Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Least Favorite Level Topic
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 02:20:19 23/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Making 'cause why not. What's your least favorite Skylanders level and why?

I'll start, I guess.

Bandit Train from Superchargers. Because it's absolutely pointless. Mags just gets kidnapped by pirates on a train because... plot. There is no reason at all for this level to exist other than the devs couldn't think of a better level and they needed twelve for some reason. And what's worse is that it's the only level in the game without a SINGLE vehicle section. I know the vehicle sections do break up the pace, but I think the level would've been much cooler if we were chasing the Sky Train in our vehicles.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 02:33:36 23/09/2016
To its defense, the level was horribly cut up. It's supposed to be a ghost ship for starters, just look at the artwork and the door designs; and it feels like it was supposed to come much earlier in the game as the block engine puzzle is introduced waaay before with clear intent to prepare you for it.
Not much can defend the horrible plataforming sections tho. How about you don't throw every difficulty spike at once(+darkness in dailies),VV, when several characters have odd jump arcs.

For me, many levels can have unskippable scenes, stupid plots or mechanics that don't work, but my least favorite stays Arkeyan Armory. Short af, the robot section is soo hard to come back to after Giants fixed all of its issues, and it's the most underwhelming Source - just trapped under some floor, beat 3 duos of Arkeyan Hammahs, a stupid ambush from Ultrons, and proceed to checklist screen. Wait what? The final one and it ends like that? Should've swapped places with Quicksilver Vault, which has such a great buildup to the end.
Dishonourable mention is Rodeapocalypse Demo Derby. You know it, I know it. Its only salvation is the Skystones tournament because the vehicle section is either snore-inducingly easy or stupid hard because everything kills you in one hit in Nightmare after the hard-to-see flunkies have softened you up.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#3 Posted: 05:02:12 23/09/2016
You made a mistake. It isn't the only level without a vehicle zone. BattleBrawl Island is another level without any vehicle zones.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#4 Posted: 09:30:29 23/09/2016
Captain Cluck's Headquarters. I just lost it with the stupidity here. I can't stand the absurdity of the corn kernels, giant chicken, rolling over-blown hens into vacuum tubes with a vehicle. WHY??
---
Any last wishes?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#5 Posted: 09:54:08 23/09/2016
I vote Ridepocalypse Demo Derby. Nothing fun or outstanding about the level, the music is depressing. I don't hate vehicle sections, but a level based mostly on vehicle combat is meh.
---
bye
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 10:11:41 23/09/2016
Land of the Undead, probably. The gimmick was annoying and they SEVERELY misused the Indead Theme
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#7 Posted: 11:30:11 23/09/2016
Dragon's Peak - Just because of the ending. Builds up a battle with Vathek and then he just... gets turned to stone. The end. Other than that, the level was good, but that ending ruined it all for me. I hear it's different in the 3DS versions, though I haven't played any of those.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#8 Posted: 13:46:56 23/09/2016
Either Ridepocalypse or Golden Desert. Ridepocalypse has nothing besides a vehicle section because "OVER-THE-TOP VEHICLE FANTASIEZ" and Golden Desert because to me it just feels soooooo slow compared to other levels. Especially the chompy worm parts.
#9 Posted: 13:57:19 23/09/2016
The chompy worm sections can be quick though? You can shoot it at any time it's out even if it's far away(the cacti also bounce off of anything), and only the second one has obligatory parts of shooting Bomb Shells.
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#10 Posted: 23:29:40 23/09/2016
Monster Marsh from TT. Mainly because:
-Eye Scream
-Swamp level
-Just forgettable in general

I actually liked Ridepocalypse, probably because the music captured the whole "apocalypse" feel.
---
Soon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11 Posted: 03:37:25 06/10/2016
Gadfly Glades speaks to me
ShadowThePika Red Sparx Gems: 57
#12 Posted: 13:17:31 17/10/2016
I'll have to think of more down the line, but for now it's absolutely Skyhighlands. Forced shooting, so much padding and Skystones. it's the same thing three times in a row, it's boring and uninspired. A level in the sky... in SKYLANDS.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#13 Posted: 14:28:48 18/10/2016
Winter Keep. It's sooooooooooo boring.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#14 Posted: 14:41:57 18/10/2016
Quote: ShadowThePika
I'll have to think of more down the line, but for now it's absolutely Skyhighlands. Forced shooting, so much padding and Skystones. it's the same thing three times in a row, it's boring and uninspired. A level in the sky... in SKYLANDS.

Dunno how many geode building themed levels you have seen to call it uninspired. Gameplay wise it's meh, but it looks great.

(also what are yoh expecting in Skylanders other than levels in the sky, this one is just several altitudes above the usual which is why geodes apparently)
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#15 Posted: 23:34:59 18/10/2016
Yeah, quite meh especially after the three previous levels which are very good IMO.
---
bye
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#16 Posted: 00:44:39 19/10/2016
Golden Desert
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me