darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this...
Page 1 of 1
I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this...
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#1 Posted: 15:47:22 24/08/2016 | Topic Creator
In my opinion, this game was a bit of a letdown.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 15:48:58 24/08/2016
Pointless topic is pointless smilie

EDIT: I'm assuming this is a joke, since none of us like SC that much.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:03 24/08/2016 by yelvy
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 15:49:39 24/08/2016
Nearly everyone in this forum would agree with you on that! I am personally not that big of a fan of Superchargers. I'd rather play the other games
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#4 Posted: 16:31:15 24/08/2016
Depends on what regard in my opinion. The story was great to me, but the gimmick was lackluster.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#5 Posted: 19:45:08 24/08/2016
well everyone has there opinions, i liked the gimmick a lot minus the side scroll water parts, to much of that. story was good but went a little to fast at the end. characters were good. it did fall short of a few things, online racing was a big one. overall good game but could of been better if things were tweaked a little.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#6 Posted: 00:10:21 25/08/2016
I just started playing . To be honest it looks pretty good so far and I appreciate the fact that you only need 3 vehicles to unlock everything . I am sure i will buy more toys of course .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:13 25/08/2016 by Dark fhoenix
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#7 Posted: 00:55:35 25/08/2016
I don't like the vehicles taking the focus away from the Skylanders themselves, but I still enjoyed the game overall. Only parts I truly hated were most of the boss fights ( too much car combat...and The Darkness was just terribly designed, all that build up for a lame ring race ), the cheap AI in races ( worse rubberbanding than in Mario Kart IMO ), SKystones ( never liked it PERIOD ) and that stupid Bandit Train ( freaking Tessa...I love her, but WHY does she keep sending me to that godawful place? ). The overabundance of Stardust, randomized collectibles, low number of Winged Sapphires ( compared to the previous games ), magic item & trap usage and co-op achievement only bothered me a little in comparison...oh, and let's not forget how they managed to completely FUBAR Thrillipede's release
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:43 25/08/2016 by ChillStealthElf
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#8 Posted: 02:39:53 25/08/2016
I'm giving you hate for this.
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#9 Posted: 17:53:21 25/08/2016
Ehh, I am selling mine for 3 bucks a piece
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#10 Posted: 01:47:53 26/08/2016
i agree the game was probably the worst in the series but the figures were probably some of the best.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#11 Posted: 02:47:20 26/08/2016
Welcome to the site, Kat Kun. Yeah, there has been a lot of hate for this game on the site. I'm glad excitement for Imaginators has distracted form the hating. I agree with ChillStealthElf. I liked the chapters, but don't bother with replay. Imaginators will be out soon enough before you get too bored with it, hopefully.

I just pulled SC out again to change Nightfall's path. It was fun, I'll admit it, but I miss all the extras like they had in Giants and Swap Force.
---
Any last wishes?
Dalton977622 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#12 Posted: 22:45:39 26/08/2016
Well I have to agree with most of you guys. Superchargers has the best dark story and it's gameplay are somewhat very awesome. But when the gimmick was in the way of enjoying the Skylander game like land vehicles only bosses and 50% walking, 50% driving levels. some levels are somewhere weak like Battlebrawl Island and Cap'n Cluck Chicken Headquarters. The NPC characters like Flynn (he's fine for most part because he was voiced by freakin Patrick Warburton but most of the time, he was being more of a comic relief rather than one of a main character) and Cali overstayed their welcome and some of the characters such as Baron Von ShellShock and Captian Cluck are not worth bringing back (well, just the story for Cluck, he's great in racing mode). The Figures of the Superchargers and the Vehicles are just amazing and the tracks that comes in racing mode are enjoyable to play on. This Game may not reach it's full potentional like SWAP Force, Giants or even Trap Team but it is very fun game to play if you are new to Skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:07 26/08/2016 by Dalton977622
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#13 Posted: 02:51:21 27/08/2016
Quote: Dalton977622
Well I have to agree with most of you guys. Superchargers has the best dark story and it's gameplay are somewhat very awesome. But when the gimmick was in the way of enjoying the Skylander game like land vehicles only bosses and 50% walking, 50% driving levels. some levels are somewhere weak like Battlebrawl Island and Cap'n Cluck Chicken Headquarters. The NPC characters like Flynn (he's fine for most part because he was voiced by freakin Patrick Warburton but most of the time, he was being more of a comic relief rather than one of a main character) and Cali overstayed their welcome and some of the characters such as Baron Von ShellShock and Captian Cluck are not worth bringing back (well, just the story for Cluck, he's great in racing mode). The Figures of the Superchargers and the Vehicles are just amazing and the tracks that comes in racing mode are enjoyable to play on. This Game may not reach it's full potentional like SWAP Force, Giants or even Trap Team but it is very fun game to play if you are new to Skylanders.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm a completionist, so since all the collectibles are shared through the files, all I have left is online racing, and you all know how well THAT works.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#14 Posted: 03:06:30 27/08/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
Quote: Dalton977622

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm a completionist, so since all the collectibles are shared through the files, all I have left is online racing, and you all know how well THAT works.

wait...collectibles are shared between files? seriously? so if I have everything and start a new save file, every chest/present/etc will just have exp/money/Gearbits/Stardust? I'm all for having our toy collections carry over all save files ( kind of pointless and dumb to have to change ownership on every save file when it's all under the same profile smilie ) but that's just asinine....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:48:04 27/08/2016 by ChillStealthElf
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#15 Posted: 15:37:28 27/08/2016
Quote: GinjaNinja
Depends on what regard in my opinion. The story was great to me, but the gimmick was lackluster.

This is where I fell. There was very little "exploration" when the game was over, nor was there anything else left to do other than race...but most of that was done before I finished the game (save for the time they made us wait for the next trophy to unlock content).

Having to deal with random level content from the NPCs was VERY frustrating. I probably had to play 100 or so of them to finally get the last card.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:38:07 27/08/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#16 Posted: 15:43:50 27/08/2016
I agree the game is awful ...
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#17 Posted: 13:15:49 16/09/2016
This game had better potential, it just wasn't good enough
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2520
#18 Posted: 02:09:14 18/09/2016
Quote: Trighap52
I agree the game is awful ...

Why i skipped the game
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#19 Posted: 02:50:26 18/09/2016
this game is a let down, in many areas.

but it does have ONE saving grace-

gadfly glades.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#20 Posted: 04:00:46 18/09/2016
I personally really liked Cloudbreather's Crag, Vault of the Ancients the Cloud Kingdom levels. Buttttt that's about it. The few times I go back to play SC I play through those 3, Gadfly Glades and Captain Cluck's. The rest just aren't that fun
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#21 Posted: 06:17:45 18/09/2016
I really liked SuperChargers, to be honest. Even after 3 playthroughs on different save files, I still like it just as much.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#22 Posted: 06:27:35 18/09/2016
The story itself was pretty great and enjoyable. But the levels were waaay to gimmicky which killed the replay value for me.
---
i am trash
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me