Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Open Messages to the Hunters [STICKY]
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#51 Posted: 17:40:02 11/08/2016
Quote: Aura24
If users continue to go off-topic, then moderator action has to be laid out. Repeating warnings to those who continue ignoring them will just go on deaf ears during this time period until new details are posted.

It's especially amazing when people who messed with the website got all their posts deleted, but people talking about things that are into way related to skylanders just get a warning.
---
Dead
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#52 Posted: 17:41:04 11/08/2016
Soon enough the entire General Discussion will probably be closed. Pff.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#53 Posted: 00:32:47 20/08/2016
Quote: mega spyro
All this has just made me hesitant to post anything in the skylander forums, even when I have news.

Yup. About three weeks ago, I was sent a retail listing of all the new figures, packs, starters, and portal owner's packs set to release with the new game by another forum member (and then cross checked it with my own sources). Neither one of us have cared to post for these same reasons, but a few of us have been heavily discussing the information elsewhere, offsite.

dS isn't even really the place to go for news now.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#54 Posted: 00:39:42 20/08/2016
Yeah, except ~other forum~ gets news from here, and r/skylanders is unreliable when it's also not getting news from here or skylanders-inquirer/myskylanders/etc.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#55 Posted: 02:00:37 20/08/2016
Oh, I wasn't aware you were on the other forum. Do tell, what's your username there?

*To clarify, I did not state we were discussing this on another forum. Just off-site. Because the discussion isn't happening on another forum. As far as I know, this list, which spans 65 SKUs worth (and doesn't likely include any retail exclusives - but does include partial or full names for 26 different Senseis, a number of Adventure Packs that I won't disclose here, 17 different versions of the game, a various number of entries for the creation crystals and multi-packs of them, and another mysterious item we haven't quite figured out yet...) has not been posted outside our small, contained group. Here, /r/skylanders, or elsewhere.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:20:21 20/08/2016 by UncleBob
#56 Posted: 02:15:05 20/08/2016
Depends what other forum we're talking about. Not bringing up any names here since I think the admin doesn't want a flood of DS users, but there are plenty of DS users there if it's any hint.

Well, on that info, you can always talk to Buuzer to let you keep it in a thread and discuss nicely. Yeah, we call him out a lot, but he's a user like any of us and can just talk.
Also he toned down on the rampant thread closing and cleanup lately; compliments where it's due.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:22:37 20/08/2016 by Bifrost
#57 Posted: 02:21:45 20/08/2016
I edited my previous post to potentially clear up any confusion you might be having. :D
#58 Posted: 02:23:43 20/08/2016
Oh, ok, so it's definately not the same place. We do have the stuff from myskylanders but I don't think it's 26 Senseis, just Waves 1 and 2.
---
#59 Posted: 02:36:14 20/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Well, on that info, you can always talk to Buuzer to let you keep it in a thread and discuss nicely. Yeah, we call him out a lot, but he's a user like any of us and can just talk.
Also he toned down on the rampant thread closing and cleanup lately; compliments where it's due.

Naw, we're good keeping to ourselves. Guy who compiled the first version of the list doesn't even come to these forums anymore. And even with the work I've put into it from my own sources, I wouldn't feel right leaking his list. I seriously doubt the others in the group will, but that's up to them. We'll just continue to observe from within the treehouse.
#60 Posted: 02:45:21 20/08/2016
Your choice. We'll just suffer from not knowing Grave Clobber's class a little longer, it's gonna get revealed eventually.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:59 20/08/2016 by Bifrost
#61 Posted: 04:05:14 20/08/2016
Well, not from this list. Like I said, it's just a retail sku list - and retailers don't care about battle classes...
#62 Posted: 16:29:41 20/08/2016
Quote: UncleBob
All this has just made me hesitant to post anything in the skylander forums, even when I have news.

Yup. About three weeks ago, I was sent a retail listing of all the new figures, packs, starters, and portal owner's packs set to release with the new game by another forum member (and then cross checked it with my own sources). Neither one of us have cared to post for these same reasons, but a few of us have been heavily discussing the information elsewhere, offsite.

To be honest, that's just kinda selfish. Your preventing everyone from seeing helpful news. Nice.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#63 Posted: 16:52:19 20/08/2016
Quote: Luminous35

To be honest, that's just kinda selfish. Your preventing everyone from seeing helpful news. Nice.

Yeah, seriously... There are barely any other Skylanders forums to get news like this. Please tell us what you got.

Seriously though, the GD spam is out of hand. Not naming names but some users just don't want to listen to the common folks even if they're right and clog up the forums with useless arguing
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#64 Posted: 18:09:17 20/08/2016
It's sad that one of our oldest users feels that it isn't worth contributing to the forum because of problems within it.

Not anyone's fault in particular, but there's so many posts that don't need to be there, whether that is spam from perhaps younger users or everyone else trying to stop them. I've never had to use the report button so much.
#65 Posted: 19:57:34 20/08/2016
Here's the thing though - the information we get isn't generally information we're supposed to get. By sharing it, we are risking our jobs. With the way too many of the users here act, it's just simply not worth the risk to post it here. Sorry.
#66 Posted: 20:01:49 20/08/2016
Here's the thing though - the information we get isn't generally information we're supposed to get. By sharing it, we are risking our jobs. With the way too many of the users here act, it's just simply not worth the risk to post it here. Sorry.

And that's absolutely fine! If you'd said this in your original post, I think we would have understood better smilie
#67 Posted: 20:04:23 20/08/2016
I thought as much so it's why I just nodded along. Myskylanders already kept tight lipped about the (now removed) source of the wave 1 and 2 listings until we found them ourselves, so imagine everything else.

Though now it's been explained best to end the discussion as is; Open Messages is to talk to the mods, this can continue into PMs or Imaginators GD if at all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:30 20/08/2016 by Bifrost
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#68 Posted: 02:06:19 26/08/2016
I'm wondering why people on this site complain about double posts.

Seriously, what's the big deal?
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:28:53 29/08/2016 by parisruelz12
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#69 Posted: 02:35:53 26/08/2016
Because it's right there in the rules to not do that?

Also, while we're kind of on the topic, why is there no "double post" button under report? There's "Accidental Duplicated Message" which from what I understand just means the site posts your post more than once, not when you're purposefully doing it.

Would it fall under "disruptive message"? Because in the rules there's two different sections for each:

Don't post in a disruptive manner
Writing entirely in capitals, alternating capitals, capitals at the start of every word, bold, italic, text or 1337 speek will be deleted or edited as it makes it difficult to read and is pointless to post in such a manner. Making posts or titles that stretch the page will also result in the deletion or edit of your post/topic.

Use the edit button
Posting several times in a row back to back in quick succession is pointless, disruptive and a waste of space. Use the Edit button below your posts in order to amend your previous post with what you would have posted, the topic is still marked as having new content.
---
Dead
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#70 Posted: 10:36:26 26/08/2016
I don't mean any disrespect to the forum. I've read the rules and I try to follow them.

In my opinion, it's just more disruptive to interrupt the flow of the conversation to cite the rules than it is to have an occasional double post.
---
Any last wishes?
#71 Posted: 11:09:22 26/08/2016
The issue with certain users is that it isn't occasional. It's all the time.
---
#72 Posted: 11:37:23 26/08/2016
Quote: Wishblade
In my opinion, it's just more disruptive to interrupt the flow of the conversation to cite the rules than it is to have an occasional double post.

> Someone double-posts
> One or two users complain

So that's three posts that aren't needed.

> Someone double-posts
> Everyone ignores them

Now there's still one post that isn't needed.

> Nobody double-posts

And here there's nothing that doesn't need to be there. You're never gonna get a double-post without someone complaining, so it's best not to do it at all.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#73 Posted: 13:00:53 26/08/2016
Mods can merge those posts with a couple of clicks though. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#74 Posted: 20:39:43 26/08/2016
The "Everything We Know About Skylanders Imaginators" page is too small, IMO. It lacks all the small things like the Wave Listings and Achievement Page. TTD should update it more frequently, or at least allow people to submit tidbits we picked up in GD while deleting all the off-topic posts
#75 Posted: 20:43:54 26/08/2016
TTD mentioned the other day he is busy lately, so he wouldn't be able to update it as frequently. Though maybe another mod should help it catch up in the meanwhile...?

edit: yuuuup, with the big wave 3 leak and some new names, another mod might want to edit his thread to add at least the new names and the page with listings.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:38 26/08/2016 by Bifrost
#76 Posted: 00:57:31 27/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
The issue with certain users is that it isn't occasional. It's all the time.

Then you report it and move on. Let a mod handle it (merge the posts as HR suggests, PM the user, issue a warning, whatever.) and all without derailing the topic with mini-modding (which, incidentally is also against the rules, but, as you said, is really only a problem with certain users who seem to get a free pass on it over and over.
#77 Posted: 01:08:59 27/08/2016
Well, unfortunately, our mods aren't here all the time(heck depending on the group of users completely out of the timezone), and are not robots who enforce stuff automatically.
---
#78 Posted: 01:37:20 27/08/2016
It's a double post. The world isn't going to set aflame if it's on the forums for a few hours.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#79 Posted: 13:46:39 27/08/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
The "Everything We Know About Skylanders Imaginators" page is too small, IMO. It lacks all the small things like the Wave Listings and Achievement Page. TTD should update it more frequently, or at least allow people to submit tidbits we picked up in GD while deleting all the off-topic posts

I apologise for not adding that, I've hardly had any time to go on my laptop over the past week and won't until the 2nd September. If I can find the time I'll update it tonight. If anyone could PM me with everything we've found over the past week that would be really helpful, I don't even know myself what's happened over the past week.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:48:41 27/08/2016 by TTD
#80 Posted: 13:49:03 27/08/2016
Quote: TTD

I apologise for not adding that, I've hardly had any time to go on my laptop over the past week and won't until the 2nd September. If I can find the time I'll update it tonight.

Thank you. I still think that multiple mods should have access to the thread so that it can be more up-to-date and we don't have all these "do we have anymore news yet?" posts
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#81 Posted: 13:51:33 27/08/2016
Quote: TTD

I apologise for not adding that, I've hardly had any time to go on my laptop over the past week and won't until the 2nd September. If I can find the time I'll update it tonight.

Thank you. I still think that multiple mods should have access to the thread so that it can be more up-to-date and we don't have all these "do we have anymore news yet?" posts

Every other mod also has access to the thread aswell as myself.
#82 Posted: 13:54:15 27/08/2016
This week in particular not much, wave 3 leak and new names+variant+the third AP, and Swashbuckler creation. My memory is really bad trying to place anything before that, things that happened last week feel like last month sometimes.
But yeah, there's Buuzer and Matteomax who are here doing the week, they could at least just quote the General Discussion posts of interest as soon as they see it and leave the first post updating for later.

Edit: oh yeah and a really blurry look at the poster, showing Blaster-Tron and the bowslingers in Tech and Magic, the Overview Trailer with some stuff(I think you posted that already?), and the Achievements.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:57:28 27/08/2016 by Bifrost
#83 Posted: 21:14:57 18/09/2016
If they can keep open a Hood Sickle Army thread, then theres no reason to close my Grave Clobber one.
---
#84 Posted: 12:00:47 02/10/2016
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=133022

I explain more on my thread, but since no mods showed up there, just bringing this here for more attention.
A user has been harassing me offsite about things previously argued on the Skylanders board, which match one person only at this point. Today they also attempted to frame ShadowMewX by naming their new throaway account after her.

Edit: and now Drek.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:50:58 03/10/2016 by Bifrost
#85 Posted: 04:48:07 14/06/2017
Here's a crazy idea, perhaps mods shouldn't lock threads just because they don't understand what is going on and someone is showing their ignorance (and before someone complains, that isn't an insult, ignorance is a lack of knowledge) and someone else is explaining why they are wrong (and literally sources with articles from major tech companies).

Seriously, 'scan for virus'.... if only the British National Health Service had thought of that in advance!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me