Page 1 of 1
Senseis Review Topic
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1 Posted: 12:43:31 20/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I remembered that topic I made in the SSC section for reviewing Skylanders, so I decided to do one on here. This will probably reach the last pages in the topic section, but I think it's better to write your opinions on here, than the general topic. (It could become a sticky topic, just sayin')
Note: The damage on each attack is that high on level 20, since damage increases with level ups.

King Pen:

smilie Golden Queen: smilie
Golden Queen has always been one of my favorite characters from the franchise, I love her design and motiv. Her Sensei figure underlines that even more. It's one of the most well-made figures so far and it's an honor having her in my collection. To her gameplay, at first Goldy may seem a bit clunky to play as since her scarabs don't home on enemies. That sadly doesn't change, but they slow enemies down after some upgrades and do over 90 damage, which is a lot for such a fast attack. Her golden shockwave is a really useful attack. It does about 30 damage and freezes enemies for about 8 seconds. Though don't overestimate the range, I was sometimes surprised by enemies which weren't frozen by the wave. You need to try and use it in the centre of an enemy wave to gain the best results. Her golden turret is a really nice defensive helper, it's fast and has a great range, it's a good attack to deal additional damage. For my Goldy, I chose the top path and don't regret it at all. You can charge up a giant scarab which does about 250 damage when fully charged. There are a lot of different states for the charge and the damage increases with each moment until it's fully charged. Upgraded, the scarab also creates two golden walls to its left and right, which do about 25 damage and have an amazing range that can hit all enemies in front of you. It also afflicts the enemies with golden dust and they take damage afterwards, the highest count of hits so far was 5. Now her Soul Gem is the real gem along her upgrades. She turns into a giant version of herself, with her sticking out of the ground from her head to hips. One hit with her fist does 290 damage and the eye lasers about 90. The problem with this attack is that she moves very slowly and can be easily hit, though most small enemies are wiped out after two hits with her fists. You can use it for bigger enemies and try hitting them a few times, though you'll need to transform back soon since they can hit you very easily. The laser eyes are a good way to hit enemies quicker and from a further range. Last but not least, her Sky-Chi. I admit it's one of the weaker Sky-Chi's and the range is, similar to the shockwave, rather decent. The control for the scarabs is also pretty slippery, though they can deal damage very quickly. Overall an amazing character with strong attacks and a decent Sky-Chi. My favorite Sensei so far.

Crash Bandicoot:

Dr. Neo Cortex:

smilie Starcast: smilie
Starcast was an instant favorite the moment I saw him. His design is amazing and Darklanders are usually the best characters. His figure is tied with Goldy as the best so far. I absolutely love translucing figures and his also has sparkles and is really well made. His gameplay was a bit underwhelming at first. The damage was rather low and the attacks were slower than I thought. His shadow clone is a good way to take a break from enemies' attacks and cause damage as well. The giant star during the surfing attack does pretty high damage and can hit a lot of enemies, though he can't move while aiming so you have to be careful. For my Starcast I chose the top path since the bottom one didn't seem to have much use after watching gameplay. The stomp attack is strong and has a great range, but of course ends the attack instantly. I try shooting a few giant stars and then stomping the enemies away. When you jump off the star it stays and does damage to enemies that walk into it. I'm not a big fan of that attack since it stays rather shortly and enemies have to be really close. When you shoot shurikens at it, they split into smaller shards that hit enemies. Overall these are stronger than your bigger shurikens since they explode at the end as well. I was a bit disappointed with him until I got his soul gem, then everything changed. His saucer is one of the most destructive and enjoyable attacks I've seen since SSA. It's fast, deals damage extremely fast and is active for a good amount of time. Basically when you go with the top path you have to choose if either you want to shoot giant stars and stomp, jump off and shoot out shards or summon the saucer. His Sky-Chi is very fast paced and has a good range, but it's not that great if you have the saucer. A very powerful and fast character with an amazing soul gem and my second favorite Sensei.

Barbella:

Mysticat:

Ember:

Aurora:

Chopscotch:

Hood Sickle:

Ambush:

Dr. Krankcase:

Wolfgang:

Boom Bloom:

Flare Wolf:

Buckshot:

Pit Boss:

Bad Juju:

Tae Kwon Crow:
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 19:44:32 30/11/2016 by Deja Vu
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2 Posted: 15:28:38 20/08/2016
I'm going to review each one on a 1/10 scale, 1 being bad and 10 being amazing:

King-Pen: 8
Golden Queen: 8
Crash Bandicoot: 10
Dr. Neo Cortex: 10
Starcast: 9
Barbella: 9
Mysticat: 10
Ember: 8
Aurora: 8
Chopscotch: 10
Hood Sickle: 10
Ambush: 9
Dr. Krankcase: 10

Now here are some of the other ones:
Kaos: 10
Pit Boss: 8
Pain-yatta: 10
Grave Clobber: 10
Bad Juju: 9
Chompy-Mage: 10
Tri-Tip: 10
Wolfgang: 9
Magic Bowslinger: 10
Flarewolf: 8
Tech Bowslinger: 10
Tech Swashbuckler: 10
Tae Kwon Crow: 10
Blaster-Tron: 10
Boom Bloom: 8
Water Quickshot: 8
Air Strike: 10
Wild Storm: 10

I know, I know, everybody is ranked really high, but I just love all the designs this year...
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#3 Posted: 16:22:00 20/08/2016
So far:

King Pen: 3

Golden Queen: 6

Crash Bandicoot: 5

Dr. Neo Cortex: 4

Starcast: 8

Barbella: 6

Mysticat: 6

Ember: 7

Aurora: 4

Chopscotch: 7

Hood Sickle: 8

Ambush: 9

Dr. Krankcase: 5
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#4 Posted: 16:24:54 20/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I actually thought that people write something about characters when they get them... so this topic shouldn't really be active until release.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 17:06:11 20/08/2016
Interesting, and I'll probably join in, but I might wait until the game is actually out first.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#6 Posted: 00:15:43 21/08/2016
I'll join in on this, but I'm going to wait until all the characters are revealed.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#7 Posted: 17:21:05 14/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Now that a lot of people have the game (including myself) I'm bumping this topic so that people can write opinions/reviews about characters. I'll review a character as soon as I have all the upgrades.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:47:37 27/10/2016 by Deja Vu
#8 Posted: 17:47:46 27/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I finally upgraded Goldy and it's time to revive this topic. Talk about any Sensei from figure to Sky-Chi!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#9 Posted: 19:46:25 27/10/2016
The ones I have so far:

King Pen smilie: 8

Golden Queen smilie: 9

Wolfgang smilie: 7

Kaos smilie: 10

Dr. Krankcase smilie: 8

Ambush smilie: 6

Starcast smilie: 9

Hood Sickle smilie: 8
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#10 Posted: 20:10:54 27/10/2016
Hood Sickle is AWESOME!
Air Strike is cool.
King Pen is kinda boring.
Golden Queen is great in a crowd.
Kaos is overpowered.
Dr. Krankcase is fun.
Tae Kwon Crow is some good Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Chompy Mage isn't very creative...
Wolfgang is kinda boring after you use him for a while.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#11 Posted: 01:31:24 28/10/2016
This is great. I was waiting to see you post another one of these. Happy to see it up. I'll be doing a few of my detailed reviews like last year soon, once I'm feeling enthusiastic enough. So can we review battle classes too? By the way, I'd like to call Crash and Barbella, if nobody minds.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:37:48 28/10/2016 by CelesteInk
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#12 Posted: 02:22:46 28/10/2016
Well, I've just fully maxed out four Senseis: King Pen (not shabby), Air Strike (cool), Aurora and Mysticat (both FREAKING AWESOME).
Gradually working on the other Sensei. Haven't got Cortex and Crash's Soul Gems. Looking forward to wave 3.
Of the non-adventure pack Soul Gems, just need Blaster-Tron
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#13 Posted: 12:30:44 30/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: CelesteInk
This is great. I was waiting to see you post another one of these. Happy to see it up. I'll be doing a few of my detailed reviews like last year soon, once I'm feeling enthusiastic enough. So can we review battle classes too? By the way, I'd like to call Crash and Barbella, if nobody minds.

Sure! You can also review Battle Classes and those two. I'll review all Senseis I'll get, but it's good having opinions on characters from two different users.
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#14 Posted: 16:55:55 30/10/2016
From favourite to least favourite:

1. Wolfgang
2. Hood Sickle
3. Dr Krankcase
4. Tae Kwon Crow
5. Golden Queen
6. King Pen
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#15 Posted: 19:30:27 31/10/2016
Crash Bandicoot

This is a character that will be very difficult for me to review without my own personal bias, seeing as how I grew up playing his original videogames. Nevertheless, Crash Bandicoot is a character who had gamers split down the middle in their opinions. There were those who cringed, angry at his revival in Skylanders Imaginators, saying "R.I.P. Crash", and then there were gamers such as myself, who had asked to see Crash in Skylanders since the second game in the series, titled "Skylanders: Giants", who couldn't wait to finally play as this videogame icon once again.

The Figure
If you've seen this figure in person, you already have an idea of what I think of it. Let me explain without getting too sobby. This has been the worst year of my life. I have gone through so much this year, and many days I've spent with anxiety attacks, or crying, or just devastated by things that have happened. The day Skylanders Imaginators released, was just like the rest of the year, where the day started out with something terrible happening. So it speaks colors that when I opened up the Crash Bandicoot starter for Skylanders Imaginators, when I held his figure in my hands, that I instantly felt better. This is not an interpretation of Crash Bandicoot, no. This is Crash Bandicoot. This figure is as loyal to his character as it could ever be. The colors, the expression on his face, the pose. It's perfect in every way. This may be one of the top five figures ever made in the series, and if you grew up playing his games, I am sure you too will instantly feel good as soon as you look at it.

The Aesthetics
Not many people discuss the aesthetics of a character when reviewing them in this series, however I believe they are just as important as the figure and the gameplay. The character needs a personality in their movement, voice, and presentation. I am happy to say, Crash has exactly that. When you put Crash on the "portal of power", you are greeted with one of the most personality filled entrances you'll see in the series. Like with the figure, the aesthetics here are Crash Bandicoot. The way he walks, his voice, his spinning animation, the blinking of his tnt crates, and even his animation when he loses a life. You can tell that those who developed his character in this game, are true fans of Crash Bandicoot, and were doing everything in their power to make his aesthetics as though you were actually playing a Crash game. Like with the figure, there's not a flaw in sight here.

The Gameplay: Part 1
This is where it gets tricky. Some people will not only dislike the way Crash plays, but they will downright hate it. Fans of Crash Bandicoot are likely both adults, as well as experienced gamers. Having said this, this is a character made for experienced gamers. If you don't have plenty of years of experience playing videogames, I can imagine you may be turned off by how Crash plays. He's not easy to play as, and to be honest, he is very, very advanced. Playing as Crash Bandicoot is similar to playing the game "Devil May Cry", where you need to know the combos, the timing, and every little detail of how he plays, if you wish to do well with him. To say the least, though, each animation and use of his attacks feel like his old games, and are once again, loyal to the character.

The Gameplay: Part 2
Crash Bandicoot is one of those characters who, depending on what upgrade path you pick, is going to change how you play as him. One path focuses on his tnt crates, increasing your chances for his Soul Gem ability, and to pick up lives. The other path focuses on his melee attacks, and his ability to deal more damage once losing a life. I personally prefer the first one I mentioned. With this path, you're given many options in how you fight enemies. You can go aerial with his body slam, with his instant spin, or with his dive kick (straight out of fighting games), or you can play it defensive by planting a crate and bouncing other crates off of it, or by sliding into enemies away from attacks. The most aggressive way to play this path, however, is by planting as many crates as possible, and using that spin attack to fling them at enemies, all while hoping his amazing Soul Gem pops up, which allows you to fly in the air and shoot at enemies with a weapon he used in his third game, Crash Bandicoot: Warped. I guess his Sky Chi is the only thing here I am not crazy about, but that means little to me nevertheless. Crash is a hard character to play as, but he's brilliantly fun, he feels like his original character, and he's simply amazing.

In the end, I cannot recommend him enough. This character is just perfect in every way. If you didn't get the Crash Bandicoot edition for the PS3 or PS4, then you absolutely should pick up his figure (which comes with Neo Cortex and a Crash-inspired level) when it comes out as an Adventure Pack. Just be ready for a steep learning curve. Crash Bandicoot is a perfect character from a perfect series, and at least to me, I don't see Skylanders ever having a more carefully made, well done character than this. If there were ever a "10/10" character, this is it.
#16 Posted: 01:19:13 07/11/2016
I'll post my reviews soon, starting with the characters I own smilie

smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#17 Posted: 01:46:08 07/11/2016
These are the ones I own smilie

1. smilie
2. smilie
3. smilie
4. smilie
5. smilie
6. smilie
7. smilie
8. smilie

Well the last one was sadsmilie But he didn't live up to my hype! ( Getting smilie soon)
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:02 07/11/2016 by Dark35
runarraw Green Sparx Gems: 107
#18 Posted: 14:45:48 07/11/2016
for the ones I have right now;

Golden Queen: she fulfills my Evil Queen fantasies I never knew I had.
"go, my turret minions! attack these helpless golden statues while I whip you with scarabs!"

Wolfgang: an awesome concept but at first I wasn't sure I was going to like playing as him.
but all it took was getting the initial upgrades so I'm going to assume that either path is fine.
that said, I like the looks of the crowd pleaser path more.

Tae Kwon Crow: he's fun to listen to.
went with the croww-mmando path only for the sweet kick combo.

Dr. Krankcase: would have skipped him if it weren't for the "one per element+battle class" thing.
but now that he is fully Goo'd, he's far more fun. wish he didn't throw his hatbots that far though.

Hood Sickle: I don't know the effectiveness of the Gravity Well path compared to the Scythe Combo path but I don't like using moves that take long to do despite their results.

King Pen: I find his melee attack too tricky so I went with the other path.
while I find that path fun, the visual indicator for its charge levels are hurting my eyes.

Aurora: switching between her melee attack and her dash attack takes a while for some reason.
I'm not interested in her dash path so i'm putting her into the regrets pile.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:25 07/11/2016 by runarraw
#19 Posted: 14:50:26 02/12/2016
smilie King Pen:
I didn't really like King Pen when he was first leaked. His design was pretty 'meh' to me, but his gauntlets looked sick. I was still excited to see how he would turn out. After gameplay was revealed, I got excited. I loved how quick he attacked with the gauntlets unlike most brawling characters. They were super strong and looked fun to use. The ice attack looked helpful, but was somewhat slow, and the spin looked fun. Now that I have him, I LOVE his figure. The pose is nice, and it's super detailed. His attacks are SUPER strong and a greatly encourage either path. I'm on the top path because COMBOS! But either path seems good. His Sky-Chi is strong, but it's not really that interesting but I like how it goes faster as you attack more enemies. Overall, I give King Pen a 6.5 out of 10, because I just don't like the design, but his personality is really nice and I like how hes a penguin.

smilie Tidepool:
smilie Grave Clobber
smilie Tri-Tip:
smilie Barbella:
smilie Golden Queen:
WOW am I ever impressed with her. Golden Queen's design is very creative, and I know a lot of people aren't happy with all the shades of gold, silver, and bronze, but I thought it looked pretty nice. The only issue I have with her figure is how her face is completely gold, and then her hands are a different color. And why doesn't Golden Queen in-game look how she does on her figure? Not that i'm complaining, but seriously, make up your mind. Now for her attacks. Her scarabs were pretty weak at first but they get SO much stronger, and I love all the glitter that it spawns. The Giant Scarab from the top path is SUPER strong and helpful and fun to use. The Golden Earthquake thing is really helpful to slow smaller enemies down while you take out the bigger enemies, and best of all, her soul gem allows her to go into the hole she created and she becomes massive. And your in that form for GOOD until you decide it's too slow. There is NO limit on it, which is the best part. Her Golden Butterflies are also super helpful. I also LOVE her Sky-Chi. It's not strong, but it's not bad at all. Overall, I give Golden Queen an 8 out of 10!
smilie Ember:
Man I'm impressed with Ember. Everything about her is awesome! I'll start with her design. I REALLY like it honestly. I love her samurai helmet with the fire symbol on it. It looks super nice. My favorite part about her design, is how she has this Ninja Star tasset, then her flame tail I love. I really liked characters like Ninjini, Bad Juju, and Bat Spin with these mist tails, and I find the fire tail is creative. Ember's figure could have been better, but I still really like it, considering the one I have has a PERFECT face and a straight blade. It looks really nice and I love the translucent flames. When Ember was first shown on the Imaginators logo poster, I thought she looked pretty cool. I thought I would like her a lot, and I do. She was my favorite Sensei for a while, and she's still one of my favorites. Okay, her gameplay is GREAT. Her blade is SO fast and super SUPER powerful. The one attack I don't like is the volcano from the ground. It's slow and not that fast. But her Supernova is really quick and strong, and better yet, if your on the top path and you charge up the Supernova, it can do up to 1000 DAMAGE! Her Combos on the top path are really strong. Finally, her sky-chi is SO STRONG and SUPER quick. It's one of the best ones by far. Overall, Ember gets an 8.5 from me.
smilie Flare Wolf:
smilie Tae Kwon Crow:
Tae Kwon Crow is weak and kinda bland first starting out but becomes SO powerful later on. I find Tae Kwon Crow's design to be pretty 'meh', but his personality is one of my favorites from the entire series. I really like all the 'daring' aspects of him and I think that makes him really cool and... stuff... anyway! His primary attack is throwing his shurikens, but they are weak at first. You do throw them pretty fast though. The Fire Roundhouse Kick is very helpful though. It can be somewhat spammed, but if theres plenty of enemies around you it's helpful. His third attack is Buzzer Beak, which was a nice surprise. Hes very helpful and I really like having him around. For paths, I strongly recommenced the top path. You have three shurikens, and a lot of other powerful things, but both paths are really good. I like the spin attack on the bottom path. His Soul Gem is BOSS though. You create a massive Buzzer Beak which is super powerful. His Sky-Chi is somewhat weak but it looks boss. All you have to do is aim it in the right direction. Overall I give Tae Kwon Crow a 7.5!
smilie Air Strike:
Air Strike was such a surprise. I didn't think I would like him, but hes in my top 15 now. Hes so powerful and really fun to play as. At first when he was leaked in the MEGA Magazine, I didn't like him. He was one of my least favorite Senseis, but after gamescom, I liked him so much more, just because of the small size and the huge Falcon he had. I thought it was so creative and he would be a super fun character to play as. I was right. His primary attack is just amazing all around, and the faces he makes as he does it are hilarious. I like the swooping bird and it's great for getting enemies around you. His secondary is really fun to use too. You leave down feather mines which explode after Birdie lands down onto enemies. When upgraded, you can actually get an electric bubble shield which is fun because you can just walk into enemies. You can also use your primary to attack with weaker punches. The Secondary is all around super fun to use. His third attack is an electric 360 punch which is so powerful. You even PULL in enemies around you. His soul gem allows you to hold the secondary, and you go up into the air and do a massive slam which is super powerful and has a cool animation! His Sky-Chi is riding on Birdie. You also leave out tornadoes, but if you press the primary attack, you zoom into enemies super fast. Overall, Air Strike gets a 9 out of 10!
smilie Wild Storm:
smilie Bad Juju:
smilie Mysticat:
I liked Mysticat as soon as he was leaked in the Mega Magazine. He wasn't what I expected, or hoped for, but he still looked really fun. He was one of the ones I was really curious on about his class. I guessed Ninja, Sorcerer... and more. I sorta wish they didn't go with the obvious Sorcerer, but hey, hes still a favorite. So lets start with design. Man his design is unique. I never thought of him being a centuar cat, a sphinx for that matter. I think his design is so unique and it really screams Mystic. His figure is very nice. The pose is a bit boring, but it's VERY detailed. My Mysticat however has a bent staff sadly, but I've gotten used to it. You can barely tell anyway. Mysticat's attacks is where it's at though. I really love the constant beams. They are really quick and really strong and I love the animation of it. The Copy Cats are kinda strange and weak at first, but once upgraded, they are CRAZY powerful. I can hardly see whenever they are around. His third attack is really helpful because you get a speed boost and you automatically create a copycat when you activate it. Then when your near an enemy, you can press attack three again he will do a powerful swing with his claws. His soul gem is actually pretty helpful. You hold attack one and you create this rift thing and it does some good damage. Finally, his Sky-Chi is really fun to use. It creates this giant yarn ball when just that alone will do 100 damage, and then it shoots out smaller yarn balls which are really strong. Overall his Sky-Chi is great. I give Mysticat a 9.5 out of 10!
smilie Buckshot:
smilie Pain-Yatta:
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:04:50 09/12/2016 by Luminous35
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#20 Posted: 14:59:15 02/12/2016
Oh darn completely forgot about this topic. I only have three guys for now, but anyway -

Golden Queen - she's so nicely translated from TT. Despite new abilities, she's still all about walking into a crowd and laying waste, with darn good reason. I have her on the scarab path, and though she's huge so hard to dodge attacks, she moves or jumps slightly out of the way, allowing for really fun crowd control. I don't feel the butterfly path is needed either since they do enough damage already, but it should be fun if you like being far away from trouble. Recommend, if you don't have her already because of Portal Owners.

King Pen: Unfortunately, meh. The mongol-inspired armor was pretty cool at first, but his gameplay is far too slippery and risky for my tastes. Even on the ice path, so much depends on stopping at the right direction, but you brt he'll always slip to the wrong angle on combos and the dash. Unless you like melee, I'd pass.

Mysticat: Fun in two flavors, spammy and strategic. Went with strategic with the invisibility, and even if the speed is kinda hard to grasp since it's such a quick startup, it's very pleasing to get out of attacks while your copycats do the work. Definately recommend if you prefer playing smart.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#21 Posted: 15:08:49 09/12/2016
smilie Chain Reaction:
smilie RO-BOW:
smilie Dr. Krankcase:
smilie Dr. Neo Cortex:
I wasn't expecting us to get Cortex at all, considering he wasn't revealed at the time Crash was revealed. I'm sure all the Crash Fans were happy to get him. I didn't really care to much for him, but after his attacks were revealed, wow. Anyway, I'll start with design. Personally, I don't like the design, but I really like how it fits the Mad Scientist theme. I also like the big N on his head for Neo. Anyway, his design is okay. His figure is really nice though. It's very detailed and I like the pose. I'm just slightly bothered by his gun and how it doesn't show up the same in game. Anyway, lets get into the attacks. I LOVE them. His primary is really cool and I like how it shoots off different colored beams. His secondary is also really cool because it creates this Uka Uka shield thing that does damage and it's pretty powerful. Then his third attack is throwing out these mines, which I love because they are so strong and once upgraded, each one will throw out two. If you hold attack three, you ride a hoverboard which you can shoot beams and mines out from it. Very creative. I recommend the top path for Cortex. You hold the secondary and you can place down this staff that shoots out it's own beams whenever you attack. If your inside the bubble of the staff, you will get powered up and shoot out these even stronger lasers. It's so fun. His soul gem allows you to hold down the primary and create this beam shockwave. It's fun and powerful and launches enemies into the air. His Sky-Chi allows him to create a laser from the sky which you can control and it damages enemies rapidly. It's pretty fun to use. Overall, I give Cortex a 7 out of 10.
smilie Ambush:
smilie Boom Bloom:
smilie Chompy Mage:
smilie Crash Bandicoot:
Crash seemed cool when he was first revealed. I didn't know much about him so this would be a good opportunity to see how he played in his old games. So I'll start off with design. Design wise, Crash is okay. I like his design better then Cortex's, and I find his species pretty interesting. I love his personality too. He's like Pop Fizz on a different level. Crash's figure is really nice. I love the pose and the detail on his fur is amazing. Anyway, now to his attacks. I love how the implemented attacks that actually relate to the Crash Games. The Tornado Spin is pretty strong and can somewhat cover a wide variety of enemies. The only problem I have with it is the hitstun, but other then that it's pretty good. His secondary is a floor dash attack which is actually really helpful. Once upgraded, you can upperkick your enemies, and with the third attack unlocked, right after the upperkick you can press the third attack and you will do a bellyflop so you can create a dash, kick, and bellyflop combo! It's really fun! His third attack throws out an explosive crate. It's pretty powerful but pretty useless without the bottom path but i'll get to that. One of his crates after enough combat can provide another life! When fully upgraded, you can have up to 5 lives. I recommend the bottom path because it makes your crates ridiculously powerful. You can hold attack three and you will throw a ton of crates, which gives you a greater chance of getting an extra life, or your soul gem, your Bazooka! His soul gem will allow him to jet pack into the air and shoot wumpa fruit at your enemies! It's really strong! His Sky-Chi is really fun to use. It's this yo-yo which he can pull in enemies, and after the Sky-Chi is done it causes this explosion basically killing them all. Overall Crash gets a 7.5 from me
smilie Starcast:
Starcast is by far my second favorite Sensei this year. When he was first leaked in the Mega Magazine, I immediately loved him. His design looked amazing, and he just looked overall like he would be a really fun character who would be ridiculously overpowered. Anyway, continuing on with design, I love it. I love his helmet and I also love how hes like this Space creature and I love all the stars in his body and stuff. His ninja stars also have a really nice design and I love them. His figure is just even better. It's so detailed, and I love all the stars that show up on the figure and the detail on his pants too, just so amazing. I also love how on his "hair" I guess, it has the dark elemental shimmery effect. I also love the uses of metallic on his gloves and boots. His figure is by far one of the best ones this year. His gameplay however, it's somewhat bad at first but gets much better. His Ninja stars are kinda weak and so is the Megastar, but once you get the upgrade that allows you to throw exploding shurikens, it's really helpful. The third attack is kinda useless at first, but it gets a ton better, by the dark clone creating a shockwave. When you upgrade him a bit more, he gets these two more powerful Ninja Stars, and that's where I almost lost hope, but I really shouldn't have. I didn't notice before that they push back enemies, I was just annoyed that he couldn't move when firing them, but they are a lot better then I thought. I recommend the top path for Starcast. It makes the Megastar so much better. First upgrade is allowing you to create a shockwave with it. Thats by far one of his best moves because it's so powerful and so helpful. His second one allows him to leap off the Megastar and any enemies that run into it take damage, but it doesn't last long at all. If you can manage to get the Megastar to last longer, you can throw your shurikens at it, and they will turn into smaller fractures of your shurikens. His Soul Gem is BY far the best ability. If you hold the secondary, your Megastar will turn into a spaceship, which does SO much damage. I'd even say it's better then his Sky-Chi. It's SO good! His Sky-Chi is still really good. It fires a barrage of shurikens everywhere around your enemies and it's really strong, and ends with a dark explosion. Overall, I give Starcast a 9 out of 10.
smilie Hood Sickle:
I really like Hood Sickle this year. I didn't think I would like him all too much, but I do. I really do. Hes one of my favorite villains this year actually. Hood Sickle's design is so creative and I really like it. I find the idea of a executioner in the Dark Element so cool. His design is so detailed and really nice. I also love his dual sided sickle. Anyway, his figure is one of the things I mainly like about him. It's SO detailed! I didn't think that it would be that detailed considering how his outfit didn't have all the fabric to it, but it's really good. I don't have much else to say about it, so lets get to his attacks. His War Scythe combos are really slow at first, but they get faster with his secondary which is Dark Dislocation. He dashes, creating remnants which he can absorb to enhance his speed and damage. His third attack is a gravity well, which will automatically target an enemy and slow them down. It also looks cool. Once upgraded, Hood Sickle can absorb his remnants, and he will get an extra spin to his war scythe combos. You can also upgrade his Gravity Wells to detonate them sooner! It's pretty strong and the animation is really nice. For pathes, I strongly recommend the top path. It makes his Dark Dislocation SO good. It will also make his War Scythe combos a LOT quicker. He will drop more remnants which gives him more armor, speed, damage, you name it! You also get an extra spin which is really powerful. If you upgrade it even FURTHER you leave 6 remnants which gives you more damage and even MORE spins which are so strong and so quick. The last upgrade gives him a shockwave at the end of each spin. His soul gem allows him to create a gravity well, and you can hit it with your war scythe and it will create a dark tornado thing which shoots off war scythes! It's so cool! His Sky-Chi allows him to to spin and shoot off these dark orb things and it's really fun to use actually. Overall I give Hood Sickle an 8 out of 10!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:02:53 27/12/2016 by Luminous35
#22 Posted: 15:09:31 09/12/2016
smilie Chopscotch:
Chopscotch is by far one of my favorite characters this year! When she was first leaked in the demo leak, I thought she looked really cool and she would be a really fun character! She had a really nice design and so much detail. When the Argos Catalog leak came, I was so surprised. She had a ponytail, this amazing giant axe, and she was so small! She look generally like a super fun character. So I'm going to start off with her design. Probably one of the most creative Undead Designs! I mean, she has this amazing skull cap with so much detail and designs on it, and I love the ponytail. Her axe looks great, and I loved how small she was. Her figure is amazing. There's an incredible amount of detail on it, but the pose is slightly bland, but the detail makes up for it. Her attacks are really fun! The quick axe slams which do an incredible amount of damage are really fun to use, and I love the jump attack it adds with it. Her axe spin is one of my favorite attacks. I always love characters who spin they're weapons around and Chopscotch spinning her axe is just so incredibly fun to use, and it's also really quick. Her third attack is throwing her head at enemies, but if you hold it down, you can create a head minion which is very helpful. I strongly recommend the Top Path for Chopscotch. It's very powerful and I find much better then the bottom one. Chopscotch's soul gem is so amazing! It creates this hopscotch pathway and she does 101 damage each time she hops on it, then she gets a speed boost at the end, which ALSO makes her attacks faster so she becomes a literal beast. Next her Sky-Chi, and it's by far my favorite this year. She hops around on a powerful skipping rope and creates a bunch of heads, and then she explodes them all at the end of the Sky-Chi! It's so powerful and fun to use. Overall Chopscotch gets a 9.5 out of 10.
smilie Pit Boss:
smilie Wolfgang:
smilie Aurora:
Aurora is a character I never knew I wanted. I was incredibly suprised with her, which makes her one of my favorite Senseis today. Her design from the first leaked she was seen in, I really liked. I really enjoyed the mix of Black and White for a Light Element (even though I thought she was Magic at the time) I just loved the looks of her. Her design now, I still really like. I love how her helmet has some gold on it instead of being completely white. It makes her more unique. The one thing that bothers me is the bust of Eon on her chest, but I've grown used to it. I really like her leggings because of the interesting designs on them, and how it has like, layers of fabric or whatever, it just looked interesting. Her figure I was skeptical about before, because it looked really awkward before from the HD picture, and then someone on the forum got her, and her eyes were really weird, so I was worried, but when I got her, I was happily surprised with how she came out. She had perfect eyes, and was giving off plenty of sass, and she was incredibly detailed. I love the pearly, glittery effect on her outfit too. Her attacks is what really takes it home. They are a bit bland at first, but get so much better. Her swords are kinda weak at first, and her jump attack is somewhat slow, but she attacked SUPER quick with them. Her dash was also pretty slow but I liked how she did all sorts of different flips. Her third attack is leaving her sword on the ground and leaping over it, then it explodes doing lots of damage. Both paths for Aurora are SUPER good, but if you want the fastest Skylander to do speed challenges, go with the bottom path, because she will literally do every level faster then any of the other speed Skylanders. If you want damage and combos, go with the top path. I personally find the bottom path better because I love the speed. Her soul gem is making her attacks stronger. Nothing too special honestly. Her sky-chi is similar to King Pen's, but slightly worse. She doesn't get faster the more she atttacks enemies so thats a bit of a downfall, but overall Aurora is a great character and I recommend her a lot. I give her a 8.5 out of 10.
smilie Blaster-Tron:

(Sorry for double posting I had space issues)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:45 09/12/2016 by Luminous35
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#23 Posted: 17:23:44 09/12/2016
Just got part of wave 3 last week, here are my thoughts so far:

smilie Boom Bloom:
Boom Bloom is a very spammy type of character, but man her whip is fun to use. She is overall very simple, even with upgrades, but she just works. As long as you keep using your whip to keep enemies away and shoot spores all around you to whittle them down, you'll be pretty darn unstoppable.

smilie Jingle Bell Chompy Mage:
I heard a lot of people giving this guy flack for being generic and underwhelming, but I have to disagree in every way possible. Chompy Mage is a very strategic character, that's the best part about him. He's not about getting up close and beating down huge enemies by himself; instead, it's best if you keep your distance and keep shooting chompies at them, and if they begin advancing toward you, start shooting staffs to knock them back. If they get too close, your secondary attack is just strong enough for you to hold your ground. Through all this, you have to watch the amount of chompies you have on the field and which ones should attack which enemies. Just keep distributing those chompies out to one or two larger enemies, then use staffs, chompy balls, and the puppet to get rid of the smaller enemies. If you want strategy, definitely put this guy on your list.

smilie Chain Reaction
Chain Reaction's design won me over the moment I saw him, but his attacks must be experienced in person to truly appreciate them. Let me just say that this guy is an ABSOLUTE TANK. He's got great defense and attack. His sword combos will slice up just about any enemy in no time, no matter the size. His secondary attack is especially great for medium-size enemies, as it not only pulls them in, but lasts just long enough to kill most of them in a few short hits. He may be slow on the ground, but if the going gets tough all you need to do is use his Thunderslam attack. Then you'll be high up in the air and enemies will neither see you nor attack you. Then, just dive back down and the impact will drive a powerful explosion straight onto any nearby enemy. He's like Spy Rise on steroids or something. If you think all that is great, just try his Sky-Chi. It can kill EVERYTHING. Plus who doesn't wanna ride on a giant chainsaw rig?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#24 Posted: 01:08:18 27/12/2016
My opinions on each of the Wave 3 Senseis:

smilie Flare Wolf
He's fun and destructive, and I love his figure. His attack speed is a bit awkward, but once you learn the ropes with him he's one of the better Senseis. I think his bazooka is really creative-looking, and his flame-dash attack is a great attack to use if you've got a group of enemies coming at you. He's a character you need to spam with in order for him to be good, and once you master him, he's great.

smilie Pit Boss
I haven't played to much with Pit Boss just yet, but I have to say that his attack speed has shocked me. His first attack is so fast that no enemies can get to him. His second attack is also really fun and powerful, and I was really hoping when he was revealed that he would have a giant snake attack. His figure is really neat and his design is a unique one, and I look forward to playing with him some more.

smilie Bad Juju
Wow, this one really surprised me. When I first saw her gameplay, I got the impression that she was more of a lackluster character, but boy, was I wrong. She's very fast, her attack speed is great, and I love her goofy play style with Jujunior. At first, she is kind of weak, but once fully upgraded, she is so awesome and powerful. I'd say that she's one of the best of Wave 3, no bones about it.

smilie Buckshot
Even if he is kind of weaker than the other Senseis, I still love him. He's quick and skillful, and his portal abilities make him really fun. He requires skill, as opposed to the other Senseis, who rely on attack speed and strength. I think he has a really unique design, and the ability for him to shoot sheep from his portals makes him all the more enjoyable.

smilie Chain Reaction
I expected nothing but greatness from this character, and he still impressed me. He's powerful and defensive, a real tank. This is my favorite type for a Skylander - the powerful and defensive ones. He's not that slow, either, making him very well-rounded on the battlefield. I like how he has lightning and thunder attacks even though he's in the Tech element. It makes him really unique. His design is also something really clever and cool, and I love how he's a viking and how his weapons are chainsaws. And even better, he's Tech, my favorite element. He's no doubt the best one in Wave 3 and my favorite Skylander Sensei.

smilie Boom Bloom
Haven't had the chance to play with this one yet. I'll have to post my thoughts later.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#25 Posted: 03:47:17 27/12/2016
Got tons of new senseis yesterday and I've already fully upgraded Boom Bloom, Ambush, and Bad Juju. I'll update my review.
---
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#26 Posted: 17:12:48 27/12/2016
I'll review the senseis I have.

smilie King Pen I personally think having MORE water element skylanders in starter packs was getting annoying. Then King Pen happened.
His figure is GREAT! He has AMAZING attacks (and skychi) and is just all around AWESOME!
smilie Golden Queen She looks great, but doesn't have good attacks, her best move is skychi. I was disappointed with her.
smilie Ember She looks GREAT! She is slow, but has amazing attacks and OP skychi.
smilie Crash Bandicoot OMG... I have never played a CB game (before my time) and I have wanted to, he is great! Figure is amazing, attacks are amazing, and the level, IT PLAYS LIKE A CB GAME.
smilie Dr. Neo Cortex Same as Crash.

I'll post more as I get more.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#27 Posted: 14:55:04 25/01/2017
Air Strike - 10/10
Tae Kwon Crow - 10/10
Boom Bloom - 9/10
Chain Reaction - 9/10
Chop Scotch - 8/10
Golden Queen - 8/10
Ember - 7/10
Flarewolf - 7/10
Tri Tip - 7/10
Pain-Yatta - 7/10
Chompy Mage - 7/10
Ambush - 6/10
King Pen - 6/10
Star Cast - 6/10
Barbella - 5/10
Kaos - 5/10
Mysticat - 5/10
Buckshot - 4/10
Hood Sickle - 4/10
Dr. Krankcase - 3/10
Pit Boss - 3/10
Wolfgang - 3/10
Aurora - 2/10
Dr. Neo Cortex - 2/10
Crash - 2/10
Bad Juju - 1/10
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me