Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 56 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2751 Posted: 04:00:08 04/07/2018
Quote: 84skylanderdude
the last time i posted anything serious on this site it exploded in my face and i guess i haven't learned from my mistakes because i'm just going to point this out real quick

if this conversation going here had the gender flipped everyone would've been freaking out rather than jumping on the bandwagon. it's a shame it's acceptable to selectively negatively generalize some groups and not others. i get that men have historically been the oppressors and still are in parts of the world so it seems less bad to stereotype them but shouldn't we as a society be trying to get rid of generalizations like this altogether rather than pointing them the opposite direction? modern society has subconsciously taught me to be ashamed to be the gender i was born as and that's not healthy

now expecting this to completely blow up in my face as it always does and get me even more hated on here but there's not much lower for me to fall in the eyes of everyone on this site at this point. i'm always the one in the morally wrong side of things according to everyone else. i just had to get this off my chest because this conversation was really unsettling to me

i suppose thats true but at least from my perspective, my fear is from abuse and violence
i cant speak for the others, but i personally would understand if you were abused or something by a woman and were thus afraid afraid of them
im just conditioned to them being violent and scary man, im sure youre great and i know that theres great guys out there from all walks of life but my past and experiences are what shaped it

nothing on you or any guys i know that i actually trust, im just saying for me theres few of them
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2752 Posted: 04:11:17 04/07/2018
I can sympathize with being distrustful of men honestly. Not all of them of course, and not in all scenarios. I’m friends with some really great guys, and not all the men in my family are that bad.
As far as relationships go, I don’t think I’d ever date a man due to a mix of personal preference and some rather bad experiences.
And honestly, I can’t really blame people for being distrustful of certain groups of people, so long as it’s warranted. I mean, if a man or a woman harmed/tried to harm you in some way, it makes sense to be a little wary, especially if it was a common occurrence.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#2753 Posted: 04:11:44 04/07/2018
Man I'm the complete opposite. I feel more comfortable with men than I ever do with women, but I have some really bad past experiences with women from the past ever since I was a child. Lots of sexual abuse from them unfortunately
I'm learning to act past that since you shouldn't generalise groups of people, but it's really hard.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2754 Posted: 04:11:57 04/07/2018
i'm weary of both men and women in different ways. men can be creepy and agressive, but women can butter you up and pretend to be your friend while pulling the rug out from under you — of course the reverse happens as well, but those are the most common situations i've had the misfortune of dealing with growing up.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#2755 Posted: 04:19:37 04/07/2018
I'm weary of a good chunk of people because I have seen some vile people and I regret having them come into my life. Thought I could trust some girls as friends, but no they're vicious af (Talking ****, wearing masks, and manipulating people really). Thought I could trust some dudes, not really either for similar asshole reasons that are common (Being general assholes and not respecting me, or kind of not relenting their desperate issues onto my close friends). So I just kind of stick to a few people that I can fully trust.

Rn I have to just deal with that and understand that not every situation is gonna be like that. Otherwise making potential friends would be a *****.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2756 Posted: 04:21:56 04/07/2018
Hey, I'm not saying all men are like that, and I honestly don't believe that they are. I guess I shouldn't have said what I said ... but personally, the men in my life that were supposed to be fatherly figures and support me have been the complete opposite of what they should be. My dad was mostly okay, but the other predominant male figures in my life have been physically and mentally abusive, and incredibly sexist. I would really not like to go into the details here because I don't want to turn this into a pity party ... I know not all men are like that, but based off of my personal experiences, I don't really have anything else to go off. I'm just incredibly insecure, wary, and anxious around men now because I don't know how they think, or act behind closed doors ...

But you know what, 84 ... you're completely right. We should be getting rid of these stereotypes. But at the same time we should be working on getting rid of abusive behaviours as well, because that certainly isn't healthy either.
I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel that way, and you shouldn't be ashamed of your gender ... It's a very complex situation for me, but please don't think I have anything against you.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2757 Posted: 04:35:49 04/07/2018
Quote: Bolt
Hey, I'm not saying all men are like that, and I honestly don't believe that they are. I guess I shouldn't have said what I said ... but personally, the men in my life that were supposed to be fatherly figures and support me have been the complete opposite of what they should be. My dad was mostly okay, but the other predominant male figures in my life have been physically and mentally abusive, and incredibly sexist. I would really not like to go into the details here because I don't want to turn this into a pity party ... I know not all men are like that, but based off of my personal experiences, I don't really have anything else to go off. I'm just incredibly insecure, wary, and anxious around men now because I don't know how they think, or act behind closed doors ...

But you know what, 84 ... you're completely right. We should be getting rid of these stereotypes. But at the same time we should be working on getting rid of abusive behaviours as well, because that certainly isn't healthy either.
I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel that way, and you shouldn't be ashamed of your gender ... It's a very complex situation for me, but please don't think I have anything against you.

im only saying same because theres nothing i could say that wasnt said here before
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#2758 Posted: 05:03:29 04/07/2018
I think hating people is better. I've met some truly awful people of both genders that if i or my Grandmother had let them would have caused me immense pain. People are awful. Not all people, not even most people.

I grew up around mostly women, but I'm far more awkward around women that I'm not related to. Perhaps that comes from being a teenager.
---
Hahahahaha
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#2759 Posted: 05:35:51 04/07/2018
the last time i posted anything serious on this site it exploded in my face and i guess i haven't learned from my mistakes because i'm just going to point this out real quick

if this conversation going here had the gender flipped everyone would've been freaking out rather than jumping on the bandwagon. it's a shame it's acceptable to selectively negatively generalize some groups and not others. i get that men have historically been the oppressors and still are in parts of the world so it seems less bad to stereotype them but shouldn't we as a society be trying to get rid of generalizations like this altogether rather than pointing them the opposite direction? modern society has subconsciously taught me to be ashamed to be the gender i was born as and that's not healthy

now expecting this to completely blow up in my face as it always does and get me even more hated on here but there's not much lower for me to fall in the eyes of everyone on this site at this point. i'm always the one in the morally wrong side of things according to everyone else. i just had to get this off my chest because this conversation was really unsettling to me

Don't be afraid, you are 100% right.
#2760 Posted: 08:16:10 04/07/2018
Apparently I’m “motherly”. I don’t think so, but it seems others do.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2761 Posted: 14:13:19 04/07/2018

I agree with you. I mean, you said what I was thinking but was too afraid to say.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2762 Posted: 01:32:16 06/07/2018
Quote: GaiaMemories
I think hating people is better. I've met some truly awful people of both genders that if i or my Grandmother had let them would have caused me immense pain. People are awful. Not all people, not even most people.

I grew up around mostly women, but I'm far more awkward around women that I'm not related to. Perhaps that comes from being a teenager.

I disagree, personally. Generalising people in general is just as bad as generalising certain groups of people. Your wording would be better if you said "some people are awful" instead of "people are awful". We can all agree on the first statement. If someone doesn't want to feel bad for being a man, I'm sure that person doesn't want to feel bad for being a person.
---
Bruh
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2763 Posted: 04:01:45 06/07/2018
I get attached to people too easily and too strongly. I need to learn how to give space and accept not being the center of attention for every waking second of my friends’ life.

Thank you to anyone who’s put up with my message spamming in the past.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2764 Posted: 20:05:19 10/07/2018
... i think i mostly like girls now ... i've realised that i really only feel emotional, and perhaps romantic attraction towards women and i don't think i've really felt that way about a man before. and physical attraction as well i guess, as in women just look so much more beautiful to me. i don't know. this is confusing. for awhile i've been pretty sure i was bi, but i just feel a more overwhelming attraction towards women. but just as a really deep and emotional friendship/relationship, i guess, i don't want a sexual relationship. i don't feel sexual attraction to anyone, which makes me feel "wrong", although i think i've mostly come to accept that. but it scares me that no one else will accept that, and won't want to be with me because i don't want sex ...
i don't know, i feel like the kind of relationship i want with a future partner is not what most people want, and it really scares me that i won't be able to find anyone.

whoa, this got a little more deeper than what i originally thought it would. whoops.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#2765 Posted: 15:13:22 19/07/2018
Random completely stupid confession that makes zero sense also I have never spoken of this to anybody but it’s time for the truth to be out
I used to have a crush on shadme when I first joined the site and started talking to her and that was how I realized I was not straight
It’s kinda sad actually but also kinda funny
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2766 Posted: 17:20:54 19/07/2018
Quote: FuryBeam136
Random completely stupid confession that makes zero sense also I have never spoken of this to anybody but it’s time for the truth to be out
I used to have a crush on shadme when I first joined the site and started talking to her and that was how I realized I was not straight

Shadme is now officially The Gay Maker.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:34 19/07/2018 by Crash10
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#2767 Posted: 13:05:35 20/07/2018
Quote: Crash10

CYNDERFAAAAAN
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#2768 Posted: 17:52:56 22/07/2018
Quote: StormDragon21

CYNDERFAAAAAN

why the **** this the first **** i see upon logging on for the first time in like a week?
y’all sure know how to summon my dumbass.
anyway yeah i called this **** in like 2015/2016 fight me.
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#2769 Posted: 02:56:10 24/07/2018
Quote: DeathOfADream

CYNDERFAAAAAN

why the **** this the first **** i see upon logging on for the first time in like a week?

The great gay yell, summoning Cynderfan from her slumber since 2016.

Can't believe it's been that long.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#2770 Posted: 06:18:18 27/07/2018
Quote: DeathOfADream

CYNDERFAAAAAN

The great gay yell, summoning Cynderfan from her slumber since 2016.

Can't believe it's been that long.

i came back near-ish the end of 2017 and i don’t talk much shhhshshs
but yeah thats still a big time away wow
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#2771 Posted: 17:49:10 27/07/2018
I unironically use the grey background colour because it works well with the night theme.
---
Soon.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2772 Posted: 15:53:48 28/07/2018
^ this guy gets it
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2773 Posted: 07:01:55 05/08/2018
I think generalizations like "all men are trash" or "white people are racist" are obviously not meant to be taken literally, rahter just to get he gears turning in people's heads about systemic and societal prejudices
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#2774 Posted: 09:07:59 05/08/2018
Quote: Metallo
I think generalizations like "all men are trash" or "white people are racist" are obviously not meant to be taken literally, rahter just to get he gears turning in people's heads about systemic and societal prejudices

Assuming that what you said is true, I'm sure you can at least agree that it's not working as intended? Resentful generalizations mostly serve to make their recipients feel repulsion.
#2775 Posted: 15:14:07 05/08/2018
Quote: Samius

Assuming that what you said is true, I'm sure you can at least agree that it's not working as intended? Resentful generalizations mostly serve to make their recipients feel repulsion.

I can agree with that, yeah
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2776 Posted: 15:45:55 05/08/2018
I shaved my legs in full last night and I'm very happy with the results!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2777 Posted: 16:53:12 05/08/2018

but there are people who genuinely believe that and do take it seriously
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2778 Posted: 17:37:19 05/08/2018

someone i used to be friends with would actively say that he "couldn't even talk to cis/straight people anymore" and had a hate boner for white people, especially white men in general. the funny thing? he is white. (he was a girl transitioning to boy, last i checked.)

sorry, but it's not a generalization and people really do believe in it. smilie
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#2779 Posted: 17:43:55 05/08/2018
Quote: Chompy-King257

but there are people who genuinely believe that and do take it seriously

EDIT: It's hypocritical for me to ask for examples when we're talking about something as intangible as this, so yeah, sorry about that.

But tbh, as someone who spends a lot of time around hardcore progressives who make statements like these, I really find that hard to believe. I have yet to meet one who genuinely believes it, as you claim

Granted, I'm just one guy and my perspective is limited

Quote: parisruelz12

someone i used to be friends with would actively say that he "couldn't even talk to cis/straight people anymore" and had a hate boner for white people, especially white men in general. the funny thing? he is white. (he was a girl transitioning to boy, last i checked.)

sorry, but it's not a generalization and people really do believe in it. :\

Ouch. Sounds to me like your friend was in an echo chamber. It's something I try to avoid myself
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:51:02 05/08/2018 by Metallo
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7038
#2780 Posted: 04:04:02 06/08/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I’ve tried before but decided it takes way too much ****ing time to be worth it lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:37:16 06/08/2018 by darkwolf
#2781 Posted: 06:34:14 06/08/2018
I know that my opinions make people uncomfortable and I'm 100% okay with that
#2782 Posted: 13:33:26 06/08/2018
Quote: darkwolf

I’ve tried before but decided it takes way too much ****ing time to be worth it lol

It did take a while, but it was totally worth it IMO. My legs aren't super hairy by any means, but they're by far the hairiest part.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2783 Posted: 13:40:30 06/08/2018
I know that my opinions make people uncomfortable and I'm 100% okay with that

— Donald Trump (2016)
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#2784 Posted: 03:10:32 07/08/2018
i went through a mustard phase when i was 12 and id squirt a bunch of mustard out and eat it
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#2785 Posted: 20:23:07 07/08/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
my hero academia has an iron grip on my life and i can't escape its grasp

send help

Don't worry, everything will be fine. Why?
Because I am here!
---
Soon.
#2786 Posted: 22:59:37 07/08/2018
my hero academia has an iron grip on my life and i can't escape its grasp

send help

You're welcome.
---
#2787 Posted: 23:02:36 07/08/2018
You're welcome.

y u do this dad

Because you touch yourself at night.
---
#2788 Posted: 23:08:51 07/08/2018
Because you touch yourself at night.

that's not the only thing i've touched ; )

Wait....that wasn't the Butt Squeezing Goblin all those times?
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#2789 Posted: 14:03:41 08/08/2018
i just had to google how long spaghetti takes to cook. i'm 18.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#2790 Posted: 16:37:08 08/08/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar

im 17 and the only thing i can make is mac and cheese, ramen, and grilled cheese. spaghetti is too exotic for me.
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2791 Posted: 17:37:53 08/08/2018
Quote: Thunderdragon14
Quote: Jaggedstar

im 17 and the only thing i can make is mac and cheese, ramen, and grilled cheese. spaghetti is too exotic for me.

lol i can only make ramen. Mac and Cheese is to exotic for me.

I have my boyfriend for all that other stuff
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
First | Previous | Page 56 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me