Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 53 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2601 Posted: 20:57:29 02/05/2018
Quote: Metallo
Quote: Chompy-King257
I don't like how soft the world is becoming. Nowadays, a light-hearted joke can be the cause of lawsuits and hundreds being "offended." I mean, there are obvious things that aren't okay, like extreme racism and discriminatory stuff, but that's not what I mean. I find that as time goes on, more and more people get offended by the littlest things to the point where it's getting ridiculous.

This is incredibly vague. Can you be more specific?

Me personally, I only make risky jokes to people I know pretty well, and when I do offend someone I apologize. I don't really see a problem with people being too "soft," it's just common sense to me.

Also, you mentioned lawsuits. Please show me an example of a successful lawsuit from a plaintiff being "offended" from a joke. No lawyer worth their salt is going to risk their name on a case like that, and no sane judge is going to award damages for it.

A guy in the UK nearly served jail time for playing a prank on his gf by teaching his dog to do a nazi salute. If you watch the video on his Youtube video, it is very clear it is a joke and meant no harm, yet people blew it out of proportion and started calling him antisemitic.
Video in question
The actual video starts around 1:00.
Thankfully he didn't serve time, but he was still charged £800.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:05 02/05/2018 by azz01
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2602 Posted: 21:04:28 02/05/2018
I don't like how soft the world is becoming. Nowadays, a light-hearted joke can be the cause of lawsuits and hundreds being "offended." I mean, there are obvious things that aren't okay, like extreme racism and discriminatory stuff, but that's not what I mean. I find that as time goes on, more and more people get offended by the littlest things to the point where it's getting ridiculous.

Me personally, I only make risky jokes to people I know pretty well, and when I do offend someone I apologize. I don't really see a problem with people being too "soft," it's just common sense to me.

Also, you mentioned lawsuits. Please show me an example of a successful lawsuit from a plaintiff being "offended" from a joke. No lawyer worth their salt is going to risk their name on a case like that, and no sane judge is going to award damages for it.

I meant as bolded, but furthermore, things such as these articles are just a bit silly my opinion and show how things have kind of gotten out of hand:
* http://dailycaller.com/2017/08...iation-outrage/
* http://cdn.guff.com/site_1/med...25407024674.jpg
* http://cdn.guff.com/site_1/med...fb7cd535a6c.jpg
* http://cdn.guff.com/site_1/med...2aea1613a94.jpg

Things like that.

And for the lawsuit thing, the above post is an example.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:07:41 02/05/2018 by Chompy-King257
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2603 Posted: 21:07:10 02/05/2018
Quote: azz01

A guy in the UK nearly served jail time for playing a prank on his gf by teaching his dog to do a nazi salute. If you watch the video on his Youtube video, it is very clear it is a joke and meant no harm, yet people blew it out of proportion and started calling him antisemitic.
Video in question

I agree that the UK and other European countries have problematic laws regarding speech.

That being said, this guy is still a dumbass.

I meant as highlighted, but furthermore, things such as these articles are just a bit silly my opinion:

Things like that.

1. The Daily Caller is a very right-wing biased outlet. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but after searching other sources, there's no official confirmation that that was the exact reason Nintendo removed the art. That article is just speculation and it's pretty clear which side they're on.
2. I really don't see why you think that random tumblr incidents are indicative of society at large.
3. While I agree that it's a bogus charge, criminal charges ≠ lawsuits.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:08 02/05/2018 by Metallo
#2604 Posted: 21:18:03 02/05/2018

Video in question

I agree that the UK and other European countries have problematic laws regarding speech.

I meant as highlighted, but furthermore, things such as these articles are just a bit silly my opinion:

Things like that.

1. The Daily Caller is a very right-wing biased outlet. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but after searching other sources, there's no official confirmation that that was the exact reason Nintendo removed the art. That article is just speculation and it's pretty clear which side they're on.
2. I really don't see why you think that random tumblr incidents are indicative of society at large.

I must apologize for those last few posts. I shouldn't have come off as that aggressive and shouldn't have made claims like that. I was just angry about something. I do see your points, though, and I do understand what you mean. Sorry.
---
#2605 Posted: 21:22:06 02/05/2018

Video in question

Things like that.

I must apologize for those last few posts. I shouldn't have come off as that aggressive and shouldn't have made claims like that. I was just angry about something. I do see your points, though, and I do understand what you mean. Sorry.

No need to apologize. Just understand that tumblr is not the norm.
#2606 Posted: 21:23:13 02/05/2018

No need to apologize. Just understand that tumblr is not the norm.

Thanks for understanding.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2607 Posted: 03:28:58 05/05/2018
Infinity War spoilers

Star Lord is getting too much for how he acted. What he did was 100% realistic for how a human could act in a situation thats as scary and as stressful of that kind. He clearly was trying to keep cool during the Thanos fight but on the inside he was nervous and terrified.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#2608 Posted: 03:41:08 05/05/2018
I'm always worried that people won't view me as sincere because the way I act is similar to what people view as sarcasm. I try to downplay my reactions a lot, but it just makes it worse. I just hope that my words never make anyone feel bad.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2609 Posted: 03:45:03 05/05/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Infinity War spoilers

Star Lord is getting too much for how he acted. What he did was 100% realistic for how a human could act in a situation thats as scary and as stressful of that kind. He clearly was trying to keep cool during the Thanos fight but on the inside he was nervous and terrified.

he did the same thing to ego in volume 2

- - -
#2610 Posted: 04:40:03 05/05/2018
Quote: somePerson
Infinity War spoilers

- - -

It's all part of Strange's plan. Star Lord did exactly what he was supposed to.

- - -
#2611 Posted: 10:16:39 05/05/2018
Infinity War spoilers

- - -

- - -

Pretty much what both of you said. It fits his character and it HAD to happen, it was the only way. I'm really surprising people are missing that.

- - -
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2612 Posted: 11:17:37 05/05/2018

- - -

- - -

Pretty much what both of you said. It fits his character and it HAD to happen, it was the only way. I'm really surprising people are missing that.

- - -

There's a lot of things people miss and then throw off as bad movie design
*Cough* *Cough* Cinemasins

---------
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2613 Posted: 17:52:40 05/05/2018
For the longest time, I didn’t know that Superfreak and U Can’t Touch This were two different songs made by two different artists
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2614 Posted: 06:30:18 07/05/2018
because the way i am on the internet is basically half sarcasm a lot of the time, i sometimes worry if people don't like it and i should be 100% serious. but its hard to be ;_;
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#2615 Posted: 14:02:12 07/05/2018
I hate the word "vlogs." It sounds more like the name of a disease rather than a shortened term for a video blog.
---
#2616 Posted: 15:29:41 07/05/2018
I pay a ridiculous amount of attention to Chris Chan
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2617 Posted: 15:43:31 07/05/2018

i also do this.
#2618 Posted: 20:24:56 07/05/2018
Quote: ZapNorris

i also do this.

This is me, but with DarkSydePhil
#2619 Posted: 04:11:10 08/05/2018
I have a few friends in my hometown and I really don't want to see them.

Nothing personal, it's just....I want to leave this place behind.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2620 Posted: 06:56:39 08/05/2018
I have a few friends in my hometown and I really don't want to see them.

Nothing personal, it's just....I want to leave this place behind.

same
i actively avoid people from high school, especially since half of them were creeps that watched me get abused and side with the abuser
the other half are just annoying
of everyone i knew in high school, i hang out with two of them, three times a year for marvel movies

ive got my own crew now
i dont need the ones who would stab me in the back
#2621 Posted: 14:09:08 08/05/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Some of my irl friends are turning out to be real assholes, so I can kind of agree with that. There's also the fact that I've dated some of them, and a good number of the ones I've dated have ended up either being an asshole and/or weird/creepy in some way.

Not Christian, though~ <3

This has been happening with me too recently.

They say they're just messing with me, but if that's true, then I wish they'd still show me that they actual care about my company. I kinda wish they would just lay off me a bit and "mess" with someone else for a change.
---
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#2622 Posted: 14:33:51 08/05/2018
Some of my irl friends are turning out to be real assholes, so I can kind of agree with that. There's also the fact that I've dated some of them, and a good number of the ones I've dated have ended up either being an asshole and/or weird/creepy in some way.

Not Christian, though~ <3

This has been happening with me too recently.

They say they're just messing with me, but if that's true, then I wish they'd still show me that they actual care about my company. I kinda wish they would just lay off me a bit and "mess" with someone else for a change.

Obviously I don't know your guys' situations, but for me, this was the first step for me realizing my friends weren't actually my friends.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2623 Posted: 16:13:48 08/05/2018
i have like 2 irl friends, and their both at work. everyone i knew from high school doesn’t remember me, which is fine considering most of them were girls with their noses in the air, and boys who were too obnoxious for my tastes.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#2624 Posted: 20:10:53 08/05/2018
Yeah. Almost all my high school friendships have fallen apart the last year or two. I can’t wait to get a fresh start in college.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2625 Posted: 14:06:53 10/05/2018
I find it annoying with people who have to be put on a soap box in unpopular opinions when they don't agree with something. It has unpopular in the title what did you expect?
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2626 Posted: 14:30:14 10/05/2018
I find it annoying with people who have to be put on a soap box in unpopular opinions when they don't agree with something. It has unpopular in the title what did you expect?

Yeah, that annoys me a lot too
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2627 Posted: 16:48:49 10/05/2018
I’m getting tired of identity politics. For example, there’s an article on twitter about an all female spy movie. I really don’t give a ****, who cares if it’s all female, is there anything else about it other than it’s an all female?

If I'm reading this right, unpopular opinion =/= free from criticism. That shouldn't be "annoying", it should be common sense.

I think he’s saying that he finds it annoying when people jump on other people for having an unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinions topic. I could be reading your post wrong and I’m sorry for that ;;
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#2628 Posted: 11:48:56 13/05/2018
Oof wow... I post too much on Personal Thoughts.

And on an unrelated note, seeing all these fuss about cable TV dying is making me slightly worry about the future of the animation industry. As someone who wants in, it’ll be interesting to see where the industry leads in the next few years. I hope streaming services have the legs to support well-made creative endeavors like the ones shown in the modern cartoon landscape
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:57:57 13/05/2018 by TheToyNerd
#2629 Posted: 21:18:33 13/05/2018
I'm pretty annoyed how cynical and pessimistic reddit is.
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2630 Posted: 21:30:40 13/05/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
Oof wow... I post too much on Personal Thoughts.

And on an unrelated note, seeing all these fuss about cable TV dying is making me slightly worry about the future of the animation industry. As someone who wants in, it’ll be interesting to see where the industry leads in the next few years. I hope streaming services have the legs to support well-made creative endeavors like the ones shown in the modern cartoon landscape

well i mean voltron: legendary defender, bojack horseman, shows like that all prove they largely can
#2631 Posted: 21:53:20 13/05/2018
True, true. I’m just curious if the end of big network studios is nearly upon us
#2632 Posted: 23:28:13 13/05/2018
Every time walk between a cramped space, and my butt bumps into something, I like to say "Curse my big fine ass".
---
#2633 Posted: 01:20:22 15/05/2018
I constantly have the feeling that I like people way more than they like me. I know that I’m pretty much the one to initiate the conversation most of the time, but the amount of times I get cut off of a conversation or flat out ignored makes me question if I give off a truly clingy presence or not.

This is not trying to guilt trip anyone, either. I get that people are busy, but at the same time I feel like I rely too much on others to make me happy and I sense that it’s wearing on people. I don’t know how to fix that. I hate being in my own thoughts. I hate being alone. What am I supposed to do if no one wants to talk to me?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2634 Posted: 19:59:41 18/05/2018
tfw you have a crush(?) on someone much older than you and you know that nothing can ever come of it. not that you want it to though, because that would be weird. but you still have to see her every week and try not to act awkward when speaking to her.

i think i need a gf haha
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#2635 Posted: 22:10:45 19/05/2018
Despite the major cultural influence, I never saw the characters of Avatar: The Last Air bender as Asian.
---
#2636 Posted: 15:51:23 20/05/2018
Lindsey's absence is affecting me more than it should.
Shibaru Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#2637 Posted: 16:22:56 20/05/2018
I didn't release my dating sim for so long because of Lindsey's absence. I had lost the motivation to do other things as well.
---
G3MINI, Biggest bubbleton on Mixer.
Hi Lindsey. - Taylor Swift
Asdra#7043 on Discord
#2638 Posted: 16:28:33 20/05/2018
Quote: Shibaru
I didn't release my dating sim for so long because of Lindsey's absence. I had lost the motivation to do other things as well.

She's radiance.
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#2639 Posted: 16:35:10 20/05/2018
Everyone has been a little less happy since Lindsey left (myself included). I hope one day I can have that effect on people.
#2640 Posted: 18:20:55 20/05/2018
It's insteresting, because she was only here for a few of months too, yet she managed to leave an impression on a lot of people!
Hope she's doing alright ~
---
I draw stuff.
#2641 Posted: 19:05:22 20/05/2018
Did she leave for good, or is she still gonna come back at some point?
---
#2642 Posted: 19:11:59 20/05/2018
I don't think she's left for good. All I've heard is that she had family issues crop up and had to take a break from the internet. Although I am quite surprised that she managed to find the time to talk to so many people in the first place, considering how busy she said she was!

Well, she better come back soon because she did a piece for my Spyro zine and I've got to give her a physical copy, being a contributing artist and all!
---
I draw stuff.
#2643 Posted: 22:42:52 20/05/2018
Did she leave for good, or is she still gonna come back at some point?

She's coming back. We just don't know when.

To my knowledge, I'm the only one she told. And even I haven't heard anything from her since.
#2644 Posted: 00:44:51 21/05/2018
TWRP’s new album has saved me from many an anxiety attack this weekend. It’s so freaking awesome!
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#2645 Posted: 03:54:35 21/05/2018
Yeah, she was fun to talk to. Danny and Erika too.

I hope whatever she left for works out.
---
Hahahahaha
#2646 Posted: 19:51:51 21/05/2018
Bees are terrifying
First | Previous | Page 53 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me