Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
covve's art
covve Green Sparx Gems: 337
#1 Posted: 07:19:37 03/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey there!~
Since I don't want my dA to become overloaded with fan art, and I'm considering ridding myself of my tumblr, I decided there seemed no better place to post it than here! I also don't believe in forgetting about your roots, so I've come back to the place that helped me get this far.
I don't have all that much to show at the moment, since school is taking up a lot of time, as well as other personal projects, but I have a couple things in the works at the moment. I'll post what I have anyway, though~

[User Posted Image]
Some concepts and stuff for a project I had/(have...?) planned

[User Posted Image]
Practice animation I did, which has a really obvious funny mistake :^ )

[User Posted Image]
Some sketches I did to help with a 3D model of Spyro's head

[User Posted Image]
And a head turn made with the help of the 3D model mentioned above! I did it only to see how his horns ( and crest) look on different angles

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these, and thanks for viewing! c:
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 18:34:32 03/07/2016
cool.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3 Posted: 22:44:15 05/07/2016
oh DUDE these are so cool
I didn't know you were doing more Spyro stuff!
Love the head turn, oh my gosh! What program did you use for that?
The way you do his face is just so cool??????
asdfghjkl;lkjhgf
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#4 Posted: 01:05:50 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
ahhh thank you guys so much :'D
I used Blender for making the model, then I animated/drew over it in Krita Animation. It's taken me like, seven years to be brave enough to use Blender X)
but I tend to use Sculptris a bit more, since its quicker and less complex~
#5 Posted: 04:37:32 06/07/2016
no problem dude!! ^^
Oh man you used Blender? Haha ... nope. Wow though man, I applaud you for managing to make that though, it is so amazing. <3
and thanks for just reminding me about Sculptris .... I just downloaded it!! :3c
---
I draw stuff.
#6 Posted: 12:07:22 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
hhhhh thank you so much Spyrobaro omg ;-;

hahaha yeah, I have watched hours of blender tutorials and still can only just remember the basics x) but thank you so much!
oh awesome! Have fun with it, its much easier and quicker than blender p:
#7 Posted: 19:21:00 06/07/2016
Hey, well you made something great so good job. cx
I just can't get over how you've done his face, I just love it so much. <3
(And yeah, I just played around with it for ten minutes, but Sculptris is so cool!)
---
I draw stuff.
#8 Posted: 07:56:55 07/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Hhhhhh thank you so much! I'm glad you like how it looks ;A;
(yesss omg I use it a lot, its so easy and quick to make a head model, I often make them on the fly when I can't get the angles to look right x3)

Anyway, thought I might as well try to keep this alive, so I have a wip of an image I'm slowly working on lol
[User Posted Image]
Trying to find a good body type/style for him, I kind of want to go for a sharper look though, since most of his original concepts were very sharp and angular. I also think that suits his personality better!~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:58:07 07/07/2016 by covve
#9 Posted: 20:02:47 07/07/2016
No prob!
(Yup, I'll totally be doing that from now on, it is such a useful tool!!)

And wow, totally loving how this is turning out so far. I know it's only a little black and white sketch, but I just love his pose and body shape so much. >.< I like you're idea of a sharper look too, it reminds me of that thing you posted on deviantART about Crash Bandicoot! I love how you're going back to his roots of being sharp, it will just make your style of him feel that much more nostalgic ( also i like how you are drawing him as his classic self rather than his tLoS self cx ).
---
I draw stuff.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#10 Posted: 23:00:32 11/07/2016
I am really enjoying the Spyro animations. How much time did these take? They're all looking great to me so far. If you want a request, try coloring the most recent picture of Spyro that you have uploaded. You did a really good job with the shading, too. Keep up the good work. smilie
#11 Posted: 05:50:59 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Sorry I stopped posting here! I lost interest in a lot of projects I was working on, so I didn't really have any reason to post.
I made a model of the trapped dragons from the first game a few days ago for reference (and fun) and I've posted it on most places I'm active on so I might as well put it here too.
[User Posted Image]
I screwed up on the tail a bit but it's fine for what I'll use it for.

I'm going to be busy with offline projects for the next few months so I don't know how much I'll actually be posting, but with the remasters I'm definitely inspired to do fanart if I have spare time.
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11314
#12 Posted: 07:26:45 06/04/2018
nice background
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me