Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Rant on Trap Team Availability
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1 Posted: 18:21:36 17/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Yesterday, I rebought Skylanders Trap Team for my Xbox One. I didn't have too many figures for the game, so I thought I could take advantage of the BOGO sale at Toys R Us. Problem was, there were barely any Trap Team figures for sale. The only things there were some Fist Bumps, Blastermind, Kaboom Tuff Luck and Legendary Deja Vu... Sure, the game is old, BUT IT AINT THAT OLD! Acti, WHAT'S THE DEAL? Why can't I buy your figures anymore???

What ticks me off the most is that SWAP Force (a game that's a year older than Trap Team) has PLENTYof stock. I kid you not, I saw people at my Toys R Us opening a fresh case of Swappers to put on the shelves. Are you KIDDING ME!? There's no excuse for this at all. If stores are willing to supply toys for a game that's nearly 3 years old, than there's no reason other than laziness that I can't go into my local TRU and buy Thunderbolt or Rocky Roll.

I understand that you want stores to focus more on the stock of the current game, but maybe just do what you did for Dino Rang a while back and rerelease some of the harder to find Trap Masters and Expansion Packs as a sort of event! Something, please!! This is getting ridiculous.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 19:35:56 17/07/2016
Stores aren't willing to order as much Trap Team or Superchargers stock because they still have cases of SWAP Force sitting in the back room.
SlickP Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#3 Posted: 21:08:52 17/07/2016
Get them at GameStop, preowned B2G3.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 22:38:03 17/07/2016
Swap Force had better sales, so they probably think:"Hey, let's stock the popular ones! I'm sure everyone wants them three years later!"
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 23:56:32 17/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: SlickP

I tried. They only had Snap Shot, Food Fight and other Cores I didn't give a crap about. Trap Masters are all I'm really looking for right now
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#6 Posted: 19:53:40 18/07/2016
Try ebay if no other option
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#7 Posted: 02:16:59 25/07/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: SlickP

I tried. They only had Snap Shot, Food Fight and other Cores I didn't give a crap about. Trap Masters are all I'm really looking for right now

Gamestop has basically everything pre owned online.
eBay has them pretty cheap too.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 02:18:28 25/07/2016
Pre-owned is the way to go. I've never seen skylanders as cheap as now (even new in box) on eBay. Way too much quantity. Those 3+ billion figures are going to put a dent in asking prices. Economics 101.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:00 25/07/2016 by TakeYourLemons
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#9 Posted: 12:05:00 25/07/2016
I have to agree with lemons on this one....skylanders figures have never been as cheap as they are right now...that even go's for chase variants as well! This has always been the best time to buy used figures...right in between games!...but this year alot more people jumped ship I think because of superchargers not living up to people's expectations...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me