Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > what a great way to sell your movie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
what a great way to sell your movie
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1 Posted: 23:30:52 04/08/2016 | Topic Creator
[Image Unavailable]

Its going to be one of those films isnt it
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 23:33:17 04/08/2016
hello Kitty on there just makes it worse
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
WolvenAnakha Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#3 Posted: 23:34:08 04/08/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
hello Kitty on there just makes it worse

Really tho~
---
I'll go home now.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 23:36:10 04/08/2016
Dat hello kitty
10/10
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#5 Posted: 23:36:20 04/08/2016
Half of that character is butt.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#6 Posted: 23:37:55 04/08/2016
Do these morons know what a Samurai is? That's a sumo wrestler.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#7 Posted: 23:38:31 04/08/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

isnt that the dog from secret life of pets
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#8 Posted: 23:39:04 04/08/2016
It has an all-star voice acting cast, which, is odd...
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#9 Posted: 23:40:56 04/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: kardonis
It has an all-star voice acting cast, which, is odd...

that usually means its going to be ****
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#10 Posted: 23:42:57 04/08/2016
Quote: parisruelz12
[User Posted Image]

isnt that the dog from secret life of pets

Now we are closer to a Samurai and some copyright infringement.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#11 Posted: 23:44:32 04/08/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

IT LITERALLY IS JUST THE DOG FROM SECRET LIFE IN A ****ING SAMURAI COSTUME
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#12 Posted: 23:45:35 04/08/2016
Wait wait wait. After reading the brief plot, there's no mention of that giant fat cat on the OP poster. So, did they think kids would be like "wow! a giant butt! I gotta see it now!" Because it seems to have no real relevance.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#13 Posted: 23:47:08 04/08/2016
petifiles will be all over this
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#14 Posted: 23:47:58 04/08/2016
dang man check out dat phat ass
#15 Posted: 23:48:10 04/08/2016 | Topic Creator
if you don't know whose doing the film, there's a good reason why
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16 Posted: 23:49:25 04/08/2016
I know that films take too much time to make to be based on a movie made last year, but it seems that some animated movie companies decided to make many films with anthropomorphic animals based on the success of Zootopia.

I know, it's not a new thing. But it looks like Zootopia gave a boost to the genre.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:46 04/08/2016 by Crash10
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#17 Posted: 23:57:53 04/08/2016
Quote:
From GFM Films, Open Road Films and some cats who brought you
Blazing Saddles, The Lion King, & Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

But who? Not the director or writer that's for sure.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#18 Posted: 23:58:23 04/08/2016
Quote: Crash10
I know that films take too much time to make to be based on a movie made last year, but it seems that some animated movie companies decided to make many films with anthropomorphic animals based on the success of Zootopia.

I know, it's not a new thing. But it looks like Zootopia gave a boost to the genre.

Oh god it better not give the brazilian-mockbuster-company-that-must-not-be-mentioned any ideas

Screw it you know they're making "Animal City", "Spy Pet Life"(don't expect them to get the plot of the movies) and "The Little Panda Fighter 3" that we were all waiting for
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:32 04/08/2016 by Bifrost
#19 Posted: 00:10:32 05/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Oh god it better not give the brazilian-mockbuster-company-that-must-not-be-mentioned any ideas

Screw it you know they're making "Animal City", "Spy Pet Life"(don't expect them to get the plot of the movies) and "The Little Panda Fighter 3" that we were all waiting for

What are you even talking about? This company made the greatest animated masterpieces of all time. Pixar is trash compared to them.
---
Bruh
#20 Posted: 00:12:07 05/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Quote:
From GFM Films, Open Road Films and some cats who brought you
Blazing Saddles, The Lion King, & Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

But who? Not the director or writer that's for sure.

Nate Hopper worked on Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs, but he didn't work on the Lion King..That goes to Rob Minkoff who is just a producer for this movie.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:26 05/08/2016 by parisruelz12
#21 Posted: 00:41:02 05/08/2016
I could not watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. The animation is so.... wrong. Everyone looks like they have some coordination issue, even if it's technically right and good quality.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:18 05/08/2016 by Bifrost
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#22 Posted: 00:43:27 05/08/2016
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was great you guys have bad taste.
#23 Posted: 00:49:02 05/08/2016
Quote: Wreckingball13
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was great you guys have bad taste.

I wish I knew why then. I tried giving it a look while it was playing somewhere then I saw a kid running with his head bent like he broke his neck and constantly twitching and I was like 'yeah no that's too wrong'.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:52 05/08/2016 by Bifrost
#24 Posted: 01:00:28 05/08/2016
I can see the problem with the animation. It's waaaay over cartoony for a CGI movie. But not in a good way like the first Madagascar. It was way too much.

I saw the first Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. It was fine. Not interested in the second one.
---
Bruh
#25 Posted: 01:11:27 05/08/2016
In my opinion, the first one was the best in the comedic aspect (which is the focus of the franchise). The other ones polished things like the animation and character development. My personal favorite is the second one... For some reason...

But we can agree that all of them are better than The Wild...

On Hotel Transylvania, I saw some people also critisizing it for being way over cartoony, and, as much as I'm not a big fan of the movie itself, I can see where's the charm on it's animation. Cloudy doesn't have that charm.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:15:15 05/08/2016 by Crash10
#26 Posted: 01:12:36 05/08/2016
Well, it is in line being animation.

Hotel Transylvania hit the right spot of twitchy for me though. It's fast but it doesn't stop, nor is it just a single character - everyone is moving all the time, and the movie even feels faster because of it I feel. Cloudy etc were these hyperactive characters against normal ones or slow backgrounds - heck look at the usual shots they advertised the movie with, the hamburger just falls slowly like a wet mop while the scientist guy looks like he's having a stroke half the time.
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#27 Posted: 01:13:38 05/08/2016
I can see the problem with the animation. It's waaaay over cartoony for a CGI movie. But not in a good way like the first Madagascar. It was way too much.

I saw the first Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. It was fine. Not interested in the second one.

Are you talking about Secret Life of Pets? Or Cloudy Chance of Meatballs, I think Cloudy was way cartoony, but not like Madagascar, but Secret Life of Pets, nah, it wasn't terrible, but not good either.

Quote: Drawdler
And honestly I get the feeling that Secret Life of Pets could end up in the same spot as Meatballs for me. I don't even know if it came out or what, but I remember tons of people were excited for it, and to me it just looked predictable, generically cutesy and not that funny. Just like Meatballs.

You know how everyone is sick of Minions? When I kept seeing ads for it... Though those have slowed down... SLoP was just as annoying to me as Minions are to most people.

I feel like lately, Illumination is remaking Minions, but with another skin. Ya know? like the Bar-ba-loots in the Lorax, the Hot Dogs in SLoP, ect. They put too much focus on that characterization, it's annoying, and makes most of their movies pander to kids.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:17:19 05/08/2016 by Bryman04
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#28 Posted: 01:16:40 05/08/2016
oh my god why
#29 Posted: 01:18:06 05/08/2016
Quote: Bryman04

Are you talking about Secret Life of Pets? Or Cloudy Chance of Meatballs, I think Cloudy was way cartoony, but not like Madagascar, but Secret Life of Pets, nah, it wasn't terrible, but not good either.

I was talking about Cloudy. I didn't saw Pets, but the animation looks charming to me.

About The Wild, I actually like it. I was just joking. Need to saw it again however. Such a long time...
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:28 05/08/2016 by Crash10
#30 Posted: 01:20:05 05/08/2016

I was talking about Cloudy. I didn't saw Pets, but the animation looks charming to me.

The animation is actually very charming, but the movie is mostly predictable sans a few couple scenes, it's an ok movie but not a 10/10 in any way.
#31 Posted: 01:29:33 05/08/2016
Actually, The Wild is the one where near the end,

it had that volcano erupting and those crazy buffalo/oxen that worshipped one of the main characters, right? I remember liking that part a lot.

But yeah, I should also check it out again.

Yeah, is the one where

the stampedes where sick of being down in the food chain and decided do turn into carnivores.

That's the most nonsensical and gruesome evil plan I ever saw. Like, what the producers where thinking?
---
Bruh
#32 Posted: 01:35:12 05/08/2016
The problrm is that it tries to be a family comedy and a dark adventure at the same time. The movie was gruesome and had realistic character design, but at the same time it had cartoony animation and slapstick jokes all around. It makes it look that the movie doesn't know which identity it wants to take.
---
Bruh
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#33 Posted: 02:01:50 05/08/2016
i was eating when i clicked this topic...

also i thought this was going to be a topic about Sausage Party before i clicked it

[User Posted Image]

On Hotel Transylvania, I saw some people also critisizing it for being way over cartoony, and, as much as I'm not a big fan of the movie itself, I can see where's the charm on it's animation.

I'm not a big fan of HT either, but it's not because of how cartoony it is. I liked the animation and I really liked some of the characters, like Dracula. But I hated his daughter. She was such an ungrateful brat iirc and it bothered me so much that it dragged down the rest of the movie for me. smilie Maybe she had a reason to act like that but she just irked me when I watched it so I haven't even seen the second one yet.
---
but i love it all smooth
#34 Posted: 02:17:28 05/08/2016
Not just her, but the human guy is also a pretty generic teenager character. At least she had something with her curious nature at the start. The plot also turns into a pretty predictable "love stort about different types of beings, father protects her from everything and so on". I think that it has bigger chances with me now that it will become a TV series, which I think works better for this and let the crew explore more of the basic concept of hotel for monsters, which in my opinion has great potential.
---
Bruh
#35 Posted: 02:20:23 05/08/2016
Quote: LevanJess
i was eating when i clicked this topic...

also i thought this was going to be a topic about Sausage Party before i clicked it

[User Posted Image]

On Hotel Transylvania, I saw some people also critisizing it for being way over cartoony, and, as much as I'm not a big fan of the movie itself, I can see where's the charm on it's animation.

I'm not a big fan of HT either, but it's not because of how cartoony it is. I liked the animation and I really liked some of the characters, like Dracula. But I hated his daughter. She was such an ungrateful brat iirc and it bothered me so much that it dragged down the rest of the movie for me. smilie Maybe she had a reason to act like that but she just irked me when I watched it so I haven't even seen the second one yet.

Me and Kitty were talking about our thoughts on Sausage Party.

But if I could, I'd just love to go to see just how bad Sausage Party might be. Maybe I'll have the same experience you did as with Finding Dory, but so far, with Sausage Party I think it'll just be the opposite.

I mean as an adult, this'll be the first CGI Full Lenght animated adult movie we get, and it's a satire against Pixar with talking food.

Now as for Finding Dory, I've heard good things about it, so I'm excited to see it. But i'm not excited for Sausage Party.

Quote: Kitty
Sausage Party, oh god. I forgot about that, to be honest. It looks like garbage and I have no desire to see it. Basically just Family Guy: Hot Dog Edition.
#36 Posted: 02:25:33 05/08/2016
I remember an old 2D cartoon with that monster hotel concept, but I can't remember the name. :I

And I'm sorry, but Sausage Party is just going to be awful based on the script.

You have nothing to be sorry about, it's pretty much a forgone conclusion. smilie
#37 Posted: 02:26:38 05/08/2016
Script didn't stopped Bee Movie.

About Sausage Party, I actually laughed at the first trailer more than it looks. Maybe because I'm dumb enough to laugh at swear word use.
---
Bruh
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#38 Posted: 02:36:06 05/08/2016
Not just her, but the human guy is also a pretty generic teenager character. At least she had something with her curious nature at the start. The plot also turns into a pretty predictable "love stort about different types of beings, father protects her from everything and so on". I think that it has bigger chances with me now that it will become a TV series, which I think works better for this and let the crew explore more of the basic concept of hotel for monsters, which in my opinion has great potential.

Oh yeah, completely agreed. The human guy was definitely pretty annoying most of the time and very generic and flat... I wonder if they changed that and developed him a bit more in the second one. But I didn't know a TV series for it is coming out, that's pretty cool actually! I might check it out because I love the "hotel for monsters" concept too.

But if I could, I'd just love to go to see just how bad Sausage Party might be. Maybe I'll have the same experience you did as with Finding Dory, but so far, with Sausage Party I think it'll just be the opposite.

I mean as an adult, this'll be the first CGI Full Lenght animated adult movie we get, and it's a satire against Pixar with talking food.

Now as for Finding Dory, I've heard good things about it, so I'm excited to see it. But i'm not excited for Sausage Party.

Sausage Party, oh god. I forgot about that, to be honest. It looks like garbage and I have no desire to see it. Basically just Family Guy: Hot Dog Edition.

Haha, I agree with you two. smilie It looks like complete crap but I'm definitely curious to see how bad it is. Definitely won't be paying money to see it in theaters, though...
---
but i love it all smooth
#39 Posted: 02:39:29 05/08/2016
Quote: LevanJess

Oh yeah, completely agreed. The human guy was definitely pretty annoying most of the time and very generic and flat... I wonder if they changed that and developed him a bit more in the second one. But I didn't know a TV series for it is coming out, that's pretty cool actually! I might check it out because I love the "hotel for monsters" concept too.

Haha, I agree with you two. smilie It looks like complete crap but I'm definitely curious to see how bad it is. Definitely won't be paying money to see it in theaters, though...

Oh, same here. I'm defs gonna see it, and I'm certainly not gonna pay for it, but I have ways....
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#40 Posted: 03:08:41 05/08/2016
To those of you saying Sausage Party will be garbage.

It's bound to go down when more reviews come out but that bodes very well so far.

Nate Hopper worked on Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs, but he didn't work on the Lion King..That goes to Rob Minkoff who is just a producer for this movie.

So nobody in any creative capacity? That's a shame.

I haven't seen Cloudy yet but if I recall correctly some of the guys behind that did The Lego Movie, so I have high expectations.
#41 Posted: 05:20:20 05/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
To those of you saying Sausage Party will be garbage.

It's bound to go down when more reviews come out but that bodes very well so far.

So nobody in any creative capacity? That's a shame.

I haven't seen Cloudy yet but if I recall correctly some of the guys behind that did The Lego Movie, so I have high expectations.

Cav im going to be honest with you

drop your expectations
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me