Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 48 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#2351 Posted: 22:27:17 03/03/2018
It bugs the **** out of me when people in my house leave lights on when it's ****ing daylight and you literally can't even tell the difference between whether they're on or off

Also to a lesser degree when people decide to use way more light sources than necessary and leaving lights on when they leave the room
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#2352 Posted: 22:58:01 03/03/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: Iceclaw
Quote: willspyro
I hate it when someone says this forum is just a piece of **** and it's toxic but they can't get off this forum. They don't even try to do it anyways. Plus, they're toxic to people themselves as well.

I really don't understand why some people are always ****talking this site and its users and are constantly "leaving" but then they come right back anyway.
Like you claim to hate the site so why bother just go already if you hate it so much

I think people become too mentally reliant on dS. However, that can be broken if you just don’t visit dS for a long time.

Yeah, people could leave by changing their password to something they can't remember and then just leave.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#2353 Posted: 23:16:23 03/03/2018
honestly i think that its kinda sad how a spyro forum can affect your life in a negative way
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2354 Posted: 23:31:51 03/03/2018
Well, sometimes you get passionate and that's ok. But this really isn't like social media where you can't shut it off unless you want to lose tons of connections. Just PM your Discord to your closest friends, and you can leave guilt free. Can't let something like this take over your life.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#2355 Posted: 02:27:12 04/03/2018
i dont understand how a spyro site can be an addiction for some people.........like...........take a walk. lol. not that hard to get off the internet
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2356 Posted: 02:49:02 04/03/2018
Sex jokes are only good when timed proparly

Saying Penis over and over again isn't funny
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2357 Posted: 04:11:18 04/03/2018
Quote: Thunderdragon14
i dont understand how a spyro site can be an addiction for some people.........like...........take a walk. lol. not that hard to get off the internet

It’s called social media addiction. It’s real and it’s a problem.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#2358 Posted: 04:37:07 04/03/2018
Quote: parisruelz12

It’s called social media addiction. It’s real and it’s a problem.

what these people need is friends tbh. like i'm not gonna lie and say i'm not on instagram 24/7, because i am, but a forum should not be your life. be more social and then the internet doesn't matter. i get not everybody can get friends but like when it boils down to it that's the cure for social media addiction. just get a life. as long as i'm with someone i barely think about my phone. i used to depend on the internet for social interaction though when i was younger. so i get it. but it's still dumb.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:37:35 04/03/2018 by Thunderdragon14
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#2359 Posted: 08:45:12 04/03/2018

It's even more confusing when said people supposedly despise the site....like why be addicted to it when you hate it so much, y'know?

I can never understand addiction to most internet sites (when the people AREN'T young teens that is)...just...go outside? Get a real hobby
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:46:21 04/03/2018 by Iceclaw
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2360 Posted: 10:34:20 04/03/2018

It's even more confusing when said people supposedly despise the site....like why be addicted to it when you hate it so much, y'know?

I can never understand addiction to most internet sites (when the people AREN'T young teens that is)...just...go outside? Get a real hobby

so true.

ive actually heard cases of young adults uninstalling things like twitter, facebook, ect and then feeling noticeably happier throughout the day.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#2361 Posted: 14:42:36 04/03/2018
reading news about sweden makes me sad
#2362 Posted: 17:14:24 04/03/2018
I kind of hate it when people hold grudges for extremely long periods of times of something so trivial.
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2363 Posted: 17:20:29 04/03/2018
When I was younger, my issue with not being able to stay off dS was because I had a lot of friends here that I wasn’t able to maintain contact with offsite. Around the time I had to get my old account wiped, I already had a way to talk to everyone that mattered. Plus uhh safety > a bunch of random people I only talked to like once a month (character development™).
When I really think about it, a portion of the userbase is lonely kids and teens, right? They come here and meet other lonely kids and teens, form bonds and feel less alone (assuming their case was similar to mine). Attachments to the site most likely come from that. “Go outside and make some friends” seems like a solution to that, but are those friends meant to replace the online ones, thus curbing the addiction? I mean, online or no, it’s a friendship no matter what way you look at it. Rather they should just add their friends on, say, WhatsApp or Discord or something, both of which being far more convenient than a forum, and since it’s not rooted in a community, much more personal. Afaik no one’s all “LEAVING DISCORD FOREVER” or anything cuz it’s basically just texting or calling someone.
At this point I’ve babbled too long though, just my thoughts.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
#2364 Posted: 17:41:10 04/03/2018
ik it sounds horrible to say but ever since coming out of my shell and being more social at school i stopped talking to 99% of my internet friends. i have a habit of not talking to people but the more im involved IRL the harder it is to talk to someone i don't know in person. i believe internet friends are real friends but you aren't really living until you get real life friends.
---
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#2365 Posted: 23:28:39 04/03/2018
Quote: DeathOfADream

“Go outside and make some friends” seems like a solution to that, but are those friends meant to replace the online ones, thus curbing the addiction? I mean, online or no, it’s a friendship no matter what way you look at it.

Oh yeah, online friends are just as much friends as irl friends. I don't mean to like, replace your online friends and forget about them / move on from them. But like you said it might be nice to have those friends on a chat platform.
Like, go outside to not be addicted and get a real hobby so you're not so dependent on an internet forum as an adult, but still keeping in some contact with said friends on discord or texting or w/e is still good.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#2366 Posted: 04:52:23 05/03/2018
Social media addiction is a crazy thing! I have a kind of related experience. I'm on the Kid Icarus Amino (That's a long story...) and after being there for almost a year, it's only now hit me how out-of-control a cliquey, echo chambery bunch of young teenagers can be. Nobody reads the rules, and they spend their time bunched together in private chats, tuning out any source of reason or opinion opposite of their own. They start drama every weekend which would be solved super easily if they'd just contact a leader or keep the issue private, but nope... smilie I wish that some of them would just step away from their phones for a moment and realize they don't have to be that dependent on each other. Being in an environment like that is just perpetuating their self-esteem issues and lack of confidence, not fixing it. In some cases, it's made people turn into dramaholics that never were before.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#2367 Posted: 13:08:34 05/03/2018
ik it sounds horrible to say but ever since coming out of my shell and being more social at school i stopped talking to 99% of my internet friends. i have a habit of not talking to people but the more im involved IRL the harder it is to talk to someone i don't know in person. i believe internet friends are real friends but you aren't really living until you get real life friends.

Not everyone is likable enough to have irl friends
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#2368 Posted: 14:37:14 05/03/2018
Quote: 84skylanderdude

trust me a LOT of people dont like me in person. i think everyone is capable of getting a couple friends though. there is always someone out there you can relate to and isnt judgmental.
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#2369 Posted: 14:56:19 05/03/2018
I don't have a social media problem; I drop that stuff like a hat. Even when I have friends on there.

Now, when it comes to online games...
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#2370 Posted: 15:00:39 05/03/2018
Honestly, I love really hard games, I love Easy games, but I hate the middle.

I don't know why, but it's my preference

Like I love Kirby, I love Cuphead

I hate Sonic
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2371 Posted: 15:35:33 05/03/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Honestly, I love really hard games, I love Easy games, but I hate the middle.

I don't know why, but it's my preference

Like I love Kirby, I love Cuphead

I hate Sonic

im kinda the same except for hard
like i love easy and normal games, but overly hard games like cuphead or dark souls just seem so unnecessarily extra to me
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2372 Posted: 16:05:04 05/03/2018 | Topic Creator

Ever notice how the people who are on here the most and get affected the most are also self-proclaimed introverts who aren't very good at making friends IRL (or in some cases don't wanna bother trying)?

Being an introvert isn't a negative. I'm introverted. But it can also be a little damaging if you decide to not bother making any friends whatsoever. It makes you crave any human interaction you can get even if it means staying on a website that you claim to hate so much, to the point where you keep making new accounts because you asked for the old ones to be banned.

If you really think this place is ****ty, leave it and make those new friends in school or at college (which absolutely is better than high school, if the bad behavior of high school students is a deterrent for you) or at clubs. Don't call this place a ****hole and then stay here anyway. It's like complaining that a restaurant has horrible overcooked steaks, but you're still visiting weekly.
#2373 Posted: 02:53:55 06/03/2018
if you have to constantly remind other people what type of person you are, you are not that type of person
#2374 Posted: 05:05:03 06/03/2018
Quote: 84skylanderdude

trust me a LOT of people dont like me in person. i think everyone is capable of getting a couple friends though. there is always someone out there you can relate to and isnt judgmental.

you underestimate just how unlikable I am

if unlikableness were power I could take down a god
---
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#2375 Posted: 05:42:46 06/03/2018
^to the above users, I confess...

I pretty much like everybody on this website. there's no one I have a problem with, that's for sure! :-)
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2376 Posted: 14:50:34 06/03/2018
I want more movies like Shape of Water to win Oscars.

And no, KPK, not like it in THAT way, lol.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:50:48 06/03/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2377 Posted: 16:31:47 06/03/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I want more movies like Shape of Water to win Oscars.

And no, KPK, not like it in THAT way, lol.

furry romcom
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#2378 Posted: 01:02:41 07/03/2018
I feel like I'm starting to get out of touch with my real life friends because I'm so busy all the time, and it sucks, because there's no way I can change it until I graduate. I have to deal with 2 more months with a lack of personal social interaction because I can't even hang out properly with my friends anymore.

Word of advice, kiddos. It's good to get involved and strike the heart at opportunities given to you, but really understand your limit and what you want our of a day-to-day basis. A lot of people on this site are introverts, so you probably won't mind facing this problem...but for me? It feels like I'm in absolute hell right now! Sometimes when I think about it, I feel like throwing up, because I love my friends so dearly that I can't bear the thought of drifting apart from all of them because I'm the ones pushing them away.

Plus, you know, I'm starting to get to that point where I'm kinda burning out. It's a bummer. Not even my spring break this week is really a break, because the time I have to myself is the amount of time I have a normal basis.

Two more months!! TWO MORE MONTHS!!!!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#2379 Posted: 03:51:00 07/03/2018
^I’m getting out of touch with my irl friends too for similar reasons. I decided to take on a whole lot more than normal this year and it’s really biting me in the butt. I’ve never been good at keeping in touch with people and initiating conversation, even with friends, but it’s gotten a whole lot worse. Also, a lot of my friends are changing and turning into people I’m very uncomfortable being around, but it’s in that weird phase where I don’t wanna be around them yet they still kind of consider me a friend and I don’t even know how to gracefully cut out my friendships. All the more reason I’m looking forward to moving to college and leaving all my social mistakes behind...
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#2380 Posted: 12:48:41 07/03/2018
I'll be honest, I have this weird thing going on were I am torn between two friends

One's slightly annoying, but a fine person, the other is talking crap behind the others back, but if I unfriend him, then I'll lose all my other friends

But maybe, I just need some peace and quiet

That sounds nice for a day
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#2381 Posted: 15:54:55 07/03/2018
I'll be honest, I have this weird thing going on were I am torn between two friends

One's slightly annoying, but a fine person, the other is talking crap behind the others back, but if I unfriend him, then I'll lose all my other friends

But maybe, I just need some peace and quiet

That sounds nice for a day

If someone's not good for you, dump them like a trash can.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#2382 Posted: 20:55:38 09/03/2018
i hate how **** always has to be about race. like, shut up.
---
#2383 Posted: 01:32:46 10/03/2018
I want change.
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2384 Posted: 01:52:56 10/03/2018
i hate how **** always has to be about race. like, shut up.

Agreed tbh, idk why people put so much emphasis on it these days.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#2385 Posted: 05:01:17 10/03/2018
People praising Black Panther and upholding it as some cinema masterpiece and racial movement is getting old fast. Not to mention if you dare say anything bad about it, you're labeled as a racist because oh yeah i forgot, we should ignore everything in the movie like plot, characters, etc. as long as the main good guy is a minority, which makes the movie good.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#2386 Posted: 10:05:25 10/03/2018
this site will always hold a special place in my heart, regardless of all the stupid **** i've said
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#2387 Posted: 10:51:45 10/03/2018
Quote: whirlwind fan
this site will always hold a special place in my heart, regardless of all the stupid **** i've said

That's a nice confession. I too confess to this; this is a social hub quite unlike any other. smilie
#2388 Posted: 12:22:07 10/03/2018
Quote: DragonCamo
People praising Black Panther and upholding it as some cinema masterpiece and racial movement is getting old fast. Not to mention if you dare say anything bad about it, you're labeled as a racist because oh yeah i forgot, we should ignore everything in the movie like plot, characters, etc. as long as the main good guy is a minority, which makes the movie good.

I mean, I just like Black Panther because I like the movie
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#2389 Posted: 17:04:29 10/03/2018
Quote: DragonCamo

I mean, I just like Black Panther because I like the movie

and don't get me wrong, that's ok. The movie was ok. My problem is the people overglorifying it/liking it simply because the characters are all African.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#2390 Posted: 18:14:25 10/03/2018
overwatch league is a joke lmfao
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2391 Posted: 02:34:29 11/03/2018
I want the Spyro remakes to have a Skyro alt. skin.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#2392 Posted: 03:45:20 11/03/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I want the Spyro remakes to have a Skyro alt. skin.

I doubt they'd do that since they didn't for Crash, that and it'd piss people off.

but, if that were the case, it might make the idea more likely, because activision seems to ENJOY pissing people off.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#2393 Posted: 13:48:15 11/03/2018
I'd do that because it's just a goddamn alt skin that they'd be raging about, nothing obligatory; but yeah Acti wants risk free money.
---
#2394 Posted: 18:57:02 11/03/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Even if it isn't obligatory, I don't really think it belongs. :/ Same thing with Cynder or anything post-Year of The Dragon. It has nothing to do with salt, purely faithfulness.

I know it doesn't. It's more of that urge to get some revenge. Laughing for the rest of the day as people on twitter lose their **** that The Thing They Don't Like is in their favorite game and it won't go away no matter how much they throw a tantrum(when they can just, you know, not select that skin).

For the Spyro fans here, I'd never wish that to happen since it's development time that could go into something useful that we'd enjoy. But, if only.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:57:29 11/03/2018 by Bifrost
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#2395 Posted: 21:02:02 11/03/2018
Me, this entire spring break: I need to do this work before the break is over
My brain: Look, listen, buddy, amigo.... you've been working us to the bone these past few months. Give us a break

I just hope I'll be able to get back into the groove of things come Monday, but I haven't procrastinated this much in a long time. I don't like the feeling, but at the same time, it's good to just...finally have a break.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
First | Previous | Page 48 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me