Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Lightseekers - Awakening
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#201 Posted: 21:45:38 05/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
..Ugh. I kinda thought Elara and Ironbark would look A LITTLE better as figures, but god this is a boring lineup. Only Kora and Bouder actually break from the thin huge limbed hero standard.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes these characters. The only thing worse IMO is thin, SPINDLY limbed heroes.

I went to Wal-Mart to see if they had anything stocked up as far as Lightseekers go, but doesn't look like they do yet. Guess it's still too early.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#202 Posted: 22:13:36 05/05/2017
I don't have a problem with it, my problem is when EVERY character is that. Give me more chunky characters like Boulder, or smol like Kora; or use other styles like top-heavy, extra/missing/weirdly shaped limbs, etc. The issue with these characters is that they feel too much like Max Steel figures, even if high quality.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:48 05/05/2017 by Bifrost
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#203 Posted: 03:37:31 06/05/2017
Yeah my opiniions still stand firm. Ironbark and Kora are great, but Elara is so ugh boring. She looks ever so slightly less boring in figure form, but who honestly wants to bet she will sadly be the worst selling of the six. I mean given the choices of teched out dinosaur, cool aqua girl, giant golem, edgy dark thief and pirate captain smilie Groot, little eskimo Mei really doesn't stand a chance against the others.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#204 Posted: 05:26:18 06/05/2017
I wish they would've put more emphasis on higher quality figures, they look cheap for their price.
The 2D artwork is beautiful though. With the whole vibe they're going for I'm surprised they didn't go the tabletop miniature game route instead.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#205 Posted: 07:58:36 06/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
I don't have a problem with it, my problem is when EVERY character is that. Give me more chunky characters like Boulder, or smol like Kora; or use other styles like top-heavy, extra/missing/weirdly shaped limbs, etc. The issue with these characters is that they feel too much like Max Steel figures, even if high quality.

I'm probably alone, but I'd love a token fat character. I feel like I'm one of the only people who likes those wide, bulky characters, but I'd buy one ASAP if it had the right design.
#206 Posted: 10:17:36 06/05/2017
Honestly characters with socially flawed concepts like fat isn't so bad Mugo. You are not alone aas it would help give more variety to heroes than just everyone being picture perfect icons. Remember heroism is measured with actions of a hero not how the hero looks or dresses. This is why Skylanders like smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie and plenty more where thast came from intrigued me so much. It was amazing to see so many figures of characters that looked like NPC's or enemies are playable.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#207 Posted: 15:51:57 07/05/2017
https://www.amazon.com/Lightse...ds=Lightseekers

Please tell me that price is a joke. I hope that's not what they plan on selling these sets for in stores, because I wouldn't pay that much for a set even if the game was amazing, let alone as average as it is. The game kind of reminds me of Arcane Legends for the Kindle especially with the general gameplay and the pet system, except Arcane Legends (at least IMO) is better overall.

Quote: GhostRoaster617
Honestly characters with socially flawed concepts like fat isn't so bad Mugo. You are not alone aas it would help give more variety to heroes than just everyone being picture perfect icons. Remember heroism is measured with actions of a hero not how the hero looks or dresses. This is why Skylanders like smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie and plenty more where thast came from intrigued me so much. It was amazing to see so many figures of characters that looked like NPC's or enemies are playable.

Yeah, but it still kind of pains me that King Pen is the closest thing to a fat Skylander, and they made him a pack-in. I understand why they didn't have one as making a fat Skylander would have been risky, but still. (Gusto is just wide-chested, he's not really fat.)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:54:09 07/05/2017 by MugoUrth
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#208 Posted: 19:06:46 07/05/2017
I mean, it's a giant action figure with lights and sounds that connects via Bluetooth to a video game... Don't expect them to be cheap, lol.
#209 Posted: 20:26:59 07/05/2017
That price though is quite unpleasant. If they were maybe $20 or even $30 tops would have been better than bloody $70. I mean that is the price for a Skylanders Starter Pack and these aren't even essential to play the game. What were they thinking!?
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#210 Posted: 20:35:41 07/05/2017
The moment people realize "oh hey, these two guys I can already play as in the game without spending 70 bucks"... Yeah, kinda shot themselves in the foot with that decision.
Or imagine if someone bought the figures first and THEN realized they weren't essential, they'd probably feel ripped off.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#211 Posted: 20:36:04 07/05/2017
That price though is quite unpleasant. If they were maybe $20 or even $30 tops would have been better than bloody $70. I mean that is the price for a Skylanders Starter Pack and these aren't even essential to play the game. What were they thinking!?

These are Starter Packs, though... They have a character, a weapon, some cards and a USB Charger. Not to mention the literal mini computer that can be updated through wireless updates.

Not all characters will be sold like this btw.
#212 Posted: 06:06:57 08/05/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

These are Starter Packs, though... They have a character, a weapon, some cards and a USB Charger. Not to mention the literal mini computer that can be updated through wireless updates.

Still feels like a pretty bad start for the figures. Wait there will be other ways to get them? I never heard there would be other ways to get them. Thank you for that piece of information and hope that means there will be a cheaper method someday.
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#213 Posted: 07:42:42 08/05/2017
The actual game is pretty fleshed out and enjoyable if you can stomach the fetchquest MMO formula.
I just wish they'd add quality of life things like showing quantified quest progress (ex. kill 5 guys - 1/5), showing more than one objective on the screen at once (especially since you pick them up in bundles), or showing a sub-area name on the screen.

Though I'm a little confused at some game mechanics that haven't been explained, like how to use of lightstones (do they work just by being in my bag or is there an equip function?).

Edit: They added the daily bonus in an update!
---
#all Spyros are valid
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:27 09/05/2017 by Okaps
#214 Posted: 10:55:52 08/05/2017

Still feels like a pretty bad start for the figures. Wait there will be other ways to get them? I never heard there would be other ways to get them. Thank you for that piece of information and hope that means there will be a cheaper method someday.

Yeah, I believe Kora and Jax are the only ones to get these Starter Packs. The others might get Starters too, but PlayFusion has plans to release them separately of these Starter Packs
#215 Posted: 16:45:06 08/05/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Well damn, too frugal to even buy one figure now... I mean, come on, I'd rather buy JoJo figures for this price. I woulda paid $20 at the absolute most for Jax's figure and the weapons only interest me enough to pay $5 or so for each of them. I'm not interested in the game at all, so the tech inside, while it explains the price, doesn't justify it for me. I also haven't been a fan of cardgames after I stopped collecting Pokémon cards, like, a decade ago, so the cards would really just go in my trashbin.

I know I sound really harsh, but damn, that price is really harsh.

No you are indeed have every reason to feel this way. With the game where the figures aren't essential, not many of these tobegin with and that the price is that high in the beggining is definitely worth being upset about. Let's just hope it's true that there will be other methods to get these figures.
---
#216 Posted: 18:38:02 12/05/2017
Looks like the Daily Reward and the intro's been implemented now.
#217 Posted: 10:34:36 05/07/2017
This game's been getting constant updates, but... have the updates really added anything? Personally the only update I really care all that much about is an update that would make the game playable offline. I see no reason a game with no interaction between anyone in real life needs to be played online.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#218 Posted: 11:00:32 05/07/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
This game's been getting constant updates, but... have the updates really added anything? Personally the only update I really care all that much about is an update that would make the game playable offline. I see no reason a game with no interaction between anyone in real life needs to be played online.

I agree with sentiment I've bolded, but I think it's particularly egregious of a game that's got a rather high entry fee in a market that's sadly declining. If the Lightseekers' servers go down, it's not like with any other Toys to Life brand that I can play without needing to patch them. Fingers crossed they patch in offline capability before it dies, whenever that is. Hopefully not in the near future.

I'm a bit late to this thread so I'll sum up how I feel about it: I'd give it a shot if it were on PC. I don't have a mobile good enough to play the games, and I'm not particularly fond of playing games like this on smaller screen. Maybe if I had a cheap tablet and a pre-owned copy of the starter pack I'd enjoy it. Even though I'm a Skylanders fan I wish it no ill will, as it's a cool concept and I have to admire the things it says it does better (i.e talking, poseable figures, etc.) smilie

EDIT: Might've helped if you actually put that part in bold, John.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:01:13 05/07/2017 by Johnbonne
#219 Posted: 14:39:29 05/07/2017
As someone who's been playing since the beginning, I have to say the updates are actually changing the game for the better. Battles go by a lot more quickly and they're LOADS more enjoyable as a result. Plus, everything has way more animation too.

PlayFusion is listening to its player base and fixing the flaws
#220 Posted: 10:44:40 06/07/2017
As someone who's been playing since the beginning, I have to say the updates are actually changing the game for the better. Battles go by a lot more quickly and they're LOADS more enjoyable as a result. Plus, everything has way more animation too.

PlayFusion is listening to its player base and fixing the flaws

I dunno...

I do like the new combo system, but I almost feel like the graphics are more sluggish than they used to be.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me