda want to learn Latin and it’s 90% because of Octopath.
---
Soon.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#3464 Posted: 00:54:36 14/06/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark
I kinda want to learn Latin and it’s 90% because of Octopath.

I took a year of college Latin and I can say it's a very interesting language. The grammar is very complex and can be difficult especially if you're not familiar with some of the basics of romance language grammar, but it's still really cool to learn about. Good luck if you decide to go through with it! I had a fun time learning it.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#3465 Posted: 20:03:01 23/06/2019
I'm wary about people who constantly gives someone gifts to show their affection.

It's nice if it's the occasional "I saw this in the store and thought of you!" Even big, extravagant gift giving on special occasions are super sweet!! But the moment it turns yikes is when they use their gift giving to buy your friendship, or even try to turn it around and make you give them equally as much gifts. It's very materialistic and empty.

To give an example, this girl I was once best friends with gave everyone Valentine's Day presents. Sweet, right? However, she proudly told each and everyone that she was giving them presents. This, of course, made everyone (including me) try and find a good present for her that would make her happy. Because it's kind of an asshole move to be given a present on Valentine's Day and not give one back, especially if you know it's going to happen.

Then during Valentine's day, she was moping the whole time that no one gave her any roses...despite me giving her an eternal rose that was her favorite type of rose (which, I might add, the real thing is one of the rarest and most expensive?) So her friends, who heard this moping, took time out of their schedule and got her roses. At the time, I thought this was sweet, but looking back after realizing that she never truly cared for me as a friend, I see this as an example of how manipulative and controlling she is. The gifts she gave were really sweet, she even got my boyfriend involved to help her find the right gift for me, but pulling back the curtain reveals that it she did this because she wanted gifts equally as nice back.

To end my little confessions/rant, it's okay if you express your love for another person with a gift you know they'd really like. It's sweet, and I do it too. There's nothing better than seeing a person's face light up when you got them an amazing gift. However, there are more things you could do to express your love for them: helping them when they're in emotional distress, tell them how proud you are when they accomplish something, remind them how happy you are to be their friend, spend time with just them doing something they like. Don't rely on gift giving, because it may make the friendship feel empty and based on materialism.
It can also cross a line when you try to use "expression" for your own materialistic needs, rather than true expression.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3466 Posted: 22:09:38 23/06/2019
Sometimes I sit down to pee because I'm just too lazy to stand
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3467 Posted: 22:34:45 23/06/2019
Quote: Metallo

Ha! What a coincidence! I am the same!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#3468 Posted: 23:46:19 23/06/2019

Isn’t sitting down more effort because you have to already be standing in order to walk to the toilet? You’d have to change stances twice rather than remaining static and standing.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#3469 Posted: 23:48:50 23/06/2019

Oh, it's the best, dude!
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7038
#3470 Posted: 03:44:11 24/06/2019

same.
#3471 Posted: 16:25:46 24/06/2019
I honestly think Endgame significantly effected the box office of films released after it. Godzilla is doing fine, but still under preformed, Detective Pikachu did well, but not much as anticipated, Men in Black International is out right struggling, and Secret Life of Pets 2, while did well due to it's budget, hasn't even reached $200 mil yet despite being out for several weeks and it being the sequel to a movie that made a total run of $875 million. You think by now it'd be at least $240 mil. I know there's a couple of months difference between these films, but Endgame without a doubt effected their performance in some way, whether due to theater fatigue or people wanting to see Endgame multiple times.

As much as I love Endgame, it effecting the performance of other films is *bad*.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:06 24/06/2019 by HeyitsHotDog
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#3472 Posted: 08:13:20 26/06/2019
Quote: 84skylanderdude

Isn’t sitting down more effort because you have to already be standing in order to walk to the toilet? You’d have to change stances twice rather than remaining static and standing.

You're missing out on those all-important toilet-sitting quad gains.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#3473 Posted: 00:56:50 28/06/2019
one of my pet peeves about work is when people say im lazy leader when there are no customers. youre doing nothing too because nothing can be done at this moment.
#3474 Posted: 12:57:29 29/06/2019
As much as I like him as an actor, and as a person, he's one of my favorite people in Hollywood, and think he and I would actually be good friends IRL, I do have to say this: I think Tom is sorta overrated and is also being milked the thuck outta him. Yeah, he's talented, good looking, and seems like a great dude, but the amount of praise he gets is absurd. On the fan side, people are acting like he's going to be the next biggest star in the world (Which, honestly, may happen for a bit, but not necessarily for the best reason, which I'll get to into a minute), and an almost impossibly talented as an actor. I remember when people were going nuts over "I don't want to go", I don't think I've ever seen that amount of overpraise until than. It just gets a bit grading. Tom's great, I love him, and I'm happy he's loved as much as he is but cool it down guys, even if just a bit.

Honestly, if Tom didn't get the Spider-Man role, he's be just another actor people may know, but not fully care about. That role gives him a lot of his power.

And as for the milking, he's got Spider-Man, Uncharted, Chaos Walking, Doctor Dolittle, Spies in Disguise, Onward, and The Devil All The Time, but for this, I'm gonna focus on the first 3 films, as they're going to be franchises. Tom's gonna be handling three film franchises that's likely going to take multiple years to complete, and Spider-Man will only increase that. I'm worried he'll get burned out, and that the audience will get burned out. Now for Uncharted, it may just be 1-2 films, and then they'll get a more fitting actor to play Adult Nathan Drake, but I'm worried Sony will play stupid, and think Tom will grow into the role of Adult Drake, which we know's not gonna happen. Tom's great, but he can't carry that sort of role. I feel like these movies have Tom simply because he's a box office pull. From what I hear, Tom is the one who wanted to make Uncharted, which is a good thing, but I worry, as I said, Sony may plan to use him for ALL the Uncharted films, instead of the ones that use Young Nathan Drake.

Anyway, that's just a ton of roles that he's handling right now, and I do worry it's get overwhelming for him, and potentially give the audience Tom Holland fatigue.

Hopefully this post makes sense. I woke up, like, less than an hour ago, and this was just banging around in my head and just wanted to get it out. I'm actually curious about there people's thoughts on this. Please, if you'd like, leave some.
---
#3475 Posted: 21:02:00 29/06/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
As much as I like him as an actor, and as a person, he's one of my favorite people in Hollywood, and think he and I would actually be good friends IRL, I do have to say this: I think Tom is sorta overrated and is also being milked the thuck outta him. Yeah, he's talented, good looking, and seems like a great dude, but the amount of praise he gets is absurd. On the fan side, people are acting like he's going to be the next biggest star in the world (Which, honestly, may happen for a bit, but not necessarily for the best reason, which I'll get to into a minute), and an almost impossibly talented as an actor. I remember when people were going nuts over "I don't want to go", I don't think I've ever seen that amount of overpraise until than. It just gets a bit grading. Tom's great, I love him, and I'm happy he's loved as much as he is but cool it down guys, even if just a bit.

Honestly, if Tom didn't get the Spider-Man role, he's be just another actor people may know, but not fully care about. That role gives him a lot of his power.

And as for the milking, he's got Spider-Man, Uncharted, Chaos Walking, Doctor Dolittle, Spies in Disguise, Onward, and The Devil All The Time, but for this, I'm gonna focus on the first 3 films, as they're going to be franchises. Tom's gonna be handling three film franchises that's likely going to take multiple years to complete, and Spider-Man will only increase that. I'm worried he'll get burned out, and that the audience will get burned out. Now for Uncharted, it may just be 1-2 films, and then they'll get a more fitting actor to play Adult Nathan Drake, but I'm worried Sony will play stupid, and think Tom will grow into the role of Adult Drake, which we know's not gonna happen. Tom's great, but he can't carry that sort of role. I feel like these movies have Tom simply because he's a box office pull. From what I hear, Tom is the one who wanted to make Uncharted, which is a good thing, but I worry, as I said, Sony may plan to use him for ALL the Uncharted films, instead of the ones that use Young Nathan Drake.

Anyway, that's just a ton of roles that he's handling right now, and I do worry it's get overwhelming for him, and potentially give the audience Tom Holland fatigue.

Hopefully this post makes sense. I woke up, like, less than an hour ago, and this was just banging around in my head and just wanted to get it out. I'm actually curious about there people's thoughts on this. Please, if you'd like, leave some.

I agree. Tom is a fantastic, talented actor. He's very well rounded, and could probably do a whole number of roles (that are in his age group, of course). I'm happy he landed a huge role that gave him a lot more open doors to his career, but like you said, Hollywood is milking his popularity.

But that's Hollywood!! They've been doing this for so long - once they find an actor the population adores, they want to put that actor in anything they can.

What I'm more worried about is his fan popularity. Lately, fans have been entitled to his attention. Paparazzi has always been a thing for celebrities to worry about, but now celebrities have to add fans on the list too. To elaborate on what I'm trying to explain, I was on Twitter the other day, and saw a tweet about a young girl's story when she went to see Tom Holland for an autograph. Here's the article about it, where they quote the tweet itself:
https://www.indiewire.com/2019...deo-1202152833/

I actually saw this tweet, even retweeting and liking it, because this poor girl was filming from an angle that looked like she was actually straight up laying down on the street. Then Tom stepped in, telling everyone to back up to help her stand, but the fans just wouldn't. They just kept pushing and shoving, and Tom got so angry that he actually threw their prints to the ground (since he threatened to if they wouldn't stop). There was even a picture of this, as well as a video from someone who was filming outside of the crowd.

At first, I was like "Oh wow, Tom is such a great and wonderful guy! That's amazing."

But after a while, I just couldn't stop thinking about how no fan had any decency during the signing. They weren't even listening to the actor they've placed on a golden pedestal. I don't know about you, but if an actor yelled at me to back off, I would. It just proves that the fans don't even see the actors as people anymore, but as individuals that cater to their desires and amusement. It's entitled, and it's dangerous.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#3476 Posted: 21:14:17 30/06/2019
It isn't about liking the person anymore, it's about being able to tell other's "Hey I met this super famous person which means I'm super cool, we even got a picture together/they signed my *insert generic item here*" which is honestly really sad. I had the chance to meet James aka TheOdd1sOut but I started to feel so awkward about the whole thing because of how gross Fan-Celebrity relationships have become that I ended up just staying home.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:04 30/06/2019 by DragonCamo
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3477 Posted: 03:27:00 01/07/2019
Quote: DragonCamo
It isn't about liking the person anymore, it's about being able to tell other's "Hey I met this super famous person which means I'm super cool, we even got a picture together/they signed my *insert generic item here*" which is honestly really sad. I had the chance to meet James aka TheOdd1sOut but I started to feel so awkward about the whole thing because of how gross Fan-Celebrity relationships have become that I ended up just staying home.

^This

I went to Game Grumps Live a few weeks back, as my girlfriend and I are pretty big fans. We watch most of the series and streams, buy merch, etc, but we were completely appalled by how little respect a vocal minority of the fans were. Thankfully most of our location was pretty chill and asked good questions or interacted like normal human beings, but even though there were rules to follow emailed to ticket holders AND told before and during the show, some people just... chose to ignore them.
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3478 Posted: 22:45:34 02/07/2019
I have never cried during a movie. Until Toy Story 4, it hit home with me because it reminded me about the third movie that I'm growing up right now.

Movie Spoilers v v v v

When Woody left everyone to be with Bo Peep that actually got me so badly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:00 02/07/2019 by willspyro
#3479 Posted: 22:24:24 06/07/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
While I'm always striving to improve, both for myself and for others, there are times where I admit to not particularly caring about how some people perceive me or my actions.
This more or less comes from feeling distaste towards certain people, or disinterest in their grievances.

That said, however, doesn't necessarily mean that I outright don't care about what they have to say. It's more just out of disinterest in them as a person specifically, really.
(All of this is just in a general sense, mind you, in case that isn't obvious smilie)

listen to me exclusively you punk
#3480 Posted: 00:17:00 07/07/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Vespi
listen to me exclusively you punk

roger that, capitaine! lol

o b e y
m e ,
p h a l l u s
m a n
#3481 Posted: 00:21:40 07/07/2019
I wanna be told what to do!!
---
#3482 Posted: 00:45:12 07/07/2019

why? why do people want that?
buy my gamer girl bath water i guess?
#3483 Posted: 01:35:48 07/07/2019

Y'know what I'm good.
---
#3484 Posted: 01:38:39 07/07/2019

Y'know what I'm good.

actually never mind go buy it now
#3485 Posted: 02:35:08 07/07/2019

Y'know what I'm good.

I, I, I, no-no.
---
#3486 Posted: 03:59:14 07/07/2019

Y'know what I'm good.

I, I, I, no-no.

N O W
#3487 Posted: 20:30:46 07/07/2019
imagine thinking you're an intelligent and pretentious film watcher because you exclusively watch movies made for children and chinese people
#3488 Posted: 20:43:44 07/07/2019
hey everyone casual reminder it takes 0 effort to stay in your own lane and let other people enjoy things and not be a pompous douchebag <3
#3489 Posted: 21:01:23 07/07/2019
hey everyone casual reminder it takes 0 effort to stay in your own lane and let other people enjoy things and not be a pompous douchebag <3

i never said anything about not letting others enjoy things. the world doesnt revolve around you. im poking fun at people who think they know everything about movies not you specifically.
#3490 Posted: 21:12:29 07/07/2019
Quote: somePerson

i never said anything about not letting others enjoy things. the world doesnt revolve around you. im poking fun at people who think they know everything about movies not you specifically.

i never said it was anything about me specifically. dont jump to conclusions
if thats what people wanna watch, fine, let them watch that and give their own opinions on whatever the hell they wanna watch, be it big blockbuster things or artsy cinema
their opinion literally does not effect you in any way, so why even bother. humor it and move on with your life.
#3491 Posted: 21:26:31 07/07/2019
Quote: somePerson

i never said it was anything about me specifically. dont jump to conclusions
if thats what people wanna watch, fine, let them watch that and give their own opinions on whatever the hell they wanna watch, be it big blockbuster things or artsy cinema
their opinion literally does not effect you in any way, so why even bother. humor it and move on with your life.

i knew you would reply with "i know youre not talking about me" yet you still replied to my post just to put yourself on a soapbox because you share traits to what im describing. i am literally humoring the topic in my post, im not saying "oh man people saying the spy who dumped me is the best movie ever sure are ruining my day."
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3492 Posted: 21:44:24 07/07/2019
I mean, if people are upset with the direction of the Mulan remake .... the original ..... will always be there ............
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
First | Previous | Page 70 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me