Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Activision Replacement Certificate
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#1 Posted: 14:10:33 06/09/2016 | Topic Creator
OK, so my series 2 Stump Smash went balls up last night while I was working on Heroics. Completed like 25 Heroic challenges, took a break, come back and all of a sudden the portal doesn't recognize him. NO broken toy message or anything, just not recognized on the portal. Tried other games and portals with same result. Anyway placed a support request through Activision for replacement but apparently all they do is issue a certificate accepted at most major retailers to buy a replacement. What use is this when most (ok all) major retailers around my area don't even stock Series 2 Stump Smash?? Looks like i'll have to bite the bullet and purchase another online. I'm pretty sure you cant use these certificates online or for used items most likely. Has anyone out there received one of these "Replacement Certificates"? I thought Activision would be able to send me a physical replacement but I guess not.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#2 Posted: 14:18:34 06/09/2016
Yeah, they won't send you old figures (because they're no longer in production). Discovered that when I checked it out after my Hex broke. Had to buy a used one off of ebay. I'm now seriously worried that one of my rarer figures might break... That would suck a lot.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 20:22:12 06/09/2016
Just imagine a few years down the line when most of these become paper clip weights. I'm dubious these things will last 20 years....I think that's a best case scenario.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:53 06/09/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 20:57:46 06/09/2016
Remember that Activision still produces a few bunch of figures of each game. I just don't know which ones.

From Spyro's Adventure, I think that Zook, Voodood, Camo and Warnado are still produced. Maybe more.
---
Bruh
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 22:56:18 06/09/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Just imagine a few years down the line when most of these become paper clip weights. I'm dubious these things will last 20 years....I think that's a best case scenario.

A reason why to invest in a Skylander backup program really. Although honestly I've never used my old game saves that I backed up off of older game and memory carts from 20 years ago. So many new games to play that I rarely return back to the older ones for any reason. And if I do, I'd probably edit the characters to avoid leveling up and whatever.
---
Stay Cool!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me