Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 61 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#3001 Posted: 15:13:04 11/12/2018
I have another question, does me not wanting to be involved with other people's problems because it'll only end up with me getting stressed out over something that shouldn't be my problem, does that make me selfish? Like, it's not that I don't care about what's wrong, I do, but at the same time I feel like I'd be worse off trying to help but not being able to do much and worrying about them than I would've if I hadn't bothered. Because whenever that happens, I always end up super stressed out over someone else's problem when I wasn't before, and this happens way more often than it should. I'm just not sure my heart can take it.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3002 Posted: 00:00:21 12/12/2018
YES SESS SAME!!!!!
;A;

psst get a crocodile skink
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#3003 Posted: 01:56:01 12/12/2018
whenever i listen to joji i just feel so indifferent and bored
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#3004 Posted: 19:33:51 12/12/2018
sometimes when i read a topic title i think "this has got to be an exefile topic." and 100% of the time, i am right
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#3005 Posted: 21:10:36 12/12/2018
exe makes good topics c':
---
I draw stuff.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#3006 Posted: 22:42:02 12/12/2018
Quote: Bolt
exe makes good topics c':

Seconded
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#3007 Posted: 00:47:38 13/12/2018
Yeah, this is more like it, an appreciative audience at last, somebody's pleased to see me! <3
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#3008 Posted: 23:57:35 15/12/2018
I am embarassed, but yet, judging by the content, that was something that I've never imagined to be able to write even without medication and stupidly-added alcohol in the mix. Entertaining it was but the price of it was my dignity and one of the rare good things in my life. Awesome but yet very destructive, indeed. Bloody hell...
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#3009 Posted: 15:34:48 18/12/2018
My anxiety has PEAKED recently, and it's causing a lot of internal problems that are starting to make its way to my personal relationships. Already I constantly worry. I worry about the "what ifs" and what people think of me. For some reason, it has peaked so much that I'm just in this seemingly endless cycle of thinking about the worst, and reacting as if it has already happened.

My logical side is trying its super hardest to convince me otherwise, and for like a minute I say "You know what? You're right, these thoughts are super dumb." But then something will happen that just instantly shatters my newfound confidence.

I talked to my boyfriend about it after my anxiety caused this minor conflict in our relationship, which was resolved easily, but it felt like absolute hell for me in that time. The problem is that similar minor conflicts have happened before in our relationship, which were also resolved quickly, but they didn't feel NEARLY as bad as this one, which was arguably nothing compared to the others. My anxiety just made it feel so much worse. He's been doing a lot of things to help soothe my thoughts, to at least let my mind know that "Hey, I don't hate you. I still love you, and here's all the things to prove that." I thank him so much for that and I'm so grateful and lucky to have him.

The only thing is that my anxiety still has this...lingering feeling. It still whispers in the back of mind, and while I believe I am getting better with his help, it's still there. Of course, it will continue to be there, but it's just louder than usual. Every other time my anxiety has peaked, it was due to schoolwork and the stress behind it, so solving it was really easy. The problem is that nothing is stressing me right now. I'm on winter break, Christmas is soon, I've bought all my gifts for everyone, I finally have time for friends, and my relationship is wonderful. While my job is a little stressful, I work part time. I only work about 5-6 hours a day for three times a week, so it's not always pushing my mind of anything. Last shift was actually pretty relaxing as well.

So what is it? Why has it peaked so badly? I might never know to be honest, and I just have to do my best to take care of myself until it goes away.

The important thing about this post and why I'm putting it here rather than PT was that I wanted to know any methods that could personally help me with my anxiety? I'm not used to it peaking like this, and any help to combat it easier would be greatly appreciated. <3

tl;dr My anxiety has been at its worse lately for no reason, and despite the loving support I get, it's still kinda there. I just want some advice or tips to help cope with it and work against it.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:41 18/12/2018 by TheFlyingSeal
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3010 Posted: 16:13:46 18/12/2018
Paranoia because of anxiety is a real problem. Take it from someone who's still getting treated for that; if the cycle is really that hard to break, don't be afraid or ashamed to go and get therapy for it.

If it's not readily avaliable, then coping is a good way too. It's not a good long term solution, but having tools to distract yourself from a really bad bout of nightmare scenarios is helpful like playing songs, bothering pets, or some busywork of any kind (games included) that'll just take your mind off of it. The most important part is still removing yourself from that cycle though; don't call yourself names in your mind for thinking of stupid things or you'll just blame yourself even more, just calmly analyze the situation you keep weaving in your brain from afar and ask yourself things like "alright, how likely is this to happen? If there's a chance, do you have plans for a way out if it's dangerous? If there's no chance, why is it so unlikely and what are the things that keep it from happening?" to at least try and remove that specific recurring thought by reminding yourself that you've done enough for a bad situation and there's no point in mulling over a situation that won't happen anytime soon.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3011 Posted: 01:48:18 19/12/2018
Going back on what I said a while ago, but

People really don't know how to use the word Masterpiece, do they?

Masterpiece, by definition, is: An artist's or craftsman's best piece of work.

But yet everyone throws this word around for EVERYTHING. People use it to feel smart, and it's honestly frustrating to no end for me, for whatever reason.

You really can't say "this movie is a masterpiece", it literally doesn't work, because by the word's definition. You need to acknowledge the artist behind it.

But you can say "This movie is Stephen Spielberg's Masterpiece" or something similar to that because it's the correct usage of the word.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:51 19/12/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#3012 Posted: 01:53:19 19/12/2018
All these things I do, all these things I think and all these worlds of ideals I've been investigating in to... Cannot you realize that I am not a happy human?
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3013 Posted: 03:09:37 19/12/2018
is it just me or is dS really quiet lately? i havent seen much at all in S&N which seems kinda odd imo

Quote: HeyitsHotDog

But yet everyone throws this word around for EVERYTHING. People use it to feel smart, and it's honestly frustrating to no end for me, for whatever reason.

You really can't say "this movie is a masterpiece", it literally doesn't work, because by the word's definition. You need to acknowledge the artist behind it.

But you can say "This movie is Stephen Spielberg's Masterpiece" or something similar to that because it's the correct usage of the word.

HIHD is god's masterpiece
#3014 Posted: 03:43:43 19/12/2018
Quote: Vespi
is it just me or is dS really quiet lately? i havent seen much at all in S&N which seems kinda odd imo

HIHD is god's masterpiece

There we go! Accurate use of the word! Thank you, Vespi!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#3015 Posted: 04:33:05 19/12/2018

It's technically correct usage to just use "masterpiece" alone (i.e. "Disgaea is a masterpiece") because afaik it implies the context behind it as being the medium it is from - in this case it could translate as "Disgaea is one of the best videogame franchises". Of course it's more opinion but so is saying that a movie is Spielberg's masterpiece. Back to gaming because I admit I know nothing of Spielberg, you could say Kid Icarus is a masterpiece whilst I might disagree. Or vice versa with Disgaea.

Personally, however, I use "masterpiece" to refer to something that is in some way complex in its creation. Although the general consensus is to use it when referring to something you like.

I think it went completely quiet for a few hours again a few days ago. It happens occasionally. I'd say the website is dying, but if that were the case then it's been a very slow death. It hasn't picked up much in activity after the release of Reignited either so maybe it just didn't bring too much new attention.
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#3016 Posted: 09:22:09 19/12/2018

I’ve been noticing the same thing for months, tbh. Ever since I rejoined I always thought dS was much quieter than I remember it being. It’s the natural cycle of sites like these I suppose. You’d think with Reignighted we’d have gotten a large influx of new members and thus more activity. Fact of the matter is that now that Skylanders is practically dead (unless Ring of Heroes is successful enough to drag the series out of its grave) and Spyro just being a nostalgic memory to those who got Reignighted, the site’s gonna become a ghost town in a matter of years.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
#3017 Posted: 09:35:49 19/12/2018
yeah look, rumours about a spyro remaster bought this ***** back to the site ayyyeee
---
I draw stuff.
#3018 Posted: 13:54:39 19/12/2018
I'm not bothered if it's dying or not. I used to be, but as I said, it's been happening for so long that it doesn't really matter anymore. It's just inactive right now.
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#3019 Posted: 19:09:38 20/12/2018
I just see it as an inevitable thing that’ll eventually happen. Most sites go down this route at some point.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
#3020 Posted: 21:39:54 20/12/2018
Yeh honestly, I do agree with Sess. More Spyro games will be coming out soon so hopefully that attracts more activity. If not, ah well. I feel like the forum format is going a little out of fashion in favour for social media platforms ... but who knows. We'll stick around for awhile yet.
---
I draw stuff.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#3021 Posted: 21:56:12 20/12/2018
I kind of like forums better. At least this one; it's the only one I've ever seriously used. Feels a bit less rushed and flashy than social media. Although, that might be because you can toggle night mode on smilie. Honestly, I would have never thought to join, though if it weren't for me having to use a laptop all of the time for school. I only really access social media on my phone, and even then, especially in the past, I haven't been really social on it.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#3022 Posted: 03:45:35 21/12/2018
I'm not sure why I'm still here either way. There are plenty of forums out there so I don't know what's kept me so long... there's nothing special about this place. I guess it's probably Skylanders. When I was starting out on the internet my current obsession was Skylanders so as an overconfident kid I decided to start posting here.

Later on I got obsessed with other stuff like power metal but after everything that happened during my kiddy phase I became too shy to post literally anywhere else. So I just stayed here. I'm not sure why I haven't ****ed off by now but I haven't, I'm still here because I'm too shy to go anywhere else and my life has gone to **** so there's nothing better for me to do either.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5724
#3023 Posted: 06:19:04 21/12/2018
i wish i was a metamorphic rock
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3024 Posted: 07:03:05 21/12/2018
I honestly do enjoy shooting the **** with you guys, believe it or not
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3025 Posted: 01:46:52 23/12/2018
I kinda want another Mortal Kombat movie, but like... almost a parody of itself because of how silly the franchise is
#3026 Posted: 16:49:41 23/12/2018
Quote: Metallo

please dont shoot that its kinda gross
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3027 Posted: 06:57:50 28/12/2018
I get extremely jealous all the time, and I don’t know how to stop myself. I never take it out on anybody, because no one deserves to be hurt because of my own insecurities. I get jealous of relationships, life experiences and I am especially jealous of other people’s artistic skill. Artists that are way way better than me, but are about the same age get me so upset, man. Hell, I can’t even look at some other people’s art without getting mad that I’m not that good or that detailed. It’s always a passing feeling that I never act on, but the fact that it’s there to begin with is troublesome to me...

It’s so weird being aware of your own insecurities... I just wish I knew how to fix them and not be brought down so much with anger and sadness at the **** other people have that I don’t. I don’t know how to turn that jealousy into motivation. Something in my brain is aware enough to make the connection after the fact, but never know how to apply it.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3028 Posted: 08:14:11 28/12/2018
Quote: Metallo

please dont shoot that its kinda gross

Late reply but hey, need something for target practice

The GOP governor candidate sign has enough bullet holes already
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#3029 Posted: 19:27:25 30/12/2018
I've been listening to so much Avril Lavigne lately that I don't even know if it's ironic at this point
#3030 Posted: 00:49:08 01/01/2019
Chrom is a ****in' Dilf
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#3031 Posted: 19:12:02 01/01/2019
i think im spamming the forum
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3032 Posted: 20:37:17 01/01/2019
im a little obsessed w/ phil collins atm
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#3033 Posted: 00:26:28 02/01/2019
Quote: parisruelz12

Well that is the wold you're living in.

I'll get my coat and leave this place because of that poor joke.
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#3034 Posted: 02:59:54 02/01/2019
Quote: Project_Unnamed

You know, he just seems to have that invisible touch.
#3035 Posted: 06:47:07 02/01/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox

p-phil...
phil collins...

did i do it right?
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#3036 Posted: 10:49:33 02/01/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox

p-phil...
phil collins...

did i do it right?

[User Posted Image]
- - -
#3037 Posted: 18:53:15 04/01/2019
I have high confidence in our generation.
---
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#3038 Posted: 09:19:01 05/01/2019
When I'm in a room with other people I don't get very hungry and usually get full really quickly. If I'm eating in a room alone I get more hungry than I normally would. Like today my sister had her birthday (which she really doesn't seem to care about just like I don't care about mine) and I could only eat 2 slices of pizza when I'm at the table with other people while in my room alone I can eat 6 slices. (I barely ate anything today and I was hungry but I got full pretty quickly.)
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
#3039 Posted: 20:01:41 05/01/2019
highly tempted to do some investigating into the mayor of my town. hes gone unopposed since 2004, even though no one really likes him
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#3040 Posted: 22:39:25 05/01/2019
highly tempted to do some investigating into the mayor of my town. hes gone unopposed since 2004, even though no one really likes him

i can’t tell if you’re talking about irl or animal crossing on the gamecube
---
Soon.
#3041 Posted: 00:33:51 06/01/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark

i can’t tell if you’re talking about irl or animal crossing on the gamecube

irl. tortimer is too pure.
---
First | Previous | Page 61 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me