Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Skylander Confessions 2.0
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#201 Posted: 21:25:39 06/02/2017
admit it, you all forgot that Fist Bump exists.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#202 Posted: 21:26:37 06/02/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
admit it, you all forgot that Fist Bump exists.

I keep forgetting about Wildfire...
---
Bruh
#203 Posted: 21:28:25 06/02/2017
Thunderbolt seems like a yu-gi-oh reject
#204 Posted: 21:50:17 06/02/2017
I personally think that, as much as the Trap Team's cast was good, it was the least memorable out of the franchise. Maybe because it had so much characters and gave some focus on the Villains.
---
Bruh
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#205 Posted: 23:03:19 06/02/2017
I agree, the villains just overwhelmed the main skylanders, and now we forget that Fist Bump exists.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#206 Posted: 21:35:01 08/02/2017
Quote: TrapGiant
I agree, the villains just overwhelmed the main skylanders, and now we forget that Fist Bump exists.

At least Fist Bump was a shelf warmer! No one even cared about Fling Kong
#207 Posted: 22:21:57 08/02/2017
Fling Kong was so out of place that I don't always forget him. Just most of the time.

But I still forget him...
---
Bruh
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#208 Posted: 00:09:44 10/02/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Fist Bump is one of my favorites from Earth, Fling Kong is one of my favorites from Air. I think people also forget Tread Head and Lob-Star and they're also some of my favorites, plus I think Torch is pretty good.

And Zap (the Skylander, definitely not the user) is my favorite Water character in the first two games, I'm surprised more people didn't know I like him.

If you want a forgettable character that actually sucks and deserves to be forgotten, I think you're looking for Wildfire.

smilie

P.S. I don't understand the love Dive-Clops got. Honestly, I think he's just mediocre.

Zap is my favourite water Skylander of all. But you're still my enemy! >.<
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#209 Posted: 00:44:20 10/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I'd rather have a Skylanders movie instead of a TV show.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#210 Posted: 01:38:56 10/02/2017
Personally I'm glad that they decided to make a show instead because a movie would most likely be a one time thing and a lot of of game-based movies don't do very well due to past experiences people have with game movies turning out bad. I also feel like having multiple episodes gives them the chance to cover more things and pan it out whenever they want episodes to continue from the last. It would be interesting to see how they would go about the story in a single film though.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#211 Posted: 17:51:36 10/02/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: TrapGiant

At least Fist Bump was a shelf warmer! No one even cared about Fling Kong

Fling Kong was sold out EVERYWHERE down here.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#212 Posted: 01:32:36 13/02/2017
I actually hope Skylanders won't make another game for like 3 years, i don't want any more weak, rushed games.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#213 Posted: 03:47:15 13/02/2017
This is a big one-

I don't feel like skylanders ruined spyro.. i think it's the other way around.

Looking at the negative reception the games get, it's mostly linked in one way or another to Spyro. I feel like maybe he's a chain on the franchise. The quirky, lovable characters we appreciate but others sort into a crowd of "the ones from the bad games" could have been seen by more than those who played the games.

Example- I KNOW the internet loves their anthros. Characters such as tuff luck/freeze blade/mysitcat/stormblade/splat could've been cult favorites. But the addition of spyro caused most to turn their backs to a diverse cast of characters due to some kind of childhood entitlement.

Hot Dog could've been the doggo of 2012. TKC could've been picked up as a relatable character. If there were more people who saw skylanders as a franchise and not a spyro corpse, we might have more recognition for older characters (sunburn and fright rider, anyone?) that might have boosted sales. If there wasn't a Spyro in skylanders, we might have a 7th game this year.

I don't hate spyro. I have no problem with his games and series. I just feel like skylanders might have been better for everyone if he wasn't in it.

(phew. wanted to get that off my chest for a while now.)
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#214 Posted: 13:10:29 13/02/2017
I don't think the ''Skylanders ruined Spyro!'' thing is still widespread, i think people hate it more because of the stupidly high costs of these figures and their yearly rushed releases.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#215 Posted: 13:43:02 13/02/2017
Quote: Kevin16
I don't think the ''Skylanders ruined Spyro!'' thing is still widespread, i think people hate it more because of the stupidly high costs of these figures and their yearly rushed releases.

Oh you have NO idea, dude...

Also, Skylanders are always on sale why harp on the price thing so much?
Sethborsch Green Sparx Gems: 331
#216 Posted: 01:15:57 26/02/2017
I spent an hour today just placing my 280 characters, vehicles, and magic items on the portal just so my collection is up to date in Imaginators.

So far I'm unimpressed with the story and it's actually making me appreciate SC more. (I just finished the main SC story last week.

I like the m.a.p. feature

Racing seems better in this game for some reason.

Severe lack of creativity in this game that is supposed to be all about creativity. (Super ancient secrets of the secret super ancients or whatever. Also, does anyone have a count on how many times Kaos says "stupid". It's a stupid amount, I know that much.

P.s. I have a sudden need for more traps. Was lucky to get 8 I didn't have during the b1g3 free tru deal but I'm missing so many! Like this thread btw!
---
231 Skylanders; 22 Vehicles; 33 Traps; 34 Magic Items; $0 Monies
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#217 Posted: 01:52:27 05/03/2017
I never played a Spyro game. Am I missing out?

If there is no Sky 7, maybe I'll check them out. Where should I start?
---
Any last wishes?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#218 Posted: 02:06:39 05/03/2017
Quote: Wishblade
I never played a Spyro game. Am I missing out?

If there is no Sky 7, maybe I'll check them out. Where should I start?

Start with the first game, and go from there. Stop after A Hero's Tail though. Anything after that is dump.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#219 Posted: 02:39:59 05/03/2017
I'm feeling less enthusiastic about talking about the Skylanders games and stuff. Maybe because I'm just on the first one? I feel I need to get more characters and games in order to enjoy it more.
---
Bruh
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#220 Posted: 01:12:24 10/04/2017
I honestly like SuperChargers a lot more than Imaginators.

Imaginators is nearly everything I hated about Trap Team all over again - mostly forgettable levels (including both the story levels and Elemental Realms) that aren't much fun to replay, extremely confusing releases and figures being way too hard to find, and terrible character balance (for the old Skylanders).

Imaginators may have more game content, but I thought SuperChargers was a more enjoyable experience since it was actually possible to get what I wanted for it, and there were huge sales basically everywhere which made it really easy for me to want more. Imaginators has been a mostly annoying experience, just like Trap Team was.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#221 Posted: 03:54:46 10/04/2017
I kind of regret cutting my collection in half...

Edit: So much so in fact that I'm going to try and recollect everything again. Seems I just get rid of that collectors itch. I have a lot to recover, and I've even made a list of things to not get and things I might give up on getting. (Such as the Yawn Traps, E3 Hot Streak, or HeartBreaker Buckshot).

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a way to still get a 3D Printed Sir Hoodington figure? And if so, where I should look for him? (It's the only 3DS figure I'm really worried about, and I even put him on my list of things to possibly give up on.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:52:53 10/04/2017 by SoulfulWolf
#222 Posted: 03:59:43 15/04/2017
I, for some reason, can do a near perfect Wolfgang impression. Which is ironic, since he's my least favorite doom raider.

(psst)
(if you want some saucy wolfgang audio, hit me up)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#223 Posted: 11:37:52 15/04/2017
I, for some reason, can do a near perfect Wolfgang impression. Which is ironic, since he's my least favorite doom raider.

(psst)
(if you want some saucy wolfgang audio, hit me up)

Post the impression on here and I'll check it out
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#224 Posted: 18:53:43 15/04/2017
since you all asked

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1rcbBc3khiG

audio quality's a bit bad, this was recorded with my computer mic lmao
#225 Posted: 19:09:02 15/04/2017
I really like almost all characters from a gameplay/design perspective, but God damn are some names pretty bad. I mean, some are clever puns or sound good, but I want to ironically applause whoever had brilliant ideas such as Ka-Boom.

Ka-Boom

Ka-****ing-Boom
---
Bruh
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#226 Posted: 20:42:45 15/04/2017 | Topic Creator
since you all asked

woah. that's good
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#227 Posted: 20:57:07 15/04/2017
Quote: Crash10
I really like almost all characters from a gameplay/design perspective, but God damn are some names pretty bad. I mean, some are clever puns or sound good, but I want to ironically applause whoever had brilliant ideas such as Ka-Boom.

Ka-Boom

Ka-****ing-Boom

But Ka-Boom is amazing! As well as Wallop, Splat, and Jawbreaker (named after an already existing enemy).
I like these characters but the names aren't good.
---
Soon.
#228 Posted: 02:32:06 16/04/2017
Quote: Crash10

Ka-Boom

Ka-****ing-Boom

kaboom is daddy
#229 Posted: 03:38:09 16/04/2017
Quote: Drawdler
since you all asked

It's a bit slow and deep-sounding but that's way better than I expected. Shame the audio equipment isn't that good lol.

yeah, i'll obviously need better audio stuff before the real ****posts begin lmao
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#230 Posted: 23:00:05 21/04/2017
I didn't enjoy TWI. It's probably the reason I didn't play nightmare mode for a while. Y'know, cause 100% and all that.
---
Soon.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me