Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V3: An Ultra Dawn (Ultra S/M Announced)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V3: An Ultra Dawn (Ultra S/M Announced) [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8647
#101 Posted: 18:41:45 20/09/2016
That's a shame... because it could add another strategic layer to the battles. Which Pokémon's carrying the Z-Crystal? Can you get rid of it? Could you steal it and put it to use on your own team?

Oh well. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
henryszuch Gold Sparx Gems: 2536
#102 Posted: 19:05:17 20/09/2016
Quote: HIR
That's a shame... because it could add another strategic layer to the battles. Which Pokémon's carrying the Z-Crystal? Can you get rid of it? Could you steal it and put it to use on your own team?

Oh well. <.<

I mean, it's not confirmed but I highly doubt they would be. The whole Z-Move concept obviously seems to be close to Mega Evolution.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#103 Posted: 19:48:54 20/09/2016
i un-ironically like Oranguru.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6650
#104 Posted: 20:10:24 20/09/2016
Well, aside from the fact he might wreck the competitive scene a bit; he's cool looking, has nice lore, and is a simple design that doesn't do too much or too little. He's enough in all the right aspects except maybe typing.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:41 20/09/2016 by Bifrost
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#105 Posted: 20:16:53 20/09/2016
Looking at the website it seems like Sun-Lycanroc will be a speedy-attacker whereas Moon-Lycanroc will be a bit of tank.
84skylanderdude Emerald Sparx Gems: 4982
#106 Posted: 21:21:39 20/09/2016
Love Lycanroc's Midday form. Made the right choice by pre-ordering Sun version. Gonna put it on my team and name it Garou.

Passimian is great too, and it's the 'rugby monkey' from the Chinese leaks. I like it a lot. More than Oranguru, although it's still cool.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 5599
#107 Posted: 21:42:20 20/09/2016
when did this become a crash bandicoot game
---
Gay 4 GARcher
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#108 Posted: 21:50:45 20/09/2016
Anybody have a HD image of Passimian?
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Iblistech Emerald Sparx Gems: 4597
#109 Posted: 21:55:17 20/09/2016
Quote: sprocketrocket

Here's one:

[User Posted Image]
---
Hail to the King, baby!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#110 Posted: 22:02:27 20/09/2016
Quote: Iblistech
Quote: sprocketrocket

Here's one:

[User Posted Image]

Thanks
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3535
#111 Posted: 23:03:40 20/09/2016
[User Posted Image]

Harambaby baby baby ohhh
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#112 Posted: 23:05:24 20/09/2016
I cant wait to make a doubles team with Passimian and Oranguru
Pikachu exclusive z move= only for in game (Since you sacrifice light ball)
eevee one= Same, but if it's early game enough you might be able to use it in game

Also I am glad to see amie now has more of a purpose as a way to heal status conditions (Pokemon Refresh is just an upgraded pokemon amie)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#113 Posted: 01:22:56 21/09/2016
I like what was revealed. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Starter Evos and if they do end up having 2 final evolutions.

I remember one of the rumors had a rugby monkey and lo and behold what was revealed today. Did the rest of that rumor get debunked at some point and I missed it?

Pikachu's Z Move seems gimmicky, but it's kinda cute. I'm not going to be the only one who tries to learn how to do the Z Moves physically right? Right?

I kind of like the version exclusives in Sun more than Moon but I wanna wait for more version exclusives to fully decide
#114 Posted: 02:53:48 21/09/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
I like what was revealed. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Starter Evos and if they do end up having 2 final evolutions.

I remember one of the rumors had a rugby monkey and lo and behold what was revealed today. Did the rest of that rumor get debunked at some point and I missed it?

Pikachu's Z Move seems gimmicky, but it's kinda cute. I'm not going to be the only one who tries to learn how to do the Z Moves physically right? Right?

I kind of like the version exclusives in Sun more than Moon but I wanna wait for more version exclusives to fully decide

They have 1 final evolution, with a midday and midnight form.

And you aren't the only one, don't forget to buy the z-bracelet accessory that lights up and syncs with Sun/Moon when you perform a z-move.

I am already getting both anyways. So version exclusives aren't really tough for me to acquire (no need to bargain with anyone else)
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#115 Posted: 05:49:33 21/09/2016
Quote: isaac343018s

the chinese rumor has so far been correct
#116 Posted: 11:14:41 21/09/2016
[User Posted Image]
Interesting, also I have a theory on mimikyu in the anime

In the promotional poster we see that Team Rocket has a Mimikyu. Maybe at some point Ash and Pikachu get separated by some event and have to find each other, then Team Rocket tries to use this chance to catch Pikachu BUT they accidentally catch Mimikyu. At first they will hate Mimikyu saying it's worthless and they hate it, but after Meowth talks to the poor thing and learns about how it only puts on the disguise because it wants to be loved they decide to take it in and make Mimikyu a part of their team.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:15:45 21/09/2016 by Windumup
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#117 Posted: 20:28:19 21/09/2016
I like everything that was shown, the only thing I'm not a fan of is that Lycanroc's forms are version exclusive instead of determined by time. Does that mean the starter evolutions are going to be version exclusive too(given that they also have two forms like everyone has been speculating)?
---
Cool cool.
#118 Posted: 23:10:23 21/09/2016
Quote: pankakesparx456
I like everything that was shown, the only thing I'm not a fan of is that Lycanroc's forms are version exclusive instead of determined by time. Does that mean the starter evolutions are going to be version exclusive too(given that they also have two forms like everyone has been speculating)?

Looks like it
crosses fingers that Heel-Wrestler Litten is the moon version and a cooler evolution is the sun version
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#119 Posted: 00:01:43 22/09/2016

They did say Rockruff would have some connection to the starters, so it could simply be that it shares the same trait of version-exclusive final forms.

If that's the case then I'll get whichever version has "Entermaid" or whatever it's name is in it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#120 Posted: 00:16:05 22/09/2016
I still find it really hard to believe that they would do version exclusive starter evolutions. I get day and night, but version exclusive...

It might not be true, but if it is then that'll heavily make or break my decision.
#121 Posted: 00:27:18 22/09/2016
It's one thing to have version exclusive evolutions but if there are starter exclusives then these games dropped a point for me. I really don't want to be in a position where I want/like one starter evolution in Moon since I'm getting Sun.

This and the 12 hour difference between versions are thankfully my only gripes with the game so far but it still bugs me that starters might end up version exclusive. It really should've been dependent on the time of day IMO.
---
Cool cool.
#122 Posted: 00:32:28 22/09/2016
It's one thing to have version exclusive evolutions but if there are starter exclusives then these games dropped a point for me. I really don't want to be in a position where I want/like one starter evolution in Moon since I'm getting Sun.

This and the 12 hour difference between versions are thankfully my only gripes with the game so far but it still bugs me that starters might end up version exclusive. It really should've been dependent on the time of day IMO.

I'm in the same boat. The time difference doesn't bother me too much but the starters definitely will.
#123 Posted: 00:34:16 22/09/2016
If they do end up having version exclusive Starter evolutions and I like a Moon one the best, I'll just trade with a friend when it's about to evolve. Then it'll evolve into the best version and I'll be happy.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#124 Posted: 00:37:52 22/09/2016
^ I feel like that's not how it works but it'd be pretty nice if it does.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 5900
#125 Posted: 00:39:21 22/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: willster8

I'm pretty sure that actually is how it works, given the background info we have on Lycanroc.

Quote: Lycanroc's Midday Form
When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form.
In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

It appears that, based on this, Lycanroc's forms have a lot less to do with the time of day and more to do with the legendary present in the game.
If the starters do end up having version-exclusive forms in their final evolutions, I imagine it would work the same.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:45:47 22/09/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#126 Posted: 00:53:01 22/09/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75

I'm pretty sure that actually is how it works, given the background info we have on Lycanroc.

Quote: Lycanroc's Midday Form
When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form.
In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

It appears that, based on this, Lycanroc's forms have a lot less to do with the time of day and more to do with the legendary present in the game.
If the starters do end up having version-exclusive forms in their final evolutions, I imagine it would work the same.

I see, I was more wondering about if the starter you pick in sun could become the moon starter, but I guess that makes sense.
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5064
#127 Posted: 00:53:42 22/09/2016
If they do have 2 version exclusive evos I wonder how they can become obtainable in future titles.
#128 Posted: 00:53:57 22/09/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
If they do end up having version exclusive Starter evolutions and I like a Moon one the best, I'll just trade with a friend when it's about to evolve. Then it'll evolve into the best version and I'll be happy.

But it's not the same D:
---
Cool cool.
#129 Posted: 01:01:42 22/09/2016 | Topic Creator
I see, I was more wondering about if the starter you pick in sun could become the moon starter, but I guess that makes sense.

I don't think that it would matter if you picked the starter in either game, just which one you evolve it in.
#130 Posted: 01:05:58 22/09/2016

I don't think that it would matter if you picked the starter in either game, just which one you evolve it in.

True, I was just being dumb. It's been a long day.

But anyways, I noticed Passimian is 6'7. That thing is huge.
#131 Posted: 01:09:07 22/09/2016

I'm in the same boat. The time difference doesn't bother me too much but the starters definitely will.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote: somePerson
If they do have 2 version exclusive evos I wonder how they can become obtainable in future titles.

It'll probably be one tied to Game A and one to Game B, or they'll become dependent on Day/Night
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 5599
#132 Posted: 01:28:58 22/09/2016
I feel like this is an unpopular opinion at this point but
I hate how this game is being presented and not looking forward to/going to probably buy it.
It's being too "ambitious" for it's own good. it's trying to throw in all these new "gimmicks" to make everyone want the game when in actuality it's just one giant ****ing mess.
I don't know how it is in Japan, their main demographic, but pokemon games in the U.S. IMO are really only popular with teens and young adults. I haven't seen a child on a ds in a very long time, so making the game so much easier isn't helping anyone. The game is breaking any kind of competitive that the game had. Breeding is destroyed, for the most part, won't be used for IVs because you can just magically change them to perfect ones.
I don't like the pokemon's designs but that's my bias so.
I've always hated Version exclusive but I've understood why they did it and never really had to complain about it, but if they're making evolutions exclusive now, it's just dropped so much you can't pick it up.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Pixilism Emerald Sparx Gems: 4849
#133 Posted: 01:42:41 22/09/2016
Quote: DragonCamo
The game is breaking any kind of competitive that the game had. Breeding is destroyed, for the most part, won't be used for IVs because you can just magically change them to perfect ones.

Because breeding hundreds of one Pokemon to get one of a specific nature/IV status was a healthy experience, right?

This is a welcome change as far as I'm concerned. I thought it was kind of lame that the game really jerked it to training your Pokemon and treat them as your lifelong companions only to trash them after the E4 because they aren't viable for anything outside of the game's content (competitive). Now that you can level them to 100 and fix their genetic values, Pokemon can finally be the game where you can have the Pokemon you trained so hard with AND have them be competitively viable. It's a good change.
#134 Posted: 01:58:25 22/09/2016
The only thing I can agree with DragonCamo on is making the games easier. They're not hard as it is, making it easier is not a good thing to do.

But I disagree with everything else you said, DC.
---
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4482
#135 Posted: 02:29:48 22/09/2016
Yes you have a point Pixil, but it was one of few points of difficulty left in the games. Trying to breed for perfect IVs was something that not everyone wanted to do and not everyone really could without a ton of time and knowledge on something not expressly explained in the game. This makes it so anyone can win at competitive battles. If everyone can easily get perfect IVs, then what's left in terms of a challenge? Knowing what types are strong against what? The game's going to tell you in battle what move is effective and what isn't, you don't even have to think.

And yeah, it is a lot of change between removing Gyms/E4, Z-moves, and whatever the heck Ultra Beasts are. Then the fact that Megas seem to be getting pushed aside and forgotten in favor of Z-Moves, it seems like it'll all get ditched in the next Gen. It's getting to feel like the new gimmick of the day and seems like it isn't improving the game as a whole as opposed to trying to cling to an audience that wasn't leaving.

The forms being tied to day/night would've been cool. However, version exclusive is not.... Each new announcement really is making me want the game less and less to the point that for the first time since Emerald (aside from Platinum due to lacking a DS at the time) that I won't be picking it up at release.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:49 22/09/2016 by Seiki
#136 Posted: 02:32:44 22/09/2016
I will admit it does really seem like GameFreak is taking an effort to stretch the "One Game for the Price of Two" trope to its maximum value. There were some slight attempts at making the Gen V games differ, but this Gen seems to be a zero-to-sixty mentality.

On the one hand, it's cool to see, but on the other, it's clearly a marketing ploy and it feels very underhanded and/or like an attempt to emulate the apparent success of Fire Emblem Fates. <.<;
---
#137 Posted: 02:39:42 22/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
Emerald

don't diss emerald, m8
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:44 22/09/2016 by Sesshomaru75
Pixilism Emerald Sparx Gems: 4849
#138 Posted: 02:52:41 22/09/2016
Yes you have a point Pixil, but it was one of few points of difficulty left in the games. Trying to breed for perfect IVs was something that not everyone wanted to do and not everyone really could without a ton of time and knowledge on something not expressly explained in the game. This makes it so anyone can win at competitive battles. If everyone can easily get perfect IVs, then what's left in terms of a challenge? Knowing what types are strong against what? The game's going to tell you in battle what move is effective and what isn't, you don't even have to think.

That's a fair standpoint but we still don't know the difficulty of the games, they could still have rather high leveled enemy trainers that require a bit more grinding to get by (and thus adding to the "difficulty).

Also on the topic of difficulty, I don't believe it was ever stated how difficult super training would be, just that it would be a thing. It might end up being difficult to take advantage of for all we know. Hopefully it would retain some level of difficulty but subtract the level of tediousness that competitive breeding had.
#139 Posted: 02:59:58 22/09/2016
Breeding for hours upon hours doesn't take skill. All it takes is time and luck. It doesn't make it difficult, it just makes you sink a bunch of time in just hoping to get lucky.
---
#140 Posted: 03:03:59 22/09/2016
I don't really know why people are complaining about difficulty. The 3rd version games (or B2/W2 in Gen V's case) were always the difficult ones in my opinion... with the main versions being easier by comparison. But since Gen VI chose to do away with that it's felt like Pokémon's lost its difficulty because we had XY and ORAS (and to be honest the original R/S felt rather easier compared to Gen I and II to begin with) and nothing else.

Of course, I patched OR with Drayano's scrips and Y with Wilting Y's Insanity Mode so I most certainly have a difficult time when I replay Gen VI. ^.^;
---
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4482
#141 Posted: 03:27:16 22/09/2016
Emerald

don't diss emerald, m8

I wasn't. Quite like the game and was just first one I pre-ordered and bought on day of release.

Quote: Pixilism

That's a fair standpoint but we still don't know the difficulty of the games, they could still have rather high leveled enemy trainers that require a bit more grinding to get by (and thus adding to the "difficulty).

Also on the topic of difficulty, I don't believe it was ever stated how difficult super training would be, just that it would be a thing. It might end up being difficult to take advantage of for all we know. Hopefully it would retain some level of difficulty but subtract the level of tediousness that competitive breeding had.

Unless the bottlecaps you trade in to raise IVs are somewhat rare, I don't have particularly high hopes. From my understanding it's supposed to be a slightly tweaked version of Gen 6's Super Training, which was mildly tedious at best. Considering how easy trainers have felt as of late, I'm not particularly hopeful on that regard either, but I'll at least wait until a friend gets the game and tells me about it before condemning it on that regard.

Breeding for hours upon hours doesn't take skill. All it takes is time and luck. It doesn't make it difficult, it just makes you sink a bunch of time in just hoping to get lucky.

It does require knowledge though. You need to first know IVs are thing since the game never mentions them, understanding the proper mechanics of breeding for them with what held items can help, and knowing what the phrases the one NPC trainer who knows about them mean. It's not something everyone intuitively comprehends and can do with just "time and luck".
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:30:54 22/09/2016 by Seiki
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 9097
#142 Posted: 08:04:37 22/09/2016
I need this as an actual hairdryer.

[User Posted Image]
#143 Posted: 10:38:43 22/09/2016

It does require knowledge though. You need to first know IVs are thing since the game never mentions them, understanding the proper mechanics of breeding for them with what held items can help, and knowing what the phrases the one NPC trainer who knows about them mean. It's not something everyone intuitively comprehends and can do with just "time and luck".

It requires basic knowledge that one could google and learn in a minute or so. You have your Pokemon hold the thing and then spend hours trying to get lucky with the IVs. Everything requires some level of knowledge. That doesn't make it difficult. If it's something like the type chart, then I could kind of understand since there's so much. But IV breeding is literally just holding an item and then breeding for hours upon hours, relying on pure luck. It's not a skill, it's just tedious.
---
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3535
#144 Posted: 11:27:45 22/09/2016

It requires basic knowledge that one could google and learn in a minute or so. You have your Pokemon hold the thing and then spend hours trying to get lucky with the IVs. Everything requires some level of knowledge. That doesn't make it difficult. If it's something like the type chart, then I could kind of understand since there's so much. But IV breeding is literally just holding an item and then breeding for hours upon hours, relying on pure luck. It's not a skill, it's just tedious.

Yeah breeding takes no skill, knowledge, or a will to live at all.
A baby could do it.
A feetus dould do it.
Trump could do it.

Now if you want to talk about skill, you need a hella lot when Horde Hunting for Shinies
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5090
#145 Posted: 12:09:11 22/09/2016
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
I need this as an actual hairdryer.

[User Posted Image]

Looks like the hairdryer won't be in the anime.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#146 Posted: 15:06:55 22/09/2016

IV breeding is a thing of the past now

[User Posted Image]

Next to krabby and left of Dexio's head is something that doesnt quite match wishiwashi or any other fish Pokemon known so far. And then there is some kind of bird (Puffin?) on the other side of Dexio's head

*mind explosion*
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:52 22/09/2016 by Windumup
#147 Posted: 22:36:11 22/09/2016
It looks just like Wishiwashi...

But yeah I noticed the toucan Pokémon on the shirt.
#148 Posted: 22:44:29 22/09/2016
Quote: henryszuch
It looks just like Wishiwashi...

But yeah I noticed the toucan Pokémon on the shirt.

I analyzed the side pattern of it compared to wishiwashi (both forms) and it didn't match. Also one of the ??? fish has kind of a circle on its head
---
willspyro Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 4800
#149 Posted: 23:34:39 22/09/2016
Will the characters be more customize-able now?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#150 Posted: 00:26:45 23/09/2016
Well I dont think you could customize eye color in X and Y so it looks like there are more options.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me