Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Do you think Crash will be included in the Skylanders merchandising line?
Page 1 of 1
Do you think Crash will be included in the Skylanders merchandising line? [CLOSED]
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#1 Posted: 05:28:47 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I am a long-time Crash Bandicoot fan, and I have all the games plus a large collection of merchandise. Do you guys believe they will incorporate Crash into the current Skylanders merchandise (Pajamas, Mega Bloks, McDonald's Happy Meal toys etc.)? Or do you think they only will do Crash merch outside of the Skylanders brand to promote the remakes?
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#2 Posted: 11:05:31 15/06/2016
This is a little unrelated, but do you happen to have all of the ReSaurus Crash action figures? I am soon going to try to get all of them from Evilbay. If so, can I bother you to confirm wether there are 12 or 13 of them? I have 1 from 1998 which is missing pieces (I was 10 and played with him all the time). I also have the Crash stunt cycle playset that amazingly has all the pieces! Thanks for your help!
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:12:43 15/06/2016 by DobermanOwner
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 22:41:56 15/06/2016
hard to say. i have a gut feeling that crash might be a permanent character in skylands now and if thats the case i dont see why not have merchandise with him on it. if he is not a permanent character then i hope this is a fore-shadowing of a new crash game and with that im sure you will see new merchandise. if he gets a new game im thinking there will be more collector types of things like posters from iam8bit and stuff like that. ether way i would say 90% chance of new crash stuff to buy.
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#4 Posted: 20:27:58 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
It seems like because unlike DK & Bowser, Crash is part of Acti's library which gives them the right to do whatever they want with Crash in the game. There's chance he'll end up on a few pieces of memorabilia, which I wouldn't mind considering this design of Crash is the classic design.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 14:31:34 19/06/2016
It depends heavily on what sort of deal was worked out with Sony. With Nintendo, it appears that DK and Bowser were able to appear in marketing (since they were in the starter packs) and the comics series (Although i think that was just a single special issue).

If we take for instance that Crash's rights are being shared with Sony for the remaster it may be that they can use him in marketing (which they kind of are already) but maybe not in merchandise. Although if Activision still has full control of Crash, you're right and they could do basically anything they'd want with him.

I'd have to take a guess and say it seems unlikely he'd appear outside of promotional art for the Crash Edition game though.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me