Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 67 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3301 Posted: 05:52:23 21/04/2019
Quote: DragonCamo
I’m hesitant to fall into the Persona hole. I’m not a huge fan of turn based combat but the aesthetic and characters of the games seem cool and i love the art style. I don’t know if I have to time and money to spend on the games and the hours to play all the games I can get my hands on if i were to get into the series. Because I can’t just play one, I’d want to play 4 and 3 and Q and maybe even the dancing games.

Also this is kind of dumb i know, but i’m afraid of liking all the characters and wanting to buy figures of them all :|| and that’s so much money holy god

This is what happened with Fate and like i’m not upset i got into fate, but it’s definitely a lot to take in and understand.

Does this sound stupid lol?

to be fair, im not much of a JRPG person either, but i really fell in love with persona starting with 5, and id say its probably the best jumping on point
3 is good but tartarus sucks, and i just dont like many of the characters in 4
that being said, it is a 100+ hour game, it really is a time investment, but it is totally worth it

the spinoffs are decent too! persona 5: dancing in starlight would probably be your best bet since it's a rhythm game i got through in 2 days
persona q is kinda eh to me, its also a serious time investment. i think the only way persona q can pull me in is with P5 elements, which theyre doing this june lol

TL;DR:
good music + good story - good gameplay = persona 3
good music + good gameplay - good story = persona 4
good music + good gameplay + good story = persona 5

Quote: Bifrost
It's not the kind of game where you MUST play all though. It's not called semi-VN for nothing. You can engage with the characters just as much by watching let's plays as you can with the console, because they're mostly so easy to identify with.

i kinda wouldnt recommend using lets plays to judge the story of games like the persona series just because sometimes the content creator might be totally disinterested in a character youre super stoked to learn more about
id say play it for the most customizable experience, that way if you love a certain character but cant stand another, you dont have to sit through all their quests and stuff

- - -

also, weird aside here, i think it's honestly really interesting that my three favorite game series are genres and tones i normally wouldnt like otherwise
im not a fan of strategy games, im not a fan of stealth games, and im not a fan of JRPGs, and here i am, loving fire emblem, metal gear, and persona
i think it really speaks to their quality that they can pull me into genres i normally dont like
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:54:16 21/04/2019 by Vespi
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3302 Posted: 12:52:52 21/04/2019
Oh don't worry I don't mean any Let's Play. My real intro to the series was SuperJeenius who 100% Persona 4 Golden and would point out all the neat little things hidden in the world.

My only problem with 5 which MIGHT be reticified in Royal, aside from the minor problems of meh gay representation, is that the characters don't get enough time to be themselves after the first arc. Joker is CRAZY developed if you read between the lines (unlike Yu and Minato, you're not picking what you want to say, you're picking what he wants but can't decide), Ann and Ryuji are great, Morgana falls apart at points but he's still enjoyable. Makoto and Futaba just proceed to eclipse all character interaction after, and I feel like Yusuke, Akechi and ESPECIALLY Haru suffer for it.

It's lacking a sequence like the Junes show or the skiing lodge from 4, where there's no looming threat and they can stop being serious for 5 seconds. But that's because the characters ARE great, they just don't get to show it as much (aside from Mementos dialogue which... no. It took several months for someone DELIBERATELY farming dialogue to roll every single one).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#3303 Posted: 05:57:26 22/04/2019
I get occasional swings of depression and self-loathing, but rarely share and instead put on a mask and pretend everything is fine and I'm happy, but I don't share this because I feel like telling people is guilt tripping or asking for pity, even now I'm regretting making this post.
---
NoUb
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#3304 Posted: 14:31:56 22/04/2019
I was diagnosed with severe depression a year and a bit ago, but I stopped seeing my doctor shortly after I began going because it seemed pointless and I didn't like getting out of bed earlier than I had to before work.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
#3305 Posted: 14:56:53 22/04/2019
Isn't that the entire point of seeing the doctor

However, if it didn't work and you can affort it, I always recommend looking for another. I passed through many 'oh she's just a kid let's just play board games and see how she reacts' therapists to find my current one that goes 'yeah the bullying affected you pretty hard, board games are for your patience but now you need to actually talk'.
---
Gharlant Green Sparx Gems: 479
#3306 Posted: 17:24:14 22/04/2019
Quote: Spyroboy
I was diagnosed with severe depression a year and a bit ago, but I stopped seeing my doctor shortly after I began going because it seemed pointless and I didn't like getting out of bed earlier than I had to before work.

I stopped going to therapy because it reminded me that I can't hold a conversation with someone unless I pay them.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3307 Posted: 21:25:54 22/04/2019
Quote: Gharlant

I stopped going to therapy because it reminded me that I can't hold a conversation with someone unless I pay them.

You could have payed me for our conversations all this time?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#3308 Posted: 22:13:13 22/04/2019
i worry a lot about what people think of me even if it doesnt matter and ill probably never see or interact with the person again
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3309 Posted: 22:31:27 22/04/2019
Quote: HotDogAndZap
i worry a lot about what people think of me even if it doesnt matter and ill probably never see or interact with the person again

[User Posted Image]

- - -
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#3310 Posted: 04:19:00 23/04/2019
The reason i left DS a year ago wasn't because of growing out of it or lack of games, it was because i was addicted to Hen*ai and forgot about DS. I'm glad to be back and feeling much better now
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Gharlant Green Sparx Gems: 479
#3311 Posted: 04:55:01 23/04/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Gharlant

You could have payed me for our conversations all this time?

This was a while ago. I can talk to people without having to pay them now.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#3312 Posted: 05:34:47 23/04/2019
teaching kids about pro LGBT messages is just as bas as religious people teaching kids anti lgbt messages
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#3313 Posted: 06:37:25 23/04/2019
Quote: somePerson
teaching kids about pro LGBT messages is just as bas as religious people teaching kids anti lgbt messages

What’s so bad about teaching kids to not judge others based on who they prefer to smash
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#3314 Posted: 08:10:41 23/04/2019
Quote: 84skylanderdude

What’s so bad about teaching kids to not judge others based on who they prefer to smash

i would play smash with anyone tbh
---
Soon.
#3315 Posted: 16:17:36 23/04/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark

i wouldnt play it with a ganon main tho
i hate that f smash
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#3316 Posted: 17:18:33 23/04/2019

Imma keep it real with you. this aint it, chief
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#3317 Posted: 17:28:37 23/04/2019

Please say sike holy ****
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3318 Posted: 17:41:25 23/04/2019
Quote: Vespi

i hate that f smash

sess isnt in smash what are you talking about
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:50 23/04/2019 by parisruelz12
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#3319 Posted: 20:13:54 23/04/2019

i hate that f smash

DORIYAH
---
Soon.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#3320 Posted: 00:48:33 24/04/2019
dont listen to him he wishes he was a white girl
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3321 Posted: 01:02:18 24/04/2019

sP's thought process
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:34:53 24/04/2019 by JCW555
#3322 Posted: 01:09:35 24/04/2019
dude don't post videos of me
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3323 Posted: 01:10:43 24/04/2019
Sorry for doxxing you Carm
#3324 Posted: 05:11:29 24/04/2019

i hate that f smash

DORIYAH

[User Posted Image]

spoiler for language I GUESS
#3325 Posted: 21:33:26 24/04/2019
Quote: HotDogAndZap

idk if this is any comfort but in the adult world most people will just forget about you/find you inoffensive unless you're acting like a complete ****ing crackhead in public
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#3326 Posted: 21:56:53 25/04/2019

I guess it really depends on your definition of "pro LGBT", since the term often gets mixed up with all kinds of tumblr ideologies. I kind of agree though, insofar as I don't think the opinions of small children matter much either way. Anyone who grows up within touch of normal society will just end up forming their own opinions based on their own experiences.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#3327 Posted: 23:11:50 25/04/2019
Drawdler, if Spyro is dead to you, why are you still posting about it?

I can understand needing a way to vent. I suggest you use the energy and passion you have for writing on something that is more important to you.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3328 Posted: 23:45:44 25/04/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg
Drawdler, if Spyro is dead to you, why are you still posting about it?

I can understand needing a way to vent. I suggest you use the energy and passion you have for writing on something that is more important to you.

I don't think that was her point, that post is more about Skylanders and its relation to Spyro than Spyro specifically.
---
Bruh
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#3329 Posted: 04:39:07 26/04/2019
Quote: Samius

I kind of agree though, insofar as I don't think the opinions of small children matter much either way.

Imo they matter when you're a child who is LGBT growing up with these children.
I still remember my classmates when we were in the 5th grade ( so we were all ~10 years old) calling me a q ueer because I had expressed interest in other girls.

I still remember how these kids would call me a t ranny or a she-male because sometimes I dressed up in boy's clothes (even though I was never trans).

Growing up around those kids was hell, and I know I wasn't the only child who had to go through these kinds of experiences. In fact, other children go through much worse.

You don't have to go into detail about how sexuality works. If a kid can learn to hate at such an early age, then what's the harm in teaching them to be accepting at that age too?
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:47 26/04/2019 by Iceclaw
#3330 Posted: 06:10:01 26/04/2019
Yeah, uh, going off what Iceclaw said (which I definitely agree with) ... I don't see how the teaching of acceptance towards "different" people is as bad as the teaching of hatred towards "different" people. Not that LGTB people are that "different" anyway ... but what do I know.
---
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:14:34 26/04/2019 by Bolt
#3331 Posted: 06:13:56 26/04/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Bolt
I don't see how the teaching of hatred towards "different" people is as bad as the teaching of acceptance towards "different" people.

I'm assuming you meant the other way around?

WHOOP YEP sorry. Thanks for pointing that out lol.
---
I draw stuff.
#3332 Posted: 07:22:32 26/04/2019
Quote: Bolt
Yeah, uh, going off what Iceclaw said (which I definitely agree with) ... I don't see how the teaching of acceptance towards "different" people is as bad as the teaching of hatred towards "different" people. Not that LGTB people are that "different" anyway ... but what do I know.

^ilu bolt
[User Posted Image]
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#3333 Posted: 11:50:09 26/04/2019
Quote: Iceclaw
Quote: Samius

I kind of agree though, insofar as I don't think the opinions of small children matter much either way.

Imo they matter when you're a child who is LGBT growing up with these children.
I still remember my classmates when we were in the 5th grade ( so we were all ~10 years old) calling me a q ueer because I had expressed interest in other girls.

I still remember how these kids would call me a t ranny or a she-male because sometimes I dressed up in boy's clothes (even though I was never trans).

Growing up around those kids was hell, and I know I wasn't the only child who had to go through these kinds of experiences. In fact, other children go through much worse.

You don't have to go into detail about how sexuality works. If a kid can learn to hate at such an early age, then what's the harm in teaching them to be accepting at that age too?

Right, then it obviously matters to you, but in a larger context childhood bullying doesn't determine how your life will turn out, and I would also say it's inevitable to an extent. Mainly because kids are comparatively simple, and often say and do stupid things because they're still learning social strategies and their consequences. And that's regardless of whether you're LGBT or not, everyone who behaves differently faces it at some point.
It's not 100% clear that all those views come directly from their parents either. I mean, can you say for certain that what you went through could've been avoided if these kid's parents would've told them to be more accepting? On the other end, do you think it happened because their parents either didn't tell them to be accepting or told them to be unaccepting?

I'm not speaking from ignorance of what being bullied feels like either. I was bullied constantly in middle school myself, and I was often called gay or some slur related to that simply for having long hair. I'm not for making others go through that, but it's the reality of childhood development no matter what anyone cares to do about it.
Oh and funnily enough, lately I've found out that one of guys who did that to me actually turned out to be gay himself. I can't help but to assume that he just didn't know better at the time.

And what's the harm in teaching acceptance? Close to none, I would assume. Personally I would try to teach my kids the value and use of acceptance, but never that they need to accept anyone without question. Again, I guess it's a just matter of how you read into it.
#3334 Posted: 12:37:26 26/04/2019
Quote: Drawdler

Other than the actual Spyro guests, Skylanders content should never have been part of the Spyro wiki, and frankly I hope Aura24 regrets that in retrospect.

Don't put words in other people's mouths because you can't bring yourself to like something EVEN WITH its mistakes, Drawdler. Aura loves both Spyro and Skylanders and never stopped posting about how both fandoms can live together. I don't mind when someone adds Spyro content to the Skylanders wiki if it's relevant to the franchise, she doesn't mind if the opposite is made. It's a shame someone who used to be so great to talk to now deliberately wants people to be apart, all because Reignited isn't perfect enough.

I'm sorry if this is harsh. It's gonna hit a sore spot if you bring up the wiki, it's THE thankless job that Aura and I have and she has it doubled.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:39:20 26/04/2019 by Bifrost
#3335 Posted: 17:36:09 26/04/2019
Quote: Bifrost
[quote=

I'm sorry if this is harsh. It's gonna hit a sore spot if you bring up the wiki, it's THE thankless job that Aura and I have and she has it doubled.

I, for one would like to thank you for working on the wiki. I've seen it change for the better over the years, and it's been a very useful resource.
---
#3336 Posted: 19:18:31 26/04/2019
i really feel like drawdler is intentionally burning bridges at this point
#3337 Posted: 19:29:00 26/04/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg

I, for one would like to thank you for working on the wiki. I've seen it change for the better over the years, and it's been a very useful resource.

Thanks! I stick to the Skylanders Wiki while she does both, but I'm always looking at the Spyro Wiki to check for things I don't know about the main series. (and occasionally helping edit out some weird things that stayed there for years unnoticed)
---
#3338 Posted: 21:20:29 26/04/2019
I think the main problem with that would be the amount of stacked "you may be looking for... (Classic/LOS article)" and "full article at the Skylanders Wiki" templates which not everyone notices, but like, it's a fan wiki, not an official lorebook. As long as it's well organized and Aura organizes it VERY WELL, it's fine.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:41 26/04/2019 by Bifrost
#3339 Posted: 21:40:26 26/04/2019
I mean honestly, I don't think the devs would keep a wiki of all of the Spyro things ever, so I'm glad there's one, even if it can be rough in some areas. The Spyro IP has always really been one that gets tossed around from dev to dev, so I would expect to lose information without a resource like a wiki.
---
#3340 Posted: 22:14:52 26/04/2019
Case in point - Skylanders Ring of Heroes actively uses information from our wiki. I mistakenly forgot to put a Nefarion picture and they redesigned him from the ground up; someone added notes about characters that got brought up in dialogue that are only conclusions we drew from the games/comics/books. It shouldn't happen but if Activision literally made them do an E3 event outside the building I don't think they're even allowed to see much of the official lore data, so we did help out a lot indirectly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:40 26/04/2019 by Bifrost
Thomas OMalley Blue Sparx Gems: 598
#3341 Posted: 22:19:04 26/04/2019
Just my two cents that no one asked for ... I don't see the problem with Skylanders being involved with the Spyro wiki or vise versa. I mean, the first instalment literally has Spyro's name in the title, and he is a pretty main character in the franchise. He's the main character in the Netflix series even.
Skylanders is not a Spyro franchise, of course, but the two will always be intertwined and I think it'd be silly to ignore that part of Spyro's history and pretend like the two are completely separate.
There are a few returning characters from the Spyro series as well. Auric is literally the Skylanders version of Moneybags, they just had to change the name for copyright reasons. But in the dev office they literally just referred to him as Moneybags (source Mike Stout).

(And yes, I'd like to thank Bifrost and Aura for their work on the wiki, and all the other volunteers. It's a wonderful resource, and I have spent a lot of time reading through the articles. Thank you.)
---
Ev'ry body wants to be a cat ~
First | Previous | Page 67 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me