Page 1 of 1
The Memories.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1 Posted: 20:52:05 02/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So, yesterday, I thought it would be fun to go back and return to SSA.
And as I was playing It, It just brought back so many memories.
The incredible storyline, the music, the amazing levels. It was just so memorable.
The game was actually challenging. The characters weren't as strong as they are now.
I miss this game :3
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 21:14:09 02/06/2016
I don't really remember any challenge there. Some Skylanders were more unwieldy but as I learned the tricks even replaying it last year I'm still just as sharp, and I suck at videogames.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#3 Posted: 21:22:39 02/06/2016
I agree on there being an actual challenge there, but it's not due to strength. It's the strategy.

Honestly the difficulty meaning enemy health vs. damage dealt seems the easiest to me.
But there's actual strategy and stuff that's difficult to dodge.
Which I prefer largely to the nowadays circle the enemy and continuously attack.

I've been meaning to replay it as well, I'll get to it later this summer.
#4 Posted: 21:27:12 02/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh. Well apparently my strategy sucks smilie
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#5 Posted: 21:34:48 02/06/2016
I wish the newer skylanders games had the adventurous music it does in SSA
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#6 Posted: 21:39:30 02/06/2016
I was just thinking about this game last night when I beat the final boss of Superchargers.

Mostly when I was playing as Super Shot Stealth Elf and she was taking hits like a tank. Like, sure I'm only playing on Normal, but I remember when she was the fragile yet speedy and powerful one. It's just when the level cap went up and everyone got huge amounts of health that the only time anyone's delicate is on Nightmare, and in that case, everyone's delicate!

I also miss the different character-based solutions to some of the things the game throws at you. Those quick thieves have convenient blocks to push in their way when you first come across them, but not so much in later levels or in Elemental Zones. You simply cannot keep up with them with a slow melee character! So, either take it down with something with a good range, or trick it with something like Stealth Elf to defeat it.

Or: are you tired of sliding around in Empire of Ice? Bring out something that can fly and just hover over the slippery surface!

And of course there's one puzzle I never actually found out the intended solution to. There's a minefield with no safe path through it and a treasure chest on the other side. I don't know how I did it the first time, but the most recent time I had Ghost Roaster, and just used his invincibility move to get through.

There's some of that unintentionally nowadays (especially involving using Scratch to get where you're not supposed to be), but there's no built-in puzzles that you will approach differently depending on what characters you're using anymore.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#7 Posted: 02:21:26 05/06/2016
What I miss the most from SSA is its hubworld. It almost felt like an open world environment. I wish future hubworlds had expanded on that idea rather than becoming more restrictive.

Come on Imaginators, give us a nice expansive hubworld...
---
Boop me if you see this.
#8 Posted: 12:26:45 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ladala
I was just thinking about this game last night when I beat the final boss of Superchargers.

Mostly when I was playing as Super Shot Stealth Elf and she was taking hits like a tank. Like, sure I'm only playing on Normal, but I remember when she was the fragile yet speedy and powerful one. It's just when the level cap went up and everyone got huge amounts of health that the only time anyone's delicate is on Nightmare, and in that case, everyone's delicate!

I also miss the different character-based solutions to some of the things the game throws at you. Those quick thieves have convenient blocks to push in their way when you first come across them, but not so much in later levels or in Elemental Zones. You simply cannot keep up with them with a slow melee character! So, either take it down with something with a good range, or trick it with something like Stealth Elf to defeat it.

Or: are you tired of sliding around in Empire of Ice? Bring out something that can fly and just hover over the slippery surface!

And of course there's one puzzle I never actually found out the intended solution to. There's a minefield with no safe path through it and a treasure chest on the other side. I don't know how I did it the first time, but the most recent time I had Ghost Roaster, and just used his invincibility move to get through.

There's some of that unintentionally nowadays (especially involving using Scratch to get where you're not supposed to be), but there's no built-in puzzles that you will approach differently depending on what characters you're using anymore.

All this stuff reminds me so much of the game...
And what about those crystal's that only Prism Break could destroy? And Flashwing in the next game?
The only two games that really felt like Skylanders...
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#9 Posted: 13:39:16 05/06/2016
It took me ages to beat the Undead Clones and the Final Boss. It was back when I was bad at videogames, so I've gotten much better.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#10 Posted: 14:57:32 05/06/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
It took me ages to beat the Undead Clones and the Final Boss. It was back when I was bad at videogames, so I've gotten much better.

I accidentally turned off my Xbox as I beat Kaos... smilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#11 Posted: 14:59:31 05/06/2016
Quote: yelvy

When I destroyed all the clones, I thought "Yes! Now it's time to win this!" Then he healed himself to full health, and part of my soul died as I proceeded to get rekt.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#12 Posted: 15:08:43 05/06/2016

When I destroyed all the clones, I thought "Yes! Now it's time to win this!" Then he healed himself to full health, and part of my soul died as I proceeded to get rekt.

I hate things like that!
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#13 Posted: 15:10:58 05/06/2016
I remember the first time I fought Kaos (mind you I only had 4 skylanders), everytime I got to the part where he summons the chop chop minion I would always get rekt. Took me forever to beat him.....
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#14 Posted: 16:26:32 05/06/2016
Quote: Luminous35

And what about those crystal's that only Prism Break could destroy? And Flashwing in the next game?

Whirlwind could break them too.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#15 Posted: 05:46:26 06/06/2016
This is still my favorite Skylanders game. I somewhat recently finished replaying it, actually.

I really miss having things that only certain Skylanders could do, like going through water, lighting up dark places, or breaking rocks and crystals with their attacks. A few Soul Gem upgrades, like Double Trouble's and Stump Smash's, became useless after SA because there were pretty much no water areas anymore.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#16 Posted: 18:58:11 25/07/2016
Love this game! After my PlayStation 3 broke, I replayed my skylander games and SSA and Giants are still my favorites. I also love that some skylander could fly (over water) and zombies could only be destroyed with fire. It made switching skylanders rewarding.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
#17 Posted: 20:35:05 25/07/2016 | Topic Creator

Yeeeppp. That boss battle was almost impossible. I managed to get through it though.

I hope they bring back the Hydra.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me