Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Any Spyro fans still here or am I the last one?
Page 1 of 1
Any Spyro fans still here or am I the last one?
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#1 Posted: 16:26:46 29/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Sorry if I could feel rude but I feel like I m the last Spyro fans here,it's been a long time that I last seen any Non Skylanders fanfictions or fan art.If they re no longer a fandom here maybe I should turn my fanfic project into an original universe.I know I been rude lately,but I m just asking here is there still Spyro fans here?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 16:28:25 29/06/2016
I know there are a bunch that are both... like Aura.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 16:33:38 29/06/2016
Are you really asking this?

I'll always been a Spyro fan. The first game I played was AHT, and I bought ANB when it came out. I've recently played the original 'Spyro the Dragon' for the first time, and I'm looking forward to playing GTG and YOTD, too.

Yes, I play Skylanders, but I'm not one of those buy-everything-you-see kind of people. It's a distraction for me, while I wait for a new standalone Spyro game or some other 3D platformer.

The problem with the Spyro stuff, is that everything has already been said. Everyone has moved on. There's the occasional post, but you can only say "Oh wow Tree-Tops is impossible" so many times.

If it helps, I'd be interested in the fanfic - I was working on one myself.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:41 29/06/2016 by yelvy
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 16:34:22 29/06/2016
This is a repeat of the last topic you've made ages ago, topic title and OP message - //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=124994

You're talking about Spyro fans who like only classic and LoS. Just because some of us like Skylanders, doesn't mean we're not Spyro fans.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:48 29/06/2016 by Aura24
#5 Posted: 16:40:41 29/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I did not remember that topic at all but the only problem about that fic,well it's in french(quebec french more precisely) and also yes this is the major reason why I ve been so rude lately I feel alone and the only Skylanders related stuff I considered liking as Spyro related was Weirdlanders.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#6 Posted: 16:44:36 29/06/2016
Well, yeah. Spyro will always have a special place in my heart. Doesn't matter if it's Classic, Legend, or Skylanders Spyro.

He's kinda a big part of my childhood.

I'll always be a fan of Spyro himself.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:45:24 29/06/2016 by cowpowa23
#7 Posted: 18:31:13 29/06/2016
Quote: fyra
I did not remember that topic at all but the only problem about that fic,well it's in french(quebec french more precisely) and also yes this is the major reason why I ve been so rude lately I feel alone and the only Skylanders related stuff I considered liking as Spyro related was Weirdlanders.

You're not the only Spyro fan here. Heck, I'm still a Spyro fan even though I like Skylanders. There are many others here who are as well.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#8 Posted: 18:39:43 29/06/2016 | Topic Creator
You do not despise me?Also it reassure me to know I m not alone and...well I really need to translate my writing because in french not many will be able to read it and no it's not a cliche story I actively try to avoid every cliche and overused tropes here.Well...here it is...
http://fyralegend.deviantart.c...queen-589375450
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#9 Posted: 21:56:23 29/06/2016
I'm a huuuuge Spyro fan, especially Legend and Classic Spyro.

I like Skylanders, too. ^.^
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#10 Posted: 22:41:47 29/06/2016
Fyra please...

I'm not only a Skylanders Fan, i'm a Spyro Fan, mostly a Legend fan then Classic (Pls don't kill me Classic Part of the Fandom). But you are NOT the only Spyro Fan left. Some people outgrew the Spyro series or just move on. But there's still fans out there.

And people thought i was horrible.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#11 Posted: 01:56:05 30/06/2016
That's one of the reasons I got into Skylanders in the first place is because I was a long-time fan of the PS game. I also wasn't detered by the redesign like a lot of people were.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#12 Posted: 02:27:24 30/06/2016
You've got to stop this, fyra. Sheesh. <.<;

I enjoy some Spyro games and Skylanders is fun enough looking, but I'm not into the business model whatsoever. And since I feel like only choosing to use 1 (maybe 2) Skylanders would make it kind of boring (and frustrating as dying would mean having to start from a continue point since I don't want to "buy" extra lives) I choose not to purchase or play the games.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#13 Posted: 16:49:15 30/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah I will stop it but sigh I do miss the times where there were spyro fan arts,fan fictions and worry about the lack of non skylanders games,if atleast we had a spiritual successor...
---
#14 Posted: 16:56:53 30/06/2016
Yeah I will stop it but sigh I do miss the times where there were spyro fan arts,fan fictions and worry about the lack of non skylanders games,if atleast we had a spiritual successor...

Unfortunately, Spyro isn't as relevant as he once was, so unless a new game is released, you'll have to deal with Skylanders taking the limelight for right now. I sympathize greatly with you, but you have to understand that Skylanders is a thing. A really big thing! Spyro cannot top it's popularity at this current moment.
#15 Posted: 17:01:05 30/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah I do understand but I did not find anything similar to it or more precisely games where you can actually play a dragon except divinity 2,but also was Skylanders more of a spinoff originally so why dit it overshadowed the original franchise like what wow did to warcraft.
---
#16 Posted: 17:04:13 30/06/2016
...Because it got popular? Why else. It's the 12th largest gaming franchise of all time. People love playing the games and collecting Skylanders toys. Spyro is an old franchise, this is fresh and new! Plus, it introduced a type of gaming genre never before seen in the mass market.
#17 Posted: 17:12:55 30/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Physical dlcs....well personally I prefer extensions style dlc.Especially with the fact you want to unlock a zone buy a character,sigh it remind me of mobile gaming...I prefer buying a game and maybe another box for other contents than buying figures over and over,I miss the time where you bought a game and everything was neatly packaged inside,sometimes with an expansion added and then you had nothing to pay after,just enjoy it.
---
#18 Posted: 17:20:43 30/06/2016
Meh, I don't mind it because most of the characters look really cool and their toys are neat little display pieces, but to each their own... I'm a bit of a collector so I don't mind it but I can see why people don't care for it.
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#19 Posted: 17:30:00 30/06/2016
I'm still a really passionate fan of Spyro. I gave up on the series since Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure released, but then Crash Bandicoot (my favorite game franchise) came into Imaginators and I finally joined this forum after lurking for a good 9 years.

I still love Spyro, and I still keep in mind that Ted Price said the future of Insomniac is really unpredictable at the moment. I imagine they'll work with Activision one day in the future on a new stand alone Spyro game or HD remakes of the original 3 (if the Crash remakes do good).

If not, I do not mind if Vicarious Visions or some other dev does Spyro HD remakes either. But I would rather have them continue on the Crash franchise if the remakes are successful.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#20 Posted: 23:34:08 30/06/2016
hello i'm 16 and have spent an hour looking for some decent classic spyro fanfiction
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#21 Posted: 01:36:52 01/07/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Unfortunately, Spyro isn't as relevant as he once was, so unless a new game is released, you'll have to deal with Skylanders taking the limelight for right now. I sympathize greatly with you, but you have to understand that Skylanders is a thing. A really big thing! Spyro cannot top it's popularity at this current moment.

It can't be that big if it's popularity is severely dying down. Unless Imaginators strikes it big, I have a feeling it will be the last Skylanders game.
#22 Posted: 01:39:09 01/07/2016
Quote: MugoUrth

It can't be that big if it's popularity is severely dying down. Unless Imaginators strikes it big, I have a feeling it will be the last Skylanders game.

It's the 12th biggest gaming franchise ever... One bad game isn't the death of the franchise
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#23 Posted: 01:55:53 01/07/2016
As others have said - we still exist! Most of the ones hanging around this forum are also Skylanders fans though. There's other forums out there that have a community of fans of the older Spyros, although they aren't quite as active as here since there's not much to talk about.

I personally am a fan of all three Spyros at this point, with the hierarchy Classic>VVSkylanders>TLoS>TFBSkylanders. I'd love it if they made a new game for one of the older Spyros, but I'm not holding my breath, and it's a bit pointless to complain at this point. Just put in support for similar projects if possible (like the Crash remakes, if Activision sees money in bringing 90s platformers back...).

As far as fanart and fanfiction goes, they've mostly been consolidated in sites that are mainly about those like deviantart and fanfiction.net. They don't get enough attention in forums like here for it to be worth posting, I think. Not sure; I don't art, and haven't fanfic'd in a while.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
KrazyKariana Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#24 Posted: 03:10:08 02/07/2016
I'm a huge fan of the series, the reason why I am barely on this site is because it is mostly just Skylander talk here these days.
---
Visit KrazyKari.deviantart.com for Spyro fan art, and SpyroStuffbyKrazyKari.Tumblr.com
#25 Posted: 04:33:31 02/07/2016
Well, darkSpyro is mostly a Skylanders forum now since Spyro was included in the franchise since 2011.
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#26 Posted: 05:52:47 02/07/2016
Just because of Skylanders is mostly talked these doesn't mean the franchise is dead, just there's nothing special to talk about these days.
#27 Posted: 11:16:30 02/07/2016
Quote: MugoUrth

It's the 12th biggest gaming franchise ever... One bad game isn't the death of the franchise

It never really was bad games that killed Guitar Hero and Rock Band, it was over-saturation of those games that killed it. They kept coming out annually, people didn't want to keep buying them, and they eventually withered. Sure, they came back, but only the diehard fans really cared that much about both particularly weak efforts to bring them back.

Skylanders is heading for the same black hole that the guitar games found themselves in: Over saturation. Games are coming out too frequently, people stop spending money on them, the franchise withers. It's already happening.

But if those two franchises came back, could Skylanders? Maybe, but only the future will tell what happens.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:36:11 03/07/2016 by MugoUrth
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#28 Posted: 16:38:35 03/07/2016
There are loads of Spyro fans, even if some only know of his Skylanders appearance. Of course there are still a bunch of fans who still stick around the older games, myself included. I'm a big fan of the Classic/Legend series all the same, but I am still actively involved with all the Skylander stuff.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#29 Posted: 22:25:45 03/07/2016
I think the only interesting thing regarding the older Spyros is that Jared Pullen has joined the community. :I
But as everyone has said, there are still fans ... but because there has been no new Spyro game, or even remotely interesting new news regarding him, the community has just slowed down.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#30 Posted: 22:34:48 03/07/2016
Quote: Bolt
I think the only interesting thing regarding the older Spyros is that Jared Pullen has joined the community. :I
But as everyone has said, there are still fans ... but because there has been no new Spyro game, or even remotely interesting new news regarding him, the community has just slowed down.

He hasn't posted in months ._.' The comments section pretty much became a messy forum thread too, wouldn't be surprised that Jared noticed his fans aren't all loving and reasonable.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me