Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Lightseekers - Awakening
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#51 Posted: 18:58:33 05/10/2016
No offense, Bifrost, but why don't you take up your concerns with the guys on the forums? Do you want to see this fail? Criticism is good, but only when the right people hear that criticism! You have a perfect opportunity to speak directly to the devs and talk to them yourself. That's what I'm doing.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#52 Posted: 19:09:15 05/10/2016
No, but I talk a lot out of my ass because of my memory mixing things up and my self esteem reflects that. It took me like 2 years to get this comfortable posting in a forum, I'm way shyer everywhere else x_x

Would love to open a thread to press these issues, but yeah, zero confidence. Psychologist says I should just bust open the doors and not care about the responses but I freeze before signing up.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:43 05/10/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#53 Posted: 19:16:30 05/10/2016
Well, someone's gotta stress these concerns. Because if they don't work on fixing them then I really don't see this game doing all to well.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#54 Posted: 19:20:14 05/10/2016
I asked them about what the Kickstarter was specifically for and they said that it's just to show demand for the product and to get that final push so that they can give eager fans the stuff with no trouble.

Also, TOMY is handling ALL the toy production and distribution. Like, all of it! So if the Kickstarter does well, which it seems like it's doing well so far, then TOMY will fully support Lightseekers and fund it well.

I think what helped the Kickstarter a lot was that more articles about Lightseekers just came out today, so more people know about it now then they did a while ago. I think the key to success with this Kickstarter will be whether or not word spreads out about this. Again, it's doing good so far, but who knows if this'll keep up?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:41 05/10/2016 by TheToyNerd
#55 Posted: 19:23:06 05/10/2016
Hm, hopefully that's the case then. Some Kickstarters are VERY serious interest pushes where if they don't reach the goal the publisher just abandons them, Indivisible comes to mind where they were told straight up it wasn't happening if they missed the goal no matter how close.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#56 Posted: 19:53:39 05/10/2016
wait, what did i miss?
#57 Posted: 21:25:44 05/10/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
wait, what did i miss?

LightSeekers Kickstarter announced

---

At the time of this post, Lightseekers has reached 1/8 of its goal in a day. Also, I just noticed tht compared to Twitter and Instagram, the game has a TON of Facebook followers. About 22,000 in fact. Maybe they will pull this off after all!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:14:24 05/10/2016 by TheToyNerd
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#58 Posted: 23:04:36 05/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Updating topic tonight if I manage to keep my face out of the imaginators forum for a little bit
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#59 Posted: 02:45:19 06/10/2016
Oh, cool. Might pledge $60 to the kickstarter after imaginators day one.
#60 Posted: 13:00:48 06/10/2016
I'm super broke even if I get Imaginators on week one, but I might throw in a dollar later down the road if they start revealing Dread races. Just Mari and Tyrax aren't really doing it for me.
---
#61 Posted: 02:44:34 29/10/2016
https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ontent=janeref3

Hey look the Kickstarter was funded...
#62 Posted: 10:51:56 29/10/2016
Just barely, and for a small amount like that, pretty poor performance even with a week to go :I But at least now they can have their extra support.
---
#63 Posted: 13:14:45 29/10/2016
Dude, why you gotta be such a pessimist? I admit they hit a lull in the backing midway through, but they at least picked up enough steam to get funded!
#64 Posted: 13:50:50 29/10/2016
With a goal like that, I'm just not feeling being at 150k with 10 days to go last week as anything good.

Also,video about the card game.

If you guys want to be ready for more criticism...

Some cards really feel like they have the elemental alignment tacked on. It's a shiny moth or a really weird worm, it's Tech and somehow related to clockwork despite not having it on their design? It's a beehive barrier, it's Storm?

Edit: guys how about post some Dread creatures instead of the overdone ghost drone prank in your official channel
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:25:12 01/11/2016 by Bifrost
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#65 Posted: 15:45:14 20/11/2016
Not gonna, lie. Was slightly dubious, but after letting the project sink in I can tell the game has a relatively bright future with the people piloting its development. Pro-active replies to kickstarter comments as well as accessible media content to show off their office/gameplay/tank crushing.

I am somewhat concerned how they will attempt to monetise the game if its truly meant to be F2P. I suspect tons of digital freebies or premium currency will require ads to be amok if thats the case.
#66 Posted: 17:00:58 20/11/2016
I think they've said that there will be no micro transactions of any kind. Most of their money should come through the cards and figures.

Also, I won a Legendary Pack through one of their Retweet contests so I'll have a first hand account of the game's mechanics and how well the cards and toys look! That'll be fun.
#67 Posted: 17:02:20 20/11/2016
Their method of making additional purchases seems to be the minigame Flight Packs, weapons and cards; except for maybe consumables doesn't seem like they need microtransactions anyway.
---
#68 Posted: 17:24:23 20/11/2016
There may be ads, though. They'll probably only show up in the loading screen. I wouldn't worry too much about those.

Still, I'm super excited to try this game out. The Beta codes get sent out sometime in December.
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#69 Posted: 17:02:37 22/11/2016
They even did a giveaway contest for their Lightseeker Pack (worth 10K USD) on Twitter. I tried entering and unfortunately didn't make the cut but it's nice they're using their spare kickstarter resources for communal/marketing purposes! Giveaway Result
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:06 22/11/2016 by JJAtelier
#70 Posted: 17:10:56 22/11/2016
Other than their marketing, is it me or we're not seeing even a hint about the next species? Tech cards just have helpers or Tyrax, and the only Storm card that isn't a Mari has some winter lady. Everything else just screams "card only".
---
#71 Posted: 22:04:58 25/11/2016

There will be playable characters of one character in every single order. They will all get figures soon! Mari and Tyrax are just the starting characters for right now
#72 Posted: 22:23:50 25/11/2016
I mean none were revealed, even as teases. Considering how Nature is everywhere on their marketing, you'd think they'd have the main species somewhere, but they all look distinct.
---
#73 Posted: 22:36:00 25/11/2016
Well, the game and stuff comes out in a year (non-beta) so they probably will reveal that stuff soon.
#74 Posted: 13:54:21 17/12/2016
Bumparoos for their first card tournament. We finally have a look at the first Heroes - and it seems that we're looking at our figure species. Astral and Dread are humans and undead humans, Nature is Groot references, Mountain are golems.

[User Posted Image]

If it's hard to see the Dread hero, the other undead girl shown frequently in art is also a hero card, Tenebra.

One of the prizes also seems to be a light gold Kora variant, so we might be seeing those in stores.

Here's also a social media giveaway - truly global this time, unlike Skylanders.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:22:40 17/12/2016 by Bifrost
#75 Posted: 17:33:01 01/01/2017
Our first Lightseekers leak, eh?

New details from the TOMY Catalog are as follows:

• Fusioncore batteries are going to be sold separately
• Shields are a thing. They give you a special skill and a more defensive playstyle. Stormshell and Forgewall will be the first ones available at launch
• NEW WEAPONS! Molten Blade, Leeching Scimitar, C-Tech Cannon and Tempest Rod will all be available at launch alongside the other two weapons previously announced
• New Flight Packs (Grimglider and Crystalcore)
• The Trading Cards are SUUUUUUPER CONVENIENT for people like me who aren't into card games. Each booster guarantees a hero plus each Starter Deck comes with a Play Mat, Instruction Sheet, Deck Box and exclusive cards (looking at you Battlecast...)
• The card stuff comes out earlier than the figures themselves.
#76 Posted: 17:44:29 01/01/2017
Dread and Mountain acessories already? Nice. Odd there's nothing on Nature and Astral, though.

I love that I went from 'can't run this game better not touch it ever' to 'maaaybe get some Dread stuff even if I can't run it'. After the tournament I really like the card side and the overall asthetics, even if I dislike the game's looks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:16 01/01/2017 by Bifrost
#77 Posted: 17:50:33 01/01/2017
I'm still curious as to what's the deal with the characters. Like backstories, abilities, etc. As well as more characters than just the ones we've already seen.
---
Check this out! Please?
#78 Posted: 17:56:56 01/01/2017
I think Kora and Jax had backstories in their videos, but honestly I don't really care about them to watch(give me Tenebra and the cool Mountain guy). Abilities must be there for sure though.
---
#79 Posted: 18:24:09 01/01/2017
Even if the game is meh, I'll still have fun with the card game and collecting the figures
#80 Posted: 18:51:35 03/01/2017
that rock guy... i like him.
#81 Posted: 19:29:41 03/01/2017
I wonder if you're able to play as the Heros by scanning in their cards. Kora's cool, but there are much cooler characters
#82 Posted: 19:33:26 03/01/2017
Anyone have links to pictures of these characters? Like stone guy and Kora?
---
Check this out! Please?
#83 Posted: 19:42:10 03/01/2017
It's the cards I posted way up. Kora should be in the OP.
---
#84 Posted: 20:03:22 03/01/2017
You mean the ones posted above?
With Crab Rider Neida and Leo and Virila?

Because... I don't see any Kora.
---
Check this out! Please?
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#85 Posted: 20:22:02 03/01/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03

[User Posted Image]

Seen right at the the first post, and here is some info:

https://www.lightseekers.com/k...es-and-talents/
#86 Posted: 20:36:37 03/01/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03

Kora is a Mari... So is Crab Rider Neida. They are the same species.

One thing I will say is that they're very confusing with the characters. For the longest time I thought Mari and Tryax were the names of the characters, but no... That's just their species name. Their names are Kora and Jax respectively.
#87 Posted: 20:45:13 03/01/2017
They also frequently cycle through the names for no reason. If they released more of the same species it'd make sense to talk generally with 'play as a Mari use Storm abilities' but iirc we're only getting Kora, so why talk like she's the concept of her species?

As seen in the tournament, all Hero cards and figures will share species depending on order. Astral is humans with constellation themes,Dread is undead or corrupted humans with horns and purple skin(their asian-themed homeland makes me think it's the latter), Nature are tree people with leaves for "fur", Mountain is golem-like creatures with glowing parts.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:23:43 07/01/2017 by Bifrost
#88 Posted: 20:52:23 03/01/2017
I still need to watch that tournament. I really want to know how to play the card game before I get my hands on it soon and the video on it sorta confused me.

I wish they'd put it on their YouTube channel.
#89 Posted: 21:00:00 03/01/2017
Oh, okay. I feel kinda stupid.
---
Check this out! Please?
#90 Posted: 21:02:26 03/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
I still need to watch that tournament. I really want to know how to play the card game before I get my hands on it soon and the video on it sorta confused me.

I wish they'd put it on their YouTube channel.

I gave up after the facebook player reset for the umpteenth time, but I'd wait for one with more involvement with the fans. They go by way too quick since everyone knows it like the back of their hand, and the guy showing the cards on the overlay just couldn't catch up.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#91 Posted: 11:04:12 04/01/2017
What worries me most is that so far there don't appear to be too many figures in the works and even if there are more on the way, the species concept makes the characters of each race too similar to each other. There needs to be some more variety like maybe some more species within the elements so we don't have too many similar designs.

To be fair it can work if done correctly. Skylanders have smilie and smilie who are the same species, but play drastically different from each other. smilie and smilie are elves while smilie and smilie are drows, yet they have different weapons and different play styles. Heck even smilie and smilie are faun and yet they are not the same in their battle styles.

For a new franchise like this, I'd say they need more variety to play it safe first and then make similar species characters if necessary.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#92 Posted: 11:46:11 04/01/2017
I think they're looking at character design from a completely different perspective than Skylanders did. Skylanders tries to make characters with the idea of "how can we fit this weird monster thing in the world we already established" while Lightseekers clearly comes at it from a more Game of Thrones/LOTR approach.

This LOTR approach can lead to confusion, though, and I do feel like they need to communicate about the character side of things. Still, I do still appreciate the world building that they're trying to pull off. Skylanders certainly doesn't try this...

----

I hope to God they're at Toy Fair this year. I need my info dump!
#93 Posted: 12:28:59 04/01/2017
There *are* different species in each order(there are reapers and shadow people in Dread), but it seems like they're not intelligent enough to be Heroes. They're probably going for less is more since they can't really afford too many character figures, and putting their variety on weaponry.

But I reeaaally hope they put their variety on the game more. We've seen regular overworld, Astral and Mountain dungeons, and they all look the same.
---
#94 Posted: 19:56:16 04/01/2017
Oh yeah. I'm sure there's more variety in the game. They probably specifically showed off similar looking areas so as to not spoil a lot of the game. I just want to see more of the boss from the early Kickstarter footage. That looked awesome!

----

[User Posted Image]

BETA FIGURES ARE IN! Sooo close!
#95 Posted: 20:01:16 04/01/2017
Man the Lightseekers devs might not be the best in the gameplay department, but boy is their PR classy. If you leak something Skylanders, Activision doesn't budge or even shuts you down. LS' first leak and they just went Shulk reveal and showed the new stuff off in full.

Official Wave 2 reveal if anyone avoided yesterday's stuff
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:01:49 04/01/2017 by Bifrost
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#96 Posted: 16:35:18 05/01/2017
Wow they sure feel nicer about leaks and really is a nice twist for them to announce more upcoming stuff so early in the life of the series. I am happy that they are doiung that much at least.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#97 Posted: 16:38:55 05/01/2017
Their PR is pretty good, that's for sure. They even poked fun at the fact they keep spamming their Order quiz on twitter since they took a holiday break and started it again yesterday. Not Aaron Webber levels of dank memes and friendliness, but the Lightseekers social media just feels like a real person talking as the company instead of a bunch of scheduled posts and copypaste responses; which imho should be the standard. Tell me why the game is good and I should pay for it, not parrot the marketing I probably saw a dozen times.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:39:31 05/01/2017 by Bifrost
#98 Posted: 00:20:19 06/01/2017
Now would be a good time as any to plug the Lightseekers forum page.

Where you can chat with Lightseekers fans and devs to help build a strong community
#99 Posted: 19:39:08 07/01/2017
Oh wow, I finally got around to downloading the Fan Pack they have at their website since I'll probably do some fanart(hint hint). Nothing particularly new there, but there's some nicely high quality pictures of representatives of each Order, plus it seems like there's a Underworld in the game as well since the concept art folder has a pretty obvious death gate. Huh.

Edit: Artwork for the Leeching Scimitar revealed, it's a Poison weapon:

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:00 08/01/2017 by Bifrost
#100 Posted: 20:33:54 08/01/2017
Ooh... Shiny...

Also "Fan Pack"?
---
Check this out! Please?
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me