First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
How did you discover Skylanders?
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#51 Posted: 18:24:49 24/08/2016
I just got payed like 100$ and i had no idea what to do with it! So i went to the store and i was confused to either buy Swap Force or Infinity! In the End i join infinity and a year later i decided to start to join the community a bit more! I never talked i just saw other peoples thoughts and sometimes had my own thoughts! That same year i became really into Steven Universe half way through the year i made a Instagram account to talk about steven universe! But i was still a big fan of Skylanders! Around the fall of Supchargers and when the haitus was about to end i ask my followers "What kinda stuff would you like to see?" I had one comment saying: Skylanders! So I restarted my account and renamed in @TrapMaster_knightmare! And then about 2 weeks after i thought that maybe i could go on Darkspyro! So i tried my first accont called Dreamteam! And i started sharing my theories and thoughts! And i became part of this amazing Forum! And now I am glad that i picked Swap force because it changed my life so much! And i still am in love with steven universe and have watched every episode! Thank you Toys for Bob and VV! I do wonder. Waht would have happend if i had picked infinity? Would i have switched to skylanders when the company quit? And even what if i kept up the Steven Universe Account? Would i eventually give up on skylanders? No one will ever know!
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#52 Posted: 18:28:54 24/08/2016
Is the exclamation point the only punctuation you use!

(just jokes dont worry being funny but failing)
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#53 Posted: 18:31:13 24/08/2016
Quote: Luminous35

Im Upbeat!

But honestly i cried writing this...

That one decision started this big adventure and has changed my life! .
Im a proud fan of skylanders. And im just excited to where else that choice will take me.
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:31:37 24/08/2016 by DreamTeam
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#54 Posted: 19:34:16 24/08/2016
I was in TRU one day and they had a demo for SSA, so I played it. I played it for hours, and instantly loved it. When wave 1 came out, I bought everything, and I've done that ever since.

Quote: DreamTeam

Im Upbeat!

Im a proud fan of skylanders. And im just excited to where else that choice will take me.

But doesn't mean you're upbeat, just that you're not using proper grammar! It's the same thing as TYPING IN ALL CAPS! It just makes it look like you're SCREAMING IN SOMEONE'S FACE, even if you don't mean it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Dead
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#55 Posted: 19:35:11 24/08/2016
Quote: mega spyro
I was in TRU one day and they had a demo for SSA, so I played it. I played it for hours, and instantly loved it. When wave 1 came out, I bought everything, and I've done that ever since.

Quote: DreamTeam

Im Upbeat!

But doesn't mean you're upbeat, just that you're not using proper grammar! It's the same thing as TYPING IN ALL CAPS! It just makes it look like you're SCREAMING IN SOMEONE'S FACE, even if you don't mean it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed so much at this post smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#56 Posted: 01:33:51 25/08/2016
Looked up on the internet when the next Spyro game would come out back in early 2011, then I saw Skylander's synopsis on Wikipedia and was confused at first; but then I saw the trailer and got hyped for it. Then after playing Spyro's Adventure, I've been hooked on Skylanders since. smilie
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#57 Posted: 02:33:53 25/08/2016
A couple of my son's friends had SA so it became a Christmas present. We now have the Skylanders bag under the tree every year.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
kczportalmaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#58 Posted: 11:25:35 18/05/2017
on my way to collage a swap force commercial pop up on my phone and i was like ok what this and i ask my mom
to get me some.
---
go home villains your all drunk off for your G()D DVWN @5535
Mozenrath1 Red Sparx Gems: 73
#59 Posted: 05:17:49 07/08/2017
I was in mourning over infinity’s closure. I knew of skylanders but it never struck accord with me.
I must of come scan old article about trap team explaining the games story and it’s game mechanics.
And it really intrigued me. The idea of capturing villains and actually putting them into traptanium traps and being able hear them inside them sounded cool. But also the fact that you could call on them to help you fight the other bad guys in the game essentially letting them to atone for there misdeeds and work for the side of good was awesome. So I found a cheap 10.00 starter pack for the iPad and after playing a few chapters ended up looking for a PS4 starter pack. Only picked up the figures from the 10 Elements and magic items and all the traps. So I found cheap starters of superchargers and imanginators and again only got the figures for all the elements. The one thing I did do in imanginators was to get all the Sensei villains cause I felt that it was continuing the story set from trap Team with the villains having atoned for their misdeeds and fully joining the fight for good by becoming Sensei’s.
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#60 Posted: 19:07:14 07/08/2017
I'd heard my oldest son talking about skylanders, and I knew it was a franchise for kids of some sort, but I really didn't know what it was. I thought it was something like pokemon, but had no idea whether there was a playing card component, a video game component, a cartoon, any combination, or none of the above.

Now, I'd been retired from video games for about 17 years, so I didn't know any of the newish characters in gaming. I only knew the name of Spyro because 10 years ago I won a carnival basketball game, this purple dragon stuffed animal was the only prize they had, and somebody told me its name and that it was a video game character. Huh. Okay.

Christmas of '15, my wife suggests that we get the family a videogame system. My oldest was 8, so I figured we couldn't delay the inevitable much longer. We got the Mario Kart WiiU, and my wife found a Swap Force starter pack for $17. It wasn't until wrapping presents on Christmas Eve that I actually discovered what "toys to life" was. Huh. Interesting idea.

Even then, I didn't really pay much attention to that game (but loved playing Mario Kart with the kids), until a few months later when my wife asked me to find a couple more figurines online for his birthday. By this time he'd beaten the game and maxed out all three starters, but he still loved it. He's a better kid than I deserve. I don't recall him ever even mentioning wanting new characters. If only my case of the "wantsies" was as under control as his!

Unfortunately for my wife, she did unwittingly create a bit of a monster. I did get the two or three that he said he really wanted the most, and then, once it was on my radar and I knew about things like elements and element gates, I also picked up a few more from the second-hand store for a buck apiece, so he'd have one of each element and could access "everything" in the game.

It was at that point I started playing the game with him to see what it was all about. BIG mistake on my part. Now that I knew what Swap Zones were, and they were cool enough, I figured, shoot, get one of each of those too, because, again, I wanted to unlock every playable part in the game, dang it!

Then, after getting a decent bunch of swappers for a good price (but still not having at least one of each), my obsessive-compulsive side REALLY kicked in, and so since we had both swappers of some types and none of other types, I figured the best way to rectify the situation was just to get all 16. Great.

I behaved myself for a bit after that, only getting non-swappers when they were at the second-hand store or a 3-pack at Five Below for $5, etc, but that meant the collection included a decent number of reposes, which I knew worked in the previous games. Once I found out that Game Stop sold used copies of Giants and Spyro's Adventure for only a couple dollars apiece, I thought I might as well get those games "for my investment" in the cores we already had. At that point it really was just a lost cause. I decided just to hunt down the rest of the characters for the first three games and be done with it.

I never cared about it from a collectible perspective, i.e. didn't care about variants or lightcore or anything, and honesly, didn't really want anything but the most recent repose, since the reposes were backwards compatible, and the latest one could do the most stuff in the most recent game. If I ran into an option of regular or variant and they were the same price, I'd go for the variant just for sake of variety. Again, I just wanted to unlock all of the characters in the games. So we ended up with a few lightcores, the Scarlet Ninjini (looks better anyway), and the like.

I thought we were done. By that point (about a year ago), Trap Team figures and traps were at the height of their rarity and going for insanely high prices, so I assumed that SC would be the same way, and was content to leave our collection at the first three games. Then, a shattered SF disc required a trip to Game Stop for a replacement, and I happened to notice how inexpensive the SC stuff was.

That reignited the collection bug. I got the kids all of the SC stuff, but still didn't plan on going back to TT, since those were still expensive second-hand. But, with me being in the scavenger mode again, when I noticed some good craigslist bundles for Trap Team collections, I jumped on them as well. Same with Imaginators. At this point I'm only a couple figures away from having all playables in TT as well, we've got all playables in SC, and, even though I'm waiting to give the kids Imaginators for Christmas, I've gotten about half of the senseis. With any luck, there'll be some good black friday deals and I can get one of each and be done with it.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#61 Posted: 22:06:53 07/08/2017
I was searching for a new spyro game on google and YouTube then I came across skylanders spyro's adventure's trailer.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#62 Posted: 22:11:12 07/08/2017
My friend wanted me to play SA with him and I got hooked. The next day I bought everything that had come out. I went to Best Buy and bought that mega bundle pack as well as Drobot and Prism Break, and then I went to Gamestop and bought Stump Smash. There's been no looking back since.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:30:04 08/08/2017 by Chompy-King257
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#63 Posted: 23:09:55 07/08/2017
I was helping my old mother out with her shopping at Walmart. Pushing her in a wheel chair around the store and I saw one of those a Giants display cases in the center isle. Chill caught my eye!

Eventually I got around to researching the game on the internet and I had discovered it was a lot Gauntlet Legends, which was one of my favorite games back then. This was around Black Friday time, so I went off and got myself a set and a Hex and Stealth from Best Buy as they had them super cheap. Little did I know that you needed a ton of them because of element gates so I got more and more. It got to be like Pokemon where you gotta get them all! LOL
---
Stay Cool!
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#64 Posted: 03:49:08 08/08/2017
I first discovered skylanders when I saw the base at target store saw whirlwind as an ad also discovered it cause of my first every Skylander bash
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#65 Posted: 16:35:12 08/08/2017
I got into Skylanders when I first saw a poster of it over by the entrance/exit doors at Wal-Mart, and saw a few commercials for it (back when the toys "talked"). Sure, I knew they weren't going to go Toy Story on me; but the gameplay and characters looked pretty amazing. A few months later; I am OFFICIALLY part of this franchise's fandom....if you can call it that.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me