Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylander Confessions 2.0
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#151 Posted: 19:59:34 11/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I didn't really care for Starcast at first, but now he's one of my favorite Senseis.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#152 Posted: 17:16:07 19/10/2016
I'm the only one who finds Spyro's Adventure waaaaay too easy?
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:42 19/10/2016 by Crash10
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#153 Posted: 02:01:36 20/10/2016
Mysticat totally looks like Alex Hirsch
#154 Posted: 02:07:02 20/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris

...Wait...

...Now I can never unsee that...
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#155 Posted: 16:35:55 22/10/2016
The final story level in Imaginators is the worst one in the series.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#156 Posted: 16:41:43 22/10/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
The final story level in Imaginators is the worst one in the series.

Ridepocalypse Demo Derby still exists tho

Ah ah, but it's not a FINAL level tho, ah.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#157 Posted: 18:24:15 22/10/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Ridepocalypse Demo Derby still exists tho

Ah ah, but it's not a FINAL level tho, ah.

Ah ah, but it sounded like you were talking about ALL levels tho, ah.
(It totally is but honestly TT and SF were the only final levels I would replay)

Yeah no, Sky Eater is worse.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#158 Posted: 18:31:00 22/10/2016
I never really liked Wolfgang
#159 Posted: 00:03:33 23/10/2016
I legitimately like Astroblast.
---
#160 Posted: 03:54:03 24/10/2016
I wish TfB would be like VV and make entirely new puzzles more than just recoloring lock puzzles and giving them slightly different obstacles and calling it "new". All the TfB game lock puzzles play very similarly and have gotten pretty stale IMO
---
Spitbot Red Sparx Gems: 44
#161 Posted: 23:19:34 24/10/2016
  • I skipped Swap Force due to money and a bit of franchise fatigue, after playing SSA and Giants so much.
  • And I regret it.

• I think Superchargers is by far the worst in the series, but I don't have any sea or air vehicles, so there's some personal bias behind that statement for sure, as I couldn't experience the whole game.

• I still think the first two are the best.
  • Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
    #162 Posted: 23:53:06 24/10/2016
    Imaginators is the least I've ever enjoyed a story in the series. Story means a lot to me, as I want it to be memorable and to inspire me. I wasn't expecting it to be something huge and epic, just decent and enjoyable. I personally wanted to see something on the level of the TT story, because I liked that a lot. And since it was TFB's turn, I had those expectations. Unfortunately it failed to meet those standards after beating the game. The plot and characters were just meh to me, and I found myself falling in love with the SC story in the process. I still think that Imaginators is the best out of the two because of gameplay, but SC had the better story.
    ---
    Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:40 24/10/2016 by Spyro Lover122
    #163 Posted: 00:28:30 25/10/2016
    Quote: Spyro Lover122
    Imaginators is the least I've ever enjoyed a story in the series. Story means a lot to me, as I want it to be memorable and to inspire me. I wasn't expecting it to be something huge and epic, just decent and enjoyable. I personally wanted to see something on the level of the TT story, because I liked that a lot. And since it was TFB's turn, I had those expectations. Unfortunately it failed to meet those standards after beating the game. The plot and characters were just meh to me, and I found myself falling in love with the SC story in the process. I still think that Imaginators is the best out of the two because of gameplay, but SC had the better story.

p r e a c h b r o t h a
    r
    e
    a
    c
    h
    b
    r
    o
    t
    h
    a
    ---
    #164 Posted: 19:14:26 25/10/2016
    I think that, if Activision was not the Skylanders publisher, I feel that some games (mainly Imaginators) would have been pretty close to perfect.
    ---
    Bruh
    Beedle2000 Green Sparx Gems: 442
    #165 Posted: 06:10:17 26/10/2016
    Wilikin Village back in Giants really freaked me out when I first played it. I know it's kinda meant to be spooky, but, I mean, it's Skylanders. These games usually don't try to be downright creepy. The fight with Chompy Mage at the end softened it up a bit, but the fact the Chompy Mage is there just raises more questions. Also, what is up with that one house with the ghost Wilikin? That's too much.
    Maenta Green Sparx Gems: 150
    #166 Posted: 23:34:29 26/10/2016
    I have only just gotten around to buying and playing Swap Force.

I know it's gimmecky but I actually marvel over the technology that is the Skylanders series.

I'm 24 and come home from my day job to play Skylanders and relax.

I have over 100 Skylanders. Dear god I am running out of space someone send help (or storage units)!

Tech is my least favourite element.
    ---
    Newest: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
    #167 Posted: 23:38:48 26/10/2016
    Quote: Maenta
    I have only just gotten around to buying and playing Swap Force.

I still only have Spyro's Adventure...
    ---
    Bruh
    #168 Posted: 21:01:02 01/11/2016
    Swap Force has my least favorite lineup on the design perspective, but there's still some pretty good characters for me (like Grim Creeper, Magna Charger and Smolderdash). SuperChargers ends up doing better for me because it has some of my favorites of the franchise as a whole (Spitfire, Nightfall, Fiesta and Hammer Slam Bowser, for example).

But SuperChargers has my least favorite character as a whole (design-wise), and that one is Thrillipede.
    ---
    Bruh
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:03:00 01/11/2016 by Crash10
    #169 Posted: 00:15:13 03/11/2016
    [User Posted Image]

i spent a good 10 minutes on this
    mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
    #170 Posted: 00:26:42 03/11/2016
    [User Posted Image]

The population number of things in my nightmares just went up by 2
    ---
    Dead
    Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
    #171 Posted: 01:47:22 03/11/2016
    Even though "Flare Wolf" is the official spelling, I prefer "Flarewolf", without the space.
    ---
    Strength, courage, and evil
    #172 Posted: 20:35:09 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Spellslamzer75
    Even though "Flare Wolf" is the official spelling, I prefer "Flarewolf", without the space.

Yeah, so do I.
    ---
    Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
    #173 Posted: 21:54:10 03/11/2016
    I do too, mostly because I thought the official was supposed to be written together. Then when I saw it with the space it just didn't feel right. So yeah, I really do prefer it over the actual one too.
    ---
    AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
    #174 Posted: 21:57:40 03/11/2016
    I like playing as older characters in Imaginators despite the weaker power gap and hit stun. It feels more rewarding to play through a level with then than it does a Sensei or Imaginator for me.
    ---
    Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
    Check this out! Please?
    #175 Posted: 22:07:04 03/11/2016
    I don't mind playing as the older Skylanders, as long as I still have a chance of winning. I'm always running straight into battle, so all of my old ones get battered within a matter of seconds. The only thing that bothers me is how long it takes to destroy enemies, as some of my favorites characters changed a lot because of it.
    ---
    wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
    #176 Posted: 07:58:46 04/11/2016
    Swap Force is my super mega ultra bae of amazingness.
    1. Swap Force
    2. Spyro's Adventure
    3. SuperChargers
    4. Imaginators
    5. Giants
    6. Trap Team

I don't like the power gap in Imaginators, but I don't think it is as worse as it was in Trap Team.
    I never really care about the story in any Skylanders game.
    I only have 30+ Hours on Imagaintors. smilie
    ---
    Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
    #177 Posted: 09:58:12 04/11/2016
    I try not to be overly pessimistic about Skylanders in a forum where we should discuss it and have fun, but man, every time the new CoD comes out with the next ****fest of bad practices I can only think "that's where Skylanders is going in the next 5 years". And I hate it. Someone buy this IP already and give it a model that doesn't kill the franchise from the inside, please.
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
    #178 Posted: 19:10:17 12/11/2016
    Quote: Bifrost
    I try not to be overly pessimistic about Skylanders in a forum where we should discuss it and have fun, but man, every time the new CoD comes out with the next ****fest of bad practices I can only think "that's where Skylanders is going in the next 5 years". And I hate it. Someone buy this IP already and give it a model that doesn't kill the franchise from the inside, please.

And for god's sake stop being ridiculous and add in online PVP or any kind of PVP.
    #179 Posted: 01:41:47 13/11/2016
    For some reason I just saw now that Nightfall has actual hands instead of just hooks.
    ---
    Bruh
    TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
    #180 Posted: 17:17:40 21/11/2016

*Gravity Falls theme plays*
    The bus passes the academy
    Aurora and Mysticat get off the speedy sheep bus
    Eon shows them Skylanders Academy
    Aurora and Mysticat walk through the academy
    giant arkeyan footprint
    trees (with wolfgang replacing the bigfoot)
    H U G O weathervane
    Mysticat
    Aurora
    Eon
    cadets walking through the cafe
    book of skylanders
    Aurora and Mysticat start floating
    pictures of skylanders
    SKYLANDERS ACADEMY
    flashes picture of kaos

BEST THEME EVER
    0/10 wouldnt watch again-IGN
    ---
    "Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
    Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
    #181 Posted: 23:35:58 26/11/2016
    Quote: mega spyro
    [User Posted Image]

The population number of things in my nightmares just went up by 2

Why isn't his name Trump Smash?
    ---
    smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
    #182 Posted: 19:16:43 29/11/2016
    I actually got bored of Imaginators fast. The story wasn't good compared to the other games and it made the game feel empty. The gameplay was alright, but I disliked quite a few of the levels. Plus, the creation aspect isn't really infinite, so you can get tired of creating similar characters. (But that doesn't apply to everyone of course.)

There actually isn't that much replayability at all. You can get stars, parts and goals, but once you get everything (Not counting the parts that Creation Crystals unlock) it just seems kind of boring. You can do the arenas too, but they feel repetitive. I don't know why, but I felt this way with SuperChargers too.
    ---
    omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
    #183 Posted: 19:35:35 29/11/2016
    i dont have any of the games, all the info i got is from the wikia and playthrughs, but i still love it despit the fact i never even touched a box and now becuse of the recent news i may never even have the chunce to touch one.
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
    #184 Posted: 21:17:47 29/11/2016
    Quote: omer1698
    i dont have any of the games, all the info i got is from the wikia and playthrughs, but i still love it despit the fact i never even touched a box and now becuse of the recent news i may never even have the chunce to touch one.

Infinity is cancelled, but their starters and figures are on shelves. Chances are, skylanders will be the same. Just if thats not the case, pick up the games while you can! You can get SA for $20 or under, brand new, Giants is very cheap as well, one day I literally saw it for 58 cents. Prime shipping. SF is a bit more expensive, going for about $15 whilst Trap Team goes for $30-$40 and SC goes for $20. Imaginators is still retail price. These are all amazon btw.
    ---
    "Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
    Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
    #185 Posted: 22:21:33 29/11/2016
    Quote: omer1698

Ebay's your friend, man. I haven't had releases in my country for 3 years now, but I save up a bit to order abroad and that's how I've been trucking along. Heck, if it gets cancelled, that's your chance, because everyone will want to sell their collections while it's easy and the prices will plummet.
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    #186 Posted: 22:26:49 29/11/2016
    I hope this helps me buying the games.
    ---
    Bruh
    #187 Posted: 00:18:26 02/12/2016
    Sorry for double posting, but...

I actually like the fact that Light and Dark always gets less characters. Makes them feel more special. Also, the concept of these Elements are much more "abstract" than the others, making character design and move set a bit harder.
    ---
    Bruh
    GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
    #188 Posted: 01:58:28 02/12/2016
    Quote: Crash10
    Sorry for double posting, but...

I actually like the fact that Light and Dark always gets less characters. Makes them feel more special. Also, the concept of these Elements are much more "abstract" than the others, making character design and move set a bit harder.

Yeah I can tell that these elements are very hard to come up with good characters for. Most likely cases from making characters too fitting to other elements to simply making a design too dark or violent in a kids game is my guess on what may have been problems the designers encountered making guys for these elements. Also interesting both elements got at least two females each with smilie and smilie for dark while light have smilie and smilie.
    ---
    Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
    Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
    Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
    #189 Posted: 03:02:23 09/12/2016
    I don't care if this is the last game. I kind of hope it is so I can give my wallet a break.
    ---
    Any last wishes?
    soxbears2001 Green Sparx Gems: 334
    #190 Posted: 13:20:43 15/12/2016
    I originally bought SSA because I was starting a family about a year after it was released. I had every character in the packaging from all 5 games since SSA. So one day recently, I came home and my 2 year old had gotten to the Skylanders and opened almost all of my trap team characters, just packaging every where in my theater room. I could not have been more angry at the time. So at that point I thought well might as well open them all. So I called my 2 and 4 year old upstairs brought out all the Skylanders and opened them all together and had a blast. Even a crystal Thunderbolt. Man, I felt liberated and do not regret it one bit!!
    First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
    1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me