Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Thrillipede? [CLOSED]
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#1 Posted: 23:35:29 09/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Has anyone seen Thrillipede since it came out last month? I checked Toys R Us and even their page has removed Thrillipede completely and I can't find any information about him showing up at any other retailer. Does anyone have any information about this or where to maybe locate him?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 23:37:48 09/06/2016
i fear he has left us..
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#3 Posted: 23:41:47 09/06/2016
I would just order the dang thing on the TRU website - that is, if it was there. It's not on Amazon, either. I'm calling my Toys R Us everyday. If he's not out by July, I'm ordering from online.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#4 Posted: 00:09:44 10/06/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Regular Thrillipede is available for RRP on Amazon UK, they will ship internationally, and they will get restock

HIGHLY recommend getting him from there ASAP if you're thinking about it, before they stop getting restocks

I'll consider that. Internationally, you say? Good. I'll think about it.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
SlickP Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#5 Posted: 02:35:11 10/06/2016
Damn, $31 from Amazon uk......
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#6 Posted: 11:26:13 10/06/2016
Yeah, it was HIGHLY recommended people go ahead and get him back when he was available. I'm sorry if you were waiting for a store stocking or another store to get him, but Superchargers had some significant sales issues and I doubt many stores are jumping at the chance to get in more Skylanders they will have to put on clearance. It is never advisable to wait on late cycle figures, and he was up for a pretty long time online.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#7 Posted: 13:03:26 10/06/2016
My brother claims that when he was at Fred Meyer, and asked whether or not they have Thrillipede, the clerk added that they should be getting him soon. I think I'd better call to see...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#8 Posted: 15:50:11 10/06/2016
I'm really not trying to sound callous, but this happens every year. People see late wave figures come out, then decide "I'll get them later at such and such store or on sale" then cannot find them. I do have sympathy for kids that cannot pick them up whenever, because I get not having parents that will run out or order as soon as they pop up. But typically those are not the collectors.

When you find wave 4 or 5 figures, you need to get them right away. Thrillipede and Buzzwing popped up when you could get 20% off your purchase (better than B1G1 40% off mathematically), and if you collect packaged, you could always have customer service replace them if they arrived damaged or exchange them in store if/when they did come in.

If you sat back and waited and assumed you had all the time in the world, it was a mistake. The same mistake people made when they waited on Scratch, Fling Kong, Flip Wreck, Blackout, Spotlight, Echo, etc.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#9 Posted: 16:52:10 10/06/2016
I got Scratch, Blackout, Spotlight & Echo all in store by having good timing, but I ordered Thrillipede instead of waiting. It just seemed like it was taking too long already to wait longer. Not that this helps anyone much now, but sometimes you just have to go with your gut.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#10 Posted: 19:55:51 11/06/2016
Ehe, if I had more than double the CDN price for Thrillipede when I see him, I'll get him and leave him unopened, the same as PB Splat.

His rarity is going to be like Enigma's. I can tell...
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#11 Posted: 05:28:06 12/06/2016
Yeah, we have another Enigma on our hands, which means I probably won't get him unless I want to pay 3x (or more) the retail price... I still don't have Enigma either, the last Trap Team w setill need.
agkoolaid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1006
#12 Posted: 05:47:06 12/06/2016
The difference, defpally, is that he hasn't shown up at a physical store yet. At least none i have seen. Yeah, he came up online, but like others, i went to TRU on the day of release and saw none. Plenty of Buzzwings though.

I believe he will show up. Its just taking a little longer than usual.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#13 Posted: 08:32:01 12/06/2016
I've got them both - Thrillipede and Buzz Wing - in the last week from amazon.es (+ 4 or 5 € for Shipping). One retailer here in Germany should have them, but what I've read in a very small number of pieces.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#14 Posted: 10:21:15 12/06/2016
You should probably order him online while you can. He wasn't sent to Australia and the stores don't think they're getting him, which is a decent sign the stocks pretty limited world wide when it's a standard figure.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#15 Posted: 12:41:07 12/06/2016
The only reason I haven't bought Thrillipede or the Buzz Wing is because I wanted to buy them outside of TRU; I hate their inflated prices, and would rather buy them at Gamestop or Amazon. The Buzz Wing is popping up on Amazon now with increased prices, and hopefully Thrillipede soon follows.
---
KiDFass65 Gold Sparx Gems: 2922
#16 Posted: 13:22:41 12/06/2016
Part of the fun of the game is the hunting for the actual toy - for me. It is enjoyable until distribution rules are unfairly changed in the "sport" of it. I have come to terms basically with the Traps mess. But Thrillipede is a main character addition. I get it that this is part of the collecting and, believe me, I get the final 25% will be more difficult to locate. This time however "they" are going to loose customers and are definitely loosing their trust. I'm hopeful (maybe foolishly so) the distribution issue will be seriously looked at and improvements made accordingly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:23:55 12/06/2016 by KiDFass65
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#17 Posted: 13:48:56 12/06/2016
I bet the reason is he has no painted pupils and you all called him satan of skylanders. Just maybe they are painting his eyes so it looks right. Oh well atleast I ordered 4 buzz wings and 4 thrillipedes from Amazon.UK so I got mine coming in a few days. Good luck all.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#18 Posted: 14:35:59 12/06/2016
Quote: zookinator
The only reason I haven't bought Thrillipede or the Buzz Wing is because I wanted to buy them outside of TRU; I hate their inflated prices, and would rather buy them at Gamestop or Amazon. The Buzz Wing is popping up on Amazon now with increased prices, and hopefully Thrillipede soon follows.

Even though they have inflated prices, they have sales all the time. I get better deals at Toys R Us than anywhere else. In fact, I got Thrillipede and Buzz Wing through the pre-order for BOGO 50% off. A way better deal than you could get anywhere else.
#19 Posted: 19:12:58 12/06/2016
True, but they weren't around for the latest sale, and any sale before that, either one of them weren't available. My point here is that even if there are fantastic sales, they aren't necessarily there for it. I only have one TRU in my state (Idaho), so I'm low on options.
---
#20 Posted: 23:03:13 12/06/2016
Quote: agkoolaid
The difference, defpally, is that he hasn't shown up at a physical store yet. At least none i have seen. Yeah, he came up online, but like others, i went to TRU on the day of release and saw none. Plenty of Buzzwings though.

I believe he will show up. Its just taking a little longer than usual.

Yeah, I know - it was a risk to wait. I feel really bad for those that missed out, I know I prefer to get them in store as well. But with these things in later waves, coupled with stores already having tried to clearance them out (and still doing so), people warned of it being a huge risk to wait. His "release date" was just a guess, back by some information people put together that wasn't really intended to be public.

I'd say he will eventually be findable, but if that is online (Amazon/etc.), it would be a good idea to hop on it quickly. Enigma did eventually surface in more numbers in later summer, but for a while there we were wondering. Maybe at least he will pop up on Imaginators release when Skylanders ramp up in excitement again.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#21 Posted: 03:53:27 15/06/2016
Re-stock??? The problem here is that none of the stores I've checked (more like bothered daily) have even gotten an initial release. Whattheheck!?!?!?
---
Any last wishes?
#22 Posted: 09:48:06 15/06/2016
True, but they weren't around for the latest sale, and any sale before that, either one of them weren't available. My point here is that even if there are fantastic sales, they aren't necessarily there for it. I only have one TRU in my state (Idaho), so I'm low on options.

If you pre-ordered, they were included on the sale. Since it was online, you didn't have to go into the store. I didn't think pre-orders were included in timed sales, but buzz wing and thrillipeded were and so were battlecast cards. Maybe they have changed that.
#23 Posted: 09:49:17 15/06/2016

Also, if you order online from Toys R Us, you don't have to worry about having a physical store.
#24 Posted: 13:34:28 15/06/2016
One other thing I forgot to mention: money. I didn't have enough money then when they were available (I know the Buzz Wing was available at some point, but not sure about Thrillipede for me), so how could I have bought them. I have a limited allowance that happened to go for the Land Racing Action Pack as both Thrillipede and the Buzz Wing weren't available when I had enough money.
---
#25 Posted: 15:55:58 15/06/2016
One other thing I forgot to mention: money. I didn't have enough money then when they were available (I know the Buzz Wing was available at some point, but not sure about Thrillipede for me), so how could I have bought them. I have a limited allowance that happened to go for the Land Racing Action Pack as both Thrillipede and the Buzz Wing weren't available when I had enough money.

I mentioned that in my earlier response as to having sympathy for that. But the question there is, are you a "get them all" collector if your allowance funds are limited? Easter Thrillipede is available fairly commonly if you want to play as him. Not ideal, I know but he is an option. Buzz Wing fortunately was a bit easier to obtain, and actually did show up at stores. I'm crossing my fingers that Thrillipede and Buzz Wing become more available as the Summer wears on for folks like you though. Maybe as Imaginators interest ramps up stores will be more interesting in stocking Skylanders, the figures are in the warehouses - these things are made months ahead of time. Retailers just need to feel they can sell them to stock them, and right now they aren't feeling the Skylanders love (or any TTL).
Roger_swe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#26 Posted: 21:13:43 15/06/2016
Finally Buzz Wing and Thrillipede is released in Sweden (EU?)
---
SSA:37/37, SG:62/62, SSF:75/75, STT:56/56, SSC:66/66, Sidekick,Mini:24/24
AP:8/8, BP:4/4, EP:2/2, RP:4/4, Trophy:4/4, Trap:63/66, Item:33/33, Elite:14/14
#27 Posted: 13:22:00 16/06/2016
I am only interested in collecting all of the unique Skylanders for each year, nothing more. If nothing else, I don't care if I get the sticker for Thrillipede, so later on I can order him off of Gamestop used. You an order practically any non-chase character there except for Wallop and a few others. I hold no doubt that he and the Buzz Wing will show up. And no, I will not get Eggcited Thrillipede, he scares me.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me