Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 59 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#2901 Posted: 23:18:05 28/10/2018
I AM SO EXCITED FOR SPYRO REIGNITED
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:33 06/11/2018 by Jaggedstar
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2902 Posted: 23:31:03 28/10/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar
yeet again

reyeet
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2903 Posted: 22:19:46 30/10/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'm actually kind of glad that I left the community Discord server.

There's a good few people in there that I find to either be exasperating, or just feel generally uncomfortable to be around, so I believe that limiting my interactions with said people as much as possible is beneficial to me in the long run.
That, and there's the fact that I feel like the server was distracting me even more than I usually get from other things that I wanted to do, so I think that it's a good thing for my attention span and ADHD as well. *shrug*

LATE but I just wanted to say that I've really missed ya and noticed a difference without you there. I mean, it's fine and completely understandable why you left and I am so so happy that it's making you feel better ... but I still miss seeing you around. ><;
But seriously, it sounds like it's done you some good to leave and that's really great to hear. Hope you're doing okay and looking after yourself. ;;
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#2904 Posted: 00:19:17 31/10/2018
I sometimes wonder what it's like to get paid to draw furry stuff
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2905 Posted: 00:25:49 31/10/2018
Quote: Metallo

you wont know until you try
#2906 Posted: 00:27:00 31/10/2018
Quote: Vespi

you wont know until you try

Hmmmmm
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2907 Posted: 00:37:32 31/10/2018
Also depends on the level of thing to draw. You could be doing someone's adorable DnD character who's one of the furry races or some extremely niche NSFW thing. The latter client will probably pay more if you're up to the task.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:45 31/10/2018 by Bifrost
#2908 Posted: 19:28:38 31/10/2018
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2909 Posted: 19:31:43 31/10/2018

Be gone, Vespi! You don't belong in this world!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2910 Posted: 20:07:36 31/10/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Enough talk. Have at you!
#2911 Posted: 20:23:49 31/10/2018

Enough talk. Have at you!

*hugs Vespi*
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2912 Posted: 20:42:52 03/11/2018
i could never ever live in a small town
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2913 Posted: 03:52:09 04/11/2018
I feel like an angsty teen when I say it but damn, I wish I had a girlfriend. I’m lonely...

- - - -

I only talk to a handful of people anymore. I’ve grown distant from most of my friends. I wish I knew how to interact with people these days but I kinda just... Don’t. I told one of the people I still talk to about this and her advice was to meet new people. But like... It’s hard, I guess. And what happens if those new friendships end up just like some of my old ones?
It’s just very annoying and sad.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:56:26 04/11/2018 by DeathOfADream
#2914 Posted: 13:21:00 04/11/2018
Just keep getting new relationships. Some of these oughta stick. If not, just send messages to your old friends, you'd never know when one of them is avaliable to talk.
---
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#2915 Posted: 01:45:53 07/11/2018
i feel so alone. people say they care, but they eventually leave. i don't trust anyone anymore. maybe i am better off dead
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#2916 Posted: 02:30:05 07/11/2018
Quote: terrafin2299
i feel so alone. people say they care, but they eventually leave. i don't trust anyone anymore. maybe i am better off dead

You are not. You are a wonderful person that we love having around.
---
Hahahahaha
#2917 Posted: 18:59:42 07/11/2018
i want Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia rly bad but i dont want it without the box but with the box it’s like $144 ughhhh
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2918 Posted: 05:33:14 08/11/2018
ahahahahahaha I'm designing ANOTHER game, look at me go
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#2919 Posted: 14:37:40 10/11/2018
dreampop indie music is boring
#2920 Posted: 15:22:52 11/11/2018
I can't take people seriously when they say "Glorious" to describe something.

"The game's reveal will be glorious"

"The movie will be glorious"
---
#2921 Posted: 16:41:06 11/11/2018

youre glorious HIHD
#2922 Posted: 17:12:57 11/11/2018

youre glorious HIHD

-----
---
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#2923 Posted: 09:23:34 12/11/2018
While I hate offending people myself, I find it really funny when people get offended at anything, even if it escalates into something that isn't a joke and gets serious, I still find it really funny and I find it really hard to feel bad when I have nothing to do with it.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
#2924 Posted: 17:37:34 12/11/2018
it pisses me off that dark wont let me have unicode signatures
it doesnt even say anything bad
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2925 Posted: 05:14:21 13/11/2018
While I’m not nearly as... Obsessive as I was in my early teen years, Maka is still somewhat of a hero to me. Revisiting Soul Eater, I’ll admit I wish I was more like her in many ways. I don’t have the best work ethic, I’m kind of a jerk, and I’m not very good with people. And I would really like to change that.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8936
#2926 Posted: 20:10:40 13/11/2018
I don't know if this makes me a bad person, but when someone is suffering from depression or anxiety or something like that, I feel way less sympathy for them when they do things that actively drives people away from them, like angrily shouting or insulting. Like, I get that you're depressed, but you don't need to be a dick about it. Does that me a bad person? I feel like it makes me a bad person.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#2927 Posted: 23:33:37 13/11/2018
Quote: Skyhunter
I don't know if this makes me a bad person, but when someone is suffering from depression or anxiety or something like that, I feel way less sympathy for them when they do things that actively drives people away from them, like angrily shouting or insulting. Like, I get that you're depressed, but you don't need to be a dick about it. Does that me a bad person? I feel like it makes me a bad person.

So something to understand about depression is that isn't just sadness. It exacerbates any negative emotions. Including anger.

My dad has always had a temper because that's just who he is. Usually, his tantrums were few and far between, only when something really pissed him off. But when he was depressed, he threw a tantrum almost every single day. And over the smallest things. For example, telling me that I'll never amount to anything because I forgot to sharpen a pencil for my homework.

And when he started meds, it was a night and a day difference. The tantrums went back to their healthy frequency.

It's not just "being a dick." It could very well be a manifestation of symptoms. It doesn't make you a bad person, but to be brutally honest, it does make you insensitive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:08 13/11/2018 by Metallo
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#2928 Posted: 00:08:48 14/11/2018

So something to understand about depression is that isn't just sadness. It exacerbates any negative emotions. Including anger.

My dad has always had a temper because that's just who he is. Usually, his tantrums were few and far between, only when something really pissed him off. But when he was depressed, he threw a tantrum almost every single day. And over the smallest things. For example, telling me that I'll never amount to anything because I forgot to sharpen a pencil for my homework.

And when he started meds, it was a night and a day difference. The tantrums went back to their healthy frequency.

It's not just "being a dick." It could very well be a manifestation of symptoms. It doesn't make you a bad person, but to be brutally honest, it does make you insensitive.

I don't think it makes him insensitive, actually, but I see where you're coming from.

Mental illness is something that needs to be treated with love, care, and understanding, but it is not an excuse for crappy behavior. It can explain bad behavior, and self sabotage is a very common symptom of depression that others should be well aware of before judging a person's actions. That doesn't mean we should grin and bare it, because the person with depression can attempt to fix it rather than hide behind their mental illness as an excuse to keep on exhibiting the behavior.

I mean, take your dad for example. When he started having depression, his tantrums got worse and created a toxic environment through his actions. He probably saw how it was affecting the household, and he didn't want to treat you badly or say more terrible things to you. So, he took steps to help his depression and started taking medication to help with the tantrums.

If he just continued having his tantrums, refused to take medication or see a therapist, then that's toxic. He's refusing to fix his problem and the harming symptoms that come from it, and no one can say anything to him because he would say "Oh I'm sorry, it's just my depression." That's toxic as hell, because they're literally choosing to be toxic to themselves and others rather than make the effort towards self-healing.

I speak from a lot of experience too. We shouldn't excuse all bad behavior from someone who has mental illness or mental disorders, because in the end they're human. They make mistakes, they say things they don't mean to, they can learn, and they can get better.

Now with that being said? Skyhunter, I don't think you should just assume 100% of the time that when people exhibit these behaviors they are automatically toxic. I don't think you're being a dick, but you should put yourself in their shoes.
Be patient with them. They may just have started dealing with these symptoms and aren't sure how to control them yet, or maybe they're experiencing a bad dip in their mental health. That happens more often than you think. I like to be as patient as I can when people get like this, and if they make attempts to change their behavior and there is actual progress, then I can easily forgive their past behaviors and congratulate them on the progress they've made.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8936
#2929 Posted: 15:20:02 14/11/2018
Quote: TheFlyingSeal

I don't think it makes him insensitive, actually, but I see where you're coming from.

Mental illness is something that needs to be treated with love, care, and understanding, but it is not an excuse for crappy behavior. It can explain bad behavior, and self sabotage is a very common symptom of depression that others should be well aware of before judging a person's actions. That doesn't mean we should grin and bare it, because the person with depression can attempt to fix it rather than hide behind their mental illness as an excuse to keep on exhibiting the behavior.

I mean, take your dad for example. When he started having depression, his tantrums got worse and created a toxic environment through his actions. He probably saw how it was affecting the household, and he didn't want to treat you badly or say more terrible things to you. So, he took steps to help his depression and started taking medication to help with the tantrums.

If he just continued having his tantrums, refused to take medication or see a therapist, then that's toxic. He's refusing to fix his problem and the harming symptoms that come from it, and no one can say anything to him because he would say "Oh I'm sorry, it's just my depression." That's toxic as hell, because they're literally choosing to be toxic to themselves and others rather than make the effort towards self-healing.

I speak from a lot of experience too. We shouldn't excuse all bad behavior from someone who has mental illness or mental disorders, because in the end they're human. They make mistakes, they say things they don't mean to, they can learn, and they can get better.

Now with that being said? Skyhunter, I don't think you should just assume 100% of the time that when people exhibit these behaviors they are automatically toxic. I don't think you're being a dick, but you should put yourself in their shoes.
Be patient with them. They may just have started dealing with these symptoms and aren't sure how to control them yet, or maybe they're experiencing a bad dip in their mental health. That happens more often than you think. I like to be as patient as I can when people get like this, and if they make attempts to change their behavior and there is actual progress, then I can easily forgive their past behaviors and congratulate them on the progress they've made.

Thanks guys. I understand now. Also, I'd like to clarify that it's not that I don't have any sympathy for people like that, just less of it. I still feel sorry for them.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:21:27 14/11/2018 by Skyhunter
#2930 Posted: 16:48:15 15/11/2018
college isnt worth it
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2931 Posted: 17:55:49 15/11/2018
college isnt worth it

Oh god what happened

-----

Holy **** if someone puts me in group work with some snob as the leader ever again I'm gonna lose it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#2932 Posted: 22:38:40 15/11/2018
It's weird that it took me till now to be like, conscious? aware? that I startle really easily? Like, when my current teacher talked to us yesterday and we had to hit our boards on the table, she told everyone to make sure to say loud noise as I startle easily. And like, I thought yeah I guess I do? it's dumb but idk it's just weird that i'm just realizing this? Idk like literally any loudish noise makes me jump so i should have known this?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:14 15/11/2018 by DragonCamo
#2933 Posted: 14:05:59 16/11/2018
Like glorious, masterpiece is another overused word that people use to feel sophisticated.
---
#2934 Posted: 15:13:15 16/11/2018
Like glorious, masterpiece is another overused word that people use to feel sophisticated.

youre a human masterpiece HIHD
#2935 Posted: 15:23:24 16/11/2018

youre a human masterpiece HIHD

-----
---
#2936 Posted: 02:59:01 18/11/2018
Watching the new She-ra cartoon and I'm really enjoying it, but my biggest concern for it is not the show itself, but it's fanbase. A show like this is something *those* kinda fans will eat up.
---
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#2937 Posted: 05:04:59 18/11/2018
i got only 10 gems this week wtf
i started out with 3917
i visited = 7
= 3924
i posted = 3
= 3927
wHERE ARE MY 0-6 BONUS GEMS DARK

proof
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:09:48 18/11/2018 by whirlwind fan
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#2938 Posted: 05:14:41 18/11/2018
Quote: whirlwind fan
i got only 10 gems this week wtf
i started out with 3917
i visited = 7
= 3924
i posted = 3
= 3927
wHERE ARE MY 0-6 BONUS GEMS DARK

proof

Some hard hitting proof right there! I wonder who got that, hmmmmm.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2939 Posted: 07:33:33 18/11/2018
Watching the new She-ra cartoon and I'm really enjoying it, but my biggest concern for it is not the show itself, but it's fanbase. A show like this is something *those* kinda fans will eat up.

Don't think I'll ever get around to watching it, but I've learned to just ignore and stay out of the fan base. If there's anything I like these days I just avoid looking up their online communities like the plague (darkSpyro is literally the only exception because people here are actually cool and respectful people who I enjoy being around).
But yeah I totally get what you mean hihd.
*coughlikethestevenuniversefanbasecough*
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#2940 Posted: 10:59:22 18/11/2018
Yeah, the show (and games!) with the most messages of tolerance and teamwork attract the worst kinds of vocal fans that think that liking them somehow undoes their horrible behavior. Just watch and stick to watching unfortunately.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:59:40 18/11/2018 by Bifrost
#2941 Posted: 08:16:53 22/11/2018
I'm sober.
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#2942 Posted: 20:30:27 22/11/2018
I
I may use Tik Tok
and have a fanbase of 27.6k fans
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#2943 Posted: 21:04:31 22/11/2018
fire emblem avatars are all boring and uninteresting
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#2944 Posted: 23:26:20 22/11/2018
Quote: somePerson

Thank you for your opinion, Generic Ahoge Anime Bishonen.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#2945 Posted: 03:09:21 23/11/2018
Quote: prextail202
I
I may use Tik Tok

prex what have you done
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#2946 Posted: 03:46:35 23/11/2018
Quote: ShadowMewX
Quote: prextail202
I
I may use Tik Tok

prex what have you done

I
I dont know
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#2947 Posted: 04:23:51 23/11/2018
Quote: StormDragon21
Quote: somePerson

Thank you for your opinion, Generic Ahoge Anime Bishonen.

cool.
#2948 Posted: 19:30:42 24/11/2018
I'm an anti-vaxxer
First | Previous | Page 59 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me