Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
How did you discover Skylanders?
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#1 Posted: 19:17:56 21/08/2016 | Topic Creator
When I was around 9 or 7, I wanted the game for a while, then for Christmas my grandma and grandpa bought me the 3DS version of Giants.
Since it was the 3DS version, It was MUCH different than the game they were advertising on the commercials.
1 or 2 years later, I got Skylanders: Swap Force on PS4 for Christmas. I loaded up the game, and put Blast Zone on the portal.
I expected Blast Zone to say his name, like characters do in the 3DS version, but instead, he said: "Blast and Furious!"
I thought I heard it wrong, so I put him on the portal again, and he still said the same thing. I noticed the game is MUCH different than 3DS ports, and it was also much better! I've been a HUGE fan since Swap Force, and I still am to this day.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
MekakuCityPKMN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1516
#2 Posted: 19:25:20 21/08/2016
Back when Beyblade: Metal Fusion was on, I saw a ton of the Skylanders: Giants commercials on Cartoon Network. It looked cool, I liked the concept of "beings from an alternate universe get thrown through a portal to another dimension and becoming statues" and I really needed a new game to start playing. It only went downhill from there.
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

might be making a soft continuation of the series, idk
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 19:27:49 21/08/2016
Saw Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure on the shelves, asked for it for Christmas, and liked the series ever since.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#4 Posted: 19:31:37 21/08/2016
Back in early 2011, I saw a YouTube video about a new Spyro game rumour so I went on DarkSpyro after not visiting for a while and that's where I saw the announcement for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. At first, I wasn't too sure what I thought about it, but I kept an open mind and decided to give it a chance. As more info for the game was revealed throughout the year, I got more excited and pre-ordered it because I thought toys to life was a clever concept. However, aside from that, Spyro was the main reason I got into it and I probably would've avoided this series if it weren't for his inclusion.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#5 Posted: 19:37:14 21/08/2016
Discovered it through Spyro, as he's been a life long interest. I was displeased with it for the first year or so, refusing to learn more about it. (I was one of those who couldn't get over his change in appearance.) On my birthday in early 2013 I bought an S2 Cynder single pack for no reason, I just thought she didn't look as bad. After warming up to it greatly I bought Giants and every other game before and after. With such dedication to it nowadays I wonder why I was so stubborn back then.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#6 Posted: 19:37:25 21/08/2016
Someone told me about Spyro's Adventure a few months before launch in 2011, knowing I was an avid Spyro fan. Got it for Christmas that year, been following the series ever since!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:04 21/08/2016 by yelvy
Nuigi12 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1406
#7 Posted: 19:47:15 21/08/2016
The first game trailer for Skylanders Spyros adventure showed up and I loved Spyro. But the first game I owned was Skylanders Giants.
---
Skylanders Weapon Masters: "Equiped with power!"
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#8 Posted: 20:08:53 21/08/2016
I read daily news on videogames, and I loved Spyro; so I was very aware of what skylanders was before it was even released.

However what really caught my attention was the concept itself: a high number of playable characters (each with their own skills), in a 3D world action/adventure set. As simple as it may sound, not too many games offered something similar at the time. Well, not even now tbh.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#9 Posted: 20:12:39 21/08/2016
From the beginning of 2012 until half of the year, I saw the SSA commercial multiple times and it looked interesting. At first I thought I may get it, since I recognized Spyro. I was never a big Spyro fan, tho I did play the beginning of the first game once, but only very shortly. I looked it up on the internet and I immediately fell in love with the variety of characters. Though the character that I declared my favorite the first moment I saw her was Hex and that didn't change ever since. So some time after I discovered the franchise, I went to the store and bought my very first Skylander Hex, even though I didn't have the game yet! I got the game for christmas and I played at least one chapter every day. I loved it and the toys to life feature really felt magical, just like every character.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:13:44 21/08/2016 by Deja Vu
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#10 Posted: 21:04:16 21/08/2016
Saw an ad on tv. Sounded like a fun game to have as a hobby. 5 years later, I have 140 characters.
---
Soon.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#11 Posted: 21:06:35 21/08/2016
I was looking up some images for another game (I don't remember which) and a picture of Drill Sergeant was there. I thought it looked cool, so I loaded up the page the image was from, to see what the picture was of... Looked up some more stuff about the game and then got it for Christmas.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#12 Posted: 21:11:29 21/08/2016
I saw an SSA trailer in theaters once, but I decided to buy the game about a year later when I saw the Giants Starter Pack was on sale for just 45 dollars at Target. I've been a fan ever since.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#13 Posted: 21:13:58 21/08/2016
I was 11. My brother and I saw a commercial on TV and thought it looked pretty cool! So we got it for Christmas and after that, we became huge fans of the series
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#14 Posted: 21:27:17 21/08/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
From the beginning of 2012 until half of the year, I saw the SSA commercial multiple times and it looked interesting. At first I thought I may get it, since I recognized Spyro. I was never a big Spyro fan, tho I did play the beginning of the first game once, but only very shortly. I looked it up on the internet and I immediately fell in love with the variety of characters. Though the character that I declared my favorite the first moment I saw her was Hex and that didn't change ever since. So some time after I discovered the franchise, I went to the store and bought my very first Skylander Hex, even though I didn't have the game yet! I got the game for christmas and I played at least one chapter every day. I loved it and the toys to life feature really felt magical, just like every character.

I more or less had the same story as Deja Vu, 'cept it was Late 2011 for me. At first, wasn't sure it was the same Spyro in the title, as the one from Spyro: A Heroes Tail, then I saw his fig, still didn't want it, but because of randomness like "lava barf" and "blow it up!"
My family on my dad's side got the Wii Starter pack for us (me and my bro for Christmas), and they (and my mom's side) centered our gifts that year around Skylanders (I believe we got stealth elf and I KNOW we got Boomer and Voodood, and the Pirate Seas and Darklight Crypt pack), so I was like "what the hey?" And tried it out
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#15 Posted: 21:33:55 21/08/2016
Basically the game came out around the same time as my birthday, and I used my money to buy it because it looked interesting.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#16 Posted: 21:44:43 21/08/2016
Was following a few Spyro-related forums at the time the first screenshots hit the media, as I've been a life-long Spyro fan. Decided that since this wasn't The Legend of Spyro (which I disliked at the time), it was going to be amazing, and followed the news and speculation afterwards. Pre-ordered the first game as soon as I could, since I knew whatever it was, I was going to at least try it out.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#17 Posted: 21:48:42 21/08/2016
I used to watch commercials about skylanders giants on CN and we were ( me and my brother ) complaining about the gimmick and how the game is stupid even though we both loved it . So I took the computer and seached the website without by brother's notice and I started seeing the skylanders designs and I felt in love with skylanders right in this moment, than my brother came in and told me "seriously" and I showed him pop fizz and than he fell in love with the franchise too !
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#18 Posted: 21:49:58 21/08/2016
Walked into Sears one day which the same one is closed today sadly, but I saw the spyro's adventure starter pack and though it looked cool. I checked to see what it was about and found out it combined 2 of my favorite things - Toys and Games. I collected Happy Meal toys at the time just as something to do other then video games, so this was a dream come true for me. I took the starter pack to the register but was almost Jane to buy it though for some stupid reason, I don't remember why.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#19 Posted: 22:10:17 21/08/2016
I was at the movies when I was 11 (I think it was around December) and saw an ad before the movie for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. I had never played a full Spyro game before but I knew who he was, so I thought "oh cool it's that Spyro guy how'd they bring him back?" I then saw the toys-to-life part and thought it was an interesting concept, but after that I kinda forgot about it. Fast forward to around spring of 2012, when I received the new issue of the Nintendo Power magazine (r.i.p). I saw it was a Skylanders issue and they were talking about a sequel! It was that issue that made me realize that this new technology was not some passing trend, but instead a completely new genre of games in the making. The article sounded really cool, so after getting some info from my friend on how the series works and stuff, I got Giants for 3DS and Wii during that Christmas and my Birthday, respectively. I instantly fell in love with it. It brought me back to the days I spent with action figures combined with my love for gaming. Even the hunts for the figures were surprisingly fun knowing that a fully playable character was awaiting me in the end (except the endless weeks I spent hunting for Ninjini, which still makes me wonder to this day what I'd do without darkSpyro). Of course Swap Force was announced after that, and the rest is history.
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#20 Posted: 22:30:09 21/08/2016
I was literally like;
"Spyro? I haven't heard that name in years."
So I decided to get the starter pack, and while I had trigger happy, gill grunt, and others too, I ONLY played as spyro for the longest time. Giants was out at the time and I got the portal owners pack eventually. Once I took Tree Rex out of he box, I was hooked. I always had spyro, gill, triggs, stealth elf and chop chop before, but now I wanted to get all the giants because I have never seen anything so cool for a kids video game. I eventually got Pop Fizz, which is my favorite besides Spyro, And the addiction began. So in all, I got the game because of Spyro, a reason to collect something, and the ideas was , and still is, an amazing idea, even though I'm giving them all my money. It's also fun to see the characters in game, and also see them in real life.
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#21 Posted: 23:44:56 21/08/2016
E3 trailer for Spyro's Adventure...I started having flashbacks of playing the original PS1 Spyro games back in high school and after talking to a friend who was obsessed ( he stopped after Swap Force...gave me his battle items, Wallop, Krypt King, Bash and all his Skylander cards. Had I been able to offer him a little money I'd have everyone from the 1st 3 games already ) and learning more about the gameplay I bought a starter and been collecting & playing every game since
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:51 22/08/2016 by ChillStealthElf
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#22 Posted: 00:25:01 22/08/2016
Saw the SA commercials, did some research, and played it at a friend's house. Bought everything the next day. I've been following it ever since.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#23 Posted: 00:53:41 22/08/2016
Saw the leak about Spyro's Kingdom and how it was Wii exclusive on the Spyro wiki. Few weeks later I see trending topic of Facebook about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and I check it out and am cautous at first, not liking Spyro's design that much

couple hours later I fall in love with the design and get hyped for the game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#24 Posted: 01:00:14 22/08/2016
Saw the news around the time Giants got announced. Became fascinated by the series. Bought Spyro's Adventure on 2013 and here I am now.
---
Bruh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#25 Posted: 01:12:05 22/08/2016
Saw a TV ad for it back in 2011. I was like "I NEED THAT."
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#26 Posted: 01:13:29 22/08/2016
I was searching for a new Spyro game on the Internet.
thatmovieguy Green Sparx Gems: 424
#27 Posted: 02:17:43 22/08/2016
I read about it in Nintendo Power. It sounded cool, so I asked for it and a couple of figures, even though I was a bit older than the target demographic.
---
You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!
-- The Tick
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#28 Posted: 12:41:00 22/08/2016
when i was 11 i got it for christmas just randomly, loved the franchise ever since
also skylanders were SO much cheaper back then once i went down to argos with my dad and got 10 skylanders
wish i got camo and sunburn though, still haven't :/
ive got skylanders for my birthday every year except last year
(got superchargers this january though for the wii u and bought myself smash hit too but not his vehicle, will probably get shark shooter terrafin)
remember getting giants along with terrafin for my b-day in 2012 and i also got crusher
i kept getting so many skylanders that i had to use an empty bread bin as my "safe" for skylanders
but still today i still cant get past tree-top terrace, no clue how i did it the first time
i should buy loads of spyros adventure skylanders and play spyros adventure again, probably going to get sunburn, camo and frightrider
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:22 22/08/2016 by BatWolf
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#29 Posted: 19:51:47 23/08/2016
I was working with activision when trap team was about to come out. I knew of skylanders but that was it. The figures were everywhere, all over the offices and we had to do some testing on swap force and trap team ( very little as another office did the majority of the testing). It got my interest and I was able to get trap team for like 20 dollars, from there it grew fast as I got all the other games and figures on deep discounts from various game stores.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#30 Posted: 20:00:05 23/08/2016
Like most of the fans, through Spyro. I have waited so long forma new Spyro game, and loved the design and all. It had the magical look from the ps1 classic games.
And since 2011, I've got every Skylander game. My favourit is SSA and I'm reallymlooking forward to SI because Spyro has a big role since DOTD. 8 years of waiting for a new game in which Spyro has a big story role. I hope this game is worth the wait. smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:37 23/08/2016 by XSparxX
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#31 Posted: 20:08:19 23/08/2016
I remember that day it brings back actual good memories for me. I saw the starter pack one day and was at first a little dishearten by Spyro's new design and wondered who were Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt. Then I found a poster with all the characters and saw guys I knew I had to have like Hex and Ghost Roaster to name a few. After school I went to Toysrus and picked up Hex finally and decided to get one more with drill Sergeant. Then a few days later I bought Double Trouble the day he came out and then Stealth Elf, Stump Smash and the Starter Pack and had a blast with it. Honestly this franchise actually saved my life in a cheesy perspective. I was so depressed about a lack of original ideas and troubles in life I was nearly about to commit suicide. So this franchise made me happy after so many years and I had hope in the world again.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:50 23/08/2016 by GhostRoaster617
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#32 Posted: 20:32:22 23/08/2016
I had no idea about it until the Christmas that year. The first character I opened was Wrecking Ball. I thought it was just going to be some dumb action figure I wouldn't like. My sister ended up getting Hex, but she actually doesn't play the game so she gave it to me. Sometime after those two, I opened the game itself. I really liked the looks of Spyro before (I had no idea the Spyro Games existed before) so when I got home from my grandparents, I played the game, and I actually really liked it, which brings me to today, owner of all 5 games, and going to be owner of the sixth game smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#33 Posted: 20:49:01 23/08/2016
Took my son (6 years old at the time) to ToysRUs and he pointed out the store display for Spyro's Adventure to me. I told him we'll see, and later that week I checked more about it online and figured we'd get the starter pack and at least one character of each element.

We liked it so much we've collected every figure ever since. Now I get to replay all the games with my 4 year old and it's like playing them again for the first time.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#34 Posted: 20:56:09 23/08/2016
I was walking around the game section at Target and saw Skylanders Spyro's Adventure. It didn't seem really interesting at first, and it definitely didn't seem like a Spyro game. The Skylander figures looked like it was just merchandise for the game.

However, one Skylander caught my eye. Ignitor. I looked at the back of his box and then realized that the figures were part of the game. I put him on the portal and the gameplay looked pretty awesome.

I asked my parents if I could get it for Christmas, and I did. My aunt also bought me Chop Chop, who I had never seen before. He became my favorite character after a while.
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:51 23/08/2016 by ChopChopz
Punch_Potion_X Blue Sparx Gems: 894
#35 Posted: 10:01:20 24/08/2016
I had seen a few ads about Spyro's Adventure and I was like "Cool", but I didn't intend on buying it. The next year when Giants was release, they started playing loads of ads on the channel I watched. After seeing it like 10 times. I was hooked and later received it for my birthday. December 6th, 2012. When My Skylanders journey began...

My first group of characters were:
Tree Rex
Cynder
Jet-Vac
Lightcore Prism Break (Who I loved with his awesome glowing bright green crystals)

I can still remember part of that ad. It was the one with Tree Rex, a bunch of other skylanders and a dog. The dog had just ripped up a stuffed toy and was looking at the Skylanders on the table...

Tree Rex: Don't worry guys I got this.
Tree Rex: Take a seat fur ball. (Dog sits and whines)
Pop Fizz: Woah!, How'd you do that!
Tree Rex: I'm a Giant, Booyah!

So many years have passed since then...
---
Skylanders Ring of Heroes.
Will (hopefully) only require pockets half as deep
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:06:56 24/08/2016 by Punch_Potion_X
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#36 Posted: 11:40:49 24/08/2016
I think I can vaguely recall seeing a Spyro''s adventure advert on TV and being appalled at what they'd done to Spyro. Then over a year later I saw Giants on sale at Christmas and decided to give it a try.

And boy did I get hooked good. Lmao.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#37 Posted: 11:58:08 24/08/2016
There was a Buy 3 Pay 2-Sale here, we wanted 5 games and needed a 6th - SSA was the 6th and so it all started .....
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#38 Posted: 12:03:10 24/08/2016
Been here since TEN I think, so I got wind of the rumors and then the announcement very quickly. Was still a lurker until I noticed the embarassing reaction from the fans, put my foot down, made an account, and decided I was going to give it a chance. My wallet regrets it and I sometimes question having such **** taste for favorite franchise but I don't regret the fun.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#39 Posted: 12:11:32 24/08/2016
well i think I was noticing when spyro's adventures coming out and seeing these figures being sold... I really have no interest in playing as animals though but it was interesting seeing all these small figures being sold...
I didn't get into skylanders until pretty much all of Giants was out but I saw Chill and Ninjini who are nearly humanoid characters and it started to peak my interest... Eventually I thought I'd buy just go on ebay buy the PS3 version of Adventures and Giants which probably costed me 20 dollars total for both sets brand new. Then i'd focus on only buying the characters I wanted which would focus on dragons and humanoid characters. Of course when learning of elemental gates I decided on getting one of each element to open those and always having someone for the elemental areas of the level.

Sadly it has now ended with me having one of every character for every game.

But even though she was early in Giants cycle it was Chill that got me to try the skylander series. With SSA Ignitor looked the most interesting but not enough for me to research the series. But when I first saw Chill being sold I thought I'd eventually maybe someday when bored enough i'd give the series a try.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:14:15 24/08/2016 by Street50
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#40 Posted: 13:41:32 24/08/2016
I seen an advertisement for it somewhere, and got SSA 3DS when it was released. I never got any figures besides the ones in the Starter Pack. Later on that year, I got an Xbox and SSA (console version).

Again, I only had the Starter Pack Skylanders, until I got to the Undead level (with the Elemental Source). I couldn't complete it without losing all my Skylanders, so I eventually went to ASDA and looked at the Skylanders (I knew about additional Skylanders before getting the game, although Chop Chop and Eruptor were the only non-Starters I remember knowing about before getting SSA). I decided to buy all six (Zap, Boomer, Eruptor, Hex, Dino-rang, and Wrecking Ball), and could then complete the level. Shortly after getting my first six non-starters, I also found Darkspyro for the first time.

I later decided to get a few more, because I liked having extra Skylanders, had a lot of money, and wasn't as careful with money as I am now. I found Lightning Rod, Cynder, and Chop-Chop (who is now one of my favourite Skylanders). I only had enough money for two, though. I looked on the internet to find more about them, and although I found it harder to choose between Lightning Rod and Cynder, I was sure I wanted Chop Chop (it was his "maximum damage" upgrade that sold him for me). I think the other I got was Lightning Rod.

Eventually, I had the entire SSA collection (including variants, but not chase variants). Voodood was last. I still have all of them, but Legendary Chop Chop has a broken arm and Slam Bam is split in two.

Around the time I got Voodood, I found out about Giants and constantly lurked Darkspyro to find news. Eventually, when Giants came out, I brought all the Skylanders for that too (but not all variants or reposes this time, only Granite Crusher, Punch Pop Fizz (also one of my favourites), a few reposes including Chop Chop, and the Legendaries. I also got LC Jet Vac instead of regular Jet Vac), starting with the Wave One Giants and Fright Rider. I then played it so much that I recall my Xbox getting really hot (and then it stopped working for a day IIRC). Giants is currently my favourite game in the series.

Then SSF was revealed, and I think this is where it started going downhill and I started realising I was spending too much. I still kept up with all news because I had nothing elses to do (besides video games), but I wasn't as enthusiastic about SSF as Giants. I still got all Skylanders (but the only variants I got were a few that were in a sale, and a few reposes including Chop Chop), though.

STT was similar to SSF, but I was hardly excited at all this time. I got very few Skylanders from STT. Superchargers is currently the only game I don't own.

I think I should of stopped at my first twelve (Starter Skylanders, and my first six non-Starters), and then just got the Starter Pack for each game. Maybe a few I liked, but that would of been it. If SSA had a difficulty setting, I could of avoided buying any non-starters.

Also, I vaugely remember having a dream about SSA before even knowing it existed. In it, Chop Chop (I think it was Chop Chop) was running around an open field, which looked like something from SSA (console version). I can't remember anything else.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Pokelander Green Sparx Gems: 424
#41 Posted: 14:25:59 24/08/2016
I can't believe how far we've come. : ]

I remember hearing about SA in a Nintendo Direct/Treehouse mini presentation for the 3ds. This was back when the 3ds was being criticized for it's meek library. Skylanders was looking like a great go to game in between Nintendo's major releases and I was finally pumped to be putting something unique into my 3ds collection. So I had pretty much fell in love with all of the gameplay that was shown and couldn't wait to get my hands on it.... Fast forward to 2016 and here I am with around 200+ pieces anticipating the next great game in the skylanders series.

Skylanders is in my top 5 games of all time Mind you that's coming from a guy who has nearly a thousand games in his collection. Yeah it's that good.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#42 Posted: 16:25:03 24/08/2016
Quote: Pokelander
Skylanders is in my top 5 games of all time Mind you that's coming from a guy who has nearly a thousand games in his collection. Yeah it's that good.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who likes Skylanders as much as games like The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Splatoon, etc. It's so hard to understand why people usually think it's some written rule of life that you can't like Skylanders even if you think it looks kinda good. I saw one video once with a guy saying how much he loves the Crash level and he wishes he could play it. He had the money, but for some reason he was trying to be cool and still try to say he wasn't going to get it. People should remember that we can like whatever game series we want, however much we want.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#43 Posted: 16:35:47 24/08/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Pokelander

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who likes Skylanders as much as games like The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Splatoon, etc. It's so hard to understand why people usually think it's some written rule of life that you can't like Skylanders even if you think it looks kinda good. I saw one video once with a guy saying how much he loves the Crash level and he wishes he could play it. He had the money, but for some reason he was trying to be cool and still try to say he wasn't going to get it. People should remember that we can like whatever game series we want, however much we want.

I'm with you...I even like Superchargers more than some of the more recent Zelda games ( Skyward Sword & the DS games ). I even get weird looks and obnoxious remarks over loving Skylanders but hating the Witcher, Journey & Dark Souls. So what if I'm 35, I like what I like.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#44 Posted: 16:37:43 24/08/2016
Saw the toys, ads and good reviews. I had a job at the time but I didn't make enough I hoped one day I'd be able to at least try it since it had dragons! It wasn't till Trap Team till I could afford to have some spending money (New Job). Trap Team was my first game and I played the other console games after I finished Trap Team. Loving my Dragon Army. smilie
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:46 24/08/2016 by DragonShine
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#45 Posted: 17:48:17 24/08/2016
I was looking for a replacement to Eye of Judgement (I can't talk about my hate for Sony not supporting or marketing it and letting it die...gggrrr.) and then I saw a Sonic Boom figure and was like "Sweet fig. but $10 for a little fixed pose plastic Griffin"?!? Then I did some research...and the rest is history lol.
#46 Posted: 17:54:07 24/08/2016

Because it "ruined" Spyro, has the dreaded DLC as its main gimmick, and because most youtubers out there either stay quiet about it or openly say you're free to **** on it. I don't think I'll forgive a certain guy anytime soon ever since he said that, and no it's not Haedox. So owning a Skylanders game is like admitting you want to be part of the worst in videogames, like buying anything somehow makes you 100% support anything involving it, to the majority.
I made an entire thread in General about this, but it bears repeating. The internet does not welcome us.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#47 Posted: 18:10:54 24/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Because it "ruined" Spyro, has the dreaded DLC as its main gimmick, and because most youtubers out there either stay quiet about it or openly say you're free to **** on it. I don't think I'll forgive a certain guy anytime soon ever since he said that, and no it's not Haedox. So owning a Skylanders game is like admitting you want to be part of the worst in videogames, like buying anything somehow makes you 100% support anything involving it, to the majority.
I made an entire thread in General about this, but it bears repeating. The internet does not welcome us.

And yet at the same time We are the internet as well. I get what you're saying though. There is an ugly side to the internet as well as a beautiful side (with a whole lot of mixed in between lol). We represent the more beautiful side in that we have community and that's what makes us better than the arbitrary haters. We don't always agree but for the most part we respect each other here if for no other reason than we like or have interest in Skylanders.

Most of the people that are hung up on hating Skylanders or saying Acti. ruined their childhood either secretly like the game but won't admit it cause it's so much cooler to be a hater, or they haven't played it because they can't be brought down to that level (please lol). Gamers often forget that it doesn't matter what you like or hate, it's playing the game that matters. It's not all bad though, gamers can also come together to do some amazing things.

I used to get funny looks from our local Gamestop kids when I told them I play Skylanders myself as well as with my daughter and I enjoy it. Then I convinced one of the managers to actually try it and he loved it. It was super nostalgic in that 90's SNES adventure game vibe with some Gauntlet/Diablo sprinkled in along with the Toy Story writers for heart and comedy. This franchise heavily encourages discovery and nostalgia of all things video games and toys. I actually feel sorry for people that can't enjoy that and be honest about it...I really do. Again it's not all that important what you play as much as that fact that you play and love doing it.
#48 Posted: 18:18:46 24/08/2016
Well, nowadays talking about the internet is much more about the internet hate mob than the actual collective. The same ones that harass anyone doing bad things in youtube videos, running people off of twitter, and in gaming smearing every franchise that does the thing they don't like.

And we know Activision has horrible practices, but you gotta separate the creation from the creator sometimes; or I wouldn't be allowed to like most Platinum Games stuff just because Kamiya is a jerk. I've convinced a few people myself in messaging but eventually it became an excercise in frustration to browse some social medias out there and only find a "hey guys this Skylanders game can be played with just a figure or two?" in a sea of "OMG THEY RUINED SPYRO WHEN WILL THEY NOT RUIN SPYRO WAAAH" :c

Will not stray too much further from the topic though. I joined it because I gave it a chance, and if the peer pressure was such an issue I'd quit just like the youtubers that cancelled their sponsored SuperChargers series out of fear. And I still put as much heart into it and the stuff I do for it as I did then, maybe even more.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me