Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 30 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#1451 Posted: 21:45:57 27/05/2017
I think that's because women are more expected to seek out a relationship, they're supposed to be mothers and homemakers. A woman still single after a certain age was often a source of mockery in the past.
Of course, guys rag on each other for not having a gf, but it's more about getting laid rather than having a relationship. A man who's escaped the shackles of marriage with a nagging wife and has casual sex freely is seen as a positive thing to a lot of men. Most women don't respect other women who don't pursue one and think of them as huge losers (or sluts if they have casual sex).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:18 27/05/2017 by Carmelita Fox
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1452 Posted: 22:07:47 27/05/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: Lunarz

same.

same.

Oh no, not this again.

same.
---
My life is complete.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1453 Posted: 00:00:32 28/05/2017
That last page made me confront a major character flaw of mine and I don't know how to deal with it...

I mean, I get what you guys are saying about love not being the be all, end all, but... I guess my issue is not knowing any other way to get happy in life. Idk what to do with myself sometimes.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1454 Posted: 01:30:30 28/05/2017
I still use the Harambe Meme,

What even is me
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1455 Posted: 02:07:39 28/05/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: TheToyNerd
That last page made me confront a major character flaw of mine and I don't know how to deal with it...

I mean, I get what you guys are saying about love not being the be all, end all, but... I guess my issue is not knowing any other way to get happy in life. Idk what to do with myself sometimes.

I once heard a piece of advice that went like this-

Be the person you need.

In other words: you gotta love yourself.

Forget about someone else loving you to bits if you don't even know yourself to bits. Don't live for that. Live for yourself, and see if you find someone who makes that even better. If you don't? You can still love yourself.

The problem just comes when I need one of two things: another opinion/criticism I can trust or some companionship (wether just to chat or do something together or for physical comfort). There is no substitute for these and friends are asleep the majority of my day, leaving me alone. But that's just me.

I don't know how to help people who really dislike themselves, though. I've never really gotten the opportunity to help someone else with that. But people who hate themselves and never try to change that? Bah! I hate that. If you met me in 2012 you would despise me! I was a horrible person and didn't even want to live for myself, or anything! I know that was years ago, and some major **** happened to change me... But you can at least try to change yourself, and even if you fail maybe you'll learn something or something will improve. Just maybe, no promise. I know it's not as simple as just flipping a switch, otherwise I wouldn't end up hating myself for my laziness and past sometimes, but if I never tried to change myself or my view on myself then I'd never get out of those slumps either.
... To be fair, there's many times I also wouldn't have done it without my friends and things are seemingly impossibly hard sometimes if you don't have anyone to talk with. But I mean if anyone is reading my rant I'm always open to try to help.

I guess my biggest issue is coping with my self-loathing in a way that doesn't annoy the **** out of everyone I talk to. I can't deal with the anxiety properly. Everyone either has to bend over backwards to calm me down, only for me to still complain about the same things or I just get the speil of "it's just growing pains". Idk what I'm going to...

I'm also guilty of not making much of an effort to better myself bc idk really. I'm just a retard sometimes. ****, this is depressing me... My life is a ****ing joke
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 8226
#1456 Posted: 18:00:38 28/05/2017
I feel like a lot of users try to be funny on dS, and while I do find some of them genuinely funny, most of them I can not for the life of me find them funny.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1457 Posted: 18:04:09 28/05/2017
Sometimes it's the only place you can try without getting eviscerated by rude users or cruelly ignored. I couldn't even think of a pun before I started actually trying to lighten up the mood here, since relatives and roomates are usually no fun when it comes to wordplay.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:33 28/05/2017 by Bifrost
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1458 Posted: 22:03:56 28/05/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I feel like a lot of users try to be funny on dS, and while I do find some of them genuinely funny, most of them I can not for the life of me find them funny.

A user like me, definitely
#1459 Posted: 22:29:48 28/05/2017

i try to be funny because i like to goof off and it feels good to make somebody laugh is that so wrong
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#1460 Posted: 22:33:18 28/05/2017
Quote: Carmelita Fox

i try to be funny because i like to goof off and it feels good to make somebody laugh is that so wrong

Seconded. You're bound to brighten someone else's day, wouldn't that make you feel a positive sensation?
---
BREATHE AIR.
#1461 Posted: 22:38:38 28/05/2017
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor

Seconded. You're bound to brighten someone else's day, wouldn't that make you feel a positive sensation?

My favorite joke on this entire website

Alydol:"Two egotistical idiots walk into a bar."
Carmelita:"Ouch, said Alydol, the stupid bar was in the way"
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#1462 Posted: 23:02:17 28/05/2017

Not me though, puns are always funny, right? Right?

Pls this is all I have
---
Soon.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#1463 Posted: 23:06:17 28/05/2017

I'm probably one of the not-funny ones. People say I have a "unique" (code word for strange) sense of humor.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#1464 Posted: 23:13:10 28/05/2017
i don't think HIHD meant any offense with his statement though — he just has a different sense of humor and that's alright
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:13:28 28/05/2017 by Carmelita Fox
#1465 Posted: 23:30:27 28/05/2017
i don't think HIHD meant any offense with his statement though — he just has a different sense of humor and that's alright

Well, there are certain users putting themselves in conversations for the sake of a joke and I can't say I like that lately, but it might've peppered my self-depreciation for a moment : P
---
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#1466 Posted: 23:34:54 28/05/2017
grugle grumble I'm such a sucker for cheesy things. I CANNOT contain my emotions when it happens. I was listening to the new holiday Epcot fireworks show, and it got to the part where they said "Everyone, everywhere joins together for the message of peace on Earth, and goodwill to all,"

and then you hear little kids singing Peace of Earth and there's this BIG orchestra and holy crap I'm just sitting here in my room crying like a little baby ITS NOT EVEN CHRISTMAS i just love and resonate with people across the world coming together and being friends and spreading love and joy. Cheesy, hopeful, happy things are my strawberry jam.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1467 Posted: 23:50:54 28/05/2017

I mean what else can you do on a sub forum made for silly nonsense? I'm also on the same boat but the thing is I know that others may find that joke funny and vice versa. I've seen users here who have been cheered up by jokes I find unfunny and that fact that simple letters on a screen can make up a say leaves me speechless.
#1468 Posted: 23:57:10 28/05/2017

Pls this is all I have

[User Posted Image]

Quote: somePerson

I mean what else can you do on a sub forum made for silly nonsense? I'm also on the same boat but the thing is I know that others may find that joke funny and vice versa. I've seen users here who have been cheered up by jokes I find unfunny and that fact that simple letters on a screen can make up a say leaves me speechless.

Oh I know. As Camilla said, it just doesn't appeal to my sense of humor. I mean some of those jokes can appeal tp mine, but at the same time it might be rather lazily thought out.

And I still like them even if they do not appeal to me humor wise.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1469 Posted: 23:58:37 28/05/2017

Pls this is all I have

[User Posted Image]

Quote: somePerson

Oh I know. As Camilla said, it just doesn't appeal to my sense of humor. I mean some of those jokes can appeal tp mine, but at the same time it might be rather lazily thought out.

And I still like them even if they do not appeal to me humor wise.

Is this funny

SPIDER RIP-TIRE
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1470 Posted: 23:58:46 28/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
A few years ago I'd say that's preposterous but a huge chunk of people at uni do exactly that.

But you know there's something wrong if I'm at middle school and can be as lazy as a high schooler.
---
Bruh
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#1471 Posted: 00:56:05 29/05/2017
I am an addict... and I don't have the answers to get better... So I think that the clock is ticking.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1472 Posted: 01:07:29 29/05/2017
i honestly never expected to be so consistently good with an ARMS character but i have forever accepted my fate as a mechanica main

might go competitive if it gets that far
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1473 Posted: 01:08:54 29/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Project_Unnamed
I am an addict... and I don't have the answers to get better... So I think that the clock is ticking.

There may be an organization or center in your area made to help you rather than punish you.

Try to seek out help. You can fight this.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1474 Posted: 01:15:08 29/05/2017
~IIIIII'mmmmm going to kiiiiilll himmmmm~
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#1475 Posted: 01:33:02 29/05/2017
Quote: CAV
Quote: Project_Unnamed

There may be an organization or center in your area made to help you rather than punish you.

Try to seek out help. You can fight this.

Tears are really coming from my eyes at the moment. I respect your concern over my well-being. I just think that I have an addiction but not problem... I can function professionally with people but in personal life, I have demons which seem to be too strong for me to handle. But thank you for your honest concern CAV, it really means much from a person who has enviable conviction to his actions especially when the decisions are about doing the right thing.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#1476 Posted: 06:09:25 29/05/2017
I miss gravity falls. i really really miss gravity falls to the point where id 100% be willing to fund a gravity falls continuation if i ever get rich ;-;
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1477 Posted: 06:26:00 29/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Sometimes it's the only place you can try without getting eviscerated by rude users or cruelly ignored. I couldn't even think of a pun before I started actually trying to lighten up the mood here, since relatives and roomates are usually no fun when it comes to wordplay.

<pretends not to care>

<feels paranoid that its about me>

<cares immensely>
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1478 Posted: 13:19:16 29/05/2017

Yeah, like that HIHD kid? What a poser.
#1479 Posted: 16:11:18 29/05/2017
Quote: Mesuxelf

Yeah, like that HIHD kid? What a poser.

Ah, yes, HIHD. I cringe every time I read his posts.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1480 Posted: 16:56:42 29/05/2017
I miss gravity falls. i really really miss gravity falls to the point where id 100% be willing to fund a gravity falls continuation if i ever get rich ;-;

It's better to leave them wanting more than to drag it on and let it get bad. Gravity Falls ended because the story concluded, furthering it would just be to grab cash. Iirc Disney tried to get Alex to continue it but he absolutely refused.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1481 Posted: 17:38:22 29/05/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude

It's better to leave them wanting more than to drag it on and let it get bad. Gravity Falls ended because the story concluded, furthering it would just be to grab cash. Iirc Disney tried to get Alex to continue it but he absolutely refused.

All Gravity Falls Fans after the show ended: "Pain is hilarious"
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1482 Posted: 23:11:30 30/05/2017
I seek revenge for the ones who make me become this. And yet everyone thinks i'm wrong and it's wrong, but I want them to make them pay.
#1483 Posted: 23:48:50 30/05/2017
As someone who's been on the recieving end of petty revenge for disagreeing with someone with REALLY THIN SKIN on the internet, language warning.

[User Posted Image]

"Revenge" is pointless unless the person actually needs to be sued or having the police called on, which is another matter entirely. Otherwise, you only have 4 outcomes to that:

1) The person ignores it;
2)The person doesn't care;
3)The person hits back twice as hard. If they're jerks enough to hurt you for no good reason(supposedly), they'll do it again. Harder, and harder, because they know it got a rise out of you. You will not keep up, in fact, this will destroy you. I stopped earlier than the destroying part but speaking from experience.
4)You're not actually going after someone who deserves a yelling at, and will harass an innocent person. Congrats, you're a monster, and possibly ruined their self-esteem if it's worse than yours. If it's arguing on the internet, you do not know who's on the other side of the screen, and yeah 9 times out of 10 you're being a huge **** for no reason because someone disagreed or said something offcolor.

This ain't videogames or romantic tales of vengeance. Real life doesn't get a triumphant victory and the person leaving you alone.

Wording is weird but my experiences are two. First one is bullying, second one is what I said at the start. Having panic issues is fun!
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:13:35 31/05/2017 by Bifrost
#1484 Posted: 00:16:18 31/05/2017
I want just want them to pay what they done to me... If they won't give me what i was happy back... they'll have to pay for it.
#1485 Posted: 00:20:19 31/05/2017
Learn to forgive. Goes a long way. It's not about admitting wrong or right, it's about going "god that sucked, but it's in the past" and moving on.
---
#1486 Posted: 00:26:06 31/05/2017
Forgive? They refuse to accept my apolegies, and refuse to give me my privilages back. I want to make them pay for it.
#1487 Posted: 00:34:05 31/05/2017
Quote: KeybasHedKey
Forgive? They refuse to accept my apolegies, and refuse to give me my privilages back. I want to make them pay for it.

Why are you apologizing to them?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1488 Posted: 00:40:20 31/05/2017
For the things i did but it has been a year already why won't accept my apolegies! If they won't accept it, they'll pay for it.
#1489 Posted: 00:42:51 31/05/2017
For the things i did but it has been a year already why won't accept my apolegies! If they won't accept it, they'll pay for it.

What did you do?

It might explain some things
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1490 Posted: 01:36:15 31/05/2017

k here's why youre wrong

you were an asshole apparently, you then apologized and you feel like purely because you apologized you deserve to be forgiven and if you arent youre going to physically hurt these people

youre trash lmao

that's like if someone raped my sister and then came to her and was like oh man sorry about raping you lol and then raped her again when she refused to accept the apology
---
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#1491 Posted: 01:50:02 31/05/2017
that's like if someone raped my sister and then came to her and was like oh man sorry about raping you lol and then raped her again when she refused to accept the apology

that is such a stupid comparison
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#1492 Posted: 02:08:13 31/05/2017
Admit it Lunarz you truely hate me.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1493 Posted: 02:10:30 31/05/2017 | Topic Creator
I want just want them to pay what they done to me... If they won't give me what i was happy back... they'll have to pay for it.

Ok John Wick.
#1494 Posted: 02:16:27 31/05/2017
Stop taking me as a joke for **** sake.
#1495 Posted: 02:19:31 31/05/2017
your life isn't some sort of epic video game, stop talking about revenge all the time.
#1496 Posted: 02:25:32 31/05/2017
Revenge has happend in real life you know.
#1497 Posted: 02:26:27 31/05/2017
Revenge has happend in real life you know.

Get actual psychological help, please...
#1498 Posted: 02:28:11 31/05/2017
I refuse to do so...

Everyone in this forum treats me like a piece of garbage.
First | Previous | Page 30 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me