Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Sonic the Hedgehog Topic (25th Anniversary Edition)
First | Previous | Page 12 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
All-Purpose Sonic the Hedgehog Topic (25th Anniversary Edition)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#551 Posted: 03:36:29 18/01/2018
Slight bump to say that a (more complete) Sonic Mania soundtrack is now on iTunes/Google Play/etc. for those who want something similar to the vinyl in terms of quality. I say "more complete" because Sega doesn't want to shell out even more royalties to Dreams Come True, so Green Hill and Chemical Plant are absent. Everything else is there though, including the recycled zones that didn't make it onto the vinyl.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#552 Posted: 05:35:08 18/01/2018
Quote: HIR
Slight bump to say that a (more complete) Sonic Mania soundtrack is now on iTunes/Google Play/etc. for those who want something similar to the vinyl in terms of quality. I say "more complete" because Sega doesn't want to shell out even more royalties to Dreams Come True, so Green Hill and Chemical Plant are absent. Everything else is there though, including the recycled zones that didn't make it onto the vinyl.

Everything else except Oil Ocean, for similar reasons.
---
Bruh
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#553 Posted: 09:13:08 25/01/2018
**** been a long ass time since I've been here. So idk if you guys are interested in the comics buuut, I have some news.

Archie comics officially lost the rights to make Sonic comics now. Because Ken Penders' buddy who made the fearsome foursome (Predator hawk, Flying Frog, Lighting Lynx, and Sargent Simian) filed a lawsuit of copyright infringement/something like that and Sega decided it was not worth it considering how Ken Penders' lawsuit went.

Although, IDW comics took up the rights with Sega instead and the people that were originally working for the last leg of the Archie comics are now working under IDW. So those comics are coming very soon this year actually. It's a complete reboot involving the game stories with their own spin. You know the deal. But they teased a character that was revealed today as Tangle the Lemur. She's gonna be helping Sonic and the team out with her hand tail.

Also interesting to note from Sonic Forces' concept art that Infinite was originally gonna have a hand tail and other interesting ideas that really make me upset that they stuck with something pretty generic in a sense. Here lemme post them concept art.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Honestly I am very upset that they did not use concept 3 as the final product. Maybe because the mummy and mask is really unique to me because that's never seen in a Sonic game and would've been a lot cooler imo.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx [online] Gems: 10000
#554 Posted: 11:08:57 25/01/2018
The mummy concept definately feels better. The final design isn't bad but it's just too fluffy in comparison.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#555 Posted: 15:55:14 25/01/2018
It's hilarious how they basically just transplanted the entire Archie Sonic team over to IDW. We've got Ian Flynn writing, but confirmation that Tracy Yardley!, Jen Hernandez, Evan Stanley, Tyson Hesse, Jamal Peppers, and Adam Bryce Thomas are all back doing art, and Matt Herms is looking to be the colorist again (met him at Too Many Games 2018, great guy). All that's really changed is the editorial team. XD

Also, one of the covers showed the Sonic Forces Egg Pawns and the solicits mention Amy trying to convince Sonic to rejoin the Resistance. So, looks like it's buh-bye Freedom Frighters. But could this mean Infinite might actually make it into the comics? I'd love to see that, personally.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#556 Posted: 21:04:16 25/01/2018
Quote: Bifrost
The mummy concept definately feels better. The final design isn't bad but it's just too fluffy in comparison.

Yeah. For me it's just so, basic outside the mask. Like he'd be the type of Sonic character I would make on my free time.

Quote: HIR
It's hilarious how they basically just transplanted the entire Archie Sonic team over to IDW. We've got Ian Flynn writing, but confirmation that Tracy Yardley!, Jen Hernandez, Evan Stanley, Tyson Hesse, Jamal Peppers, and Adam Bryce Thomas are all back doing art, and Matt Herms is looking to be the colorist again (met him at Too Many Games 2018, great guy). All that's really changed is the editorial team. XD

Also, one of the covers showed the Sonic Forces Egg Pawns and the solicits mention Amy trying to convince Sonic to rejoin the Resistance. So, looks like it's buh-bye Freedom Frighters. But could this mean Infinite might actually make it into the comics? I'd love to see that, personally.

Well they basically lost their jobs since the Archie deplug and IDW just took em up so. Glad they still have a job, they do good work.

Considering that it's with the same people that have brought back Breezy from a old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon and have used video game villains outside of eggman or planned to do so before the deplug (RIP Zeti/Lost World arc) that is a very high possibility.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#557 Posted: 22:25:04 25/01/2018
Also worth noting the Sonic Twitter announced that the Super Sonic DLC for Forces will become permanently free.
---
Bruh
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#558 Posted: 23:50:23 12/02/2018
Bit surprised nobody's mentioned this yet, but there's a new board game called Sonic Battle Racers on Kickstarter right now. It's got 18 days left, but its' fully funded now. Now bring on those stretch goals!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#559 Posted: 16:42:41 25/04/2018 | Topic Creator
It's T H E B O Y S.

You know, T H O S E D U D E S.

---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#560 Posted: 21:07:38 25/04/2018
who's the lemur??
#561 Posted: 21:36:32 25/04/2018
Quote: ZapNorris
who's the lemur??

King Julian, obviously.

It's actually Tangle, a new character for the comics.
---
Bruh
First | Previous | Page 12 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me