Page 1 of 1
Anyone still playing this?
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#1 Posted: 12:47:07 11/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Just wondering... lol... sinse i'm not a big fan of the newer Skylanders games... so anyone still plays games like SSA, SG and SSF? :3 those where my favorites
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 10:37:45 12/07/2016
I still collect Giants toys and play with them on the newer games if that counts ?

I might play the Giants 3DS game sometime in the near future . I picked up a starter pack to get my hands on Punch Pop Fizz and well I hate to waste the game that came with it .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:39:03 12/07/2016 by Dark fhoenix
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#3 Posted: 03:24:08 14/07/2016
I've gone back here & there...though it feels so weird after getting used to being able to jump smilie

on a side note, I just picked up a portal owner's pack of the 3DS version from Gamestop for only $0.97! Already beat it and most of the Adventure Pack stages but holy heck is the game hard....like WAY harder than the console version. Maxed out characters were dying in just a couple hits smilie might go back just to collect the few hats I missed, but not going to bother trying for the 3 stars on the stages....and my Shroomboom is the only character who didn't get added to the collection ( it's Sure Shot Shroomboom, which still works and comes up as "special", but doesn't register like it does on the console Giants & SF )
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#4 Posted: 23:11:01 15/07/2016
Heck yeah. Especially since Superchargers after-game is so disappointing and the old games are the only ones with PvP.
---
Any last wishes?
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#5 Posted: 18:41:55 25/07/2016
I played it this morning. I still love this game.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#6 Posted: 03:18:15 28/07/2016
I still play on my xbox with Pop fizz, Tree rex, Crusher, And Eye Brawl.
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
WarDoctor42 Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#7 Posted: 18:04:23 28/07/2016
I don't really play it that much after I finish the story
Tvk Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#8 Posted: 12:02:40 28/08/2016
2 years ago I started with trap team on ps4. Truly love this game. A bit later I bought swap force. Great game too. Superchargers I got on launch. It was a big disappointment to me. I wanted to play the old games also.
About half a year ago, I bought a ps3 just to play spyros adventure and giants. I wanted to know how it startedm Great games too.
My top 5

1 trap team
2 swap force
3 spyros adventure
4 giants.
5 super chargers
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 14:20:45 28/08/2016
I tried playing it the other day but the frame rate was killing me too much.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 20:46:45 28/08/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

what system was you playing it on?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
BahamtX Green Sparx Gems: 220
#11 Posted: 07:20:28 31/08/2016
I've been away from Skylanders for a while, but I do prefer the older ones. Also, I don't want to waste all my money on newer skylanders. I'm quite happy with just playing the first 3 games. I still like playing through the stories of the first 3 games and I have so many Skylanders now that it's always refreshing to go through these games again and again.
---
Favorite Skylanders: Sunburn, Flashwing, Camo, Cynder, Spyro, Whirlwind, Zap, and Drobot.
Yes, all dragons. 'Cause dragons are awesome!
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#12 Posted: 14:17:57 31/08/2016
Quote:
Already beat it and most of the Adventure Pack stages but holy heck is the game hard....like WAY harder than the console version.

After playing the trenches of 3DS Spyros Adventure . 3DS Giants was a walk in the park .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Lalalame Green Sparx Gems: 231
#13 Posted: 18:37:35 31/08/2016
I re-beat the main story of all the Skylanders games every year around this time. Giants was short but has always been my favorite.
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#14 Posted: 16:50:39 13/09/2016
Still playing to complete all Heroic Challenges with all my skylanders. Almost done. Only a few Eons elites from Superchargers. Still no news from Eons elites for Imaginators, but that are only a few skylanders to complete the Challenges. After that waiting for my little Son to complete Spyros adventure so we can move on with Giants.
He is now more into LEGO dimensions so that can take a while.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#15 Posted: 11:38:06 24/10/2016
I still play, and it's the one I've played the most. I really love it, and I consider it has the best gameplay of the entire series, though I hate the graphics and frame rate of the PS3 version, they're awful. I don't understand why they aren't the same than in Spyro's Adventure, they were awesome.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:11:56 24/10/2016 by Halvmorke
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#16 Posted: 12:34:24 24/10/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: TheToyNerd

what system was you playing it on?

Wii on the Wii U's emulator
#17 Posted: 17:38:35 24/10/2016
Quote:
It was actually the opposite for me with graphics/framerate... In regard to the 360 version, but close enough...

Yeah, I have understood that the graphics in the XBox 360 version of the game are way better. It's pretty annoying, since textures, shades and colour in Spyro's Adventure PS3 version are amazing and beautiful, and Giants looks like a mediocre PS2 game...
---
Maenta Green Sparx Gems: 150
#18 Posted: 00:00:39 27/10/2016
I've recently been trying to Platinum it on PS3. Only trophy I have left is to finish the game on Nightmare Difficulty.
---
Newest: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#19 Posted: 17:57:16 27/10/2016
Quote: Maenta
I've recently been trying to Platinum it on PS3. Only trophy I have left is to finish the game on Nightmare Difficulty.

Me getting 65000 coins with a single Skylander and the dreadyatch one... I hate it... >.<
---
spideyrdr Green Sparx Gems: 208
#20 Posted: 19:15:57 27/10/2016
I'm picking up Giants right now (late to the party). My first game save is just far enough in to get me to Flynn's ship so I can run through the Heroic Challenges - which I am doing to a few figures before I restart a new game save from the beginning. I stuck to primarily the same characters in SSA so it'll be fun to do something similar with a new group in Giants. I haven't decided what my lineup is going to be but an leaning towards:

Magic: Double Trouble (S2)
Tech: Drill Sergeant (S2) or Legendary Bouncer
Fire: Legendary Ignitor or Flamslinger (S2)
Air: Swarm. Swarm is probably my favorite Giant
Life: Undecided. Gnarly Tree Rex, Zook (S2) or maybe Lightcore Shroom Boom
Water: Thumpback
Undead (my favorite element): Eyebrawl, Chop Chop (S2), Hex (S2) or maybe even Cynder (S3) or Fright Rider
Earth: Terrafin (S2) or Bash (S2)

So many options in this second game!
#21 Posted: 20:35:13 27/10/2016
I see my taste is similar to yours!

I'll recommend you Legendary Bouncer. Thumpback and Swarm are also my favourite Giants, so I know how you feel smilie

Eyebrawl is amazing in every way, same about Hex and Chop Chop, but Eyebrawl is awesome. Not a really fan of Fright Rider... Cynder is amazing in PvP.

Bash S2 toy is one of my favourite toys in the entire franchise. Terrafin S2 is the best Terrafin toy in my opinion.

Between Legendary Ignitor and Flameslinger... I would pick up the first one, definitely. Bouncer and Ignitor are the only legendary figures I consider that don't look awful, indeed. Unless you think you need another shooter... but I'd pick up him anyway.

Hope you find usefull my opinion smilie
---
spideyrdr Green Sparx Gems: 208
#22 Posted: 22:12:48 27/10/2016
Quote: Halvmorke

Hope you find usefull my opinion smilie

Thank you for your opinion! I do appreciate it! smilie I definitely have some options to work with and I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

Cheers!
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#23 Posted: 23:28:12 04/11/2016
Quote: spideyrdr
I'm picking up Giants right now (late to the party). My first game save is just far enough in to get me to Flynn's ship so I can run through the Heroic Challenges - which I am doing to a few figures before I restart a new game save from the beginning. I stuck to primarily the same characters in SSA so it'll be fun to do something similar with a new group in Giants. I haven't decided what my lineup is going to be but an leaning towards:

Magic: Double Trouble (S2)
Tech: Drill Sergeant (S2) or Legendary Bouncer
Fire: Legendary Ignitor or Flamslinger (S2)
Air: Swarm. Swarm is probably my favorite Giant
Life: Undecided. Gnarly Tree Rex, Zook (S2) or maybe Lightcore Shroom Boom
Water: Thumpback
Undead (my favorite element): Eyebrawl, Chop Chop (S2), Hex (S2) or maybe even Cynder (S3) or Fright Rider
Earth: Terrafin (S2) or Bash (S2)

So many options in this second game!

Good lineup. I recommend Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop, and Terrafin.
---
Any last wishes?
Mobcraft101 Red Sparx Gems: 63
#24 Posted: 18:39:01 02/08/2017
I love the older Skylanders games, I don't really like the newer ones either tbh
---
I say "I'm sorry" every second of every day. I love Akame Ga Kill. I'm a teen girl who probably shouldn't be here. I make bad art.
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#25 Posted: 03:07:39 29/04/2018
I've decided to go back and play some heroic challenges (kind of wished activision would re-release this game, plus spyro's adventure to modern consoles with all skylanders playable.)
flarewolf 34 Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#26 Posted: 09:19:58 03/08/2018
yeah i do
---
my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ1A12cTLUPE1rLewjqX5Bw?view_as=subscriber
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#27 Posted: 22:01:42 29/12/2018
Bought it to teach my students about character, setting, plot and point of view. Good stuff.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#28 Posted: 11:56:23 31/12/2018
In storytelling, point of view is who and where the narrator is, 1st person, 3rd person, etc. in video games this could show up as camera angle (do you see the whole character, or just the hands?). I think my students got the idea better because of the game.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
jainasky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1016
#29 Posted: 11:37:25 30/03/2019
I do, matter of fact I just bought the Wii U version so I can play it easier since my Xbox 360 isnt hooked up right now.

And recently completed getting all my Giants. I had most of them but bought Bouncer, Legendary Bouncer and Crusher. I think the only other one I will get is Gnarley Tree Rex because he is so cool looking.

The past few months I have been filling gaps in my whole collection since the figures are a bit easier to find on amazon/ebay or Facebook Marketplace now.
---
jainasky
Lady Skylanders collector from the Southern US
Favorite characters: Whirlwind, Flashwing, Molten Hot Dog, Eye Brawl and Ninjini
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me