Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Least Creative Skylander Name?
Page 1 of 1
Least Creative Skylander Name?
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#1 Posted: 22:35:29 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Who do you think has the dumbest/least creative name in Skylanders? I personally think Bat Spin takes the prize here.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 22:37:11 17/06/2016
Bat Spin was fanmade, I don't think they count, though the judges definately needed an earful for choosing that.

Ignitor for sure. Eruptor at least is a monster-sounding name, that one has nothing to do with knight and explosions are a specific path upgrade.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3 Posted: 23:58:11 17/06/2016
Tbfh as much as I love him

Zap.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#4 Posted: 00:12:15 18/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Bat Spin was fanmade, I don't think they count, though the judges definately needed an earful for choosing that.

Ignitor for sure. Eruptor at least is a monster-sounding name, that one has nothing to do with knight and explosions are a specific path upgrade.

True. Compared to the other two chosen fan-made names, it seems really...bad.

I also think Scorp is rather literal.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#5 Posted: 01:37:48 18/06/2016
Stormblade
Torch
Crusher
Stealth Elf
Eruptor
Flameslinger
Hex
Dune Bug
Scorp
Slobber Tooth
#6 Posted: 01:41:52 18/06/2016
I wouldn't go as far as list every single word name, they ARE creative half the time. Some like Hex actually fit very well, since it's a double meaning on how she casts curses and is cursed herself, or how Crusher mostly only has crushing rocks in mind because he's not exactly smart.
---
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#7 Posted: 04:59:08 18/06/2016
Every single one besides Spyro, Cynder, Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Crash Bandicoot.

They all appear to me as uninteresting. There is not one name I like or find clever besides the characters from existing franchises within the Skylanders universe. That's not to say I dislike any of the characters, I've had fun with many of the Skylanders (the Swap Force is very cool to me) it's just Toys for Bob/Vicarious Visions could get lazy with the names.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#8 Posted: 08:41:29 18/06/2016
Bash?
#9 Posted: 11:11:00 18/06/2016
I think it's just an amalgation of nutcase(crazy) and crank but that one is weird on its own - the whole wood robot thing doesn't really tie well with it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:11:35 18/06/2016 by Bifrost
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#10 Posted: 11:36:00 18/06/2016
I think a crankcase is also some sort of part of a car or something? I'm not sure, and I'm probably wrong, so...
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:33:54 21/06/2016 by mega spyro
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#11 Posted: 17:59:29 19/06/2016
Quote: Drawdler

• Wham-Shell: I just feel like I've been missing a pun with this one for four years.
  • Spy Rise: Like Wham-Shell, this name just makes me feel like I'm missing a pun.
  • Hood Sickle: I feel like I'm missing a pun, again, but this one is too blunt for me. Not as bad as some others because "Sickle" is just a badass word, but still bad.

• Clam Shell: The shell a clam has.
    High Rise: another name for a Skyscraper.
    ...Sorry, I don't get Hood Sickle's name, either.

I just realized the name "Sprocket" seems very uncreative. I mean, why is her name Sprocket? Cause it's supposed to sound like "Rocket?" She doesn't even use rockets. It just seems like a very random name for her.
    #12 Posted: 18:53:15 19/06/2016
    Yeah,but Wham-Shell is a crab. If he had clam powers it'd make sense,but as of now it doesn't.

A sprocket is a type of cog/wheel. It's also used on vehicles,which is what she uses in later upgrades.

Hood Sickle I swear someone knew the reason but I've long forgotten about it. Maybe Bagging Hook, which is a big sickle? That would make his name Sickle Sickle.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:07 19/06/2016 by Bifrost
    MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
    #13 Posted: 12:33:56 21/06/2016
    Quote: Bifrost
    Yeah,but Wham-Shell is a crab. If he had clam powers it'd make sense,but as of now it doesn't.

So? He may not be a clam, but he still Whams stuff, *wink wink*.
    AquillaTMighty Red Sparx Gems: 30
    #14 Posted: 21:41:58 25/06/2016
    Slam Bam.
    PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
    #15 Posted: 13:32:26 26/06/2016
    Bat Spin wins
    ---
    Quote: Carmelita Fox
    YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
    yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
    #16 Posted: 15:13:31 26/06/2016
    I think I just got "Slobber Trap". Slobber Trap. Like bear trap.
    ... Would still be really bad since he's nothing like a bear and it's really a stretch.

I've always thought this character was messy. Too similar to Gulper's design, and I dislike how the word 'trap' has been integrated into the name.
    #17 Posted: 15:14:37 26/06/2016
    Slobber Trapper would've sounded a dozen times better, rolls off the tongue too.
    ---
    Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
    #18 Posted: 04:15:05 07/09/2016
    Iunno about least creative (besides Chop Chop, how has nobody mentioned him?), but imo the worst are:

• Whirlwind: Sure, she uses weather-based attacks, but none of her moves actually involve tornadoes or wind. Stormee, while it was cheesy, was a cooler name. To be fair, this is far from the worst because it makes sense as a birth name, but it's always bothered me to no end.
    • Sunburn: He's my favorite character, but I'm sorry, this is just a boring name. It feels like they just looked for a Fire-related name and picked one. And I can't think of any, but with such a cool concept behind him, I have the feeling Sunburn could have had a much better name.
    • Wham-Shell: I just feel like I've been missing a pun with this one for four years.
    • Boom Jet: What's a noise bombs make? Boom. What's this mabu dood riding on? Jet. Do those two words go together for something catchy or some good pun? Whocaresthat'sthenamewe'regoingwith.
    • Fire Kraken: Would actually be a fantastic name for a firecracker-weilding kraken, but alas, 'tis a firecracker-weilding dragon.
    • Dune Bug: I don't mind Scratch or Scorp because at least those sound like monster names, regardless of how blunt they are, but Dune Bug is just literally what Dune Bug is and doesn't sound cool or catchy.
    • Spy Rise: Like Wham-Shell, this name just makes me feel like I'm missing a pun.
    • Breeze: To be fair, with Whirlwind this was probably the best option (unless they named her Stormee, which would have been an AWESOME throwback), but her name has the same problems.
    • Tuff Luck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moK7nE_UCqU
    • Bat Spin: I know this wasn't the developers' fault, but... I shouldn't really have to go over this. At least it does relate to her ability of spinning around bats, but ugh...
    • Hood Sickle: I feel like I'm missing a pun, again, but this one is too blunt for me. Not as bad as some others because "Sickle" is just a badass word, but still bad.
    • Terrabite: Maybe this doesn't deserve to be on the list, but it's just always bothered me so much how this sounds like "terabyte" when that has nothing to do with him, plus it doesn't bring to mind his abilities like Terrafin's name. In fact, neither of them have any bite attack at all, unless you want to count the mini-sharks?
    • Slobber Trap: Disgustingly similar to Slobber Tooth (which wasn't even a very good name, but at least sounds animalistic), don't see any pun, not catchy or cool.
    • Thumpling: Just a lazy variant of Thumpback's name that doesn't sound good.
    • Spotlight: I know her name is meant to oppose Blackout's, but his just sounds a lot more badass and he literally warps out of reality with black holes, so... I guess you could say her tertiary creates spots of light on the ground but that seems like a stretch...
    • Spitfire: Come ooonnn you could have at least gone for Speedfire. :T But seriously, unless you want to say he spits out tornadoes of fire, his abilities have nothing to do with spitting out fire and he's even a melee rather than ranged character!
    • Splat: Absolutely lazy and if her society is meant to be uptight then I don't see how "Splat" could be her birth name. Maybe it's just the name she always wanted and she gave it to herself or something, which would actually be sweet, but that's theorymongering and not canon.
    • Tri-Tip: A triceratops with a weapon that has a sharp tip. Welp.
    • Ember: Could work as a birth name but terrible hero name, especially when they could have just gone with Flamurai, as obvious as that name would be.

Also, I thought about adding Lightning Rod to the list, until I realised his secondary move is literally a huge rod of lightning. smilie

I JUST got that "Prism Break" is also meant to be a pun relating to his backstory, you know, about waking up after hundreds of years.

Considered adding Luminous to the list too- but I wouldn't be surprised if he chose that name himself and that would be kinda egotistical and fit perfectly. Plus, even though it would be lazy to keep it as his villain name, I can see that being his birth name given that his species are entities literally made of light. And again, it fits his egotism anyway.

Thought about adding Blaster-Tron too, but then I realised that name is meant to be tongue-in-cheek like Broccoli Guy, since the character acts tongue-in-cheek (though doesn't pull it off as well as Broccoli Guy, Broccoli Guy ruuuuuuulesssss!).

Giants and most TT names were on-point.

P.S. What's the pun/reference behind "Dr. Krankcase"? I feel like it's something I should have gotten right away, but I really don't know.

You do realize that Spitfire is named after a plane?
    ---
    Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
    faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
    #19 Posted: 05:17:50 12/09/2016
    love her lots but stealth elf. does not get much less creative. very discriptive in painfully literal sense.
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me