Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Why I hate Sonic
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 23:49:09 30/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Sega prioritises on making and realising more Sonic games than extra into making faster localisations of Yakuza.

I wanted Yakuza 5 back 2013 and got it late 2015. We've missed Ishin, I'm worried Sega will skip Kiwami and go straight to bringing over Yakuza 6, which looks great (and Takeshi Kitano's in it) because I want the remake too since it's treated as much of a direct sequel to Zero as it is a re-telling of the original story.

[User Posted Image]

Why was there such a large gap? Because Sega put all that money into Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric! And that game sold poorly.

[User Posted Image]

Can we please agree to throw that annoying little blue rat under a bus so we can come back to Kamurocho more often?S The quality of the Yakuza games are more consistent and could sell well if Sega put in the effort in their marketing department. I mean Demon's Souls started as niche and the Dark Souls franchise and Bloodborne are mega-hits.

[User Posted Image]
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2 Posted: 00:13:23 01/07/2016
so you dont hate sonic

you hate the dumb****s at sega and are redirecting that hate towards an unfortunate byproduct of sega stupidity
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#3 Posted: 00:22:36 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Well I think Sega keeps screwing with the one IP they obsessed over, what will they have left? How every other IP they've been ignoring for the last 10-15 years.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#4 Posted: 00:28:51 01/07/2016
"I don't like this franchise because the company that makes it prioritise it over their other, extremely niche franchises. It's not like it's one of the most iconic franchises in the world or anything."
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#5 Posted: 00:36:25 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Except Yakuza is extremely popular in Japan, up there with Dragon Quest and Dynasty Warriors, and is large in scale with so much stuff to do, realistic graphics, great combat and as manly as it gets. How can any of that not appeal to western gamers? Because Sega doesn't care.

Death to the hedgehog! All hail the Dragon!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#6 Posted: 00:52:16 01/07/2016
Yes, Yakuza is extremely popular in Japan, but not in the West (the series has been around for years, and it failed to capture a wide market since GTA exists).

Just like how Sonic is popular in the West, but not as much in Japan. Sonic actually gets a little less focus in Japan (all of the games still come out but sometimes they come later).

Besides, I don't see why either series has to go.

I also don't see why you're complaining about not getting a localisation fast enough. You're still getting one. Phantasy Star fans in the West can't even say that much. Or how about European Mega Drive fans, who still haven't gotten SEGA 3D Classics Collection?
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 00:54:21 01/07/2016
It's like SEGA isn't obligated to sell one big game a year, the dev teams don't have anything to do with other, and localization for Sonic is centuries easier than a text and dialogue heavy game.

Nope, couldn't be like this.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#8 Posted: 05:44:23 01/07/2016
its like saying that you dont like zelda because nintendo chooses to make more zelda games over really obscure IP's.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#9 Posted: 06:28:33 01/07/2016
I don't see how a new Sonic game can delay a game's translation?
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#10 Posted: 10:53:24 01/07/2016
I'm so sorry SEGA decided to focus on a recognizable franchise that catering to fans of a game most people (including me) have never heard of, and honestly I can't say I really have an interest in this other game you mention. I get it, you don't like Sonic. A lot of people don't. My problem is you people feel the need to ruin Sonic for EVERYONE, and shove it down the few Sonic fans left how "objectively bad" his games are as if no one should be allowed to like the games. Please stop.
#11 Posted: 11:42:28 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: MugoUrth
I'm so sorry SEGA decided to focus on a recognizable franchise that catering to fans of a game most people (including me) have never heard of, and honestly I can't say I really have an interest in this other game you mention. I get it, you don't like Sonic. A lot of people don't. My problem is you people feel the need to ruin Sonic for EVERYONE, and shove it down the few Sonic fans left how "objectively bad" his games are as if no one should be allowed to like the games. Please stop.

Sonic fans are so rabid when someone says they don't like a particular Sonic game or desperately defend the worst Sonic games out there. So I might as well tear apart the entire franchise but the fans will respond poorly no matter what.

Yakuza has consistency and quality, things the Sonic Team do not care about. Neither does Sega as they rush deadlines and slash productions on a whim.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#12 Posted: 11:49:24 01/07/2016
Quote:
Sega put [...] money into Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric!

5char
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:50:21 01/07/2016 by QueenChrysalis
#13 Posted: 12:44:20 01/07/2016
Look dude no one's defending Rise of Lyric. We argue if it's worse than S06 or not, both even their PR will joke about. You're making a lot of assumptions to empower your confirmation bias.
---
#14 Posted: 13:19:46 01/07/2016
Quote: StevemacQ

Sonic fans are so rabid when someone says they don't like a particular Sonic game or desperately defend the worst Sonic games out there. So I might as well tear apart the entire franchise but the fans will respond poorly no matter what.

Yakuza has consistency and quality, things the Sonic Team do not care about. Neither does Sega as they rush deadlines and slash productions on a whim.

Yeah, and the haters are just as rabid when it comes to bashing Sonic. In fact, more so. I see people like you a LOT on forums, but I've yet to see these people who get up-in-arms when someone bashes Sonic 06. In fact, more often I see people ***** at others, saying stuff like "NO, THIS GAME SUCKS! YOU HAVE TO HATE THIS GAME LIKE I DO!!!" whenever anyone says anything nice about Sonic 06. I mean, I never played the game, so I don't have an opinion, but does your life really depend on ruining Sonic for everyone?

Honestly, I really don't care that much about Yakuza. It looks like a very modern game that doesn't really diversify itself from other modern games. Just saying. No point, just saying.
#15 Posted: 15:12:19 01/07/2016
You're sabotaging your own argument, MugoUrth.

But him aside, I could probably find Yakuza fans that just want to see the violence and more inappropriate-for-kids stuff. Does it make all Yakuza fans perverts? No, and the same applies to Sonic.
---
#16 Posted: 16:57:17 01/07/2016

>SEGA delays Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice by 10 months
>The 25th Anniversary Sonic game will actually be released in 2017, making it a three to four year gap between this and the last main series installment (Lost World)
>Outside of Rise of Lyric and Sonic Runners, all of the other big Sonic games we've gotten in the past few years have been good games
>"Sonic Team does not care about consistency and quality and they rush deadlines"

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:39 01/07/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#17 Posted: 18:10:53 01/07/2016
Quote: Bifrost
You're sabotaging your own argument, MugoUrth.

Not really. Just stating how Sonic haters always feel the need to force others to hate Sonic.
And before you mention any of my rants: Ranting =/= Forcing people to have the same opinion as me.

Plus, the above post is kind of right. Sonic isn't this "Always bad" franchise it's made out to be. It has its hits, it has its misses. That's kind of how it's always been with Sonic. Remember Knuckles Chaotix? The Chaotix team might have gotten popular, but the game generally wasn't.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#18 Posted: 02:39:35 03/07/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Yes, Yakuza is extremely popular in Japan, but not in the West (the series has been around for years, and it failed to capture a wide market since GTA exists).

Just like how Sonic is popular in the West, but not as much in Japan. Sonic actually gets a little less focus in Japan (all of the games still come out but sometimes they come later).

Besides, I don't see why either series has to go.

I also don't see why you're complaining about not getting a localisation fast enough. You're still getting one. Phantasy Star fans in the West can't even say that much. Or how about European Mega Drive fans, who still haven't gotten SEGA 3D Classics Collection?

This sentence has summoned me to this topic.

To be a Phantasy Star fan in the West is suffering. I don't blame Sonic for any of it, though. I blame Sega.
#19 Posted: 03:24:31 03/07/2016
^To be fair, the main reason they aren't localizing PSO2 is because there are way too many licensing hurdles (the game has loads of collaboration events with other IPs, both SEGA and non-SEGA), in combination with the sheer amount of text the game has.

SEGA of America have said they want to do it, but it's flat out unreasonable for them right now. They just went through a big re-structure. Such a big localisation project would be way too much for them right now.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#20 Posted: 05:40:30 03/07/2016
Even before PSO 2 there were problems. Like the 'the North American/European servers are behind by a million years on updates' that PSU and I believe PSO 1 were plagued with.

Not to mention PSP 2 was basically tossed out to die and last I checked vanished from the PlayStation Network store (unless it's suddenly back and I missed it? If it has returned, it was still missing for way too long). I can kinda understand them not localizing Infinity, but it's still disappointing all the same.

Be nice if they would've tried to localize Nova, but the Vita's busy being dead and all so I don't see that happening ever.

You do bring up a good point about all the collabs, though. But that may not be the only thing keeping PSO 2 from reaching the West.
#21 Posted: 13:22:50 03/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I still stand by what I say. The only way Sega will care about the rest of their IP is if Sonic's reputation keeps plummeting to the point of no longer being financially sensible.

Sega obsessed over Sonic yet treats it with no respect. They tricked Big Red Button into thinking of making Sonic Boom for PC, PS4 and Xbox One but screwed them over by making exclusive to Wii U, which is only as powerful PS3 and 360 and downgrading a Cry Engine 3 game onto a Wii U was a recipe for disaster.

Sega did this to end their contract with Nintendo with three Nintendo-exclusive Sonic games.

They could've not made that Sonic Boom game instead have more staff in the localization department. Was the low sales of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric worth more to Sega than giving Yakuza 5 a faster localization or producing a physical release in the West?

If Sega skips Yakuza Kiwami to give Yakuza 6 a western release, then I'll back but maybe I'll just tear Sega in general a butthole.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:26:28 03/07/2016 by StevemacQ
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#22 Posted: 13:49:51 03/07/2016
Sonic Fans: Hates SEGA because Sonic is crap.

StevemacQ: Hates Sonic because SEGA is crap.
#23 Posted: 14:48:00 03/07/2016
Quote: Pixilism

Yeah, and the haters are just as rabid when it comes to bashing Sonic. In fact, more so. I see people like you a LOT on forums, but I've yet to see these people who get up-in-arms when someone bashes Sonic 06. In fact, more often I see people ***** at others, saying stuff like "NO, THIS GAME SUCKS! YOU HAVE TO HATE THIS GAME LIKE I DO!!!" whenever anyone says anything nice about Sonic 06. I mean, I never played the game, so I don't have an opinion, but does your life really depend on ruining Sonic for everyone?

Honestly, I really don't care that much about Yakuza. It looks like a very modern game that doesn't really diversify itself from other modern games. Just saying. No point, just saying.

you complain about op not liking sonic and saying that nobody should like sonic (which wasn't what he was saying), and then you go on to complain about op liking a game that you haven't heard of, and just because you haven't heard of it, it doesn't deserve attention

lol you are actually dumb af

Don't insult me! I'm not being dumb, and I never said he was wrong to like a game people haven't heard of, nor did I say it didn't deserve attention. I was just saying my opinion on it. And, honestly, he WAS kind of. I see Sonic hate just about everywhere I go, and you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but people feel the need to ***** about it so much that, yeah, it DOES feel like they're trying to convert Sonic fans into haters.

Quote: QueenChrysalis
Sonic haters masquerading as Fans: Hates SEGA because they think Sonic is crap.

StevemacQ: Hates Sonic because he thinks SEGA is crap.

Fixed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:05:30 03/07/2016 by MugoUrth
#24 Posted: 15:14:38 03/07/2016
So you're just going disregard our point because it's your opinion and you want to keep it regardless of reason? Good to see your topic has no point than looking for self gratification then.' Cuz with that attitue you're not getting any from us.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me