Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Lightseekers - Awakening
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#151 Posted: 19:37:03 16/03/2017
[User Posted Image]

Since everyone here likes Tenebra, here's a good look at her card. Seems like she's the safest of the Dread heroes along with The Undying, everyone else hurts themselves in some way.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:37:42 16/03/2017 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#152 Posted: 15:30:35 19/03/2017
Two things!

1) Look at these arts! Gives us the names of some of the Mountain Heroes, too!

2) Apparently the cards are being sent out to backers (like me) very very soon... Like, end of the month soon. So look forward to my showcase on that when that arrives!
#153 Posted: 15:43:25 19/03/2017
Oh man, I always forget to look for this stuff in Artstation and Behance. Is it me or Mako, Everok and Astari are early species names? Unless they're just the artists' nicknames.

Can't wait for the card reveals.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:45:36 19/03/2017 by Bifrost
#154 Posted: 12:04:46 01/04/2017

Bumpity bump! Lightseekers got its first commercial, you guys. Pretty typical stuff, but it's certainly nice to see the train moving along quite nicely.
#155 Posted: 03:55:08 09/04/2017
MAJOR BUMP FOR TRADING CARDS!!!

[User Posted Image]

I've been pretty busy all so I was only able to open a few of the Starter Decks. I'm not gonna show off everything I've got right now but I will say that there's a LOT of stuff per Starter Deck. The art is fantastic as well!

[User Posted Image]

Here are a few of my favorite cards so far:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#156 Posted: 03:58:11 09/04/2017
Nice! Can't wait to see more.
---
#157 Posted: 04:09:16 09/04/2017
Yeah. I'll also, hopefully play it at some point too. One note I'll make is that, unlike Battlecast, the Starter Decks are fixed. You get the same Heros, Attack, Buffs and Combos with each respective pack.. They do come with a Booster Pack too, though, so there is a little variety if you want to play with the same Order.
#158 Posted: 18:31:23 26/04/2017
https://twitter.com/_lightseek...293249844793345
[User Posted Image]

NEW HEROES REVEAL INCOMING THIS FRIDAY!

Also, Open Access for the Lightseekers Game and the TCG Launch are coming on May 1st! Get hyped my dudes!
#159 Posted: 16:10:38 28/04/2017
[User Posted Image]

eeeeehhhh
---
#160 Posted: 16:32:26 28/04/2017
Dread guy looks like a Mortal Kombat character. Instantly, I like him now
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#161 Posted: 18:18:05 28/04/2017
OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM

edit-

names confirmed to be Zyrus for the dread guy, and Boulder for the mountain guy.

....mountain.

he looks great, but...

why.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:09:25 29/04/2017 by ZapNorris
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#162 Posted: 19:33:20 29/04/2017
Because why not. Either way I want them both when they release in toy form
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#163 Posted: 21:43:49 29/04/2017
When Nature confirms their Lightseeker, I hope it's that insect guy on the side of the Nature starter deck. He looks like he would be a totally boss character to play as and I hope Xenith becomes a figure some day. Scythes for the win.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#164 Posted: 02:26:51 30/04/2017
should i buy the card game? is it good?

i'm sure as hell buying the Jax starter but other than that idk. Boulder when he comes out and any bug guys sure but
#165 Posted: 03:24:00 30/04/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
should i buy the card game? is it good?

i'm sure as hell buying the Jax starter but other than that idk. Boulder when he comes out and any bug guys sure but

I love the cards myself. Unfortunately haven't had much play time with the game itself, but the matches I have played were pretty fun. If you have a friend who's into card games, def give it a shot and buy a few Starter Decks
#166 Posted: 16:54:12 01/05/2017
HAPPY (Soft) LAUNCH DAY EVERYBODY

[User Posted Image]

Lightseekers is now available to download on the ITunes, Google Play and Android app stores! In addition, you are currently able to preorder the first wave of figures and accessories on Amazon.com (Toys R Us is being dumb and releasing all the cards and figure preorders tomorrow).

Starter Packs

Weapon Packs

Flight Packs

TCG Starter Decks

TCG Super Booster Set (Don't buy individual Boosters on Amazon, they're resellers)
#167 Posted: 16:56:34 01/05/2017
UK, Canada and US only, keep in mind. Other countries will have acess as the preorders appear for them as well.
---
#168 Posted: 17:39:12 01/05/2017
well. i guess i'll download it!
#169 Posted: 18:02:55 01/05/2017
Oh by the way, I've been holding onto this forever... I've found out all the potential figures and accessories through the card list right on the app. Don't know whether you want me to spoil any of it or not
#170 Posted: 18:11:43 01/05/2017
Crow said the Closed Beta stuff is still under NDA, not sure if you should :U
---
#171 Posted: 18:29:03 01/05/2017
Don't know if it'd count, though. It's on the full card list out in the open. It's quite easy to figure out what cards will get made into figures and what figures won't.
#172 Posted: 19:17:22 01/05/2017
Well, your choice, I'm itching to know but you can always ask in the forums.
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#173 Posted: 22:09:30 01/05/2017
I'd love to play this, but unfortunately I only have a Kindle. I haven't checked to see if it's playable on one or not yet, but the Kindle seems to get shafted a lot in the games department.
#174 Posted: 22:37:32 01/05/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
I'd love to play this, but unfortunately I only have a Kindle. I haven't checked to see if it's playable on one or not yet, but the Kindle seems to get shafted a lot in the games department.

[User Posted Image]

Here's the Compatibility Chart. It does support Kindles, btw.
#175 Posted: 22:40:45 01/05/2017
downloading right now
#176 Posted: 00:22:06 02/05/2017
Too early to make a list, but I will still make my list on the top elements in Lightseekers based around the heroes that each element has and the potential each element has.

1. Nature - Oddly enough has the most interesting heroes and creatures that I have seen based on art and the few cards I have seen.
2. Dread - Already has a great start with the many heroes we have seen glimpses of and the latest announced hero.
3. Mountain - Has quite a few interesting looking characters that would make some pretty cool figures if they were to make more in the near future.
4. Storm - Has potential, but since we already got Kora this element is pretty much covered until they announce more for each element.
5. Tech - Also has potential like that time toad, but like Storm already has Jox so this element is covered for now.
6. Astral - Sadly has been currently disappointing me. I managed to find at least four heroes for this element and so far all I get are ordinary looking people who don't even have awesome looking weapons to conpensate. This element is really disappointing and does have potential to be interesting. Here's hoping they do pick a cool hero for this element to get a figure.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#177 Posted: 03:59:58 02/05/2017
downloaded the game. and.. it's okay at best.
#178 Posted: 11:32:51 02/05/2017
Welp, we don't need to know that leak except for weapons it seems. The intro spoils the entire figure cast(Astral is the only lady left it seems) if what I saw on youtube is correct.

Aaand the team made no attempt to make us care for the plot - everyone acts ~funny and badass~ but at no point you're given a reason to care let alone be told what's going on other than "umbron bad, lightseekers good, do some quests". What a disappointment, especially since the gameplay is also nothing to write home about an extremely lacking in impact.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:55:35 02/05/2017 by Bifrost
#179 Posted: 12:08:33 02/05/2017
Played it myself. It's just not Skylanders. The point-and-click style gameplay doesn't have the same charm as using a controller, and seriously I've played games on my Kindle that make good use of the touchscreen to create a convincing controller. Also, it looks like there's only eight playables, and two of the best are already playable without figures. The Astral and Dread heroes are humans (hell no!) the nature hero is an Trent (meh) and the Mountain hero is a large golem type creature (kinda cool, but he aint no lizard). Not sure what the last two unlockables are, though they could just be alt versions of the lizard and the fish girl. I'm hoping this game gets more, cooler heroes down the road, but so far not too impressed. I might be able to get used to the gameplay, but the fact that I have to be online to play it means I won't get to play it much, and again: It's just not Skylanders.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:10:52 02/05/2017 by MugoUrth
#180 Posted: 12:33:56 02/05/2017
Skylanders bothered to give you reason to both like the heroes and dislike the villains. It's not a literary marvel, but you see your heroes fighting this crazy person that's entertaining but clearly capable of vile things, and your allies have a noticeable trait that sticks out(Hugo is anxious, Flynn is prideful, Cali is snarky) even if it's not used. Lightseekers starts with this terribly animated cutscene(anyone can see the stretch and squash of still pictures guys it ain't hard) that tells you nothing good and just has some goofy things.

I'm not too far this gameplay video but they introduced ten characters in the span of 15 minutes, and Jax is the only one with ANY trait(likes machines??) because he won't stop talking to himself in gameplay; there's also Gutsmash who's so reduced to 'stupid minion' that I could guess his few lines from the moment he showed up. You already got me lost in the motivation AND in the drive to help/fight these randos.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:35:46 02/05/2017 by Bifrost
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#181 Posted: 14:36:06 02/05/2017
Just tried it with no figures and....I expected something better.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#182 Posted: 15:01:41 02/05/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Played it myself. It's just not Skylanders. The point-and-click style gameplay doesn't have the same charm as using a controller, and seriously I've played games on my Kindle that make good use of the touchscreen to create a convincing controller. Also, it looks like there's only eight playables, and two of the best are already playable without figures. The Astral and Dread heroes are humans (hell no!) the nature hero is an Trent (meh) and the Mountain hero is a large golem type creature (kinda cool, but he aint no lizard). Not sure what the last two unlockables are, though they could just be alt versions of the lizard and the fish girl. I'm hoping this game gets more, cooler heroes down the road, but so far not too impressed. I might be able to get used to the gameplay, but the fact that I have to be online to play it means I won't get to play it much, and again: It's just not Skylanders.

Ikr? At the moment most of the elements have cool looking heroes for the most part, but Astral is seriously disappointing me with boring looking humans as heroes and they don't even have cool looking weapons so even their battlegear if those were made won't be that interesting. They better make some interesting heroes as figures or else the line will look too generic at the beggining of the line.
---
#183 Posted: 15:11:47 02/05/2017
The aesthetics are on point, but it feels more on the card game, even with the humans with tattoos(???) as the yikona. The Astral hero is also way too stocky compared to her art and the game models/portraits are also all pretty lifeless too - there's far too much of a disconnect between the two sides of the franchise.
---
#184 Posted: 15:19:47 02/05/2017
Here are my views on who maybe our 6 get get figures of. All are confiremd except for two of them, but are pretty much confirmed based on the intro.

1. Ironbark - Not gonna lie he actually doesn't look half bad. I already did admit I liked a lot of the nature heroes so far, but forgive me if I mistaken him for a pirate smilie Groot. Jokes aside he does look pretty neat.
2. Zyrus - Yes he's just a human hero, but his weapons do look pretty sick.
3. Boulder - Terrible name, but does look pretty boss in all honesty.
4. Kora - She is my favorite since she has a figure and she does have an actual distinctive look.
5. Jax - While does have a personality and is the main mascot for the game, he's not my cup of tea.
6. Whoever she is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtdzMpN76Lw Enough said and I'm not going to reiterate what the problem is.

Update: I found out the Astral girl's name is Elara and that it's true Astral has no non human heroes based on all of the currently released cards in the game so far. This video showed all of the heroes in Astral and no surprise all of them look so generic. Astral is officially my least favorite element in this game.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:34:19 03/05/2017 by GhostRoaster617
#185 Posted: 15:36:19 02/05/2017
Ironbark is alright, but ugh, the name. Almost as bad as Boulder, and the only Nature hero to even have a noun name.
---
#186 Posted: 15:39:12 02/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Ironbark is alright, but ugh, the name. Almost as bad as Boulder, and the only Nature hero to even have a noun name.

Yeah looks like they used most of their creativity on the first two heroes and they aren't enough to hold the entire game on their own.
---
#187 Posted: 17:23:22 02/05/2017
I'll buy Jax and Boulder (that name gives me physical pain)
#188 Posted: 18:50:45 02/05/2017
The fact that the main game requires being online to play still boggles me. I mean, why? So many of the games I have on my Kindle could EASILY be played offline, and yet they force you to be online anyway. This game, for example, has no merit for having to be online. From what I can tell, there's no interaction with other players, no chat, no online micro-transaction store, no nothing. Yet it still requires you to be online to play.

At least the minigames can be played offline, but they're not that good. The slime smashing game is a generic whack-a-mole minigame with stiff controls. Plus the minigame never mentions the "Friendly Slimes." You have to whack these blue and green evil slimes, but the red slimes that actually look even MORE evil than the other slimes are actually "friendly slimes" which you probably would never have been able to guess without making the mistake of hitting one. The other two are kind of the same as each other: generic flying games, one of which has you collecting coins, the other of which has you going through the same area as quickly as possible, and both are controlled by tilting the Kindle, much like in Sonic Dash 2 (Sonic Boom) with the ziplines, though it feels like the controls are even worse.

...And yet, I still kind of want to go out and buy a figure and stuff. I dunno, I sort of have hope that if enough people support it, it could get better down the road. Still, Lightseekers doesn't make a good first impression.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#189 Posted: 00:00:15 03/05/2017
So... So far, game sounds... pretty disappointing.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#190 Posted: 00:56:32 03/05/2017
The yikona being all human is pretty weird. Noxins make sense since they're pale, horned and demonlike with glowy eyes and whatnot, but yikona are just humans with tattoos; not even marble white skin or elf ears. There's one that has pink skin but that might even be just the lighting, meh.
---
#191 Posted: 03:09:44 03/05/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03
So... So far, game sounds... pretty disappointing.

you're sadly correct.
#192 Posted: 15:05:23 03/05/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Could someone catch me up with photos of all the heroes?

I tried to upload the image, but I think I lost my photobucket account. I did however get the point in the intro where you see the heroes so I hope this helps.

On another note in the strangest of twists the intro actually makes Kora look more like the real main protagonist for some odd reason. She seems to be shown in the front of the full team, the added effects during her fight over the others and even at the end it focuses more on Kora over the much more liked Jax. That honestly did surprise me a bit.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:08:12 03/05/2017 by GhostRoaster617
#193 Posted: 15:07:57 03/05/2017
That Kora artwork is really weird. She has no arms to speak of, not even a perspective thing.
---
#194 Posted: 17:52:40 05/05/2017
[User Posted Image]

CG Models of all the Smart Action Figures for Lightseekers
#195 Posted: 18:14:14 05/05/2017
so-
jax
kora
mortal kombat guy
boulder
mei???
generic plant guy
#196 Posted: 18:59:04 05/05/2017
All first season heroes and weapons(not shields or flightpacks) revealed in the packaging.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

..Ugh. I kinda thought Elara and Ironbark would look A LITTLE better as figures, but god this is a boring lineup. Only Kora and Bouder actually break from the thin huge limbed hero standard.
---
#197 Posted: 19:02:09 05/05/2017
Ironbark at least has an interesting color scheme to him. I think he impresses me the most out of the unannounced characters in terms of figure
#198 Posted: 20:01:41 05/05/2017
k ill admit ironbark is nice
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me