Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Trump or Clinton? [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#51 Posted: 06:42:29 24/07/2016
[User Posted Image]

Ho hum...

Quote: Bumblebunnii
This. It's going to hurt me to vote Trump... But that's who I'm going for.
I like his foreign policy and his gun policy, and I'd never support a murderer.

Have you considered Johnson and/or Stein?

While Trump is a horrible person, I like that he supports helping our own before we help others.
The sad truth of the matter is that we no longer have room for illegal immigrants to keep coming into the country, or refugees coming here legally until we solve the problems that American citizens are currently.

I still argue more in favor of taking those illegal immigrants currently in the country and helping them on the road to citizenship.
While Trump wants to claim that most illegal immigrants are rapists or drug dealers, that does not make up the majority. And many of those immigrants that come here illegally do so to provide a better life for themselves and their families. Rather than ship them back off to the country of their origin they should be allowed to gain citizenship instead, especially if they're working normal jobs (or even jobs that most Americans don't want to do) and are paying their taxes.

If they're convicted of crimes and are illegal immigrants then yeah that isn't cool. But if they're law abiding folk who are just doing jobs to make a living and they're paying taxes, I don't see why we should deport them.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#52 Posted: 06:50:54 24/07/2016
[User Posted Image]
not american but
trump > clinton tbh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:05:03 24/07/2016 by arceustheprime
#53 Posted: 07:06:44 24/07/2016
Also something I haven't seen mentioned much throughout this campaign is government surveillance. I don't even recall Sanders commenting on it and it's pretty concerning.

I'm certain Trump would be against it but...........that's Trump.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#54 Posted: 19:21:49 24/07/2016
Quote: Metallo
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I have a very controversial belief about immigration and I don't think I'm ready to share it with any of you

posting that = willing to share it.

spill the beans

Fair enough.

While I recognize that border laws are necessary for security, I think most concepts of their enforcement, such as deportation and armed border guards, come from a fundamental belief that people outside of your country are somehow less human than you.

Not really, it comes more so from the fact that they broke the law, hence why they are called "illegal immigrants."
#55 Posted: 19:24:02 24/07/2016
^But then why don't they help them on the path to citizenship? Why just brand them illegal for crossing that border and send them back home?
#56 Posted: 19:29:44 24/07/2016
Quote: CAV
^But then why don't they help them on the path to citizenship? Why just brand them illegal for crossing that border and send them back home?

Because simply dashing across our border and claiming to now be a U.S citizen actually is illegal and technically does make them a criminal (as they have committed a crime: crossing our border illegally.) That's not my opinion either, that's a fact about our immigration laws.
#57 Posted: 20:05:38 24/07/2016
The question is which do you support more? The deportation of those immigrants, or helping them through the process of becoming citizens so long as they're employed and paying taxes?

I'm not talking about immigrants who come here illegally and do nothing or, worse, criminal activity.
#58 Posted: 20:24:27 24/07/2016
The question is which do you support more? The deportation of those immigrants, or helping them through the process of becoming citizens so long as they're employed and paying taxes?

I'm not talking about immigrants who come here illegally and do nothing or, worse, criminal activity.

Okay, you're talking about immigrants? Not illegals? That does change things quite a bit. I have no problem with legal immigration.
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#59 Posted: 20:55:30 24/07/2016
[User Posted Image]

- - -
#60 Posted: 21:01:12 24/07/2016
Quote: Mrmorrises

Okay, you're talking about immigrants? Not illegals? That does change things quite a bit. I have no problem with legal immigration.

As a matter of fact I am talking about illegal immigrants.

A lot of immigrants that come here illegally come here to get jobs (often jobs that Americans don't want to do; such as field work and building) and provide for their families. If these illegal immigrants are working folk who are paying their taxes, would you prefer getting them citizenship, or sending them back to their place of origin?
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#61 Posted: 21:19:58 24/07/2016

No, he's talking about illegals whose only illegal act is crossing the border, the ones who come here and get jobs and pay taxes, the only thing separating them from a legal immigrant being a piece of paper. Wouldn't it be much more logical and humane to focus them into the naturalization process instead of deporting them?

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:21:46 24/07/2016 by Metallo
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#62 Posted: 21:50:51 24/07/2016
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
I'd like to exercise my right to vote but I have no idea.

https://www.isidewith.com/

Unbiased quiz that should help. For anyone else that's unsure, this quiz can actually be pretty helpful.

[User Posted Image]
seems kind of contradictory
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:51:15 24/07/2016 by Carmelita Fox
#63 Posted: 05:18:02 25/07/2016

No, he's talking about illegals whose only illegal act is crossing the border, the ones who come here and get jobs and pay taxes, the only thing separating them from a legal immigrant being a piece of paper. Wouldn't it be much more logical and humane to focus them into the naturalization process instead of deporting them?

EDIT: Ninja'd.

I was thinking more on the issue of letting immigrants continue to illegally cross our border, because obviously many have broken the law and gotten deported as a result of it. It's a jarring scenario when we have some illegals who we allow to enter and start lives as workers, and others who get caught and deported.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#64 Posted: 09:50:50 25/07/2016
[User Posted Image]

unsurprising
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me