Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Will there be a 20th anniversary Spyro game?
Page 1 of 1
Will there be a 20th anniversary Spyro game?
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#1 Posted: 18:30:11 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Do you guys think that Spyro is going to get a remastered game on his 20th anniversary or a new game . I think that it would be cool if they made a new Spyro game with 10 charcters from skylanders as npc to celebrate his 20th birthday .
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:13 15/06/2016 by TTD
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 18:31:04 15/06/2016
We don't know how Acti is going to handle the anniversary.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:33 15/06/2016 by Aura24
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 18:34:13 15/06/2016
You got me excited then :3

Anyway, if they make any kind of new Spyro game I would hope they pay homage to the classics and avoid Skylanders/TLOS altogether. A reboot would be risky, and who knows how it's gonna be if Acti are still making Skylanders games.

Maybe they'll do something like the Crash edition, and include a new Spyro figure while integrating some original Spyro characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:36:25 15/06/2016 by yelvy
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4 Posted: 20:18:18 15/06/2016
Hmm, yeah, I was wondering about this myself. It's only a few years away too, so who knows! Hopefully Acti will be nice and consider doing it (hopefully even considering it now!), but yeah, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

But in terms of what they should do, I think I pretty much agree with yelvy! I'd love to see a return of the original games, or at least just try and recapture the atmosphere of them.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#5 Posted: 14:49:48 02/03/2017
In my case it would be a game that revisit both sides of the franchise so a mix of platforming,beat em all and maybe a bit of hack and slash gameplay to reflect the evolution of the franchise,first few levels would be classic based and then became legend like until becoming a mix of both and...what could be interesting is characters from classic/legend appearing as guest or playable and a special version of Spyro and Cynder with their classic and legend design.This could work to please both sides of this eavily broken fandom.Sure I would love a new game but a generation like Spyro game could clearly work out just fine.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:06:49 06/04/2017 by fyra
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#6 Posted: 15:18:26 02/03/2017
As I was replaying DotD recently I realized that it would've made a much better open world RPG than... whatever it ended up being. It'd be neat if that was expanded upon and made into something big and neat. smilie
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#7 Posted: 13:47:42 04/03/2017
If the Crash Bandicoot N. Sanity Trilogy is successful, then yeah.

It's gonna be like all those indie horror games and Bravely Default that prove to companies that people still want survival horror and traditional JRPGs, Crash, Yooka-Laylee, those two Sonic games and Super Mario Odyssey prove that there's still a place for platformers. Remember how the Rare Replay Collection was Rare's most financially successful game since Banjo-Kazooie?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#8 Posted: 02:36:01 06/04/2017
i was going to put an explanation, but I decided to go for a tl;dr instead:

yes

the only way I'd get it is through a very highly-paid promotion deal, though; enough to give me another chance in this college career I'm failing.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#9 Posted: 16:52:02 09/06/2017
Well if they want to get the good profits they will need to finish the remake by fall 2018.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me