Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
E3 2016 topic
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#101 Posted: 22:54:13 15/06/2016
*walks into topic* I.... oh... uhh....

[User Posted Image]
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#102 Posted: 23:00:48 15/06/2016
^Alternatively...

[User Posted Image]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#103 Posted: 23:05:55 15/06/2016
You guys way overreact to any semblance of a discussion.

Seriously.

It's like we have to be frolicking in the woods together with make-up and pretty dresses for things to be considered civil.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:12 15/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#104 Posted: 23:12:46 15/06/2016
im sorry i just look for any excuse to post that gif i am a sinner
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#105 Posted: 23:21:07 15/06/2016
e3 was not good, now everyone's happy
everyone calm down >; (
---
BREATHE AIR.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#106 Posted: 23:26:48 15/06/2016
At least we can all agree that Paper Mario Color Splash is the worst thing known to man!
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#107 Posted: 23:34:45 15/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
At least we can all agree that Paper Mario Color Splash is the worst thing known to man!

I was literally just about to post about how Color Splash looks to be everything I want from a Paper Mario game. It's gorgeous, hilarious, and even has Paper Koopalings! <3
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#108 Posted: 23:42:03 15/06/2016
Quote: FireMeowth
Quote: TheToyNerd

I was literally just about to post about how Color Splash looks to be everything I want from a Paper Mario game. It's gorgeous, hilarious, and even has Paper Koopalings! <3

I dunno. I REALLY didn't like Sticker Star and this seems that this game seems like Sticker Star 2.0!
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#109 Posted: 23:42:22 15/06/2016
Just Dance 2017 is the best game of E3 2016.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#110 Posted: 00:31:31 16/06/2016
Okay so since I had a part talking about this in the Zelda topic I might as well put my two cents in from both this topic and the Zelda one.

Quote:
Also towns and Rupees have been confirmed for the full game. So it will be more populated. Though the world is supposed to be in ruin, so populace will likely be spread out a bit.

Quote:
I honestly think that both you and Pancake didn't watch enough of the Breath of The Wild stream because your complaints were all easily countered and dismissed by SB.

I'll admit I didn't watch the entire stream, but I did do my best to watch the vast majority of it.

I mean the physics engine is pretty cool, and I'm glad there's at least some world interaction confirmed(such as towns) besides, you know, the world itself, but as I said previously, Breath of the Wild doesn't interest me because it looks like a really basic open world game right now, with only a few key features making it stand out, like the Shiekah Slate. When I play an open world game, I expect there to be a world that's full of life from all perspectives. Even if we can't directly interact with everything, To me, there are a lot of elements that make an open world feel alive and fun. Breath of the Wild, to me, only has one factor of that from what we saw, and that is the world itself.

I mean yeah, of course the world itself is ambitious. That can't be argued. This is without a doubt going to be one of the biggest games ever in terms of its scope, let alone Zelda's biggest adventure. But imo there are a lot of factors right now that make an open world vibrant, and Breath of the Wild is missing a lot of those. Where's the NPCs? Where are towns? Where are shops? Where are side quests we could possibly do other than just the shrines?

And yes, those are going to be in the game and those are going to be shown off in the future, but that's my point: Why wasn't all of this shown off in the first place? They don't have to show us the whole world obviously. They should save some of the really good stuff for later. But they could've at least given us a truckload of information on the game they've been developing for the past three years and it could've paid off. Instead, they confined it to this small area of the game that, in my opinion, is very empty and boring, to be honest.

And that's ultimately my biggest problem with Breath of the Wild. Why are we being held back information? There's no reason for it. That means the game either isn't complete yet and is going to miss its target window AGAIN, or it is almost finished and this is all we got.

Once again, I'll bring up the example of Fallout 4 from last year. From Bethesda's show last year, we learned from Fallout 4 the following things:
-How the game started and how its first few hours would develop
-how to use the character customization
-an entire crafting system to build your own settlement
-the game's dialogue system, how it worked, and the player character getting a voice
-the dog can be given commands, and can't die
-The Pip Boy had some UI tweaks and can be used to play minigames
-every single item has a use, and weapons are extremely customizable
-power armor modification
-every single core element from Fallout 3, New Vegas, and some hints of Skyrim were all accounted for, and a lot of it was shown off to confirm it, such as the VATS system
-the game was coming out in less than six months from its announcement. And everything said above and much more was all shown off to people to get at least a taste of everything Fallout 4 had to offer.

I could go on and on, but point is, Bethesda had been working on Fallout 4 since 2011, immediately after Skyrim. and when they were ready to show the game, we got an EXTREME amount of information about the game and what to expect from a project years and years in the making(and, to note, they showed all of this off in less time than Nintendo did in their stream for the day). Fallout 4 at this point might as well be considered the reason why people generally agreed that Bethesda "won" E3 last year.

In Zelda's case, all we got actually shown off was:
-a massive open world, which we already knew about
-you can chop down trees
-you can forage and cook food
-the Sheikah Slate
-the Shrines
-a brief plot synopsis(which is understandable at least)

And things that weren't shown off but were only confirmed were:
-NPCs and towns
-shops
-just about every other core Zelda element was confirmed, but we didn't get to see how it would play out in an open world.

This is a really small amount of information to directly show off for what is supposed to be the biggest and most ambitious Zelda title yet. After three years of waiting, we should've gotten to see a vast majority of a game we've been clamoring for, especially one with a scope this big. But it ended up being like 8 hours of the Treehouse staff screwing around in this small space and talking about how big and pretty it is. Why not spend the 8 hours showing the audience more than just this? Instead of spending 8 hours prolonging each individual element in this world and showing it off, give us bursts of elements and parts of the game that have had three years of development as well, because Nintendo basically said that they've had effort in all its areas and not just this one small place.

And yes, that 8-10 hour stream didn't help much for me. I don't care what game is being shown off, I am not going to keep attention for that long for ANY game, especially after how excruciating the treehouse staff was. This E3 could've announced a new Bioshock game, a franchise that I personally believe is the perfect game franchise, and could've made it disinteresting to me if they showed it off for longer than an hour and a half.

Now as I said, I'm not trying to kill anyone's hype for this game. I'm glad people are excited for this. I don't think I said this in the Zelda topic, but I don't think the game looks terrible by any means. There are still things I like about what I've seen so far, such as the Slate, I really like the idea of seeing this huge open world in a Zelda game(though I'm not too excited for it now, as I explained), and the presentation overall looks phenomenal. I just can't get hyped until I see more.

Now, with all of that said, I do admit I'm criticizing it and over-analyzing it to an EXTREME degree, but that's just how I am when it comes to the media and entertainment. I like and enjoy critiquing things. I really like going in depth with my thoughts on any form of media or entertainment, no matter how small it may be. I really love sharing my in-depth thoughts on stuff and starting conversation or debate about it.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:38:38 16/06/2016 by pankakesparx456
#111 Posted: 00:51:01 16/06/2016
Quote:
Why wasn't all of this shown off in the first place?

Because spoilers.

----------
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#112 Posted: 03:11:41 16/06/2016
I actually enjoyed what we saw of color splash.

Im not praising it, but I think it would be a pretty fun game and most of the hate are just Nintendo fanboys whining that they didnt get ttyd 2
---
My life is complete.
#113 Posted: 09:58:29 16/06/2016
Colour Splash looks mediocre at best.

It's a slightly better Sticker Star but Sticker Star was conceptually bad.
---
#114 Posted: 14:59:14 16/06/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote:
Why wasn't all of this shown off in the first place?

Because spoilers.

----------

There's numerous ways they could've given us an info dump without spoiling anything story related, because at this point, the story should really be the only thing they keep under wraps. This isn't J.J. Abrams' mystery box, this is a Zelda game. And one that's due out in less than a year. But that's just me.

Quote:
At the least, does everyone agree that Ninty was better this year than last year?

That I can agree with.

It doesn't come close to what they had in 2013 or 2014 obviously but it was an improvement over last year. Personally I'm glad to see a sequel to BoxBoy since i just recently got that game and have been really enjoying it. And I loved what we saw for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Everything else I was indifferent on, but that's still a step up from really disliking Ninty's event last year.
---
Cool cool.
#115 Posted: 15:58:16 16/06/2016
Quote:
There's numerous ways they could've given us an info dump without spoiling anything story related, because at this point, the story should really be the only thing they keep under wraps. This isn't J.J. Abrams' mystery box, this is a Zelda game. And one that's due out in less than a year. But that's just me.

The whole point of towns in Zelda games is that they are where you get story development and meet NPCs and they have their own little stories to tell. Showing towns at all would be spoiling stuff, except for maybe some screenshots of what they look like. Also what does "this is a Zelda game" have to do with anything? Lore and story is one of the most important aspects in Zelda, and it's going to be even more so in this game, as they are making it possible to beat the final boss without getting any of the story. The story and lore is one of the things you will be exploring to discover in this game, so that's why they removed most traces of it from the demo (which is again, 2% of the full world).

Also you keep acting like this is all they will ever be showing of the game, but they explicitly said at the VERY BEGINNING of the Treehouse stream that they will be showing more in the coming months.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#116 Posted: 17:24:27 16/06/2016
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote:
Literally how is the new Zelda "ambitious"? It's doing what SHOULD have been done before, but wasn't. An open world Zelda isn't ambitious, if that's what you're thinking. Tons of other companies have made open world fantasy games with varying degrees of success. Just because it's open world doesn't mean its special. There is no way this is ambitious, because from what I've seen, it's all stuff that's been done before by other companies that actually listen to fans.

It's ambitious because of the size of the world in relation to how much there is to do in it.

Not to mention you can literally interact with everything. You can cut down any tree and it will fall with real physics, which can be used to make loose bridges, for example.

And you can actually do this in-game:

[User Posted Image]

You can even go fight the Final Boss straight away if you feel crazy enough to do it.

If you actually watched the streams and videos you would see how much ambition and stuff this game has to offer.

And there have been bigger games that offer more than what's offered in this one.

Yeah, I saw that. Once again, something that should have been done a long time ago.

Why would I want to do that?

I did watch the streams, and was still unimpressed. Don't make stupid assumptions.

hahaha did nintendo trigger you
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#117 Posted: 18:46:24 16/06/2016
[User Posted Image]

===============
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#118 Posted: 20:49:34 16/06/2016
....anybody else gonna buy recore?
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#119 Posted: 22:40:05 16/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

I'd buy it if I had an Xbox. It looks quite good.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#120 Posted: 23:24:21 16/06/2016
Quote: gillgrunt987
Quote: ZapNorris

I'd buy it if I had an Xbox. It looks quite good.

yeah, it looks pretty awesome.

there are so many games i want but can't have because i don't have a PS4 yet.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#121 Posted: 00:52:07 17/06/2016
We've been a given a date for next year's E3: June 13-15.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#122 Posted: 01:05:04 17/06/2016
The Death Stranding trailer seemed to be very much referring to Kojima, Konami, and MGS.

All the dead lying around him (the former team fired that he couldn't bring with him), the baby slipping away (MGS franchise), the character being traumatized by it (Kojima), and the overreaching fingers of a giant ominous figure in the sky (Konami).
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:00:02 17/06/2016 by skylandersspyro
#123 Posted: 01:50:58 17/06/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro
The Death Stranding trailer seemed to be very much referring to Kojima, Konami, and MGS.

All the dead lying around him (the former team fired that he couldn't bring with him), the baby slipping away (MGD franchise), the character being traumatized by it (Kojima), and the overreaching fingers of a giant ominous figure in the sky (Konami).

HOLY **** YOU'RE RIGHT
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#124 Posted: 02:13:07 17/06/2016

All the dead lying around him (the former team fired that he couldn't bring with him), the baby slipping away (MGD franchise), the character being traumatized by it (Kojima), and the overreaching fingers of a giant ominous figure in the sky (Konami).

okay but the trailer also symbolizes connections? why would he want to be connected to konami, still? :\
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#125 Posted: 14:59:45 17/06/2016
Quote: parisruelz12

All the dead lying around him (the former team fired that he couldn't bring with him), the baby slipping away (MGS franchise), the character being traumatized by it (Kojima), and the overreaching fingers of a giant ominous figure in the sky (Konami).

okay but the trailer also symbolizes connections? why would he want to be connected to konami, still? smilie

He was connected to the baby (MGS).
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#126 Posted: 17:43:16 17/06/2016

Hands down the funniest part of E3 this year.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
#127 Posted: 12:20:56 18/06/2016
Quote:
Also you keep acting like this is all they will ever be showing of the game, but they explicitly said at the VERY BEGINNING of the Treehouse stream that they will be showing more in the coming months.

As I said, that's my main issue. They spent yet another gaming event essentially teasing the game when they've been doing that already for years now. This E3 was the perfect opportunity to give us a huge look at what to expect but instead they opted to tease us yet again. E3 2014 and The 2014 Game Awards were understandable, since the game was still in early development, but now the game is due out in less than a year and we basically got another teaser of what's going to come out.

I mean look at the trailer for Twilight Princess the year after it was announced:

Absolutely no dialogue or text whatsoever and it still gave us a great idea of what to expect from the majority of Twilight Princess, such as a world in chaos, a hooded figure that most likely becomes essential to the plot(Zelda), a whole new gameplay style with Midna and Wolf Link, the actual reveal of Midna and Wolf Link, villages, NPCs, dungeons, you name it.

Breath of the Wild's trailer by comparison was doing nothing but showcasing this open world that, while looks incredibly gorgeous, still doesn't give a good idea of what to expect from this game besides things that are already in a huge majority of open world games already. And while that isn't a bad thing, it certainly isn't innovative by any means. For Zelda yeah, but as far as open world games go this is nothing new and it's just as natural as Zelda games including their elements such as dungeons, puzzles, etc.

I know more information is coming, but at this point I'm expecting it to just be small tidbits of information now because all Nintendo has been doing is constantly teasing this game and saying how innovative and ambitious it is without actually showing us that innovation or ambition after two years of being teased.

Again, nothing stood out in the E3 demo to me at all. I'm not just going to take Nintendo's word when they say Zelda and an open world mash together nicely, I want to see how both of those elements come together in a Zelda game. But we only got a quick confirmation during the stream of other Zelda essentials coming back and an open world that currently feels lifeless imo.
---
Cool cool.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#128 Posted: 01:06:12 19/06/2016
Um, Fate/Extella got a new trailer? Also it's confirmed to be coming to at least North America this winter?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#129 Posted: 02:35:57 19/06/2016
Quote:
This E3 was the perfect opportunity to give us a huge look at what to expect but instead they opted to tease us yet again.

...I

......I

....am really confused by your definition of "huge".

I don't know how you can compare that TP trailer to hours upon hours worth of footage, not to mention all of the interviews. Like, what?

The TP trailer literally tells you "oh hey, this game is a bit darker than most Zelda games, Link can turn into a wolf, there is a weird Twilight realm that's basically like the Dark World from Link to the Past, and there is a weird imp character that hangs around with Link for reasons". That's literally it, that''s hardly revealing a lot at all. In fact, there's barely any substantial gameplay there.

The BotW trailer by comparison:

-Confirmed voice acting right off the bat
-Really conveyed how open and big the game is with swooping shots of so many landscapes, as well as showing a variety of them
-Demonstrated that you can now use multiple weapons and not just a sword
-Demonstrated the physics engine and the creative ways you can use it, like chopping down trees and using them as bridges
-Demonstrated that there is wildlife that you can hunt now
-Demonstrated that you need to cook your own food
-Demonstrated that you can catch your own horses in the wild
-Demonstrated that you can change armour
-Demonstrated various things like the sailcloth and the Sheikah Slate powers
-Teased Calamity Ganon
-Teased a heavy involvement for the Master Sword in the game's plot, in a way that hints it would have a different kind of relevance, since it's rusted
-Showed some bosses, like the rock monster thing (who has been found in the demo, and is named "Steppe Talus")

That's just off the top of my head but there's probably more I'm forgetting.

Like there is literally no argument for this. You're reaching for a "logical" reason to complain about how "they didn't show enough of the game", when there isn't one. They showed plenty, even in just the trailer. Not to mention the hours upon hours of footage there is to watch and analyse, both from Nintendo and journalists/fans who attended E3, and then all of the interviews with Aonuma that have confirmed even more details. At this point, to complain about them not showing enough, is just having impossible standards, to be quite frank with you. I can't even recall any games that had THIS much of a blowout at any E3 or gaming convention.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:41:26 19/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#130 Posted: 04:04:59 19/06/2016
...Okay yeah the TP comparison was really dumb on my part now that I look back on my post. Forget I said that.

Quote:
The BotW trailer by comparison:

-Confirmed voice acting right off the bat
-Really conveyed how open and big the game is with swooping shots of so many landscapes, as well as showing a variety of them
-Demonstrated that you can now use multiple weapons and not just a sword

-Demonstrated the physics engine and the creative ways you can use it, like chopping down trees and using them as bridges
-Demonstrated that there is wildlife that you can hunt now
-Demonstrated that you need to cook your own food

-Demonstrated that you can catch your own horses in the wild
-Demonstrated that you can change armour
-Demonstrated various things like the sailcloth and the Sheikah Slate powers
-Teased Calamity Ganon
-Teased a heavy involvement for the Master Sword in the game's plot, in a way that hints it would have a different kind of relevance, since it's rusted
-Showed some bosses, like the rock monster thing (who has been found in the demo, and is named "Steppe Talus")

(specifically the bolded parts)So it's "impossible standards" to not want to see an over-extensive look at things that are basic for any open world game? Maybe I'm just not wording my posts right or something, am I honestly missing anything?

There's nothing about this game that screams innovative like the devs have constantly been saying. Things like hunting wildlife, changing armor, cooking food, and even voice acting are common knowledge for any open world game. And Nintendo spent 8 hours on this. How is this any different than what I can do in games like Skyrim? I can cook in Skyrim. I can hunt wildlife in Assassin's Creed III. I can change armor in Fallout.

I don't want to see an overloaded stream of Link doing things we should already have in an open world game, I want to see the things Link can do in both an open world sense and a Zelda sense. More things like the Sheikah Slate or the sailcloth. Those are PERFECT ways to showcase how these two genres are blending together because it makes it both a unique Zelda experience and a unique open world experience. These aren't things you would find in every open world game, or every game in general. But things like cooking and changing armor? We don't need hours of that being showcased for a big reveal. Players familiar with the genre are already going to have an idea of how it works. Nintendo shouldn't have spent an overloaded amount of time on things we should already expect going into ANY open world game.
---
Cool cool.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#131 Posted: 07:28:58 19/06/2016
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Maybe if you buy the Fallout 4™ season pass you might change your mind!

[User Posted Image]

You seem trustworthy. But I'll ask this guy just to be sure:

[User Posted Image]

He agrees.
#132 Posted: 16:31:16 19/06/2016
Quote:
(specifically the bolded parts)So it's "impossible standards" to not want to see an over-extensive look at things that are basic for any open world game? Maybe I'm just not wording my posts right or something, am I honestly missing anything?

Now you're just admitting that you didn't watch much footage, because they didn't spend an over-extensive amount of time on any of these things, they are just intergral parts of the game that you'll generally be utilising regularly along with the more unique and specific stuff. This is like saying "they're spending too much time jumping in a Mario game".

Like if you don't like the game it's fine but stop pretending they "didn't show enough" or trying to make it sound like you have a clever reason for disliking it. It just sounds like you don't like the game for no particular reason.
---
#133 Posted: 18:45:29 19/06/2016
I tried watching as much of the stream as I could like I said before,and I watched at least half of it. Maybe I kept tuning back in at the worst possible times but every single time I went back to watch they were focusing on really basic and simple stuff like this and eventually after watching most of the stream I just quit because nothing caught my interest.

Anyways I'll just stop here because I think this got prolonged enough. Sorry if I seemed stubborn or ill-willed but I really wanted to affirm my stance on the game and I think I did that more than enough.
---
Cool cool.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#134 Posted: 20:53:53 20/06/2016
Quote:

Now you're just admitting that you didn't watch much footage, because they didn't spend an over-extensive amount of time on any of these things, they are just intergral parts of the game that you'll generally be utilising regularly along with the more unique and specific stuff. This is like saying "they're spending too much time jumping in a Mario game".

Like if you don't like the game it's fine but stop pretending they "didn't show enough" or trying to make it sound like you have a clever reason for disliking it. It just sounds like you don't like the game for no particular reason.

Personally, I watched the entire Zelda part of Treehouse. I thought it looked huge, but they definitely didn't show enough cause it all looked slow and dull and non-Zelda. It lowered my hype in total, but I will still be picking up and probably enjoying the game. They spent an over-extensive amount of time on running around aimlessly, and showed almost nothing of what the game is actually like when you actually go to play it rather than running around doing the same thing every 10 minutes.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#135 Posted: 12:11:09 25/06/2016
Quote: Pixilism
we all know who the real winner of e3 is

check out this leaked console by SEGA

[User Posted Image]

lol xD
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#136 Posted: 17:55:33 25/06/2016
Quote: Pixilism
we all know who the real winner of e3 is

check out this leaked console by SEGA

[User Posted Image]

lol xD
---
My life is complete.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me