Forum

Poll

Got Reignited?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V3: An Ultra Dawn (Ultra S/M Announced)
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V3: An Ultra Dawn (Ultra S/M Announced) [CLOSED]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5250
#1 Posted: 22:33:42 08/09/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
[Credit goes to LunarDistortion for this banner]

Greetings, and welcome to the All-Purpose Pokémon Topic Version 3!
[Topic is currently a work in progress, so please excuse the mess]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Links to Older Topics -
Version 1
Version 2

- Recent Announcements -

- Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for Nintendo 3DS (Releases November 17th, 2017) -
Enhanced versions of Sun and Moon exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS, including new forms for Solgaleo and Lunala and potentially "new" Pokémon

- Gold and Silver for Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console (Releases September 22nd, 2017) -
Includes support for wireless trading and Pokémon Bank, no word as of yet on the possibility of a Crystal Virtual Console release

- Pokkén Tournament for Nintendo Switch (Releases September 22nd, 2017) -
Arcade only characters included, Decidueye added as a new fighter

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

- Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon -

- Reveal Trailer -
N/A

- Release Dates -
Worldwide - November 17th, 2017

[User Posted Image]

- Sun & Moon -

- Launch Trailer -

- Release Dates -
Demo - Available now!
US/Australia/Japan - Available now!
Europe - Available now!
---
The Symbol of Victory

If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognize your own weaknesses
Edited 19 times - Last edited at 20:08:13 23/06/2017 by Sesshomaru75
#2 Posted: 22:34:00 08/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Reserved post.
---
The Symbol of Victory

If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognize your own weaknesses
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:57:54 05/06/2017 by Sesshomaru75
84skylanderdude Emerald Sparx Gems: 4334
#3 Posted: 02:55:06 16/09/2016
Well now this is ready for use
---
Please disregard my horrid childish username
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 02:55:48 16/09/2016
Welcome to the new All-Purpose Pokemon chat
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
willspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4154
#5 Posted: 03:55:12 16/09/2016
Can't wait until November 18th.
---
The Slam Dunk™
Get Dunked On™
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2308
#6 Posted: 03:59:09 16/09/2016
The title should really be "A New Dawn"

Sun, Moon, get it
Iblistech Emerald Sparx Gems: 4112
#7 Posted: 04:31:21 16/09/2016
Sun & Moon are going to be amazing.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 5589
#8 Posted: 06:26:49 16/09/2016
How do you 'unbuddy' a pokemon in pokemon go? I found how to change your 'buddy' but I don't even want one.
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4445
#9 Posted: 17:07:51 16/09/2016
First two episodes of Pokemon Generations are out!

---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6000
#10 Posted: 17:41:29 16/09/2016
Whoa, already? I'll have to check these later when I have the time.
---
I do art!
"Dark Sun, you shone like a threat, waiting to strike"
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 6414
#11 Posted: 18:19:02 16/09/2016
https://twitter.com/Pokeshoppe...8584704?lang=en

HQ scans of ghost pokemon plushies!
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6000
#12 Posted: 19:25:06 16/09/2016
Alright, watched the episodes. Long story short, they're not good. Wow they're not good at all.

Animation? It's slow, the action feels off all the time, people just stand around and talk with zero heart and there's a disturbing amount of awkward pauses where there shouldn't be any.
Writing? Sure, just two episodes; the first was an alright introduction, but then you make Looker a piece of cardboard that talks in the second. That's it. He's just there to narrate and that's it. People didn't like Looker because he said smart stuff, we like him because he's a total goof.
Pacing? Hand in hand with animation. All over the place, goes too fast in places, too slow in others.
Nitpick. Pikachu's annoying af squeaking. We get it, it's "realistic". It's also a rat that shoots thunderbolts, that shouldn't ever be in someone's mind.

Nowhere close to Origins, much less making any justice to the series, as of now.
---
I do art!
"Dark Sun, you shone like a threat, waiting to strike"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:31 16/09/2016 by Bifrost
#13 Posted: 19:50:22 16/09/2016
I'm guessing there's no subbed version yet... God I can't stand dubs but I guess I'll have to deal...

Edit: Just watched and I loved it, other than the voice acting of course but that goes without saying for dubs. Really excited for more of this. I wish it replaced the actual anime and I wish the episode were full-fledged lengths like the anime.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:22 16/09/2016 by 84skylanderdude
#14 Posted: 22:23:51 16/09/2016
Quote: Spyro-Gamer
How do you 'unbuddy' a pokemon in pokemon go? I found how to change your 'buddy' but I don't even want one.

Just have one -___- ITS FREE CANDY!
---
#15 Posted: 22:53:57 16/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Windumup

How exactly is that answering her question?
---
The Symbol of Victory

willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#16 Posted: 23:15:35 16/09/2016

As of right now I don't believe there is a way to do so.
willspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4154
#17 Posted: 00:00:57 17/09/2016
Pokemon Generations is pretty good in my opinion.
---
The Slam Dunk™
Get Dunked On™
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#18 Posted: 00:09:30 17/09/2016
I enjoyed the first one and wasn't bothered by the animation, I actually kind of liked it.
The second one was alright but a little slow like Bifrost said.
#19 Posted: 00:21:29 17/09/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75

I am just telling her that you can have a buddy Pokemon you dont even like, because you miss out on free stuff for not using it.
---
somePerson Emerald Sparx Gems: 4443
#20 Posted: 00:35:41 17/09/2016

I don't you can at the moment but you can switch if you want.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:59 17/09/2016 by somePerson
#21 Posted: 00:54:26 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator

I am just telling her that you can have a buddy Pokemon you dont even like, because you miss out on free stuff for not using it.

You could've just said that, instead of doing the unnecessary "-___-" face. (It makes you come off as passive aggressive whenever you use it, which is a lot)

And it still doesn't answer her question either way.
---
The Symbol of Victory

Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4105
#22 Posted: 01:01:41 17/09/2016

The post still came off pretty rude and didn't even answer the question as to if she could or not.

Also, Thank you so much Paris for posting that. I really need the Chandelure plush.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#23 Posted: 02:43:27 17/09/2016
Game time! If you could have a "Bond Phenomenon" (better known as synchro) with any Pokemon who would it be and how would it effect there appearance? Mine would be Gothitelle (I'm kind of negative unless you know me really well or I'm not the Internet) and it would make Gothitelle's hair things go all around here head and droop down (kind of like a male haircut maybe one covering one of here eyes) and a pink and purple dress (my favorite colors, yes I am a man) as I wear brighter colors
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#24 Posted: 03:24:36 17/09/2016
None because I hate the concept.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#25 Posted: 03:38:35 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki

Same.
---
The Symbol of Victory

#26 Posted: 03:43:17 17/09/2016

Me

---
---
#27 Posted: 03:48:44 17/09/2016
Geez, you are a bunch of downers, I'm not saying I like it ( I do though) it's just a hypothetical question
---
#28 Posted: 05:40:24 17/09/2016
Quote:
I'm not saying I like it ( I do though)

[User Posted Image]

-----------
---
#29 Posted: 05:41:29 17/09/2016
All I'm saying is it's an idea and I thought it would be fun... Geez
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#30 Posted: 07:13:30 17/09/2016
You know, I realize that I don't think anybody's ever explained why they don't like the idea of synchronizing with Pokemon other than just saying "it's dumb".
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#31 Posted: 07:18:46 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: AdamGregory03
You know, I realize that I don't think anybody's ever explained why they don't like the idea of synchronizing with Pokemon other than just saying "it's dumb".

I just personally really don't like the concept. Am I not allowed to dislike something?

And nowhere did I say that other people couldn't post about the "Bond Phenomenon" idea, I was just agreeing with Seiki about disliking the concept.
---
The Symbol of Victory

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:22:53 17/09/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#32 Posted: 07:23:52 17/09/2016
personally, im indifferent to it, i'm just fed up with people arguing about it
---
#33 Posted: 07:37:06 17/09/2016

I just personally really don't like the concept. Am I not allowed to dislike something?

And nowhere did I say that other people couldn't post about the "Bond Phenomenon" idea, I was just agreeing with Seiki about disliking the concept.

I apologize for coming off as rude there. Of course you're allowed to dislike it, I just want to know why people don't seem to like it.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:37:41 17/09/2016 by AdamGregory03
Underian Gold Sparx Gems: 2917
#34 Posted: 07:50:20 17/09/2016
the pokemon generations were great i loved them bothhh
---
kuckles
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3124
#35 Posted: 12:05:41 17/09/2016
i liked the shorts so far hopefully they are a trial to something bigger like origins
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#36 Posted: 14:33:55 17/09/2016
Quote: sprocketrocket
Game time! If you could have a "Bond Phenomenon" (better known as synchro) with any Pokemon who would it be and how would it effect there appearance? Mine would be Gothitelle (I'm kind of negative unless you know me really well or I'm not the Internet) and it would make Gothitelle's hair things go all around here head and droop down (kind of like a male haircut maybe one covering one of here eyes) and a pink and purple dress (my favorite colors, yes I am a man) as I wear brighter colors

Gastrodon definitely

Also oddly enough I just realized something, way long ago I made a theory called "Warlord Evolution is a reversed mega evolution" due to similarities between the 2. BUT bond phenomenon also seems to fit the bill as well. Maybe they got inspiration from Nobunaga's Ambition? Or it's a coincidence.
(especially with warlord evolution not appearing to have a "synchronized" state, and it's the warlord that mimics the Pokemon's appearance most of the time.)
---
#37 Posted: 16:03:21 17/09/2016
More info on the Sun and Moon anime!

[User Posted Image]
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
henryszuch Gold Sparx Gems: 2536
#38 Posted: 17:19:00 17/09/2016
Wait a second, there's now full HD artwork...

[User Posted Image]

TEAM ROCKET HAS A MIMIKYU?!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:19 17/09/2016 by henryszuch
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#39 Posted: 17:38:04 17/09/2016
Quote: henryszuch
Wait a second, there's now full HD artwork...

[User Posted Image]

TEAM ROCKET HAS A MIMIKYU?!

Did you not expect them to? First thing I thought when I saw Mimikyu for the first time was that Team Rcket would have one

5char
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8030
#40 Posted: 17:41:46 17/09/2016
Hmm... I wonder if the promo images are deliberately leaving out trail captains or if there really are only 4. <.<;

<.>;;
---
*borks loudly* :3
#41 Posted: 17:45:52 17/09/2016
pls dont turn mimikyu into the next mime jr/wobbafett

----------------------
---
henryszuch Gold Sparx Gems: 2536
#42 Posted: 18:01:26 17/09/2016
Quote: HIR
Hmm... I wonder if the promo images are deliberately leaving out trail captains or if there really are only 4. <.<;

<.>;;

I was wondering the same thing, and it seems like a lot of this art is pointing at only 4 trial captains

Quote: parisruelz12
pls dont turn mimikyu into the next mime jr/wobbafett

----------------------

My guess is he might be treated like a baby, like how Mime Jr./some of James Pokemon were, but I think for comic relief, they'll definitely use Bewear (and Wobbafett)
#43 Posted: 18:14:56 17/09/2016

It seems like a lame way to achieve Mega evolution through "The power of friendship!". This basically makes it so rather than using Mega stones, the anime just goes with a canon form of Pokemon Ami, but actually gives it a purpose other than evolving Sylveon. Really, the low amount of effort used in lazily tweaking a few facial features on the Pokemon could be done to give it an actual Mega evolution, or hell an evolution in general. Mega Evolution in itself was explained to involve not only the stones but a deep bond. Synchro just ****s on this concept by saying Megas can basically be achieved without the need of the stones. Before you try to say it isn't like Mega evolution, it kinda is. If you watch the anime and a battle between Alain & Ash it's basically said that while Synchronized, Ash's Greninja is more or less on par with a Mega in terms of power. The method to reach it changes, but the result is the same.

On top of that, the fact Ash gets it with Greninja over Pikachu is idiotic as if he would ever have such a bond like that with any Pokemon it would be Pikachu due to how much time they've been together and trained together. This makes it seem like Pikachu is just along for the ride of being the mascot at this point and all the real fighting is done by Ash's new Pokemon of the region that'll only get ditched when the Ash finishes with the region; only further making it stupid how much emphasis was put on this bond as Ash is going to ditch Greninja and we'll never see him again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:16:20 17/09/2016 by Seiki
Wham-Shell Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3483
#44 Posted: 23:34:38 17/09/2016

It seems like a lame way to achieve Mega evolution through "The power of friendship!". This basically makes it so rather than using Mega stones, the anime just goes with a canon form of Pokemon Ami, but actually gives it a purpose other than evolving Sylveon. Really, the low amount of effort used in lazily tweaking a few facial features on the Pokemon could be done to give it an actual Mega evolution, or hell an evolution in general. Mega Evolution in itself was explained to involve not only the stones but a deep bond. Synchro just ****s on this concept by saying Megas can basically be achieved without the need of the stones. Before you try to say it isn't like Mega evolution, it kinda is. If you watch the anime and a battle between Alain & Ash it's basically said that while Synchronized, Ash's Greninja is more or less on par with a Mega in terms of power. The method to reach it changes, but the result is the same.

On top of that, the fact Ash gets it with Greninja over Pikachu is idiotic as if he would ever have such a bond like that with any Pokemon it would be Pikachu due to how much time they've been together and trained together. This makes it seem like Pikachu is just along for the ride of being the mascot at this point and all the real fighting is done by Ash's new Pokemon of the region that'll only get ditched when the Ash finishes with the region; only further making it stupid how much emphasis was put on this bond as Ash is going to ditch Greninja and we'll never see him again.

This post. I can't even begin to explain how true this is.
---
Your friendly neighborhood Mountain Dew addict
Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more.
#45 Posted: 23:40:08 17/09/2016
Okay, disregard what I said here earlier about the anime, because I've actually got a theory about the Ultra Beasts and the game's plot.

Spoilered just in case.

The Ultra Beasts were created by the Aether Foundation by combining the DNA of humans and Pokemon, of which every Ultra Beast had a different patron for the human DNA (which is why UB-01 looks like Lillie and UB-02 Beauty looks like Lusamine). Their first attempt at creating an Ultra Beast was with Type: Null, which turned out as a full-fledged Pokemon instead, and a destructive one at that. Gladion captured Type: Null before leaving the Aether Foundation to form Team Skull and now wants to use Type: Null to take down the mascot legendary for... some... evil purpose.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:41:17 18/09/2016 by AdamGregory03
#46 Posted: 14:42:13 18/09/2016
Okay, disregard what I said here earlier about the anime, because I've actually got a theory about the Ultra Beasts and the game's plot.

Spoilered just in case.

The Ultra Beasts were created by the Aether Foundation by combining the DNA of humans and Pokemon, of which every Ultra Beast had a different patron for the human DNA (which is why UB-01 looks like Lillie and UB-02 Beauty looks like Lusamine). Their first attempt at creating an Ultra Beast was with Type: Null, which turned out as a full-fledged Pokemon instead, and a destructive one at that. Gladion captured Type: Null before leaving the Aether Foundation to form Team Skull and now wants to use Type: Null to take down the mascot legendary for... some... evil purpose.

I will challenge your theory with my theory
One, we know Type:Null was created to fight OFF legendaries. Or specifically pokemon spoken of in mythology. Second, the ultra beasts from what we can see in UB-01's discription states the ultra beasts can change shape. Thus there could be a reason UB-02 looks like Lusamine and Gladion, same with UB_01 and Lillie. THEY ARE THE BEASTS! Why is Aether Foundation studying them? Simple, to carry out Lusamine's plan to bring them all to earth for an invasion. Type:Null will then be used by UB-02 to also combat legendary Pokemon, so the Ultra Beasts wont have to waste unnecessary energy fighting themselves
---
#47 Posted: 14:54:02 18/09/2016

Spoilered just in case.

One, we know Type:Null was created to fight OFF legendaries. Or specifically pokemon spoken of in mythology. Second, the ultra beasts from what we can see in UB-01's discription states the ultra beasts can change shape. Thus there could be a reason UB-02 looks like Lusamine and Gladion, same with UB_01 and Lillie. THEY ARE THE BEASTS! Why is Aether Foundation studying them? Simple, to carry out Lusamine's plan to bring them all to earth for an invasion. Type:Null will then be used by UB-02 to also combat legendary Pokemon, so the Ultra Beasts wont have to waste unnecessary energy fighting themselves

I'm doubting that Lillie and her siblings (I assume they are) are the Ultra Beasts, but no doubt there's a connection in some way. Lillie has a role in the game and it seems that she might not be UB-01 because she clearly has a free will, while UB-01 is said to seemingly not have one. I know its not strong argument and it could be very untrue, but then you see Lillie has a role in the anime and seemingly a large one at that and we haven't had a point in the animes history where a character goes through a huge change and leaves. I know Brock left the show at one point, but that was an was a IRL reason. Lillie turning out to be UB-01 in the anime then would be odd. I'm not sure fully though.

-----
---
#48 Posted: 15:32:31 18/09/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Spoilered just in case.

I'm doubting that Lillie and her siblings (I assume they are) are the Ultra Beasts, but no doubt there's a connection in some way. Lillie has a role in the game and it seems that she might not be UB-01 because she clearly has a free will, while UB-01 is said to seemingly not have one. I know its not strong argument and it could be very untrue, but then you see Lillie has a role in the anime and seemingly a large one at that and we haven't had a point in the animes history where a character goes through a huge change and leaves. I know Brock left the show at one point, but that was an was a IRL reason. Lillie turning out to be UB-01 in the anime then would be odd. I'm not sure fully though.

-----

They all just happen to have that shade of hair, and green eyes. The green eyes is especially rare, even if they are related. The argument of UB-01 seemingly not having a will of it's own does raise some suspicion. Then again the exact wording is "Nobody KNOWS if it has a will of it's own". But correct me if I am wrong, but Lusamine is there when UB-01 comes out of the portal. Now when else have we seen UB-01? Nowhere else. What if, UB-02 has ways to make other Ultra Beasts follow her commands? Just a thought. Afterall this is some weird aliens we are talking about here.

-------------
---
#49 Posted: 15:38:25 18/09/2016
My Ultra Beasts theory

I think the Ultra Beasts are alternate-dimensional versions of the characters in Sun and Moon, hence the resemblance.
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#50 Posted: 15:39:03 18/09/2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:49:09 18/09/2016 by arceustheprime
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me