Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What's the most USELESS Skylander ever?
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#1 Posted: 15:35:20 16/09/2016 | Topic Creator
I need to know this.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#2 Posted: 17:01:04 16/09/2016
For me it's Sprocket. I just don't like how she plays at all and I'm just terrible with her. She's rather useless whenever I try her and she dies too quickly.
---
Stay Cool!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 17:23:56 16/09/2016
Your answer will greatly depend on the situation. Many characters only shine in certain situations. Is it co-op? Are you playing with a melee friend? What kind of enemies are you fighting?

For example, Shroomboom and Prism Break are terrible solo, but when my son plays Chop-chop with me I can tear stuff up.

I tend to look at it like this: who is more fun to play? The game is not hard enough to require min/maxing your output. Sometimes a fun character might be more rewarding than another one that could shred the bad guys. How much fun is it to play in easy mode all the time?
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#4 Posted: 17:54:56 16/09/2016
It's Hot Head for me. His attacks are too slow and I don't feel like they do any good at all. I barely use him because of this. There could be someone I think is worse than him, but I can't think right now.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:20 16/09/2016 by Spyro Lover122
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#5 Posted: 17:59:17 16/09/2016
Shroom Boom and Warnado to an extent. Warnado is fun but I just can't get the hang of him.
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#6 Posted: 18:27:12 16/09/2016
I'd say Slam Bam as only one of his attacks, his main melee combos, is useable in battle. His secondary attack, Ice Prison, works only on smaller ennemies and is too difficult to aim, and his third attack, the Ice Slide, is too slow and last for only a few seconds. So you end up using only his combos.
Sure they are rather good but we already have plenty of melee Skylanders with great combos and better secondary/tertiary attacks (Voodood, Terrafin, Stump Smash, etc...).
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#7 Posted: 19:21:25 16/09/2016
Super chargers Fiesta just sux.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#8 Posted: 19:28:58 16/09/2016
Quote: Fireworks
I'd say Slam Bam as only one of his attacks, his main melee combos, is useable in battle. His secondary attack, Ice Prison, works only on smaller ennemies and is too difficult to aim, and his third attack, the Ice Slide, is too slow and last for only a few seconds. So you end up using only his combos.
Sure they are rather good but we already have plenty of melee Skylanders with great combos and better secondary/tertiary attacks (Voodood, Terrafin, Stump Smash, etc...).

IIRC, his tertiary attack doesn't even do any damage unless he has his Wow Pow.

So yeah, Slam Bam is probably the most useless.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 00:49:14 17/09/2016
R I P T I D E
R
I
P
T
I
D
E
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#10 Posted: 01:00:59 17/09/2016
I agree with Sprocket.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#11 Posted: 01:08:26 17/09/2016
I'd probably say Food Fight. He has an interesting concept, but it just doesn't work well in actual gameplay.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#12 Posted: 01:55:04 17/09/2016
Blastermind in single player is useless IMO, but in co-op he is useful with his psychic powers and stuff while the other player takes care of dealing actual damage to the enemies when they are incapacitated.

Quote: Drawdler
[...] Tuff Luck (just a garbage character [...]

:'(
---
bye
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 03:11:07 17/09/2016
another one of my hated ones- hot head.

he looks bad, and his base attacks are really weak. his more powerful attacks don't come until late down the paths and his soul gem is hard to use because it requires so many buttons to be pressed at once. Plus his light-up feature is underwhelming.
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#14 Posted: 05:16:41 17/09/2016
I always played quite well with Hot Head. I haven't played him since Giants (and maybe a couple times in Trap Team's Kaos Doom Challenge), so maybe I'm "out of touch" with his gameplay now.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#15 Posted: 05:49:31 17/09/2016
I seriously love all of my Sklyanders so much that I can't figure out who is my most worthless Skylander. If I had no choice to choose one, I'd go with smilie. His animal summoning ability is while cool, really don't help him stand out all that well. In fact his ability to summon animals is literally his only unique idea that stands out. His biggest flaw is that his moveset was all coordinated on that one tactic. He literally plays this one trick only modifies the attack. Even other guys mentioned here like smilie at least did use his moves differently. Zoo Lou just doesn't have much going for him and worse of all he had to be competing with the legend of never judge a book by its cover champs smilie. I rest my case on my observation here.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:50:06 17/09/2016 by GhostRoaster617
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#16 Posted: 12:27:22 17/09/2016
EVERYONE NEEDS TO REALIZE RIPTIDE IS AN AMAZING CHARACTER.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#17 Posted: 17:54:07 17/09/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
EVERYONE NEEDS TO REALIZE RIPTIDE IS AN AMAZING CHARACTER.

I think he's OK until you choose a path for him, but after that you'll probably start wanting to use either his Swordfish or Hammerhead attacks more often because of their upgrades, making the other weapon much less useful. And his whale can't hit enemies directly in front of him IIRC and doesn't do much more damage compared to his upgraded swords, also making it less useful. It's best use is for crowd control, which his other attacks aren't good at. However, he at least has more than one useful attack, so at least that doesn't make him the most useless.

Everything that Riptide tries to do is done better by Pop Thorn (changing attack styles) and Flip Wreck (varied fighter).

I think the ability to have both upgrade paths at once (like the Senseis supposedly will) would make him more useful, though. Having more differences between his weapons like Pop Fizz did would also help.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:56:07 17/09/2016 by AmbushFan
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#18 Posted: 21:08:39 17/09/2016
I actually like Riptide and Sprocket, and I don't see how Wildfire is weak (except maybe SSC). May be favouritism talking though.
I'd go with Ka-Boom. He just can't do enough damage (even in TT) to stay alive.
I like all the Skylanders and none are truly bad if you use them right.
---
Soon.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#19 Posted: 22:43:34 17/09/2016
Most useless Skylander!?
*immediately thinks of Drill Sergeant
He is WAYYY ti weak, no matter which path you choose. His rapid-fire cannon is pathetic, his rockets aren't fast or powerful enough, and his drill only puts him in a bad situation since it's never powerful enough to kill anything other than a chompy.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#20 Posted: 07:58:23 18/09/2016
Scorp is the worst and most useless ever
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#21 Posted: 09:15:53 18/09/2016
Quote: defpally
Your answer will greatly depend on the situation. Many characters only shine in certain situations. Is it co-op? Are you playing with a melee friend? What kind of enemies are you fighting?

For example, Shroomboom and Prism Break are terrible solo, but when my son plays Chop-chop with me I can tear stuff up.

I tend to look at it like this: who is more fun to play? The game is not hard enough to require min/maxing your output. Sometimes a fun character might be more rewarding than another one that could shred the bad guys. How much fun is it to play in easy mode all the time?

i think we should stick to solo only since most people play the game solo. then next there is the stats on each character that must be compared, and moves and weapons effective... it will be a humongous task to go through all the figures(including legendary etc) from ssa to ssc. but it can be done...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:16:32 18/09/2016 by CountMoneyBone
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#22 Posted: 10:36:16 18/09/2016
Lava Lance Eruptor. I barely even played with him because of how boring and bad he is.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#23 Posted: 11:35:02 18/09/2016
Sprocket is the only figure I've ever regretted buying. I had to put her in a box, she's just such a useless character AND terrible design IMO.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#24 Posted: 12:52:30 18/09/2016
There are no bad Skylanders, IMO. Only characters that aren't conducive to your play style. That being said, **** Kaboom and **** Lightning Rod!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#25 Posted: 14:55:51 18/09/2016
Aside from being the proud founding member of the "Sprocket Sucks" club smilie , I agree with other people here and their choices as well. I assume many of them could be deemed "better" with patience and understanding and in a proper setting but really they are quite out of place in a solo Skylanders game. You basically need a pretty strong character that can do a bit of damage fast and not be so squishy. I cannot really say that apples to any character mentioned in this tread as they all seem more assist based.

Hex is a perfect example. She requires a lot of skill to keep baddies away from her or she will get overpowered and quickly killed. I cannot use her bone wall skill well at all and some enemies will tear right though or walk around it. I pray that my projectiles will be enough as if the baddies comes too close, then she's surely done for. She has a lot of trouble at the higher levels where the mobs are tougher and faster. What's worse is that I cannot ever get her extremely slow to charge up magic spell to cast and be effective. She's one of those characters which you really do need a tank for to really enjoy using her deeper into the games.

Sprocket on the other hand really takes the cake for me as she sucks right away even on the easy stages! She takes forever to build a weapon and then you can barely do anything with it as the baddies are already on top of her taking out her spleen for lunch. The turret is fixed (usually in the worst spot possible) and the tank is so freaking slow. It's not like you have any chance at killing any body. She's probably better if you "get gud" at using her, but she ends up being just too frustrating for me to even want to bother. And honestly she's already hated by me right from the start as in my eyes she qualifies as the most ugliest (female) Skylander. I hate her metallic skin so much as it gives me the creaps really bad.
---
Stay Cool!
Flaccid Hot Dog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3362
#26 Posted: 20:08:34 18/09/2016
Boomer because he is ugly.

Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#27 Posted: 20:31:05 18/09/2016
let's see... my least favorite is Warnado because how difficult he is to use,
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#28 Posted: 21:37:18 18/09/2016
Quote: Barrysun
let's see... my least favorite is Warnado because how difficult he is to use,

Warnado?
Hard to use!?
Try using Star Strike or Fiesta and get back to me
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#29 Posted: 21:38:35 18/09/2016
Funny Bone.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#30 Posted: 22:05:25 18/09/2016
Grim Creaper
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#31 Posted: 00:16:26 19/09/2016
Nightfall.

Although, most characters who have no long-ranged attacks are pretty incompetent in hard and nightmare mode.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#32 Posted: 00:20:57 19/09/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan
Nightfall.

Although, most characters who have no long-ranged attacks are pretty incompetent in hard and nightmare mode.

Dread Head path says hi. She definately has horribly low DPS, but wow, the upgraded Ambrush attack is so cheap and lasts for so long. If you want to play long game against a boss, she's definately the person for it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:05:28 19/09/2016 by Bifrost
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#33 Posted: 00:58:38 19/09/2016
Quote: fairyland
For me it's Sprocket. I just don't like how she plays at all and I'm just terrible with her. She's rather useless whenever I try her and she dies too quickly.

How dare you!!!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#34 Posted: 09:20:25 19/09/2016
Wow, I'm surprised at all the Sprocket hate. She was one of my favorites from Giants. I guess she fit my gameplay style. I like hit-and run. On the operator path, dropping three land mines as you run past enemies does plenty of damage. From a distance, you can set up two gun turrets to fight for you, and her wrench-singing combo is good melee. Landmine golf is fun, too. And she can drive a tank!

Nearly all skylanders are good if you give them a chance. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

The bottom of my list is Wrecking Ball. I've tried to give him a chance a few times, I just can't stand the way he plays.
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:22:04 19/09/2016 by Wishblade
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#35 Posted: 09:59:58 19/09/2016
Most people's answers seem to be whichever Skylander least suits their preferred playstyle.

I wonder if there's a way to determine which Skylander of a particular playstyle is the least effective? (e.g. out of all the high-dps long range attackers, who is weakest?)
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#36 Posted: 21:07:28 19/09/2016
head rush
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#37 Posted: 23:38:12 19/09/2016
All previously mentioned: Warnado, Boomer, Funny Bone and Grim Creeper are among the most useless/non fun to play skylander ever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:04 19/09/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#38 Posted: 11:27:45 20/09/2016
Funny Bone... I just can't play him for some reason..
He cute tho and I luv him, so please leave this poor puppy alone.
---
i am trash
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#39 Posted: 20:47:37 20/09/2016
I have to say Warnado, his attacks are fun but its just so hard to give damage, his slow speed doesn't help either.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#40 Posted: 23:56:18 23/09/2016
The ranged attack Skylanders seem to work a tad better then the melee,s.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#41 Posted: 22:42:22 01/11/2016
Quote: Snap Shot
Grim Creaper

What are you talking about? O.O

I love Grim Creeper. Not only I love his design, but I also consider him a good melee fighter with an original twist.

Melee characters require more strategy when used, IMO. It's not the same than being bad. I've never had any problem using my close combat skylanders in hard and/or legendary mode, it's all about how you play.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#42 Posted: 23:09:51 01/11/2016
Voodood and Fright Rider: Can't stand them in playstyle
Fire Kraken and Rip Tide: Can't stand them in design nor damage numbers
Enigma: I was all hyped for him, loved his design, but I despise his playstyle in terms of numbers.

Overall: Tuff Luck. Hate the playstyle, low damage numbers for attack speed.

Ironically, a lot of the characters that others have stated are some of my favorites, being especially true with Shroomboom, Hot Head, Prism Break, Drill Sergeant, and Wrecking Ball. Alongside this, most of the others mentioned I don't despise at all either.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#43 Posted: 00:21:12 02/11/2016
Lightning Rod sucks. I never cared for his gameplay at all.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#44 Posted: 08:19:24 02/11/2016
As much as I like his design, Blades was very dissapointing. His combo is slow, his aerial ranged attach is useless and difficult to perform and the tornado has weird maneuravility. I was so dissapointed with him that I didn't even try the other path.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
BlackandTan Gold Sparx Gems: 2588
#45 Posted: 18:01:47 02/11/2016
I really liked Funny Bones for the Kaos challenges, just leave some bone paws at the front of each portal. I do regret the path I chose for him, but since I switched to Xbox one - I can only pay Imaginators
---
Can't wait for Imaginators!!!
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#46 Posted: 18:53:47 02/11/2016 | Topic Creator
You can only pay Imaginators...?
HOLY **** ACTIVISION IS MORE GREEDY THAN WE THOUGHT
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me