Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Overrated Video Game Music
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#1 Posted: 03:53:02 12/09/2016 | Topic Creator
What's your opinion on the most overrated video game music?

To me, the most overrated song is Megalovania.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#2 Posted: 06:39:23 12/09/2016
i remember when megalovania was a homestuck song
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 10:47:30 12/09/2016
SAVE the World gets stale way faster than Last Goodbye, even if it's a final boss theme and all.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 13:14:31 12/09/2016
One Winged Angel. Oh sooooooo much. I only really like the Advent Children version and even then it's gone stale for me.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 16:24:46 12/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Underian

It didn't originate from Homestuck.
Toby first used it in a Earthbound halloween hack he was making. Here's the Earthbound hack one:
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#6 Posted: 17:40:57 12/09/2016
Quote: HIR
One Winged Angel. Oh sooooooo much. I only really like the Advent Children version and even then it's gone stale for me.

The best version:

Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#7 Posted: 18:12:19 12/09/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun
Quote: Underian

It didn't originate from Homestuck.
Toby first used it in a Earthbound halloween hack he was making. Here's the Earthbound hack one:
[stuff i already kno]

lol i know im just saying when thats what it was known for
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:41 12/09/2016 by Underian
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#8 Posted: 18:53:49 12/09/2016
Megalovania may be overrated and such, but it's still a great/awesome song.

I don't know of any other overrated songs, though.

rip me
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#9 Posted: 20:46:09 12/09/2016
- Mute City from F-Zero. Do we really need 4 versions of it in Smash Bros. Wii U?

- Although Gourmet Race is one of my favourite songs from Kirby, I feel that it has been used too many times in the series. The same could be said for Green Greens and King Dedede's theme.

- Battle 2 from Final Fantasy IV. I always seem to hear it in fan made games. In my opinion, it's not even the best boss battle theme in the FF series.
#10 Posted: 21:38:00 12/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: alicecarp
- Mute City from F-Zero. Do we really need 4 versions of it in Smash Bros. Wii U?

- Although Gourmet Race is one of my favourite songs from Kirby, I feel that it has been used too many times in the series. The same could be said for Green Greens and King Dedede's theme.

- Battle 2 from Final Fantasy IV. I always seem to hear it in fan made games. In my opinion, it's not even the best boss battle theme in the FF series.

All of your reasons that they are overrated are invalid.
Overrated = The community over-rates it.

Example:
10-20 people think the song is 4 stars, but they are fans of the community, so they rate it 5 stars. (or something like that)
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#11 Posted: 01:48:44 13/09/2016
The one that immediately comes to mind is Wily's Castle Theme: Stage 1 and 2 from Megaman 2 for the NES. I mean, it's an ooookaaaay melody, but I don't think it's even close to the most epic Megaman tune in the franchise, and I think fans really overrate the song.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#12 Posted: 13:23:11 13/09/2016

Example:
10-20 people think the song is 4 stars, but they are fans of the community, so they rate it 5 stars. (or something like that)

You're trying to redefine internet opinions that aren't right, though. Overrated usually means the song is *everywhere*, more remixes than you can shake a stick at, the single song everyone remembers from a game.

On that, CROWNED got a bit on the ears as time passed, probably because of all these remixes. Under My Control or Moonstuck Blossom are much easier to listen to on a whim.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#13 Posted: 15:25:15 13/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Example:

You're trying to redefine internet opinions that aren't right, though. Overrated usually means the song is *everywhere*, more remixes than you can shake a stick at, the single song everyone remembers from a game.

On that, CROWNED got a bit on the ears as time passed, probably because of all these remixes. Under My Control or Moonstuck Blossom are much easier to listen to on a whim.

I'm on the opposite end. Moonstruck Blossom got stale, whereas CROWNED got that great remix in Rainbow Curse.

And then PROGRAM came along and blew them both out of the water anyway.

...I might be biased. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:39 13/09/2016 by HIR
#14 Posted: 15:38:31 13/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost

Example:

OHHHHH

OHHHHHHHH
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 03:26:04 15/09/2016
there's a lot of overrated undertale OST songs.

megalovania, his theme, and hopes and dreams to name a few.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me