Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
SDCC news topic. (READ FIRST)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 19:57:48 27/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So as we know, skylanders usually shows up at SDCC- and this year should be no exception. So let's compile all news from the event here.

Zap why are you fit to run the topic

This year, instead of just going to offsite events- i'll be going to the SAN DIEGO COMIC CON itself come sunday, july 24th. the con itself starts on the 21st of july- so i'm a bit late to the party. But starting on the 22nd i'll head to offsite events so i can get the scoop ASAP.

feel free to -

give me questions to ask people
have me take photos
do stuff in the creator
ask about villains
ect.

i'll update the OP and the second post as news develops.
#2 Posted: 19:57:59 27/06/2016 | Topic Creator
RESERVED.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 20:03:31 27/06/2016
Mesmeralda, we need to know.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#4 Posted: 20:08:54 27/06/2016
Just do lots of stuff in the creator and ask about the other villains, and I'm good.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#5 Posted: 20:14:15 27/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Deja Vu
Mesmeralda, we need to know.

okay

Quote: Chompy-King257
Just do lots of stuff in the creator and ask about the other villains, and I'm good.

okay

i'm gonna try and make one of two character designs i've come up with. (arrowdread or cat-fish) if they have dark/water crystals, that is. if not i'll just make Bacon Blitz (fire OC) and we'll be good
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#6 Posted: 20:21:24 27/06/2016
Questions

Can you give any more hints on some villains?
Do older characters unlock special parts?

And also, can you search through the locked customization parts to find anymore names? We found Wild Storm and Mysticat. It's only a matter of time before we find more.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:48 27/06/2016 by Luminous35
CakeMc Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#7 Posted: 20:46:40 27/06/2016
Try to bring a magic item, and see what it does
---
Kaos - The Master Of All Battle Classes
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#8 Posted: 20:47:28 27/06/2016
Ask about Luminous
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#9 Posted: 20:50:19 27/06/2016
YES. PLEASE ASK ABOUT LUMINOUS.
---
#10 Posted: 20:52:11 27/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Luminous35
Questions

Can you give any more hints on some villains?
Do older characters unlock special parts?

And also, can you search through the locked customization parts to find anymore names? We found Wild Storm and Mysticat. It's only a matter of time before we find more.

i'll do that

Quote: CakeMc

i'll do that- and bring an older character that we've seen parts similar to (torch in this case)

Quote: Bionichute
Ask about Luminous

YES. PLEASE ASK ABOUT LUMINOUS.

you know it
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#11 Posted: 20:52:42 27/06/2016

Specifically, bring Sparx, and see what he does :3
#12 Posted: 20:54:33 27/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: yelvy

i actually have him so yes
CakeMc Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#13 Posted: 21:03:14 27/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

Hoping and praying that they are fully functional like in trap team, and not just legendary treasures like superchargers
---
Kaos - The Master Of All Battle Classes
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14 Posted: 21:04:53 27/06/2016
Is Imaginators gonna be at SDCC?
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#15 Posted: 21:14:45 27/06/2016

Hoping and praying that they are fully functional like in trap team, and not just legendary treasures like superchargers

Yeah, I'd like that too. Thanks for all your help Zap smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#16 Posted: 21:26:15 27/06/2016
Quote: henryszuch
Does Crash count as the second Life Sensei, or is he apart of the 31?

Poor wording, "2nd Life Sensei" and "part of the 31 characters" are not mutually exclusive.

Better to ask:
"How many Life Senseis are there, including Crash and the Villain?"
And "How many Villains are there in total?"

The Villain question is another we keep getting mixed answers to, so that's a way of getting the total count while checking if Crash is part of the 31.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:18 27/06/2016 by Nightmoon
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#17 Posted: 21:54:46 27/06/2016
I'm going to Comic Con too, and I'm going all four days. I can help too. I have every Skylander ever released.

I'm not sure if they'll allow you to use your own toys in the demo (if there is one of course). I was there in '14 and '15 and took my own Skylanders. For Trap Team, I used my own toys on it and made several discoveries. (I even found out about Minis being playable before it was publicly announced.) For Superchargers however, they programmed the demo to lock out any toys that weren't the toys they had on display. There might be a possibility that you won't be able to use your own toys on the Imaginations demo at SDCC, but it's worth a shot.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#18 Posted: 22:29:03 27/06/2016
If toys are allowed, take at least one with a hat. We already know they work,but we need to see if they'll import to the new file or there's really no Skylander hat collection for the existing guys.

Oh yeah, and check menus if it's not going to get you in any trouble. Wouldn't leave the level since it'd cause them issues, but checking portal master rank and stuff shouldn't be an issue.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#19 Posted: 22:39:33 27/06/2016
As I said on the E3 topic similar to this, ask them if it's possible to switch out Imaginators in a Creation Crystal without having to reset the whole thing, like if there's something for storing them in the main hub.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#20 Posted: 22:59:12 27/06/2016
If possible, try to put a Trap Master on the Portal, to see if their weapons look like they did in Trap Team and also see if they are still the size they were in SuperChargers.
It would be extremely appreciated if you could also compare the Senseis's figures to the other big ones like Giants and Swappers.

I would also be personally thankful if you could ask which features are final and which aren't, such as the Portal, the Magic Moment and the figures themselves.

Maybe also ask about multiple Creation Crystals molds if it isn't too much.
Oh and don't forget to check, or ask, if certain parts are Battle Class' exclusives such as Swashbuckler tails!

Thanks a lot and enjoy the event! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:32 27/06/2016 by Drek95
#21 Posted: 23:07:16 27/06/2016
Ooh! Another thing, can you try Nightfall? I want to see if her damage got an increase. Plus, I want to see what she looks like in the game. smilie

Quote: Bifrost
If toys are allowed, take at least one with a hat. We already know they work,but we need to see if they'll import to the new file or there's really no Skylander hat collection for the existing guys.

Oh yeah, and check menus if it's not going to get you in any trouble. Wouldn't leave the level since it'd cause them issues, but checking portal master rank and stuff shouldn't be an issue.

As far as I'm concerned, hats aren't in the game anymore because there was no hats menu when Golden Queen's menu was opened up. I think they are only for the Imaginators.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:01 27/06/2016 by Luminous35
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#22 Posted: 23:32:42 27/06/2016
Will DREAMCATCHER be in?
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#23 Posted: 23:34:01 27/06/2016
I think it might be funny if some of the questions asked here end up becoming irrelevant by the time SDCC starts.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#24 Posted: 23:44:48 27/06/2016

As far as I'm concerned, hats aren't in the game anymore because there was no hats menu when Golden Queen's menu was opened up. I think they are only for the Imaginators.

Lou said old Skylanders can use hats, but that Imaginators use headgear. The wording was too odd, we'll need to see that for ourselves.
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#25 Posted: 23:47:35 27/06/2016
@ZapNorris

give me questions to ask people:

1. Ask if will we have different molds for the same Element Creation Crystal? (e.g., will we have more than one type of Fire Creation Crystal like we had with Traps).
2. Ask if we will get the missing Eon's Elite 2 Fire and Air Elements.

do stuff in the creator:
1. Record yourself scrolling slow-ish through all the Locked parts in the Creator (e.g., locked heads, ears, horns, arms, legs, bodies, tails, gears, etc, so that we can get a good look at what the locked parts are.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#26 Posted: 23:55:26 27/06/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
@ZapNorris

1. Ask if will we have different molds for the same Element Creation Crystal? (e.g., will we have more than one type of Fire Creation Crystal like we had with Traps).

do stuff in the creator:
1. Record yourself scrolling slow-ish through all the Locked parts in the Creator (e.g., locked heads, ears, horns, arms, legs, bodies, tails, gears, etc, so that we can get a good look at what the locked parts are.

We can also find more Character names!
---
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#27 Posted: 00:53:43 28/06/2016
I'd actually like to see a screenshot of Cat-Fish...well, provided you have the means to actually make her, of course. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#28 Posted: 01:15:04 28/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamerZack7
I'd actually like to see a screenshot of Cat-Fish...well, provided you have the means to actually make her, of course. smilie

okay, i'll try
blastermindROB Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#29 Posted: 01:22:31 28/06/2016
Can Other Skylander (besides Senseis and Villians) , do you think they would unlock parts,phrases and others when making a Skylander
---
"Kaigan: Grimm! (Door creaking open) Kokoro no door! Hiraku dōwa! (Suspenseful music; pages flapping)"
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#30 Posted: 02:03:37 28/06/2016
Quote: GamerZack7

okay, i'll try

Awesome. Thanks! smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:55 28/06/2016 by GamerZack7
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#31 Posted: 03:48:25 28/06/2016
like everyone else, I'd like to know about how the magic items will work and how they'll handle the Creation Crystals ( meaning, will it be 1 per element or will they repeat their mistake with the traps? )...but could you also ask if we'll see the return of adventure packs in some form?

I wish I could go to SDCC....if I could go, I'd ask them what they think about my free to play game idea ( which I still say would be a smart thing to do to keep Skylanders going...and give those of us with 5 going on 6 years worth of toys real functionality for all types within the game ). LEGO Dimensions just updates and poof you'll be able to use the year 2 minifigs and vehicles without another $70-100 starter pack, but Skylanders will require another starter pack purchase....and if Imaginators ends up having the same issues with finding the toys as the last 2 games it will really hurt the franchise.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#32 Posted: 04:33:57 28/06/2016
Can you test out whether or not superchargers still get a boost when their vehicles are placed on the portal with them?
---
Boop me if you see this.
Notsomegoonie42 Green Sparx Gems: 481
#33 Posted: 05:08:29 28/06/2016
Can you ask about how adventure packs will work or try it yourself pls
---
Heeeeey Yoooouuuu Guuuuuyyys!!! Hahaha - Sloth!
LittlePunk Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#34 Posted: 05:37:05 28/06/2016
Plzzz ask about the chompy mage!
---
smilie This fire is outta control!
smilie Let there be rock!!!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#35 Posted: 12:34:00 28/06/2016
Only thing I want is for you to go through all locked parts for names it would be possible to get the names for the entire roster that way unless the parts are already unlocked also if they reveal any characters can you post gameplay details!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#36 Posted: 12:42:46 28/06/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
@ZapNorris

do stuff in the creator:

We can also find more Character names!

Yes we could with this. smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#37 Posted: 21:02:12 30/06/2016
Ok, since the discussion in GD reminded me of this again.

We need to know how "Swashbuckler Tails" are going to work. Are they usable by any character, or just that class? Though again, don't risk your playtime on the demo, only if you know you can create a Swashbuckler without getting into trouble. We know people got away with Sentinels and Bazookers at E3,but who knows.
---
#38 Posted: 21:07:07 30/06/2016
The tails unlocked from "Swashbuckler Tails" have not been seen in the regular tails section :/

But don't go by what I say. They could be changed, and I really hope they do.
---
#39 Posted: 21:13:20 30/06/2016
They could simply be way down in the Legs section, we don't really know. Though I know I'm getting my hopes far too up.
---
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#40 Posted: 05:39:49 01/07/2016
I am sure I have seen Flynn parts in the creator menu, so could you try to see if you can make him somehow?

Would be cool if that was our way of making him playable.
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
Frizy Green Sparx Gems: 161
#41 Posted: 10:18:01 01/07/2016
Will Pepper Jack and Dreamcatcher be in Imaginators?
#42 Posted: 10:23:39 01/07/2016
Quote: Frizy

Zap isn't there to interview them.
---
#43 Posted: 13:38:52 01/07/2016
Quote: Frizy

Question: What class will Dream Catcher Be . SHE IS A FLOATING HEAD
---
"Kaigan: Grimm! (Door creaking open) Kokoro no door! Hiraku dōwa! (Suspenseful music; pages flapping)"
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#44 Posted: 14:04:02 01/07/2016
She can fling sheep and control things with her mind, so it's not much of a stretch to imagine her throwing other projectiles, like Ninja Class weapons.

For the figure, they could put the weapon on top of dream vortexes, like her sheep projectiles in Trap Team, while she is connected to the base via her hair, like Nightfall.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#45 Posted: 14:21:08 01/07/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
She can fling sheep and control things with her mind, so it's not much of a stretch to imagine her throwing other projectiles, like Ninja Class weapons.

For the figure, they could put the weapon on top of dream vortexes, like her sheep projectiles in Trap Team, while she is connected to the base via her hair, like Nightfall.

The size and shape of Senseis' bases would make that pose absolutely possible; her head could even be connected directly to the vortexes without touching the base itself not even with the hair.

I just hope they won't give her short and stubby legs and arms, to better fit the Class.
That would be ridiculous. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#46 Posted: 14:34:42 01/07/2016
Can we make Gremlin like Imaginators?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#47 Posted: 14:36:52 01/07/2016
Quote: Kevin16

If you mean with body shapes like Trigger Happy's and Pop Fizz's, yes, apparently.
But we still don't know if this feature will be exclusive to Quicksots and Ninjas or if it be available for all Classes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:08 01/07/2016 by Drek95
#48 Posted: 18:29:18 01/07/2016
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Kevin16

If you mean with body shapes like Trigger Happy's and Pop Fizz's, yes, apparently.
But we still don't know if this feature will be exclusive to Quicksots and Ninjas or if it be available for all Classes.

Well if you watch carefully
They look like midgets
---
#49 Posted: 18:49:23 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
i's now july- keep an eye out for announcements!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me