darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > A possible way to reintroduce battle mode.
Page 1 of 1
A possible way to reintroduce battle mode.
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#1 Posted: 12:10:28 22/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Battle mode is a beloved aspect of the skylander series that has been missing since trap team, and I can see them returning it in Imaginators. That sparked an idea for me of a possible way to reintroduce it to make it more fun and exciting than ever before. Battle mode had a ton of different types of battles, there was the arena rumble mode, Skygoals, and Skygem Master to name a few. I believe imaginators could expand on that, by adding new types of modes.
What about a mode where skylanders need to over come an obstacle course, whoever finishes it first wins, you can attack your opponent to slow them down and potentially defeat them before they can finish of course. In the course you may also use the obstacles to work against your opponent.
Adding an online battle mode and a ranking board would be great, for example if you win a match you earn points to increase your battle ranking and portal master rank.

Increasing your battle ranking will have it's own rewards, like special instant skylanders that are harder to come by. Of course online play could have balancing issues, the first issue would be levels, during each match all skylanders will be level 20, this will not change their upgrades.
To avoid the new guy's being put up against the best players why not have a cup system for certain rankings? For example the newer players who are rank one will be in the bronze cup, where they will be up against rankings one to five, then there is the sliver cup with the ranking's five to ten, and so fourth and so on until we reach the final cup, the eon cup, and that will be rank's 25 to the final rank of 30. New arena's could also be unlocked through ranking up, or buying special battle packs like the ones in giants. You'll also be able to battle without being online like in the originals. Imaginators can be used, but vehicles and traptanium crystals cannot be used, as it's between skylanders.
This doesn't mean they'll be completely useless however, as having one can unlock certain power ups, for example the stealth stinger could bring a powerful bombardment on your foe, or traptanium crystals of certain elements can give you a slight boost if your skylander is of that element for a while.
Online competitions and events could also be hosted on certain dates where players in each cup can compete for rewards,These tornemunts will happen monthly. So that's my idea for battle mode, if any of you want to expand on it feel free to do so.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:36:31 22/07/2016 by Camo Lover
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#2 Posted: 14:07:23 22/07/2016
Please make paragraphs next time, my head hurts from all these words. We all want PvP back, but I think TFB has already forgotten about it and some characters would be broken. (Gearshift)
#3 Posted: 14:34:19 22/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Split it up into paragraphs, failed to notice thanks. Most skylanders can be nerfed, remember every skylander can be over powered depending on the way you use them. For example I could destroy everyone with Camo if I use him correctly.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 14:50:09 22/07/2016
I personally really like these ideas, even though I'm slowly losing hope for Battle Mode coming back. Another idea would be to limit Imaginators or Eon's' Elites to local play and online with friends.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#5 Posted: 15:09:42 22/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah I can see Eon's elites being over powered. Perhaps they'd be reduced to the normal stats of the skylander they are. Like for example elite spryo has the same stats as regular Spryo in battle mode.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#6 Posted: 15:51:14 22/07/2016
i'll probably be the only one to ever say it.. but i'm actually fine with them having a spinoff game focused on a battle mode including a mode that would be like an online battlefield game with players just having an all out terrain with their skylanders.
wouldn't ever happen but i'd buy it.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 16:11:51 22/07/2016
Battle mode (or any other meaningful content) disappearing for the last two games has been very noticeable to me. I'm to the point I'm ok voting with my dollars on its exclusion past this entry.
#8 Posted: 20:43:03 22/07/2016 | Topic Creator
It may not be included. But this would be great if they added it.
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#9 Posted: 04:51:34 23/07/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Please make paragraphs next time, my head hurts from all these words. We all want PvP back, but I think TFB has already forgotten about it and some characters would be broken. (Gearshift)

I don't care much for battle mode, never have. It wouldn't be a big deal for me if it doesn't come back.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:51:57 23/07/2016 by ZygardePerfecto
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#10 Posted: 06:46:47 23/07/2016
They could just tell that we won't be able to use elites during battle mode....that would solve the problem .
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#11 Posted: 08:44:42 23/07/2016
1. Guy says "many" modes
2. His list of "a few examples" is the ENTIRE LIST iirc.
There were only 3 modes. (Unless I'm forgetting something from SWAP Force)
Levels don't need to be removed bro.
It's an RPG light, and you can get a Skylander to 20 in an hour.
Not to mention Supercharger characters tend to have really weak hp, so they'd suck without the Supercharger bonus
And your bonuses for vehicles and traps sound like a bigger balancing issue than the supercharge bonus.
Traps should hit the road, as long as they still do SOMETHING, it's fine.
No one expects vehicles to be used in PVP, if they did, they're insane. They're much larger than playable characters, don't have hp of their own, only armor to add to the skylanders' own health, and to top it all off, Racing is still a thing in Imaginators
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#12 Posted: 13:12:56 23/07/2016
Battlecast showed also that there are more options for a PVP mode, since animation wise it's pretty much a turn-based RPG. We need something we can use our Skylanders and be proud of them, Skystones doesn't cut it(though I heard TT3DS did it the most right since the online actually works without having to be in a co-op mode or whatever).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#13 Posted: 15:48:46 23/07/2016
Quote: ZygardePerfecto

I don't care much for battle mode, never have. It wouldn't be a big deal for me if it doesn't come back.

same here...though I do miss the arena ( except for the "don't get hit" challenges...screw that bs ) and even TT's Kaos Doom Challenge, I never cared for PVP.
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#14 Posted: 05:16:46 24/07/2016
Quote: ChillStealthElf

same here...though I do miss the arena ( except for the "don't get hit" challenges...screw that bs ) and even TT's Kaos Doom Challenge, I never cared for PVP.

Sweet Lordy, those "Don't make a single mistake challenges".

I did like the Kaos Doom challenge. So much pressure, so much fun.......until you spam kaos's undead element attack AND the game glitches and somehow gave kaos infinite time for a while.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:18:34 24/07/2016 by ZygardePerfecto
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#15 Posted: 06:32:07 24/07/2016
Quote: ChillStealthElf

Sweet Lordy, those "Don't make a single mistake challenges".

I did like the Kaos Doom challenge. So much pressure, so much fun.......until you spam kaos's undead element attack AND the game glitches and somehow gave kaos infinite time for a while.

was it undead or magic? I could have sworn I used the magic element to "heal" Kaos ( aka, reset his timer ) while spamming DOOM SHARKS to clear Kaos Doom Challenge.....
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#16 Posted: 15:18:20 24/07/2016
I hope we get PVP mode back

If not this game, maybe in the future.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 21:03:53 24/07/2016
"Yugi Fighting Jaden couldn't happen as it would be a hero fighting his comrade"- Kazuki Takahashi
^ ^ ^ This is more or less the devs official (as in they said that in an interview.) stance on direct PvP atm.

I mean, if it could be branded as a sort of training regimen (like sparring), I could see it actually making a comeback.
Especially if you add an obstacle course like TC suggested, etc.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:28 24/07/2016 by juarmo
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#18 Posted: 23:03:31 24/07/2016
Quote: juarmo
"Yugi Fighting Jaden couldn't happen as it would be a hero fighting his comrade"- Kazuki Takahashi
^ ^ ^ This is more or less the devs official (as in they said that in an interview.) stance on direct PvP atm.

That was VV though, not TFB. ...Right?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#19 Posted: 00:35:44 25/07/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: juarmo

That was VV though, not TFB. ...Right?

Well, technically, yes. VV's the one who said that.
However, that sounds like a TFB-y thing to say imo, plus there's the fact that VV was the last one to actually have PVP, wheras TFB was the one to put an end to it in the first place.
They might've just echoed TFB's sentiments on the matter.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:10 25/07/2016 by juarmo
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 02:20:38 25/07/2016
I remember that BS line about "fighting comrades"...yet the company introduces Battlecast. They don't know anything about a coherent strategy.

Given the option of having "no" extra features and having this, I'll take it. After game content is crucial for a game like this that sells figures for it 9 months out of the year.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:42 25/07/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me