Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Will Detroit: Become Human Be Good?
Page 1 of 1
Will Detroit: Become Human Be Good?
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1 Posted: 14:40:17 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
PFFT... PROBABLY NOT!! David Cage games are dumb, nonsense and I feel like I'll have myself a good ass time laughing at how stupid it is. Anyone who thinks this will be good in any way needs to watch the Best Friends LP of Beyond Two Souls. David Cage games are NOTORIOUSLY BAD! They make virtually no sense and are filled with dumb moments that have you unintentionally burst out laughing. All the comments I've seen for this game have been mostly positive and I feel left out in this opinion.

I don't know, maybe there's something I'm not getting here. Why are people so damn excited for this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:30 05/07/2016 by TheToyNerd
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#2 Posted: 14:50:11 05/07/2016
When it comes to Let's Plays on David Cage games, I'll stick with Geek Remix and Jim Sterling.

I kinda wish we didn't had multiple playable characters, just Kara but keep it all linear, not that we shouldn't have other characters. I would love to see Lana Parilla (The Evil Queen Regina from Once Upon A Time) playing a CEO of the company that made these androids to serve as an antagonist. Maybe Haley Joel Osment as a scientist who frees Kara (since the actor played an android with emotions in A.I. Artificial Intelligence).

But if Detroit stands between his last two games, I'm sure David Cage will have in Christaphor Lambert somewhere.

---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#3 Posted: 15:01:38 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I dunno, man... Best Friends go pretty in-depth with their LP's. I might check out Jim's for poops and giggles but don't knock SBFP till you try it! They joke around, but they make sure to actually talk about the plot to the best of their ability.

Also, the actors don't really matter in the long run if the writing is terrible (Case and Point... Beyond Two Souls)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#4 Posted: 15:43:44 05/07/2016
If Two Best Friends does a Let's Play of Final Fantasy XV, I'll think "Didn't they say Final Fantasy is dead after Lightning Returns?" in my mind. But that's not the point.

The writing in Beyond is bad and even when there are decent scenes, they're all tied together so poorly. That said, performance does matter, that applies on both ends with one end being strong and memorable and the other as the stuff of legends you see in MST3K. This industry is so obsessed with making games like movies yet ignore the fact that acting is the most vital aspect

Heavy Rain had European actors trying to sound like Americans through dialogue written by a Frenchman. Lines like A hot shower. That'll create the magic of sleep. Stuff like that alludes to 90's Japanese games with english voice acting or Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Beyond Two Souls on the other hand had proper actors deliver bad dialogue with conviction and actual emotion.

I want Detroit to have both with slightly confused European actors and more professional actors to entertain the players.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#5 Posted: 16:50:09 05/07/2016
It's a David "Emoshuns" Cage game, obviously not gonna be good. Gonna be hilarious though.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
GarbageMemes101 Ripto Gems: 670
#6 Posted: 18:13:57 05/07/2016
hopefully
#7 Posted: 00:23:35 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: GarbageMemes101
hopefully

nah, bro. lower your expectations a bunch.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me