darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > The Twisterstorm Way! My trick of how to reset Traps
Page 1 of 1
The Twisterstorm Way! My trick of how to reset Traps
Dalton977622 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#1 Posted: 15:35:29 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I am known as DashTwisterstorm over at deviantart and skylands academy forums so don't get confused with the title.

We all heard of Paul Reich saying in the article that you cannot reset the Imaginators Battle Class. That's a huge let down for the game is that once you pick that Battle Class on that crystal, It will stay like that... FOREVER! But when I heard and read about, something hit me. I have some idea that could possibly fix that crystal weak spot by doing a portal trick.

I've remember two years back when I've captured the Chompy Mage in the living room and it's going on well until the error pops up saying 'The toy on the Traptanium Portal has a Problem'. So I went back to the academy and try to switch them in the Villain Vault. But I have the same error. I've restart the game, go to the options and saw a bracket saying "RESET THE BROKEN TOYS" I've accepted it and went back to the academy. I put the trap on and it has nothing on it. I've move the portal somewhere and try putting Chompy Mage in it. it works. Since my TV has somewhat messed up my portal to corrupt my trap data, I can use that to reset my traps if I needed too.

Now 2 Years After when we found out that the crystals are never will be reset-able, I have a theory on it. Crystals are like Traps and Traps cannot be reset manually. So I was thinking I might reset the Crystals the same way I did with the Traps. I'll find someway of getting the same error onto the Skylander because crystals go on portals not in the trap slot. When I do get the details of how to do it right, I will try that out on the creation crystal when the game comes out.

If you want to reset your traps to it's Factory slate, here are the instructions of how to do it

You Need:
A Traptanium Portal
Skylanders Trap Team Game(Any Consoles)
Any Trap
Any Skylander
A Flat Screen TV (Any kind will do. I'm using Panasonic as an example)

Steps
1. Put your Traptanium Portal right next to your TV. Make sure the trap slot is also next to it
2. Turn on your console and play Skylanders Trap Team.
3. Put a Skylander on the Traptanium Portal and then put a Trap in. Make sure the skylander is away from the trap slot or you could cause a error on both of your toys and have to take both of them off.
4. Now this is important. to activate the error, you must change either the hat of your villain or change villains on your trap and make sure the Traptanium Portal is still in front of the tv. When you did the change, the portal will not write anything on your trap and can notify you with the error that there is something wrong with the toy.
5. If you don't want to reset your skylander, remove the skylander of the Traptanium Portal immediately. If the error's on the skylander, reomve it from the portal and repeat step 3 to 4. If the error's on the trap, Don't remove it.
6. Pause the game and go to the Title Menu. If you cannot pause the game, remove the trap and repeat step 3 to 5. Next time, change the hat for your Villain.
7. When yoy quit the game and go to the title menu, Go to Settings and then go to General. There a new bracket that I have mention in my story. Double Check to make sure your Skylander is off the portal because it will reset the toys on the portal and not just the traps. If you are ready, go ahead and press RESET THE BROKEN TOYS button.
8. Go back to the academy and see if the trap is reset. If it has the previous villain on it, retry the steps again. If it has nothing on it, Congratulations! you have reset your trap "The Twisterstorm Way".
Aftermath. When you done resetting your traps, don't forget to move your portal away from your tv and it will write on your trap again. Your trap will no longer have any Evolved Villains on it and you can play your original villains until you evolve them again.

FAQ

Will it work in the previous games?
I'm tried it in Superchargers and it did work, but it did not give you the option to reset. Only to recover the toy. However, The Previous games can also have the reset option by doing this trick in Spyro's Adventures and Giants. SWAP Force is yet to be confirmed however.

Will it work with a Supercharger Portal or the previous portals?
Right now, The Traptanium Portal is the only portal that can do the trick in Trap Team. However, the previous portals can also do this trick in the previous games such as Spyro's Adventures, Giants and SWAP Force respectively. The Supercharger Portal will never work for this.

Will the trick work in Skylanders Imaginators?
Right now, the game's not out yet. I have some speculations that it will have the reset option for this trick rather than the recover one in Superchargers. If it does have the recover instead of reset, then the trick is useless. If it does have the reset, It can work for the Creation Crystals. I'm not saying that it will work but it might.

Will this trick break my Traptanium Portal?
The side effect of the portal is not very likely but if the speaker is not working while doing the trick, It's probably best to move it away from the TV for a while. You can check if the Portal's fix by go to options and change the sounds of the speaker. If you hear the Kaos sound from the portal, then it's ready. There is no way that you can break the portal doing it.

Is it possible to do multiple traps on the same reset run?
Of course not. The portal only identify one and only one toy to reset at a time. By order to fully reset your traps in your collections, you have to do it one at the time.

Would this trick work in Skylanders 3DS and Ipad?
Well, I have not tried this in the 3DS version of the game and I would like to give it a try. but it's because of the small bluetooth 3DS portal that came in the stater pack, I'm afraid that it'll not work. As for the Ipad version of Trap Team, It could work. You just need to try it out yourself. Make sure to come back and tell me it work or not

Will this reset my special variant villain to it's normal form?
Yes! It is very inevitable that your special variant villain will be resetted for good. So if you want to keep your Outlaw, Riot, Rebel, Steampunk and Steamed in your collection, DO NOT try this on them. This is tried on my Outlaw on October 8th and it works.

Side Effects of using the trick
Theres really are no side effects of using this trick. Just be careful not to forgetfully reset your Skylander while doing it. You can also do it with the Skylander as well by changing the hat or giving it an upgrade to get the error. But unlike the traps, It has the reset button in your Skylanders Stats Screen. If the trick doesn't always happen, let the portal take a break from being to close to the TV. That way, the Portal will know it's surroundings and it will do the trick again when the portal is ready

This is for most Portal Masters who does not have Panasonic, If your TV have different spots that you need to find from top to bottom, then look for it. If you found it, comment the location of what TV that you owned and I'll write it down on the list.

Feel free to tell everyone that If you find this intresting. BUT DON'T FORGET TO TELL THEM THATS MY IDEA!

Here's a link of a demonstrations of the trick on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzSFe50KWZ8
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:47:16 08/10/2016 by Dalton977622
#2 Posted: 17:23:40 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Well it could be that. But this is just a glitch for some who doesn't want any harm to their skylanders save
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#3 Posted: 18:31:46 26/08/2016
the trick doesnt work for me
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
#4 Posted: 18:32:49 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
What TV is it that you using?
#5 Posted: 18:36:31 26/08/2016
small samsung flatscreen
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
#6 Posted: 18:38:13 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
If your Traptanium Portal's not reaching the TV's underside, simply pt some books under it. If it doesn't work, Try finding a spot for your portal to get triggered on
#7 Posted: 18:42:04 26/08/2016
lol triggered. so the tv foes ABOVE the portal and it goes in front, behind, or right under it.
---
#8 Posted: 18:47:03 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Your portal needs to touch the edge of the TV to get the error. Make sure you put in a Trap and the Skylander first before putting the portal it in front of the TV and either change the hat of your villain or change the villain of your trap
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:59 26/08/2016 by Dalton977622
#9 Posted: 18:54:09 26/08/2016
still doesnt work. is there anything else im missing?
---
#10 Posted: 19:00:58 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I've looked up on the inside of the samsung tv on google and some of them have the metal piece at the back of it. Try putting it there

Another thing, I also looked up on the Panasonic TV and the speakers happens to have metal in it. If you find the speakers of your TV, place your portal there
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:27:59 26/08/2016 by Buuzer
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#11 Posted: 19:10:59 26/08/2016
I'd just like to say, magnets will probably work in place of a TV, but since magnets screw with electronics it may not be the best idea.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#12 Posted: 19:14:13 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Well thats maybe true. My Panasonic Flat Screen will never betray my Traptanium Portal. If it does screwed your portal, That does not mean it's broken. Just put the portal away from the tv for some while. You can check if the portal is ready by checking the sound of the portal in settings. If you hear Kaos' Voice, then it's fixed!

Magnets might work, but I wouldn't trying to risk it. Metal from technology devices is what I have recommended to smilie the trick
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:36:46 26/08/2016 by Buuzer
#13 Posted: 19:25:13 26/08/2016
i LITERALLY put Gulper's slimey, green *** next to the speakers, put a hat on, and i dont see anything else.there is no trigger.
---
#14 Posted: 19:30:47 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
if you do a detection to find a spot or two of where there it's most likely to have a error, You'll have a chance of getting the trick done. Just keep trying from the front, the side and the back and you will find it. Also, You will know you found the spot when the magic moment of the skylander or the villain is very slow.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:32:38 26/08/2016 by Dalton977622
#15 Posted: 19:36:39 26/08/2016
ok ill try that
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#16 Posted: 19:41:07 26/08/2016
Instructions unclear; yawn trap suddenly materialized inside ceiling fan

this is a joke I can't get my X360 out of the wardrobe and test this
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#17 Posted: 19:50:54 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Lol. It's a little complicated once it's been on the forums for a while. But it will work for most people when time goes by. Also, I also really want the Yawn Traps and unfortunately for Americans, we don't have it in Europe either smilie.
#18 Posted: 19:59:55 26/08/2016
Update; tried holding the portal up to the fan, figure scans as Thrillipede. Attempting to remove the figure from the figure kinda tore the chip in half, though.

In all seriousness, we do have to be careful with the metal parts. As Blink182Bouncer said, magnets do damage the chips, so if the thing you hold the portal against is too strong you might never get it reset.
---
#19 Posted: 20:40:41 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Well then I guess I have to call upon my old friends of my to test the magnets theory out. The SWAP Force! I'll let you know when I'm still alive
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#20 Posted: 21:02:15 26/08/2016
One issue though, you theory hinges on the crystals being like the traps, I'd wager the opposite, they aren't like the traps and are more like the characters. Note that the crystals have bases just like characters do [User Posted Image]. On top of that they actually have characters on them, and while I'm making an assumption, the character RFID chips have a larger antennae while the traps didn't need it as the information being passed was most likely minimal.

so I'd assume these would function more like characters and some of the old character editors - if updated - could reset it.

It may be illegal, but this is one of those times where my hand would be forced...
-Unreall
#21 Posted: 21:06:58 26/08/2016
I think the bug can still affect the Skylanders, Unreallystic, and by extension the crystals. Changing the character data while purposefully disturbing the portal signal would do it to everything on it.
---
#22 Posted: 21:13:45 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
That's what I said in the thread that it can happen to the Skylander by changing the hat or getting upgrades. So even a single change of an Imaginator's move or gear can disturbed the portal connection to the game causing a error. My SWAP Force magnets is not very effective to the trick. I also put the top half and the bottom onto the edge of my Panasonic and they didn't stick. So your theory of Magnets is the problem of the portal's error are somewhat debunked.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:44 26/08/2016 by Dalton977622
#23 Posted: 21:15:33 26/08/2016
The magnets are made to not affect the Skylander, Twisterstorm. They mentioned that in interviews. Regular strong magnets will still eat up the signal or even permanently damage the chips, so I wouldn't screw around with that.
---
#24 Posted: 21:20:32 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Well I also wouldn't recommend using Regular Magnets. Oh no! I don't think my Panasonic have magnets underneath. I also thought it might be the metal and besides, Metal is the primary problem of Portal Problems. See the link of the video from someone else saying that you need to put the portal away from metal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig_Tv71Y34A

@Unreallystic I was just saying that just like Traps, you cannot reset it like you did with the Skylanders. This trick can also be used with the skylander either way.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:45 26/08/2016 by Buuzer
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#25 Posted: 21:55:09 26/08/2016
Dalton977622 use the edit post, don't double post, please.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#26 Posted: 22:02:58 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Sorry Buuzer, It slips out in one of my comments.
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#27 Posted: 22:43:30 26/08/2016
I would try this, but I wouldn't want to break a Creation Crystal. It would be like throwing $10 into the blender and then nuking it!
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#28 Posted: 22:49:13 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Lol. Well you don't have to do it. This is for some people who want to reset their crystals so they wouldn't have to spend so much money on it. They just want to reset battle classes.

Just a note of a useful tip that when you search for a spot to smilie the effect, move your Skylander over at the Villain Vault where you change your villain. It will make a sound and glow in the trap slot. If it still makes a sound but it's not lit up, you've found the metal spot in your tv. Also it is very important to not use a regular magnet to do the job because you will break the chip of the toy. If your portal's got fuzzy and it still not glowing, move your portal away from the tv and it'll will regain the signal to try again
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:06:16 27/08/2016 by Dalton977622
#29 Posted: 16:36:30 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
UPDATE!!!

I've found someone who tried the cheat and it works for him. wiijosi platforms is the person who done it so I gave credits to him for trying it

Also another UPDATE!!!
wiijosi platforms has already established that he used the Samsung TV and it has something to do with the metal piece in the speaker. If anyone has a TV that has trigger the same effect, please do not hesitate to comment the TV you're used
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:07 03/10/2016 by Dalton977622
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30 Posted: 20:51:57 03/10/2016
FYI, speakers operate on powerful magnets. Powerful magnets interrupt electrical systems and data storage. Not surprising that you're able to corrupt a Skylander figure this way, as you're literally interrupting the data bits that are being sent to it as their electrons are being stripped away mid-access.

This same trick that you're using to corrupt the data on traps and figures could also potentially irreversably damage your portal as well. So, y'know... maybe don't try it with stuff you'll be upset with losing in a worst-case scenario.
#31 Posted: 21:09:51 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Well as someone who found out this trick, I have used it alot of time and it never breaks my traptanium portal since. wiijosi platforms have already tried this 15 times with it's traps and I have never heard an complaint from him. Even if the portal's going to break on you, you will have to give a portal a break sometimes from the TV if you don't want to have the worst irreversible non-case scenario. As long the portal is not close to the magnets without the plastic in between, your portal will be alright.

But it is also best if you don't want to do it with the Special Variant traps that you have. If it reset, it can be a normal villain for life. This trick has many flaws but this is the only way to reset a trap
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:12:37 03/10/2016 by Dalton977622
#32 Posted: 21:22:58 03/10/2016
Actually, if you own the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure, you can use it to reset traps as well. There's been mention of it in the main Imaginators discussion thread multiple times over the past few days.
#33 Posted: 21:24:56 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
But can it read new figures. Well if the 3ds versions have some kind of dealio of a feature that will reset ANY toy. how does it work? In Spyro's Adventure, only the green bases are allowed in the game
#34 Posted: 21:29:57 03/10/2016
I don't have the game to test, but there's been discussion saying that it works on traps if you lay them across the old portal. My guess is that the toys have a non-writable bit of data in them that says "this is my base setting" that the particular version of the game reads and sets it back to zero.
#35 Posted: 21:33:33 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
So your saying that if you have a corrupted toy that needed to be reset on the 3ds. you can boot up the game, get that reset option and swap the figure with the crystal just so you can reset the crystal itself? I'll try to get the Spyro's Adventure game on the 3ds to try it for myself. I've already got a 3ds portal from the Superchargers Racing game and I've already have Dark Spyro from the single pack exclusive to Tesco a few years back. I think I might need this method to corrupt the toy however if it's impossible to corrupt the toy in the game
#36 Posted: 21:37:50 03/10/2016
From what they were saying, you don't even need to corrupt the toy. If you put a figure that it doesn't recognize on the portal, it'll see that it's a Skylander and give you the option to reset to zero.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#37 Posted: 22:44:12 03/10/2016
The 3ds SA trick is definatley the best option to reset traps, its much easier and you dont have to corrupt anything.

I tested the trick on trophys and other figures though and it doesnt work.

So it may not/probably wont work with creation crystals. Traps just seem to be an odd figure the game doesnt recognise properly so they think theyre corrupted when a villain is inside.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#38 Posted: 23:11:38 03/10/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
The 3ds SA trick is definatley the best option to reset traps, its much easier and you dont have to corrupt anything.

I tested the trick on trophys and other figures though and it doesnt work.

So it may not/probably wont work with creation crystals. Traps just seem to be an odd figure the game doesnt recognise properly so they think theyre corrupted when a villain is inside.

True, but aren't Crystals very similar to Traps in that they can hold certain character data that's not uniquely linked to them.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#39 Posted: 01:41:40 04/10/2016
I believe the way the reset option works is that it removes all data from the figure, except one little piece: The special key that identifies the figure. New figures all come with that key, and when it is put into a game that is compatible with it, the game writes all base data with the figure (upgrades, gold, xp, etc.). If the key isn't compatible, which in this case is any non-green base figure's key, it doesn't know what data to write, so it identifies the character as incompatible. If it is a character with already-existing information, but with an incompatible key, it will do the same.

Traps must be a special case. Their information is different from Magic Items and Skylanders in the sense they only hold Hats, Nicknames, Villain Quests, and the currently-inserted Villain. Their key, along with the arrangement of information, must tell SSA 3DS that the figure on the Portal is an SSA Skylander that is corrupt, or with disrupted information, and that it must be reset to function.

I read a bit on how a Reset works in Pyrofer's thread, but I reasoned the rest of it out. In this case, a Creation Crystal can be reset by SSA 3DS if it's key is alike to SSA Skylanders, and if it's information is alike to a corrupt Skylander, then, and only then, can it be reset.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#40 Posted: 18:02:28 09/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Wiijoshi platforms have made a video about this method. Here's the link to the video
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcL1XU-CW0

This video is Spanish but he also left a link to my original video in the video and in the description.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:06:28 09/10/2016 by Dalton977622
#41 Posted: 18:06:18 09/10/2016
Quote: Dalton977622
Wiijoshi platforms have made a video about this method. Here's the link to the video
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcL1XU-CW0

This video is German but he also left a link to my original video about it

I never thought that two years of spanish would be used to reset crystal traps. weird.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:41 09/10/2016 by Pickle
#42 Posted: 18:10:27 09/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks to him, My method have worked on a few Portal Masters. If he could do it, so can some people. smilie
#43 Posted: 23:08:39 09/10/2016
Quote: Dalton977622
Thanks to him, My method have worked on a few Portal Masters. If he could do it, so can some people. smilie

It still doesn't work for me. Blue Grave Clobber, I need you!
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#44 Posted: 23:22:04 09/10/2016
Has anyone who has the game tried this? Im genuinely intrigued.

The basis of solving the reset problem is that the figure has to become corrupted correct? What if you had a reall strong magnet?
#45 Posted: 04:07:00 10/10/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
Has anyone who has the game tried this? Im genuinely intrigued.

The basis of solving the reset problem is that the figure has to become corrupted correct? What if you had a reall strong magnet?

Magnets alone shouldn't affect an RFID tag that isn't being accessed. The chips in Skylanders figures are passive--the information is static on them until a powered source (the portal) attempts to access their data. A strong enough magnet (such as an unshielded one in a cheap TV speaker) can potentially interrupt the write process, resulting in data corruption... which is basically the whole premise of this thread. (Trying to corrupt the data on a read process is pointless, as that just interrupts the system's ability to read the figure. You'd have to corrupt it on a write sequence to cause the figure to error out.)

The ultimate question now is: is the data on the Creation Crystals stored similarly enough to the previous generations' figures that they could be restored when corrupted?
#46 Posted: 18:50:04 12/10/2016 | Topic Creator
We're only so close to Europe's release and I'm ready to prove the method that not only traps but also crystals. Stay calm Portal Masters, we are almost there
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#47 Posted: 11:38:41 14/10/2016
So you tried this on Outlaw and hes just a regular one now? That seems like the ID tags are not permanent like they were once assumed.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#48 Posted: 11:43:40 14/10/2016
The same happened with Pyrofer's tool - seems like clean wipes remove trap variants, maybe even Crystal variants if we get any.
---
#49 Posted: 00:12:08 15/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Guys, I have some fears of bad news. You know that recover setting that introduced in Swap Force and then Superchargers. I've tried that cheat and it turns out it did not have the same error in Trap Team but unfortunately it's a recover option. I've feel so sorry about that will never work on Crystals. It works on traps but never on crystals. smilie

The Twisterstorm Way! R.I.P
August 2016 - October 2016.

At least we can still reset by using a 3ds spyro adventure Portal cheat.

UPDATE!
Someone have found a way to do this on Skylanders Giants!. I'm sure will that work but I will give this a try
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:12:51 24/10/2016 by Dalton977622
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me