Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Don't like to get variant Skylanders? [CLOSED]
ShadowThePika Red Sparx Gems: 57
#1 Posted: 23:26:19 20/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Anyone else like this? I don't like getting the dark/legendary variants of skylanders, because;

A) I like to compare all my Skylanders and see which one is best, and having ones with better stats (especially from a starter pack) would make it hard to judge
B ) I usually like seeing the characters in their natural appearance. I'll make some exceptions (Winter fest Lob Star and Jolly Bumble blast because I think the colors work better), bit usually I like to see them the way they are intended. that doesn't mean if I get the chance, I wouldn't also pick up a variant as an extra, or get a special one (like Halloween eye brawl who is the same in game)
C) I like too display my figures together, and if I have a variant and not a normal version, it almost feels like I don't actually have it (in my personal opinion)

If anyone else has an odd mentality like this feel free to share
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:27:52 20/06/2016 by ShadowThePika
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#2 Posted: 23:47:17 20/06/2016
Everything you put there describes my life as a skylander collector. People always go "Oh, how come you don't get the dark starter pack! It comes with an extra guy and are only available in that pack." And I say that I like the normal ones better.
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 00:39:20 21/06/2016
same here, i try not to get the variants unless there is no other option, so far only ones i have are nitro magna charger and the glow in the dark rattle shake and i got both cause i was unable to find the normal version at a good price at the time. o i got a chase thunderblot too but i dont count him
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4 Posted: 01:37:10 21/06/2016
Yeah I feel! The only variant I have is Nitro Freeze Blade and while I could get the regular one now I just don't want to spend my money on a character I already own. I also have Power Punch Pet Vac but he's my little sister's (no surprise she lost it) so he doesn't really count
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#5 Posted: 04:58:12 21/06/2016
I also prefer the standard versions of Skylanders, in much the same way that I'm not really interested in shiny Pokémon. Currently the only variants I'd like in my collection are original smilie (because he plays differently in the 3DS versions than regular smilie ), five variant SuperChargers (L. Hurricane smilie , Eggcited smilie , smilie , Missile-Tow smilie and Quad-B smilie ), Dark Hot Streak, and possibly smilie , Dark Clown Cruiser, Dark smilie and Dark smilie . Aside from those 7-11 exceptions, I'd rather have the standard versions of each character I choose to have in my collection.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:59:25 21/06/2016 by GamerZack7
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5756
#6 Posted: 07:04:12 21/06/2016
Since cutting down my collection. Agree'd. I also had the habit of wanting to keep the S1 version of the character specifically, even if I thought the Repose/Lightcore had a better looking figure. [I hand almost 5 complete collections, 3 of them actually being complete. Sold most of it, and now have 4 complete non-variant collection, soon to be five as soon as Thrillipede gets shipped.]

The only mistake I think I could of made was keeping the Hammer mold of the Earth trap rather than my preferred Orb mold (Only keeping 1 trap of each element, maybe should of kept 2 of the original 8).

*Exception when it came to Minis and Repose Superchargers, those were kept too.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#7 Posted: 13:21:49 21/06/2016
Exactly the same.

Sometimes I splurge and get some variants and reposes to test them out , but I always sell them again.

But I'll keep the Original coloured , series 1 figures of each character forever smilie

Only exception are the mini versions of tree Rex, ninjinx, eye brawl and thump back coz giants will probably never be reposed and their size made them almost new to me.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:27:15 21/06/2016 by B-BOB358
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#8 Posted: 16:15:31 21/06/2016
Yeah, I have Molten Hot Dog and the dark edition of SF, but now I'd rather sell both and get the normal versions of each character.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#9 Posted: 18:18:40 21/06/2016
I also prefer keeping it so the originals. I've had to do some workarounds due to certain packing decisions, but all in all, I have all non-Mini and non-Guest Skylanders and Vehicles in the original figure, plus the original Dark Spyro (he has different gameplay on 3DS, and because Dark Spyro!), the SuperCharged Revamps (another pass for different gameplay), Barkley (as the perfect Mini representative, and because STT 3DS), and Bowser w/Clown Cruiser (because Bowser, and SSCR Wii).

Also a second Hex S1, because my first died. Might custom-paint one of them. And a few misc. recolors/S2 included with ebay bundles, but I keep them separate from everything else, and outside of my games (except Zap S2 as a guest when my sister joins in).

As for Traps, I wanted all but one of the shapes (upside-down is 2creepy/uncanny4me), but no more than 1 color of each shape, and with a ratio of half as many traps as villains, resulting in 3 Tech/Life/Water (6/2=3), 1 Kaos (1/2=0.5~1), and 2 of the rest (Magic: 3/2=1.5~2, Other: 4/2=2).
[User Posted Image]
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:31 21/06/2016 by Nightmoon
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 17:32:30 23/06/2016
i have never been big fan of the black variants, i like much more the normal colorful versions.. darkspyro from ssa made sense but thats pretty much it..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#11 Posted: 21:20:39 23/06/2016
I now have every figure, trap, magic item, etc but one ! How did I not notice. Where can I find regular Krypt King ? I have Nitro and forgot to purchase the regular one ! Damn it !
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me